PDA

View Full Version : Don't get me wrong...

Nixt
25-09-2007, 07:29 PM
I love Shabbs, but this is rather ridiculous:

Shabbs
Assistant News Manager
Last Activity: 22-06-2007 08:39 PM

The reason I am posting this and not PMing it, is I think it's somewhat reflective of the way things are being run at Habbox now. There are some things that Habbox does brilliantly, but there are areas that are slipping - as shown by many little issues that I think you will see if you browse this Forum.

cocaine
25-09-2007, 07:30 PM
yeah he hasnt been active in.. -counts- 3 months.

today
25-09-2007, 07:31 PM
I even forgot about him as he never posts.

Wow, surly thats fired unless he's like on a mega holiday but still.. :\

---MAD---
25-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Shabbs has been a great asset to the news department previously so him keeping assistant manager role is not a problem even if he is not active. When adzeh is away etc, shabbs takes over until adzeh gets back. As long as adzeh doesn't have a problem with it, it's fine by me :).

dirrty
25-09-2007, 07:34 PM
lol. might aswell fire him and get a new one who will be active.

today
25-09-2007, 07:35 PM
tru its wastin a place at habbox rly.

And doesnt look good either tbh.

---MAD---
25-09-2007, 07:35 PM
News department has 2 assistant managers already :).

Soil
25-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Shabbs has been a great asset to the news department previously so him keeping assistant manager role is not a problem even if he is not active. When adzeh is away etc, shabbs takes over until adzeh gets back. As long as adzeh doesn't have a problem with it, it's fine by me :).

But there is no point having someone who hasnt been active for for 3 months?
Or is it that he is active, but just not in the forum?

today
25-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Yh but surly at least one does a job and Shabazz doesnt rly.

Edit: Shabbs*

Clickme
25-09-2007, 07:39 PM
*removed*

Edited by ---MAD--- (General Manager): Please do not insult other forum members/staff.

Hecktix1
25-09-2007, 07:41 PM
News department has 2 assistant managers already :).

Well yes in all honesty, but to be frank MAD neither of them actually do anything...

In all honesty the News Department is in a bit of a state, there are only several active reporters... news team weekly reports from Adzeh have been quite poor for several weeks now.

I understand this sounds quite hypocritical of me; however I have posted for official leave in the news department.

Soil
25-09-2007, 07:41 PM
*removed*

Surely Furi0n now deserves a perm ban?
They probs have the same IP, and its obvious they are the same person.

Clickme
25-09-2007, 07:43 PM
*removed*

Edited by ---MAD--- (General Manager): Please do not insult other forum members.

Soil
25-09-2007, 07:44 PM
*removed*

today
25-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Your mature mate :)

Clickme
25-09-2007, 07:45 PM
*removed*

Edited by ---MAD--- (General Manager): Please do not insult other forum members.

today
25-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Your temp ban will be turned into a perm.

Then you'll lose your VIP for deff.

Soil
25-09-2007, 07:46 PM
*Text Removed*

*Text Removed*

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be insutling or rude towards other members.

today
25-09-2007, 07:47 PM
He's banned and will be back in 10 minutes on another account using a proxy to try and hide his ip.

Manimela
25-09-2007, 07:49 PM
*removed*

today
25-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Told you, he'll be back.

WarezKid
25-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I lol'd if he knows how to change his IP ;D

today
25-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Doesnt really matter does it?
He'll get banned still.

Anyway back to the main topic...

Is he active on the news on habbox.com?

Hecktix1
25-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Why dont we get back on topic and why is MAD dealing with rule breaks.... is forum moderation still as poor as it was when i used the forum properly?

today
25-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Why dont we get back on topic and why is MAD dealing with rule breaks.... is forum moderation still as poor as it was when i used the forum properly?
Moderators cant moderate the habbox feedback/comments forum only supers/mad can.

Soil
25-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Shabbs has been a great asset to the news department previously so him keeping assistant manager role is not a problem even if he is not active. When adzeh is away etc, shabbs takes over until adzeh gets back. As long as adzeh doesn't have a problem with it, it's fine by me .

But there is no point having someone who hasnt been active for for 3 months?
Or is it that he is active, but just not in the forum?

-----

I thought the rules said that staff still had to log on the forum regularly?

Hecktix1
25-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Moderators cant moderate the habbox feedback/comments forum only supers/mad can.

forum moderation mainly consisted of super moderators last time i saw the staff lists.

today
25-09-2007, 07:59 PM
forum moderation mainly consisted of super moderators last time i saw the staff lists.
It doesnt. There's more moderators then Super Moderators.

Along with as i said they (normal moderators) cannot take action only Supers which may not be online at the time? It was all sorted within minutes anyway.

The Professor
25-09-2007, 08:02 PM

It was, but there was a recruitment drive a few weeks ago and now there are lots of normal moderators.

