PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 used as airforce recruitment tool

alex 1889
26-09-2007, 08:00 PM
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25945103&sid=6179896&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;2

All credit goes to gamespot for the article, its worth a read.

I think its a little disgreaceful for the army to allow people to think that halo is an accurate reflection of what happens in war. Its fine for them to want people to sign up but that recruitment tactic is a disgrace.

So what do you think?

Kalcros
26-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Dude its people like you who complain and stuff this world up
*REMOVED*

Edited by Neil (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude towards other members

alex 1889
27-09-2007, 06:38 AM
Dude its people like you who complain and stuff this world up
*REMOVED*

Edited by Neil (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude towards other members
Wht, because i think that the army shouldnt let people think halo is just the same as war today? Are you kidding me?

GommeInc
27-09-2007, 06:11 PM
I can't see the part that says "Join the army, it's like playing Halo." It just looks like the Army allowing under 17's play Halo in the back of an army vehicle and 2 of the people that played signed up. It doesn't actually say "Because war is like Halo." "/

alex 1889
27-09-2007, 08:25 PM
I can't see the part that says "Join the army, it's like playing Halo." It just looks like the Army allowing under 17's play Halo in the back of an army vehicle and 2 of the people that played signed up. It doesn't actually say "Because war is like Halo." "/
We know thats implied, if you just think for a second it makes sense. Otherwise why wouldnt the army be at nintendogs launch :l

Because they think that people will want the fun and adreneline they get from halo. So they let them join the army. Its like me standing at a counterstrike event and asking people to join a terrorist organization. Im misleading people into thinking that terrorists in a videogame are a realistic outake on real-life

Neil
28-09-2007, 10:40 AM
We know thats implied, if you just think for a second it makes sense. Otherwise why wouldnt the army be at nintendogs launch :l

Because they think that people will want the fun and adreneline they get from halo. So they let them join the army. Its like me standing at a counterstrike event and asking people to join a terrorist organization. Im misleading people into thinking that terrorists in a videogame are a realistic outake on real-life

Maybe the army don't like Nintendogs? Maybe the ones that were their wanted to get the game or something and had the jeep set up for people to play?
Just because they let some kids play the game it doesn't mean they're using it to recruit people
And they NEVER said "Join the Army because Halo is just like it"
You can actually judge a persons skill by a game, if it's realistic enough e.g. Call of duty 4, with a sniper you can sort of see how a person deals with the breathing and moving targets
But still, they never said anything, letting a bunch of kids play a game in a jeep isn't implying anything at all, they wanted to play and the army guys let them

PaulMacC
28-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Whats next, Super Smash Bros used at Wrestling Recruitment Tools

alex 1889
28-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Maybe the army don't like Nintendogs? Maybe the ones that were their wanted to get the game or something and had the jeep set up for people to play?
Just because they let some kids play the game it doesn't mean they're using it to recruit people
And they NEVER said "Join the Army because Halo is just like it"
You can actually judge a persons skill by a game, if it's realistic enough e.g. Call of duty 4, with a sniper you can sort of see how a person deals with the breathing and moving targets
But still, they never said anything, letting a bunch of kids play a game in a jeep isn't implying anything at all, they wanted to play and the army guys let them
ok look, why else would the army be there? Its clear if your intelligent enough to read between the lines that the army hoped some people would sign up in the spur of the moment and everything. And were all told videogames are differnt from real life. So i can pull of a tripple kickflip in Skate [a realistic game] but i cant in real life. Do you understand now? Also its the goverment who says we shouldn't be allowing kids to play these games and yet the army allows them to. Eitherway the army did something wrong and you should stop Argueing for the sake of it.

Neil
28-09-2007, 04:09 PM
ok look, why else would the army be there? Its clear if your intelligent enough to read between the lines that the army hoped some people would sign up in the spur of the moment and everything. And were all told videogames are differnt from real life. So i can pull of a tripple kickflip in Skate [a realistic game] but i cant in real life. Do you understand now? Also its the goverment who says we shouldn't be allowing kids to play these games and yet the army allows them to. Eitherway the army did something wrong and you should stop Argueing for the sake of it.

Ok for one, the air force were going to hold a Halo 2 tournament there, but they canceled it because to many of the entrants were under 18, which was probably stated by the staff of GameStop so they decided to cancel it, the air force then moved to the car pack and did a party there were people could play
That is why they were their, and yes ok you're right maybe they were using it to TRY and get people to join the army, they were not saying "Halo 2 is just like the army" they were trying to get more people that would be interested in that sort of thing, why else would you join the army? Because you are interested in that stuff, they obviously would of turned down anyone under 18 or whatever age it is in America
They're not lying about anything or being immoral, they're just letting kids play Halo in hopes that some will say "I want to join the army"

Galaxay1
28-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Lmao that site saying their using them to advertise/recruit, when on the 'Advertisement' bit of Gamespot it has Royal Air Force advertisement lols (sorry just a bit ironic) :P

alex 1889
28-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Lmao that site saying their using them to advertise/recruit, when on the 'Advertisement' bit of Gamespot it has Royal Air Force advertisement lols (sorry just a bit ironic) :P
yeah gamespot tend to be ironic alot.

GommeInc
28-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Isn't it bad to assume something with no evidence? They really have not said they're recruiting through the game "/ Also, maybe they were doing something social? Fire Services hold open days and party days, that doesn't mean they're recruiting, they're simply holding a special day outside or inside their office "/ The Air Ambulance go to events and it doesn't mean they're only looking for recruitment.

alex 1889
28-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Isn't it bad to assume something with no evidence? They really have not said they're recruiting through the game "/ Also, maybe they were doing something social? Fire Services hold open days and party days, that doesn't mean they're recruiting, they're simply holding a special day outside or inside their office "/ The Air Ambulance go to events and it doesn't mean they're only looking for recruitment.
well they do state they got 2 new recruits or something there.

Neil
28-09-2007, 08:28 PM
well they do state they got 2 new recruits or something there.

It's out of choice, MAYBE those 2 people have always wanted to join the army but were not sure how to?

GommeInc
28-09-2007, 11:12 PM
It's out of choice, MAYBE those 2 people have always wanted to join the army but were not sure how to?
Or they liked how they were treated and the atmosphere on top of wanting to join anyway. You never know.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!