PDA

View Full Version : Singaporian Laws :l

&
28-09-2007, 09:21 PM
1) It is against the law and a public caning offense to not flush the toilet after using it. Special police randomly check on public restrooms.

2) It is illegal to perform oral sex unless it is part of foreplay leading to full sex.

3) Anyone not flushing a public toilet may Receive a large fine.

4) A person convicted of littering three times, will have to clean the streets on Sundays wearing a sign saying "I am a litter lout."

5) Relieving yourself in an elevator is particularly forbidden

6) No hugging without permission, you can be charged for outraging modesty. Jail or fine.

7) No mooning pranks ie not drop down your pants. Its call insulting modesty. Fine. Nick Leeson was charged for that.

8) No grass. Its call drug consumption. Long jail.

9) No writing removable marking ink on someone else car. Its called vandalism. Cane. Ask Micheal Faye.

10) No sports or bar brawl. Its called Affray. One week jail.

11) No pocketknife in public places. Cane for locals. Deportation for foreigners. One Japanese fought his way out in court.

12) No expletives especially at women. Its called insulting her modesty. One architect got fine or jail. I can't remember which punishment he got.

13) No mention of the word 'bomb'. Whether in humor or anything. The bomb squad, goon squads will be all over you. One mother got it at the airport. Got interrogated for hours. Missed her flight of course.

14) No poking adverse comments at religion. You can be cited for sedition. Very serious matter. Ask one blogger. Or the Danish film producer.

15) No guns of any kind. Even electronic starter 'gun'. All guns are illegal in Singapore. Call them anything else or surrender it to the arms and explosive department.

16) No firecrackers. I think it is jail/cane/fine.

17) Only local ciggies allowed. 2 charges. One for illegal smuggling. Sentence further upsized for evading sales tax.

18) No pranks such as pulling another pants down. 2 charges. One for molest, the other for usining criminal force.

19) No utterance, 'I kill you' or waving a chopper even if you happen to be in the kitchen chopping veggies. Its called criminal intimidation. Lady jailed after losing appeal.

20) Don't introduce any stranger as your good friend and speak well of him. Its called abetment if he happens to be crook. Jail.

21) No fancy gifts like Playboy magazines. its called possession of ****ographic materials. Fine on per item basis. The boys can go Geylang or the 4 floors of *****s by themselves.

22) Do not call yourself a 'Hollywood movie' producer when everyone with half a brain knows you aren't. Its called impersonation. An extra Charge to upsize your original offense..

23) Do not login on to someone unsecured wireless broadband. Its called hacking. Fine/Jail.

24) Homosexual sex is illegal

25) No illegal gatherings after 10pm. It will be considered as an illegal gathering if it consist of more than 2 people. Police officers will question you and your gang.

omgosh at no gay sex.

Virgin Mary
28-09-2007, 09:27 PM
It works though.

-:Undertaker:-
28-09-2007, 09:28 PM
At least their society isn't at breaking point.

Nemo
28-09-2007, 09:31 PM
lol@number 4, most of the laws are pretty funny, some of em just dont make sense tho.

Ezzie.
28-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Yeah, their strict rule wise, but they have one of the safest places in the world soo ...

no oral sex unless full on?

pft.

Stitch
28-09-2007, 09:34 PM
I heard you can't chew chewing gum in public.

dannyisnotamazing
28-09-2007, 09:35 PM
6) No hugging without permission, you can be charged for outraging modesty. Jail or fine.

LOLOLOL

dirrty
28-09-2007, 09:39 PM
it may seem kinda weird to us but to them, its what they know and they were brought up with it. so its normal to them.

so does that mean for the last one, you cant have a party or a wedding or anything like that after 10pm? and what if a few people were walking from house to house, thats illegal then considering its more than 2 people? lol

Technologic
28-09-2007, 09:42 PM
**** at number 24.

I am never going to singapore

Shawnstra
28-09-2007, 10:49 PM
I live in Singapore :(

Soil
28-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks to the litter law, its spotless. I went there a few years ago, its a great country.