Catzsy
26-09-2007, 12:28 AM

This is laughable. How can somebody still be a great asset if they haven't signed on for 3 months? You know you seem to have different standards. When I moved back a thread in the heat of the moment you said it was serious power abuse and firing was a must! In fact you have said it again lately. This is notwithstanding the fact that I had no previous warnings/infractions for anything. The strange thing is that I was reading Sierk's comments about it the other day and he said the thread was allowed so was it power abuse to move it in the first place as it was a legitimate request for you to consider?

In fact Sierk also said that I could come back and didn't see any problem so is that fine by you? :D Sorry about this and I have not complained before
but your post is a little inconsistent considering your past actions.

Nick.
26-09-2007, 04:36 PM
When I was a super moderator I got fired after 2 weeks of inactivity. Just shows how corrupt Habbox is, and it's getting worse.

Hecktix1
26-09-2007, 05:16 PM
So yet again, Habbox Management is so incompetent they start ignoring a thread when their first response gets reasonably criticised.

joshuar
26-09-2007, 05:25 PM
We always reply to threads that have a complaint about us, to show we don't ignore you, I haven't seen a thread recently where one of us haven't replied, and ---MAD--- has already replied anyway.

I would think it's only fair that someone who has been inactive for that long is removed, however, it's not my decision to make.

It isn't a rule for staff to be active on the forum I believe, however, it's how we gague activity for staff members as it is the primary place for Staff to obtain information for their department.

Nixt
26-09-2007, 09:34 PM
We always reply to threads that have a complaint about us, to show we don't ignore you, I haven't seen a thread recently where one of us haven't replied, and ---MAD--- has already replied anyway.

I would think it's only fair that someone who has been inactive for that long is removed, however, it's not my decision to make.

It isn't a rule for staff to be active on the forum I believe, however, it's how we gague activity for staff members as it is the primary place for Staff to obtain information for their department.

The Forum is the place where (assistant) department managers run their departments though; so if they don't come online, they should remain manager?

sierk1
27-09-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't see the relation between Shabbs and you though. As Mad explained we decided to keep Shabbs on so he could still help out when necessary. It shouldn't put any extra strain on the other news managers, as besides Shabbs there should be an active manager and assistant manager. Shabbs is only for backup so to speak. Of course if he also is not active anymore to help as backup it will be time for him to leave, but there is no urgency.

Going against your own manager and in that way abusing your powers seems something completely different to me. I don't remember if I said the thread was allowed, but in any case a staff member shouldn't put back a thread that was just removed by his/her manager.

With Shabbs we know that he is less active, and we are thankfull if he still helps out when necessary.

This is laughable. How can somebody still be a great asset if they haven't signed on for 3 months? You know you seem to have different standards. When I moved back a thread in the heat of the moment you said it was serious power abuse and firing was a must! In fact you have said it again lately. This is notwithstanding the fact that I had no previous warnings/infractions for anything. The strange thing is that I was reading Sierk's comments about it the other day and he said the thread was allowed so was it power abuse to move it in the first place as it was a legitimate request for you to consider?

In fact Sierk also said that I could come back and didn't see any problem so is that fine by you? :D Sorry about this and I have not complained before
but your post is a little inconsistent considering your past actions.

-:Undertaker:-
27-09-2007, 08:19 PM
When I was a super moderator I got fired after 2 weeks of inactivity. Just shows how corrupt Habbox is, and it's getting worse.

Something needs sorting to be honest, I don't think Habbox has a 'community' anymore if you like, I have recently noticed the difference between ClubHabbo and Habbox, Habbox seems all dead and well, ClubHabbo feels like everyone knows eachother.

I think the best part of Habbox is the staff though, if I wasn't working with great staff in Rare Values I wouldn't of been there :)

Immenseman
27-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Hasn't been online for months, oh dear. Most people would be fired.

Something needs sorting to be honest, I don't think Habbox has a 'community' anymore if you like, I have recently noticed the difference between ClubHabbo and Habbox, Habbox seems all dead and well, ClubHabbo feels like everyone knows eachother.

I think the best part of Habbox is the staff though, if I wasn't working with great staff in Rare Values I wouldn't of been there :)

I have been on both forums and I personally enjoy habbox a hell of a lot more. Although that's probably because I know a lot of people from habbox and not many from clubhabbo. Habbox has a lot more users and I still think there is a decent community on habbox.

---MAD---
27-09-2007, 10:04 PM
I am not sure how that shows Habbox is corrupt or anything like that. Super moderators have to be active daily as much of the moderating relies on them. I am not sure whats up with elkaa though, he may be having some internet problems or something, we will just have to wait and see what's going on.

The deal with shabbs is that he is a backup (as sierk has already said above) for when both the assistant manager and manager of the news manager are away or busy for example.

Catzsy
27-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I don't see the relation between Shabbs and you though. As Mad explained we decided to keep Shabbs on so he could still help out when necessary. It shouldn't put any extra strain on the other news managers, as besides Shabbs there should be an active manager and assistant manager. Shabbs is only for backup so to speak. Of course if he also is not active anymore to help as backup it will be time for him to leave, but there is no urgency.

