PDA

View Full Version : Chinese man dies after three-day MMOG binge

TitaniumRubber
26-09-2007, 05:50 PM
CNN is citing a report in the Beijing News today that a 30-year-old man in Guangzhou, China, died on Saturday following a three-day gaming marathon. Though no single game was fingered as an accessory after the fact, the man reportedly fainted in the midst of his virtual binge at the Internet cafe and was pronounced dead after paramedics were unable to revive him. Aside from the victim's age, no other vital statistics were revealed, though the report did note that around 100 other cafe patrons vacated the premises "in fear after witnessing the man's death."

Gaming cafes have claimed the lives of several other individuals in the past. In 2005, a 28-year-old South Korean man died after a 50-hour gaming session. In 2002, a 24-year-old South Korean man died after 86 uninterrupted hours of gameplay. That same month, a 27-year-old Taiwanese man lasted 32 hours before succumbing to death by exhaustion.

whoooosh
26-09-2007, 05:54 PM
OH my days !!
thats so weird

TitaniumRubber
26-09-2007, 06:03 PM
OH my days !!
thats so weird

The east really love their gaming!

-:Undertaker:-
26-09-2007, 06:07 PM
How the hell could you sit on a game nearly falling asleep, very sad.

Ezzie.
26-09-2007, 06:19 PM
How the hell could you sit on a game nearly falling asleep, very sad.

you've clearly never played WoW= can suck you in and the hours just fly past, when i used to play it (was really ill at the time so nothing better to do :P) I sat down, logged on, played my character, looked at the clock it was 1pm, looked again and it was 9pm o.o

basically= games are so real nowadays and make the player feel that they have made a great accomplishment that there're sadly many people that do what the guy the OP was talking about do, obviously have a few breaks but still can have like 10 hours in a row binges :(

iluv2spam
26-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Again? Or is this the old one?

And ezzie is true.

TitaniumRubber
26-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Again? Or is this the old one?

And ezzie is true.
17th of September.

iluv2spam
26-09-2007, 06:59 PM
hell. LEARN TO GLIDE

shok
28-09-2007, 06:27 PM
hell. LEARN TO GLIDEyou fail

winner
03-10-2007, 06:13 AM
CNN is citing a report in the Beijing News today that a 30-year-old man in Guangzhou, China, died on Saturday following a three-day gaming marathon. Though no single game was fingered as an accessory after the fact, the man reportedly fainted in the midst of his virtual binge at the Internet cafe and was pronounced dead after paramedics were unable to revive him. Aside from the victim's age, no other vital statistics were revealed, though the report did note that around 100 other cafe patrons vacated the premises "in fear after witnessing the man's death."

Gaming cafes have claimed the lives of several other individuals in the past. In 2005, a 28-year-old South Korean man died after a 50-hour gaming session. In 2002, a 24-year-old South Korean man died after 86 uninterrupted hours of gameplay. That same month, a 27-year-old Taiwanese man lasted 32 hours before succumbing to death by exhaustion.

how the **** can the people at the net cafe let him stay that long ***.

Nemo
03-10-2007, 06:40 AM
you've clearly never played WoW= can suck you in and the hours just fly past, when i used to play it (was really ill at the time so nothing better to do :P) I sat down, logged on, played my character, looked at the clock it was 1pm, looked again and it was 9pm o.o

basically= games are so real nowadays and make the player feel that they have made a great accomplishment that there're sadly many people that do what the guy the OP was talking about do, obviously have a few breaks but still can have like 10 hours in a row binges :(Agreed.

He must of spent some money at the cafe lol

Spectate
03-10-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm surprised somebody THAT addicted to gaming didn't have a computer of his own, unless it was broken or something. :P I understand that some games can be really addictive but not addictive enough to play non-stop for three days...

Robyn78
03-10-2007, 03:04 PM
oh my gosh thats terrible

Virgin Mary
04-10-2007, 04:46 PM
*** that's like staying on habbo for days then dying because a MOD- bans you

dannyisnotamazing
04-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Isn't this one of them Chinese things were they have slaves working for them in gaming? I don't think he was actually in a net cafe on corner of road.. :S

GommeInc
04-10-2007, 04:58 PM
I agree to some extent with Ezzie., but as he said, he has looked at his clock at seen 1pm, then again at 9pm. Surely this man must of seen the time somewhere or witness time changing?

-Xiangu-
09-10-2007, 11:35 AM

basically= games are so real nowadays and make the player feel that they have made a great accomplishment that there're sadly many people that do what the guy the OP was talking about do, obviously have a few breaks but still can have like 10 hours in a row binges :(

agreed as i can play conquer online for about 17-20 hours with a few breaks if its like a summer holiday

womanizer
09-10-2007, 12:37 PM
ive tried WOW.. Not my cup of tea, those quest games bore me

Ezzie.
09-10-2007, 12:44 PM
One of the main reasons why i quit WoW=

A) It's pretty boring anyhow at level 70

but most importantly

B) It's very addictive (and I don't have an addictive personality), and although Blizzard'll probably deny it, they're playing on the persons mind ie: having to do a 5 hour long raid to get an 2% chance of an item drop etc, it's very clever how it lures you in

And also, about him not playing at home, I think it was like a contest or a "record" attempt, thus him doing it in public kinda thing

siz
10-10-2007, 02:41 AM
One of the main reasons why i quit WoW=

A) It's pretty boring anyhow at level 70

but most importantly

B) It's very addictive (and I don't have an addictive personality), and although Blizzard'll probably deny it, they're playing on the persons mind ie: having to do a 5 hour long raid to get an 2% chance of an item drop etc, it's very clever how it lures you in

And also, about him not playing at home, I think it was like a contest or a "record" attempt, thus him doing it in public kinda thing

I researched, it was a contest.

Notex
10-10-2007, 05:21 AM
Pfft what did he expect to happen.. besides the fact of warning others i dont see why the public care.. if hes got that much time to bum around playing video games wat use is he to society, propabably unemployed and living off tax payers money.

Hxf Santa
10-10-2007, 05:43 AM

all true, there.

-Xiangu-
10-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Pfft what did he expect to happen.. besides the fact of warning others i dont see why the public care.. if hes got that much time to bum around playing video games wat use is he to society, propabably unemployed and living off tax payers money.

actually thats quite an interesting point

TitaniumRubber
12-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Do you think he was playing WoW? i cant find any info of what he was playing, maybe he was playing guild wars or something.

mat64
12-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Do you think he was playing WoW? i cant find any info of what he was playing, maybe he was playing guild wars or something.

Probley was WoW, It's the only MMO I've ever heard that's killed people, But there are so many I guess it could have been any of them.

iamgod800
12-10-2007, 03:24 PM
*Text Removed*

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post inappropriately.

Ramones
12-10-2007, 03:52 PM
i don't know about wow or whatever game he was playing but when i played runescape loads of these chinese people got payed real money for getting the online money on the game, i doubt he played 3 day's because he was addicted but probably desperate for cash

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!