Eamonn
28-09-2007, 10:59 PM
lmao look what i found on wikipedia

In November 2006, a 17-year-old man, Garyl Tan Jia Luo, was arrested for tapping into his neighbour's wireless Internet connection.[86] He faced up to three years' imprisonment and a fine under the Computer Misuse Act.[87] On 19 December, Tan pleaded guilty to the charge,[88] and on 16 January 2007 he became the first person in Singapore to be convicted of the offence. He was sentenced by the Community Court to 18 months' probation, half of which was to be served at a boys' home. For the remaining nine months, he had to stay indoors from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. He was also sentenced to 80 hours of community service and banned from using the Internet for 18 months; his parents risked forfeiting a S$5,000 bond if he failed to abide by the ban. Tan was also given the option of enlisting early for National Service. If he did so, he would not have to serve whatever remained of his sentence

Technologic
28-09-2007, 11:09 PM
lmao look what i found on wikipedia

In November 2006, a 17-year-old man, Garyl Tan Jia Luo, was arrested for tapping into his neighbour's wireless Internet connection.[86] He faced up to three years' imprisonment and a fine under the Computer Misuse Act.[87] On 19 December, Tan pleaded guilty to the charge,[88] and on 16 January 2007 he became the first person in Singapore to be convicted of the offence. He was sentenced by the Community Court to 18 months' probation, half of which was to be served at a boys' home. For the remaining nine months, he had to stay indoors from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. He was also sentenced to 80 hours of community service and banned from using the Internet for 18 months; his parents risked forfeiting a S$5,000 bond if he failed to abide by the ban. Tan was also given the option of enlisting early for National Service. If he did so, he would not have to serve whatever remained of his sentence
Bloody hell "/. Bit over the top innit... i mean they're well strict

"YOU MOVED TO THE LEFT, 5 YEARS IN PRISON"

ChainLightning
29-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I live in Singapore :(
Feel sorry for you tbh. And ew at 24. Why dont they just make being gay illegal? And to the bomb one - I can understand if it was illegal in airports, but everywhere? Pfft. AND NO ORAL SEX? WHERE WOULD WE BE WITHOUT IT?

Roboevil
29-09-2007, 12:45 PM
It looks like a child wrote that, or it's in Engrish. Is education illegal in Singapore too?

womanizer
29-09-2007, 01:17 PM
glad I dont live there

Loqo
29-09-2007, 01:38 PM
I think the litter one is good. Keeps the streets clean.

Virgin Mary
29-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Buggery is illegal here as well, it's just less sexuality specific. It's a logical system, if you break the law you get punished, so don't break the law. It's stricter than the UK and that works.

Herman
29-09-2007, 03:34 PM
says the person who doesn't know that singapore is both a city and a country and doesn't know that it's 'singaporean' and not 'singaporian'.

we're a country with one of the strictest laws in the world, and because of this, our streets are one of the safest too. true, i think some of the laws are way over the top, but it does help. i do think some of the laws are unneccessary, but i can't really do anything.

dirrty's right, we were brought up to fear the law and the consequences of breaking it. thus, nobody is daring enough to voice out certain issues because we fear of breaking the law and being charged with the heavy punishments that come along with it.

take the example of the banning of homosexual acts. till today, no homosexual in singapore has voiced out yet because of the law. but i believe this will slowly change with time. nowadays, homosexuals are more accepted in colleges and universities.

anyway, i've never heard of some of these laws.

1) It is against the law and a public caning offense to not flush the toilet after using it. Special police randomly check on public restrooms.
i've never seen polices doing random checks on public restrooms. i sometimes forget to flush the toilet, but i don't get caning for it do i?

3) Anyone not flushing a public toilet may Receive a large fine.
same as above.

4) A person convicted of littering three times, will have to clean the streets on Sundays wearing a sign saying "I am a litter lout."
littering laws are strict, but it has proven effective. however, i've never heard of this punishment where they wear a sign, nor have i seen anyone wearing one. there is a punishment where you have to do public service and clean up parks and streets. but wear signs? no.