Going against your own manager and in that way abusing your powers seems something completely different to me. I don't remember if I said the thread was allowed, but in any case a staff member shouldn't put back a thread that was just removed by his/her manager.

With Shabbs we know that he is less active, and we are thankfull if he still helps out when necessary.

Please accept my apologies. I have checked back and I read it wrong. Yes you said the thread was not allowed under a rule introduced quite recently before it happened although I really feel that a thread
just requesting Mad to listen to 11 out of the then 14 moderation staff who had signed it would have been treated with a bit more respect especially as we had taken the pm route many times. Anyway its in the past and as I predicted at the time many, many staff would leave and for the reasons I stated.

What I am trying to say is that policies are inconsistent and people get upset if they see one member of staff being treated more favourably than another. Some people get fired for inactivity after 2 weeks. Some people get fired for one mistake. Other people seem to make very many mistakes and are kept on. I would not even have bothered to mention this except that the FM still seems to tell people that I seriously abused my powers and firing was a must which is a complete exageration of the situation. If I had banned people for fun, banned people out of spite, deleted posts and threads I could understand it.

I even suggested to him,recently, that we have a pact not to talk about each other to anybody in the future but needless to say he did not find me worthy of a reply but as he said when I was fired he did not find me worthy sending a pm of the reasons I was fired or indeed that a girl was not capable of helping to run the forum. Ce la vie :)

Nixt
28-09-2007, 09:07 PM

Less active is a little bit of an understatement? There is no way you can say he is there for backup when he doesn't come on! Lets say Adzeh and PrtScrn go away on holiday at the same time - you PM Shabbs asking for him to cover them while they're away. Great. Sorted.

But wait! He hasn't been online in 3 months, he's not going to get that PM?! If you have an alternative contact for him, then fine and I am wrong. If you don't, this is ridiculous.

---MAD---
28-09-2007, 10:37 PM
I would not even have bothered to mention this except that the FM still seems to tell people that I seriously abused my powers and firing was a must which is a complete exageration of the situation. If I had banned people for fun, banned people out of spite, deleted posts and threads I could understand it.
Can I ask how you managed to turn this thread about you? This is about inactivity, not you or you being fired so please stop mentioning it, as its getting boring now. Thanks :).

Soil
28-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Can I ask how you managed to turn this thread about you? This is about inactivity, not you or you being fired so please stop mentioning it, as its getting boring now. Thanks :).

You are the one who is boring me. She hasn't turned this thread about her. You just seem to ban anyone or close any thread which is against you. You are pathetic. Habbox was so much better without you :)

Have you noticed how habbox started getting so many complaints / started going downhill since you joined? Selfish people never learn. Oh and seriously, learn some damn common sense like I stated in my previous thread which you closed as you started getting flamed.

Even my 7 year old cousion has more common sense than you.

Galaxay1
28-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Saurav, if hes boring you dont look at his posts it that simple, He doesnt 'ban any member who is against' him as then sierk would find him power abusing and fire him? If theres a thread made against him he has the right to close it if you took the time to read the rules then you would find that its against the rules to make a thread aimed at a specific member of habbox. If you have a problem with him do as he suggested and PM sierk about it.

Also please stop crying over an infraction. Its seriously pathetic and lame. Everyone has common sense obviously. Your thread was aimed at a member of staff so obviously it'd be closed within time.

The end of that supposed to be a joke?

Earthquake
29-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Some people do have a life.

dannyisnotamazing
29-09-2007, 12:13 PM
He might be dead :O:O:O:O

Camy
29-09-2007, 12:20 PM
It does seem a bit strange to keep him on after 3 months of doing nothing,
And yeah the thing about him being a bk up, seems stupid unless, you have his msn or something like that, or habbo name obv lol.

Galaxay1
29-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Considering theres another Asst manager it doesnt matter, hes backup so if they do need to go away they have him there.

the wombats
29-09-2007, 12:25 PM

yes - not coming on for 3 months. let's face it, he doesn't like habbox anymore. i say fire him. and just ashame you don't have one isn't it?

le harry
29-09-2007, 12:37 PM
yes - not coming on for 3 months. let's face it, he doesn't like habbox anymore. i say fire him. and just ashame you don't have one isn't it?

do what he said xx

Earthquake
29-09-2007, 12:38 PM
I have a gr8 life, better then u infact

the wombats
29-09-2007, 12:42 PM
I have a gr8 life, better then u infact

yeah being on habbo 24/7 is such a great life. :rolleyes:

Galaxay1
29-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Lol damian got owned :rolleyes:

And yeh its up to habbox who they keep as staff active or not, their decision not yours.

Pat McGroin
29-09-2007, 01:04 PM
jerry jerry

earthquake shutup.

dannyisnotamazing
29-09-2007, 01:24 PM
jerry jerry

earthquake shutup.
SHUTUP PARTY!!!!!!!!!

