GommeInc
20-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Sounds correct

pva-matt
21-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Stereotype, I hate people like you.

Vause
21-05-2005, 11:21 AM
im poshchav! and i am not any of them, so it obviosly wrong. im not actually a chav - its just a nick name so i dunno if it is true. :S

lauralol
21-05-2005, 11:22 AM
chav means
Council Huligun And Vermin

For one thing, you can't spell Hooligan.

How can you call other people vermin? And what's wrong with council estates if that's what you mean?

splintercell!
21-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Depends just cos you live on a council estate or w/e dont make you chav its like the clothes you wear (ard lacoste trakies) and all.

-Soph-
21-05-2005, 01:09 PM
I think thats wrong, just because someone behaves differently and has a different fashion taste...

Vause
21-05-2005, 01:38 PM
yes - i act like a chav sometimes, but i am not actually a chav!

-Soph-
21-05-2005, 01:41 PM
isnt that being harsh on people who live on concil estates and are generally nice people but they just dnt have enough money to move out? it doesnt mean the're chavs...

lauralol
21-05-2005, 01:44 PM
I lived on a council estate up to the age of 8.. does that make me a bad person? And alot of my family still do.. who are you to judge?

Krypsis
21-05-2005, 01:47 PM
omg some chavs are nice people, such as emma lol!

Bradd-Aaron
21-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Laura Im on your side !

Just because they live on a council estate!

iTS BETTER THAN THE CARDBOARD BOX YOU LIVE IN!

Eamonn
21-05-2005, 02:09 PM
For one thing, you can't spell Hooligan.

How can you call other people vermin? And what's wrong with council estates if that's what you mean?
Did i say anythink was wrong with that all i was saying was the correct meaning , i didnt say i thought they were like that

and acually i live in a *Cupboard fool !

iRoss
21-05-2005, 02:15 PM
WRONG! The actual meaning of chav is a baby . They used to call them chavvies in the west end. That's the actual meaning.

lauralol
21-05-2005, 02:17 PM
WRONG! The actual meaning of chav is a baby . They used to call them chavvies in the west end. That's the actual meaning.

o.O I never knew that, I wonder where the stereotyping of chavs now came from then.. :s

iRoss
21-05-2005, 02:18 PM
The word evevoled into what it is now.

Pulchritudinous
21-05-2005, 02:20 PM
No it isn't, it's does stand for that, he is being stereo-typical, that's where is came from.
There was a documentary about chavs once, and it didn't stand for babies. :s
Why is everyone defending chavs, don't you realise three quarters of them vanadalise and bully, I don't see why they are so special just because they are being stereo-typed, they shouldn't have such yobbish behaviour if they don't want to be stereo-typed nastily.
Sorry, but when members of my family are the victims of happy slapping, and I get bullied by them I can't see any reasons to defend them.

Mentor
21-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Living in council housing, dosnt make you a chav. Its the attitured, The thinking there all that.
Chav basicly refers to that kind of idiot. A chav doenst nesary even realy need to ware the chave get up to be one.

IF your nice, then your not realy a chav.

-Soph-
21-05-2005, 02:24 PM
I lived on a council estate up to the age of 8.. does that make me a bad person? And alot of my family still do.. who are you to judge?

good point! and laura definatly aint a chav or a bad person is she!?!?!

Pulchritudinous
21-05-2005, 02:27 PM
He was saying what it stood for, and now there is this massive uproar, I lived in a council house till about 2 years ago, but I don't wish to call myself a chav, and I know people don't class me a chav, if you know your not a bad person (a chav), don't be offended by what it stands for.

chilloutrich
21-05-2005, 02:29 PM
lol, i think its better to keep what we think a chav is rather than the real meaning ;)

iRoss
21-05-2005, 02:30 PM
It means like baby/small child. Alright?!

Mentor
21-05-2005, 02:32 PM
Acoording to google. (all knowing)

Chav means

Chav is a derogatory slang term currently in popular usage throughout England. It refers to a subculture negatively-stereotyped as being uneducated, uncultured and prone to antisocial or immoral behavior. The label is typically (although not exclusively) applied to teenagers and young adults of white working class or lower-middle class origin. A male chav is sometimes referred to as a chavster and a female as a chavette, although chav is typically used to refer to both sexes.

Pulchritudinous
21-05-2005, 02:40 PM
It means like baby/small child. Alright?!

Maybe so, but not many people refer to it as being a small child, read what mentor said.

Vause
21-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Mhm.. well im not a chav.. *cough* x]

Eamonn
21-05-2005, 02:50 PM
your only a chav if you live in a council estate and you a hooligun and vermin

Pink::Smartie
21-05-2005, 04:07 PM
I would just like to say that i personally think that no-one should be catogarised (soz if i spelt it wrong can't spell for a toffee) in to groups depending on what they wear and the way they act. However if people insist on doing this then i would just like to say that a chav is NOT the same as a townie.

lauralol
21-05-2005, 04:16 PM
your only a chav if you live in a council estate and you a hooligun and vermin

See! THAT is what I'm complaining about! What is wrong with people living on council estates?!?!?! And how could you call a person vermin?

Mentor
21-05-2005, 04:50 PM
See! THAT is what I'm complaining about! What is wrong with people living on council estates?!?!?! And how could you call a person vermin?
If you read it, he uses the word "and" not "or" or "then"

BAcily meaning you must forfill both critrea for him to consider them a chav, not just bscue they live inc ornsicll housing.

They all have to be hoolagns and vermin as well.

Chav aint a good thing, its a dergotive term, and has always been since its creation, even googles disconary agrees

lauralol
21-05-2005, 04:55 PM
So why do you have to live on a council estate to be a chav?

Mentor
21-05-2005, 04:59 PM
becuse its the sterotypical chav places to live.

As google says (again)

Chav is a derogatory slang term currently in popular usage throughout England. It refers to a subculture negatively-stereotyped as being uneducated, uncultured and prone to antisocial or immoral behavior. The label is typically (although not exclusively) applied to teenagers and young adults of white working class or lower-middle class origin. A male chav is sometimes referred to as a chavster and a female as a chavette, although chav is typically used to refer to both sexes.

Eamonn
21-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Arguement Over

Thread Closed

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!