13) No mention of the word 'bomb'. Whether in humor or anything. The bomb squad, goon squads will be all over you. One mother got it at the airport. Got interrogated for hours. Missed her flight of course.
i didn't get caught for saying the word bomb infront of a policemen. if you're referring to the airport only, i'm fine with this law.

19) No utterance, 'I kill you' or waving a chopper even if you happen to be in the kitchen chopping veggies. Its called criminal intimidation. Lady jailed after losing appeal.
waving a chopper, yes, that's dangerous, but uttering the words 'i kill you'? never heard of it.

20) Don't introduce any stranger as your good friend and speak well of him. Its called abetment if he happens to be crook. Jail.
never heard of it.

22) Do not call yourself a 'Hollywood movie' producer when everyone with half a brain knows you aren't. Its called impersonation. An extra Charge to upsize your original offense..
never heard of it.

25) No illegal gatherings after 10pm. It will be considered as an illegal gathering if it consist of more than 2 people. Police officers will question you and your gang.
all i know is teenagers below the age of 16 are not allowed to be outside in public after the hours of 2300 unless accompanied by an adult. why would you need to be out after 11? you should be safe at home. they are only concerned for your safety. weddings are fine, but who has a wedding after 11?for the rest of them, i've heard of and i agree with most of them, but not all.

5) Relieving yourself in an elevator is particularly forbidden
nobody wants to find pee in their flat elevator.

i'm fine with this. i don't like people hugging me out of the blue.

7) No mooning pranks ie not drop down your pants. Its call insulting modesty. Fine. Nick Leeson was charged for that.
fine with me.

8) No grass. Its call drug consumption. Long jail.
illegal drug trafficking is strictly not allowed. fine with me.

9) No writing removable marking ink on someone else car. Its called vandalism. Cane. Ask Micheal Faye.
fine with me.

11) No pocketknife in public places. Cane for locals. Deportation for foreigners. One Japanese fought his way out in court.
you're not allowed any weapons while you're in public, regardless of whether you're using them for defence or attack. it's meant to keep our streets safe.

14) No poking adverse comments at religion. You can be cited for sedition. Very serious matter. Ask one blogger. Or the Danish film producer.
in singapore, we have a multi-cultural society. we had chinese, malays, indians, eurasians and many others living together with different religions like buddhism, islam, hinduism and christianity. racial and religious tensions can easily arise, and we do not want racial/religious riots to happen again like they did in the 1950s and 1960s. we now live in peace and harmony.

15) No guns of any kind. Even electronic starter 'gun'. All guns are illegal in Singapore. Call them anything else or surrender it to the arms and explosive department.
no weapons, as mentioned, for the safety of everyone.

16) No firecrackers. I think it is jail/cane/fine.
firecrackers are dangerous. fine with me.

18) No pranks such as pulling another pants down. 2 charges. One for molest, the other for usining criminal force.
this is fine.

21) No fancy gifts like Playboy magazines. its called possession of ****ographic materials. Fine on per item basis. The boys can go Geylang or the 4 floors of *****s by themselves.
****ography is not allowed, apparently.

now, i don't agree with this.
anyway, don't assume you know the country until you've been here. i enjoy having clean and safe streets, but of course, i don't agree with some of the laws.

msb.
29-09-2007, 03:50 PM
LOL they all made me laugh
+ rep for posting.

Corporal
29-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Im going to singapore, anything good i should buy?
Or cheap eletronics?

whoooosh
29-09-2007, 04:54 PM
is this for real ?

lScottl
29-09-2007, 07:37 PM
It sounds like a peaceful country, wouldnt mind going on Holiday there!

lAdmire
30-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Those are weird laws.

alexxxxx
30-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Most of those things are illegal in the UK. Including tapping into wireless internet connections.

CrazyColaist
01-10-2007, 06:59 PM

-kri kri- im not moving to sigapore then

Ashley 12344
01-10-2007, 07:06 PM
dirrty's right, we were brought up to fear the law and the consequences of breaking it. thus, nobody is daring enough to voice out certain issues because we fear of breaking the law and being charged with the heavy punishments that come along with it.

Also known as censorship?

But yeah, most of them are reasonable really.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!