Catzsy
29-09-2007, 02:35 PM

Well actually this is the first time I have. Find another thread in the last few months please and quote it. It was in reaction to you spouting off on MSN negatively about me and exagerrating the truth as usual. I politely sent you a message asking for us to make a pact that we don't discuss each other please but you just ignored it. The fact of the matter is you do not treat staff fairly or with any respect and never have done thats why a petition was made in the first place and why so many very experienced and good staff have left - because of you. you have a tendency to put the knife in/damage my reputation behind the scenes instead of being open and honest about it. At least I am up front about it.

Anybody reading this thread would realise that the reasons you give for keeping inactive staff on is paper thin. The spirit of this forum is dying and you have killed it. At least there are some good people left to salvage what is left, hopefully. Its great to see Jrh back too :) Now put that in your pipe and digest it. Thanks :)

Galaxay1
29-09-2007, 02:42 PM
I've never seen mad treat another member 'unfairly' or disrespecting them in any way. People left because exams, nothing to do with MAD so try and get facts right, if they have a problem with mad report to sierk, as you should do if needbe instead of constantly posting nothing to do with this topic.

Every forum dies over time, get used to it, Even your forum was "booming" a few month back now its dead.

Now try posting something to do with the topic and not continous posts about you? :) Thanks.

Catzsy
29-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I've never seen mad treat another member 'unfairly' or disrespecting them in any way. People left because exams, nothing to do with MAD so try and get facts right, if they have a problem with mad report to sierk, as you should do if needbe instead of constantly posting nothing to do with this topic.

Every forum dies over time, get used to it, Even your forum was "booming" a few month back now its dead.

Now try posting something to do with the topic and not continous posts about you? :) Thanks.

Well I haven't posted continous posts and it is on-topic as he has let a person who has been inactive for 3 months(not even sign in) just stay. You wouldn't know whether he has been fair or not. In fact you posting this has done my cause the world of good:) My site was never booming, hasn't been opened for months and is a nice little community. You should know you are there often enough. :)

Galaxay1
29-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Erm, could you rephrase "Well i havent you would know whether he had or not" in english as i completely dont understand it, and yes i use habmate at times, and it has been open for a few months.

Catzsy
29-09-2007, 02:57 PM
I have re-phrased it and the forum opened on the 21st July so thats just over 2 months. This isn't about HabMate anyway its about Habbox having no decent policy when it comes to treatment of staff. They should draw up some sort of code to so that staff are treated equally whether or not the Manager likes you or not ( I am not talking about myself here). As I say some people have to virtually commit murder to be sacked and others are inactive for 2 weeks and sacked while others needn't bother to sign in for 3 months and their posts are safe.

Galaxay1
29-09-2007, 03:00 PM
The staff are treated fairly. As said 100 times hes backup, theres an assistant manager he isnt needed, so what if they keep him, its their choice not yours in the end of the day. Hardly committing murder being inactive on the forums for 3 months?...

---MAD---
29-09-2007, 03:02 PM
you have a tendency to put the knife in/damage my reputation behind the scenes instead of being open and honest about it. At least I am up front about it.

Anybody reading this thread would realise that the reasons you give for keeping inactive staff on is paper thin. The spirit of this forum is dying and you have killed it. At least there are some good people left to salvage what is left, hopefully. Its great to see Jrh back too :) Now put that in your pipe and digest it. Thanks :)
There is no reason to post personal things in public as I do not crave any attention from the public.

le harry
29-09-2007, 03:06 PM
The staff are treated fairly. As said 100 times hes backup, theres an assistant manager he isnt needed, so what if they keep him, its their choice not yours in the end of the day. Hardly committing murder being inactive on the forums for 3 months?...

how the **** is he suppose to backup when he hasnt been on the forum for 3 months.

Galaxay1
29-09-2007, 03:09 PM
The forums mean nothing to the news reporter? News reporter only needs habbox.com and Habbo as they probably have him on msn and can deal with any issues without coming on habboxforum :rolleyes:

le harry
29-09-2007, 03:13 PM
The forums mean nothing to the news reporter? News reporter only needs habbox.com and Habbo as they probably have him on msn and can deal with any issues without coming on habboxforum :rolleyes:

Ok, so your saying News Reporters don't even need to have a HXF account now :S

Galaxay1
29-09-2007, 03:16 PM
I never stated that ;) I said if hes a backup he doesnt have to use the forum. And he does have an account so ;)

Catzsy
29-09-2007, 03:19 PM
There is no reason to post personal things in public as I do not crave any attention from the public.

Rofl :D I bet you don't. On topic don't you feel that keeping someone as an assistant manager with his permissions for 3 months without him signing in a bit of a security risk? His account could have been hacked or anything. Normally if someone is away for any length of time their permissions are removed.

