PDA

View Full Version : this is a letter i wrote for english

pleasanthell
01-10-2007, 03:54 PM
K im in yr 9 and where currently talking about World War 1 this is a letter i wrote home in the eyes of a WW1 soldier. which got stuck on the wall lol - im not good with punctuation btw :P

Dear Mother,
I am writing to inform you i have the letter and the pencil you sent me recieved about 2 days after.

Well after a tragic incident with Eddie im happy to tell you he will survive and is recoving quickly. What incident? i hear you ask. He stupidly had a look through the peephole resulting in getting shot in the face and being carried away by a stretcher.

Im going to the front line in two days. I wont admit it to anyone else but to be honest im so scared. If i do happen to die in mid battle all i ask is that you remember me for the service i have done and not to mourn me.

The trench is still in its usual muddy state due to the very bad weather and the constant flattening of feet. It dosent do any good at all for my already infected feet. The walls are made up of already rotting bodies and ill tell you damn now i think that is very disrespectful and i hope i dont end up that way. The blood dripping down the walls every day isnt a pretty sight and finding the occasional dogtag of a now dead soldier isnt at all joyful either.

Not to worry at the moment as i am in well health and i hope you are too. Tell father to keep warm and to not do too much. I hope Eddie returns to you safely soon.

Your Loving son Billy x

sorry its long and not very good lol

Throne Sofa
31-10-2007, 01:17 PM
It's alright.
The description is very good of the trenches, you forgot the rats in the trenches though :P :P

&
31-10-2007, 05:36 PM
I dont think they sent letters like that
Wd though

WTHHHHHH Big bang outside "/ *Alarms going off and dogs barking*

Erm, "What incident I hear you ask?" lool.

iTechnical
23-11-2007, 11:44 AM
sounds like one of those letters you'd hear in a film.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!