PDA

View Full Version : simpleNEWS

Dentafrice,
01-10-2007, 01:05 AM
This is a new, "news system" that I am making.
I am making it all in classes and MySQL based.

Here are some features so far:

Template system
>> Templates will be able to be edited VIA the AdminCP. They will be stored in MySQL. They will be easily edited with variables such as:

{newstitle}, {category}, {author}, {date}, {avatar}, etc.

Phrase system
>> This is so it can be easily translated into multiple languages just by editing a few simple phrases on a page through the AdminCP, there will be language files released that you can plugin VIA the plugin system. Users will be able to select their language, or admins can select it for them.

Plugin system
>> This easy system allows administrators to add and remove plugins to the system that are hosted on the simpleNEWS server by entering the name of the plugin. It will grab the plugin info from the server and install the plugin, it will also provide the system with uninstall information.

That is all I have right now, I hope to bring some more info, some screenshots, and some code samples in the very near future.

Thanks,
Caleb

adamFTW
01-10-2007, 01:25 AM
This seems like it will be cool.

For the template system, try adding a WYSIWYG editor, or just a feature that you can change the height, width and background image of the headder middle and footer divs.

Dentafrice,
01-10-2007, 01:42 AM
fckEditor or TinyMCE will be incorperated into the system via the news and template editing system.

It will be able to be turned off also via the adminCP

Chippiewill
01-10-2007, 06:25 AM
Finally someone has STARTED working on a news system although I just managed to find a CN 1.3.6 which is better than 1.4.5

Dentafrice,
01-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Finally someone has STARTED working on a news system although I just managed to find a CN 1.3.6 which is better than 1.4.5
It should be in public BETA by the mid-october :)

redtom
01-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Good luck with this, cann't wait for a fee screenys.

*cough* *cough*

Yeah I know mine was crap lol.

Chippiewill
01-10-2007, 04:23 PM
hurrah PUBLIC beta by mid october "T minus 15 days and counting"

ps will there be a copyroght on the show news? if yes then i will forget about it

Oh and sorry redtom i forgot about yours, I would use it but it doesnt quite satisfy my needs.

ie it didnt handle images

Luckyrare
01-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Caleb ;-]

Uploadz - tehupload
uNews - simpleNews

We should work together on a news system but I dont have time atm.

[Oli]
01-10-2007, 04:33 PM
sounds good ;)

Good luck with it ;)

Assassinator
01-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Good lucky.:)

Dentafrice,
01-10-2007, 07:16 PM
hurrah PUBLIC beta by mid october "T minus 15 days and counting"

ps will there be a copyroght on the show news? if yes then i will forget about it

Oh and sorry redtom i forgot about yours, I would use it but it doesnt quite satisfy my needs.

ie it didnt handle images

Nop copyright will be shown on the news page.
It will also include an image uploader based in MySQL using the same technology that TehUpload does.

Caleb ;-]

Uploadz - tehupload
uNews - simpleNews

We should work together on a news system but I dont have time atm.

Rofl, I didn't know you was making a news system :o Never saw a thread. :(

Image system
>> System will be integrated into the WYSIWYG editor to provide MySQL based images.
This means the image file will not actually be storedon the server. The image contents will be stored in MySQL as a blob. Examples of this technology: TehUpload.

Recursion
01-10-2007, 09:14 PM
It has got copyright? Dammit, stuff that then ;]

Invent
01-10-2007, 09:21 PM
It has got copyright? Dammit, stuff that then ;]

That is bloody ungratefull.

He is making a script in his own time, releasing it FOR FREE. And you can't put a message saying you're using his panel?

Wow...selfish.

Dentafrice,
01-10-2007, 10:17 PM
No I meant, no copyright will be shown on it :P

Sorry, typo on a crappy keyboard.

Jamieb
02-10-2007, 03:41 PM
When I try to change the font it manks it up :s

Dentafrice,
02-10-2007, 07:27 PM
What are you talking about? :\

Chippiewill
02-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Nop copyright will be shown on the news page.

First glance just shouted typo at me especially when ya look at a keyboard

o is next to p on a qwerty keyboard

Dentafrice,
02-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Yep :P
As people may know I suck at designing, so if anyone wants to help the project with designing some interfaces (Login, Main screen) etc, that would be a great help.

Chippiewill
02-10-2007, 07:59 PM
base it on tehupload design just improve it a bit

RedCrisps
02-10-2007, 08:05 PM
mm
so long as you stick to just keeping the copyright on the login page and that i am fine, so long as it isn't on show news

yeh, will you be doing new updates like clubhabbo's because it would be really good if you were =]

Eccentric
02-10-2007, 08:06 PM
mm
so long as you stick to just keeping the copyright on the login page and that i am fine, so long as it isn't on show news

yeh, will you be doing new updates like clubhabbo's because it would be really good if you were =]
Rofl cutenews my son.

RedCrisps
02-10-2007, 08:08 PM
anno, i am just so used to cutenews =P

oh yeh i do know there one was cutenews btw lmao

Dentafrice,
02-10-2007, 08:10 PM
No copyright will be on there except on the login page, at the bottom it will probably say "Powered by simpleNEWS" but all the templates are editable..

Invent
02-10-2007, 08:14 PM
base it on tehupload design just improve it a bit

I don't really think Caleb would want my organisations name all over his news script :P

("Designed by liveWORKS").

Dentafrice,
02-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I don't really think Caleb would want my organisations name all over his news script :P

("Designed by liveWORKS").
Agreed :P
I want to try to keep the names/copyrights down except to the credits page which will include all the peoples names that have helped/contributed.

RedCrisps
02-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Can i BETA test wen its out pls =]

Eccentric
03-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Can i BETA test wen its out pls =]
soon as we are tehupload BETA testers and i founda security hole ;) :big_grin:

Recursion
03-10-2007, 03:48 PM
That is bloody ungratefull.

He is making a script in his own time, releasing it FOR FREE. And you can't put a message saying you're using his panel?

Wow...selfish.

God.. I thought he meant like cutenews has it on every bloody page it uses. Its fine if its like 1 link :l

Anyway, he said it would be free without copyright.

Assassinator
03-10-2007, 06:46 PM
http://i20.tinypic.com/dd2tfm.png

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!