Galaxay1
29-09-2007, 03:22 PM
You're right, he doesnt ;)

And how is it a security risk :S If he was hacked im sure he would of done something than just leave the account? If they hacked him the hacker would of probably tried to get info for site them attempt to do something than just doing nothing for 3 months so i very much doubt hes hacked ;)

Catzsy
29-09-2007, 03:26 PM
You're right, he doesnt ;)

And how is it a security risk :S If he was hacked im sure he would of done something than just leave the account? If they hacked him the hacker would of probably tried to get info for site them attempt to do something than just doing nothing for 3 months so i very much doubt hes hacked ;)

But if he has been there is always a risk and it is quite possible that he has been hacked. You seem very authorative considering that you are a junior member of staff. Again quite honestly I am really happy for you to disagree with me. :)

Galaxay1
29-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Because im a "junior member of staff" means nothing with this really? If hes been been hacked again he wouldnt leave the account doing nothing, he'd try to gain access to parts of the site, otherwise pointless hacking the account, if the account was hacked then im sure he'd atleast be active to gain info?

dirrty
29-09-2007, 03:31 PM
i cba to read all these pages, but how do you contact him when you need him? do you have other methods besides email/pm etc.?

Galaxay1
29-09-2007, 03:32 PM
It'll probably be MSN and text's.

PenguinFluid
29-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Rofl :D I bet you don't. On topic don't you feel that keeping someone as an assistant manager with his permissions for 3 months without him signing in a bit of a security risk? His account could have been hacked or anything. Normally if someone is away for any length of time their permissions are removed.
Ye like when yours were removed for not being on for months ;o

Catzsy
29-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Because im a "junior member of staff" means nothing with this really? If hes been been hacked again he wouldnt leave the account doing nothing, he'd try to gain access to parts of the site, otherwise pointless hacking the account, if the account was hacked then im sure he'd atleast be active to gain info?

But you cannot say that for certain, can you? None of your posts give any
plausible explanation why somebody who has not signed in for 3 months who obviously therefore cannot be relied upon as back up is still as AM on Habbox.
Could be an oversight in which case it would have been better to say 'oops, thanks, Garion - I didn't notice. Well normally a junior member of staff doesn't expend so much energy defending the policy of the GM and usually doesn't have the knowledge necessary to be able to do it in an informed way.

Galaxay1
29-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Who said im certain? Im using common sense.. at the end of the day its up to AM/GM etc to keep who they wish nothing to do with anyone else ;)

Bomb-Head
29-09-2007, 04:55 PM

Excuse me?

You have NO idea of why people have left / resigned, so stop poking your nose in thinking you know every detail when as a mtter of fact, you know nothing.

Earthquake
29-09-2007, 04:58 PM
---MAD--- RULES CATZSYS A FOOL THATS ALL TO IT :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

And Galaxay, I never got ''owned'' All he said was your on habb 24/7, Oh please that saying is used far to many times to to many people, I am on habboxforum more than I am on habbo, and mostly I dont go on habbo some days just habboxforum, And I don't spend much time on habbo anyway, I only go on their for fifa, chats in hxhd, making my room, talking to old flames or old friends.

Galaxay1
29-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Excuse me?

You have NO idea of why people have left / resigned, so stop poking your nose in thinking you know every detail when as a mtter of fact, you know nothing.

I do beleive that they post threads about their resignations so i obviously know more than nothing. If you have nothing nice to say dont bother posting ;)

Bomb-Head
29-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I do beleive that they post threads about their resignations so i obviously know more than nothing. If you have nothing nice to say dont bother posting ;)

Or how about if you have nothing to say other than sucking up to Management, then you don't bother posting. ';)' :rolleyes:

Galaxay1
29-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Hardly sucking up to management im saying my point ;)

So basically if i agree with management and support them im sucking up? But if i agree with the person against management im the "cool dude"? :rolleyes:

Bomb-Head
29-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Hardly sucking up to management im saying my point ;)

So basically if i agree with management and support them im sucking up? But if i agree with the person against management im the "cool dude"? :rolleyes:
But no-one here is against Management?

Galaxay1
29-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Catzsys post isnt exactly encouraging management saying they treat staff unfairly :rolleyes:

-:Undertaker:-
29-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Lol damian got owned :rolleyes:

And yeh its up to habbox who they keep as staff active or not, their decision not yours.

However, it may be Habbox's decision but surely they should exercise that with every staff member?

Many staff have been fired for being inactive for just a week or so, so perhaps it should apply to this member of staff aswell?

Saurav, if hes boring you dont look at his posts it that simple, He doesnt 'ban any member who is against' him as then sierk would find him power abusing and fire him? If theres a thread made against him he has the right to close it if you took the time to read the rules then you would find that its against the rules to make a thread aimed at a specific member of habbox. If you have a problem with him do as he suggested and PM sierk about it.

Also please stop crying over an infraction. Its seriously pathetic and lame. Everyone has common sense obviously. Your thread was aimed at a member of staff so obviously it'd be closed within time.

The end of that supposed to be a joke?

Sierk doesn't fire people whom are high up and abuse powers, 8Freak8 was a lier and he didn't get fired?

A code should be drawn up about treatment of staff, and rules that apply to staff need to apply to management. Sierk needs to have more power to be honest, otherwise Habbox will continue to go downhill.

Catzsy
30-09-2007, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=Earthquake;3950399][B][COLOR=Red][SIZE=7]---MAD--- RULES CATZSYS A FOOL THATS ALL TO IT :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
[SIZE=1]

Oh dear I am never going to sleep at night now ;)

Galaxay you change your mind in every post and I waiting for the announcement that you have officially been appointed PA to Mr. Mad.
Sierk does not deal with the hiring and firing so he probably doesn't even know what's going on. All I do know though is that Sierk is very well regarded and is very keen to make sure staff are treated fairly and its seems that it is being ignored and the animal farm principle rules. 'All staff are equal except some are more equal than others' especially in this case

What people give as their official resignation reason and what they actually say they have resigned for is very different - any person knows that. Its what lies below the surface that counts.
You are an authority in some areas but thats more to do with rule breaking and bans I think. You do know more about that subject than I do ;)

Nixt
30-09-2007, 10:40 AM

Yes, most people do have a life. The difference is, those people with a life still manage to come on once every couple of days at least. 3 months and a couple of days are quite different. That argument is null anyway, if people's lives are so busy that they don't have time for Habbox any more, they should resign anyway so someone else who has more time can take their position.

Considering theres another Asst manager it doesnt matter, hes backup so if they do need to go away they have him there.

I've already questioned this point:

"Less active is a little bit of an understatement? There is no way you can say he is there for backup when he doesn't come on! Lets say Adzeh and PrtScrn go away on holiday at the same time - you PM Shabbs asking for him to cover them while they're away. Great. Sorted.

But wait! He hasn't been online in 3 months, he's not going to get that PM?! If you have an alternative contact for him, then fine and I am wrong. If you don't, this is ridiculous."

http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=3947744&postcount=40

Galaxay1
30-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Thats why they'll have his msn or phone number :rolleyes:

Nixt
30-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Thats why they'll have his msn or phone number :rolleyes:

Yes, but do they? No one has said they have, so we can't guarantee that they do. Maybe they do have his MSN (the more likely of the two) and maybe they can email him, but who is to say that he just doesn't bother coming online any more? He won't get the email then.

No offence but you're not the person I want to answer my questions, as anyone can answer in the way you answer - even I've contemplated the same thing, as you can see in my other post. However for a definitive answer, someone like MAD or Adzeh needs to reply, that's who I am waiting for and then this issue can be wrapped up.

Galaxay1
30-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Then perhaps you should pm management instead of making a thread, as making a thread gives me the right to reply to it where as PMing management i cant reply. ;)

Catzsy
30-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Then perhaps you should pm management instead of making a thread, as making a thread gives me the right to reply to it where as PMing management i cant reply. ;)

Garion is not saying you shouldn't reply he is saying that you really don't
possess the experience or expertise or authority to make a statement on behalf of Habbox - that's what he wants. Sending a pm also means that he quite possibly he won't have a reply;)

Nixt
30-09-2007, 11:01 AM

I am not saying I don't want you to reply, the fact I posted it publicly is so the issue can be debated openly. I think actually letting everyone know about a problem is more effective than keeping it quiet, as things rarely happen in that situation.
What I am saying however, is that your replies are pretty pointless - as I've already recognised that they may have his MSN etc. However you don't know if they do, also you don't know if he bothers to check his email. MAD or Adzeh on the other hand probably do, so for this particular question, I am looking for them to answer - feel free to try to answer it yourself, but technically there is little point, because although you act that you know everything about Habbox simply because you are friendly with MAD, you don't.
Anyway, I am not getting drawn into an argument.

Edit - well said Catzsy (:

Galaxay1
30-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Somewhat more likely to get a reply via PM as they wont have as many PMs as there are new threads. ;)

I dont act as if i know everything because im friendly with MAD? Rofl.

Nixt
30-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Somewhat more likely to get a reply via PM as they wont have as many PMs as there are new threads. ;)

You're joking, right? They get tonnes of PMs... besides I've already established why I didn't do it in a PM, I did so in my very first post in fact. I find posting threads more effective; causing controversy means things get done.

Galaxay1
30-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Have you ever checked the amount of threads made? :rolleyes: Nvr gets about 1000PMs a week? (according to him in staff forums :P) theres thousands of 'New posts' ;)

Catzsy
30-09-2007, 11:09 AM

I dont act as if i know everything because im friendly with MAD? Rofl.

Sorry but I am sure Mad has a lot more pms than threads in Habbox Feedback
asking him to reply:S- Hmm he is the GM. A person can ignore a PM. They are less likely (although in some cases not) to ignore a thread asking them a question in the public forum. Personally I don't think there will be an answer because there is no reasonable response to what Garion has pointed out except to admit a mistake has been made or to say we 'should know our place'. :)

Galaxay1
30-09-2007, 11:10 AM
As said before they're obviously keeping him on for a reason otherwise they would have fired him?

Nixt
30-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Have you ever checked the amount of threads made? :rolleyes: Nvr gets about 80PMs? theres hundreds of 'New posts' ;)

I was talking about threads in Habbox Feedback - there is no need for MAD or nvr or Adzeh to check every single thread posted on the Forum :rolleyes:. MAD always used to tell me that he would deal with PMs, posts in staff Forums and Habbox feedback. He also told me he had all other categories collapsed most of the time so he could deal with the priority situations first (it's a good idea, I think). So clearly, MAD thinks threads in Habbox Feedback are important. More important than the thread in the Spam Forum saying "HELLO LOLZ!!" anyway ;).

Galaxay1
30-09-2007, 11:13 AM
You never stated Habbox Feedback forum so how was i to know ;)

dirrty
30-09-2007, 11:15 AM
imo it would be so much easier and probably end this thread if mad or whoever mentioned how they contact that person since he is inactive on this forum. if there were other methods then so be it, but if the only method of communication with is via pm then its just plain stupid as how do they know he will even come back to this forum, unless he has told admins that he will be off for a period of time.

^ if thats already been mentioned then soz, but im not going through 9 pages :)

Nixt
30-09-2007, 11:15 AM
You never stated Habbox Feedback forum so how was i to know ;)

Well I considered it pretty obvious, apparently Catzsy did also. Simple minds need further explanation though, I suppose. Anyway, I am going to wait for someone who knows what they are talking about to reply now, as this debate is getting pointless and off-topic :).

GommeInc
30-09-2007, 05:35 PM
I find it humerous how Habbox give permanent job positions when in reality you rarely ever get them and I bet half those people with permanent jobs really do not need them. Give them a new user group which makes them have limited access to the Staff Forums, not waste a position on someone who won't use it. It just shows tacky management skills "/

nvrspk4
01-10-2007, 04:32 AM
He might be dead :O:O:O:O

How cheerful.

I find it humerous how Habbox give permanent job positions when in reality you rarely ever get them and I bet half those people with permanent jobs really do not need them. Give them a new user group which makes them have limited access to the Staff Forums, not waste a position on someone who won't use it. It just shows tacky management skills "/

There's a special usergroup for the "permanant staff". I believe this is something different, but I couldn't give you details since I'm not involved with this particular case.

Stop the arguing please or I'll have to close the thread.

dannyisnotamazing
01-10-2007, 07:35 AM
http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=313 is a RVR and hasn't been on since June, there not a manager or assistant, so yeah? ..

Catzsy
01-10-2007, 07:56 AM
http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=313 is a RVR and hasn't been on since June, there not a manager or assistant, so yeah? ..

Just looks like the Managers haven't kept track of their staff and checked for inactivity which personally the whole thing boils down to in my opinion but nobody will just say this is what has happened.

le harry
01-10-2007, 01:16 PM
galaxay, your starting to **** me off.
let the people who will have an influence to what happens with Shabbs reply instead of you sticking your nose up managements *** and trying to take control of the situation

Bomb-Head
01-10-2007, 02:51 PM
galaxay, your starting to **** me off.
let the people who will have an influence to what happens with Shabbs reply instead of you sticking your nose up managements *** and trying to take control of the situation
Couldn't agree more. :)

Galaxay1
01-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Add me to ignore list then, simple enough. ;)

nvrspk4
02-10-2007, 04:33 AM

Doraemonkiller was an ex AGM (at that time ASM) and RVM, he keeps his permissions to pop in and visit, not to actually work the job. Others such as Properclone, Smiddy, 8F8 also keep a staff UG just so they can see the staff forums when they visit. Dora is not a working RVR, he just retains access for when he wants to pop by as thanks for all the work he did :)

le harry
02-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Doraemonkiller was an ex AGM (at that time ASM) and RVM, he keeps his permissions to pop in and visit, not to actually work the job. Others such as Properclone, Smiddy, 8F8 also keep a staff UG just so they can see the staff forums when they visit. Dora is not a working RVR, he just retains access for when he wants to pop by as thanks for all the work he did :)

Shouldn't they just go under a new usergroup or something? If that's possible.

Nixt
02-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Shouldn't they just go under a new usergroup or something? If that's possible.#

It is possible.

SOMEONE (ADZEH / MAD) ANSWER MY QUESTION PLS. ty.

today
02-10-2007, 06:15 PM
whos dora!?!

Galaxay1
02-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Doraemonkiller or whatever, was assistant site manager and RVM (as far as im aware)

dannyisnotamazing
02-10-2007, 06:37 PM

Didn't realize they was ex agm- I guess it's understandable then with that person :)

joshuar
02-10-2007, 06:40 PM
He did use to have (Ex. Assistant Site Manager (Rare Values) as his usertitle.

I don't know if there is a proper usergroup, but maybe one should be made?

nvrspk4
03-10-2007, 03:37 AM
We do have a special usergroup, we put them in the "Habbox Staff" usergroup. However, as I said, we wanted Dora to have special access to the RV forums, due to the large part he played in shaping that department, whereas people such as Properclone didn't really need access to the RV forum, hence why it was much simpler to just give Dora the RVR Group as well.

Danny (: > No worries, you had no way of knowing.

GommeInc
03-10-2007, 12:52 PM
There's a special usergroup for the "permanant staff". I believe this is something different, but I couldn't give you details since I'm not involved with this particular case.
So why can't you tinker with that user group and amke them see the staff chat forums? They don't need full permissions, there is no reason for it. All they need is an "Ex-Staff Member" title, not a full title they don't use. It's like allowing a person who was Assistant Manager at Pizza Hut to keep that title when they quit a year ago "/ Doesn't show good management, does it?

I believe the same is with 8Freak8, I believe he quit months ago, yet he still has that title "/ Give him the member title "Ex-Assistant Manager" rather than the official, proper title because it will cause confusion. Yes he did do alot of work for Habbox, buthe isn't an assistant manager anymore, so why keep him with a title he doesn't use anymore?!

I haven't seen a proper reason as to why these members need to keep their titles? Make a new user group, give them a title, give them permissions to a forum they need. Not permissions to a forum they really do not need to see when their knowledge of trading has changed since they were a manager.

Adzeh
03-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Ok people I can't be bothered to read through every post as the majority of them are flaming somebody and I genuinely don't have the energy to see why people are being flamed.

Yes inactivity is frowned upon at Habbox, however if a staff member provides a legitimate reason for being inactive, then we are perfectly happy to accept that reason. In fairness, for all you guys know, there could be a perfectly valid reason why particular, inactive staff members, are still with us. For instance, 8Freak8 is no longer active, however he is still kept on the team for a specific reason.

Its perfectly fine to bring something like this up, but for those of you who have just come out with "hah, Habbox r idiots coz they fire inactive staff but keep inactive managerz" then I have no time for you :).

Whether there is a legitimate reason for Shabb's inactivity is between himself and senior management, and I should hope that I have stopped any doubt of his worth and efforts for Habbox.

GommeInc
03-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Ok people I can't be bothered to read through every post as the majority of them are flaming somebody and I genuinely don't have the energy to see why people are being flamed.

Yes inactivity is frowned upon at Habbox, however if a staff member provides a legitimate reason for being inactive, then we are perfectly happy to accept that reason. In fairness, for all you guys know, there could be a perfectly valid reason why particular, inactive staff members, are still with us. For instance, 8Freak8 is no longer active, however he is still kept on the team for a specific reason.

Its perfectly fine to bring something like this up, but for those of you who have just come out with "hah, Habbox r idiots coz they fire inactive staff but keep inactive managerz" then I have no time for you :).

Whether there is a legitimate reason for Shabb's inactivity is between himself and senior management, and I should hope that I have stopped any doubt of his worth and efforts for Habbox.
A reason which is no valid because he is no longer works for Habbox "/

Thus, I think he needs to be scrapped of his position, and given a special user group which allows him to view the staff forums and a member title stating he is not an assistant general manager. He isn't doing the job, so why make it out as if he is "/

Where is the logic? There is no reason to keep someone on a team when they're not on it "/

Nixt
03-10-2007, 03:16 PM

I worked with Shabbs and you for a long time, and I respect him a lot and I am not flaming him. I just wanted to know whether there was a valid reason for his long-time absence and whether you do have other means of contacting him should you need him. If that is the case, then it's fair enough but so far the answers that have been given have been empty or avoiding the main point...

Adzeh
03-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Yes I can contact him if I need him as he is on MSN quite frequently, it has been suggested before about how Shabbs could possibly be described as a back up for myself and Robald should we need him, and that is exactly what happens.

If we ask Shabbs to do a specific job for us, then he does it no problem.

And for the record GommeInc, Shabbs is not an Assistant General Manager :D, he is a assistant department manager.

I apologise for any pointless answers I may have given.

Any other questions?

GommeInc
03-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Yes I can contact him if I need him as he is on MSN quite frequently, it has been suggested before about how Shabbs could possibly be described as a back up for myself and Robald should we need him, and that is exactly what happens.

And for the record GommeInc, Shabbs is not an Assistant General Manager :D, he is a assistant department manager.

Any other questions?
I was talking about 8Freak8 :rolleyes:

Shabbs hasn't official left, so I don't really see a point of caring about him.

Nixt
03-10-2007, 03:24 PM

I apologise for any pointless answers I may have given.

Any other questions?

None now, you've answered the question that I wanted answered. Thread closed. Thanks :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!