PDA

View Full Version : Portfolio! [Prob my Best EVER]

Assassinator
01-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Hmm well i came up with this.

Im quiet please so i want to know what you think & how i can improve.

http://i21.tinypic.com/x5b1cp.png

headboard
01-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Nice, but try using brighter colors :)

+rep

Assassinator
01-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks but i went for a dark theme.I dont really like bright stuff when it comes to portfolio's.

[Oli]
01-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Hmm well i came up with this.

Im quiet please so i want to know what you think & how i can improve.

http://i21.tinypic.com/x5b1cp.png

*quite :p

Its ok, quite dark.

Try and add some colour to it, by simply using small icons and stuff in the blue colour used in your banner
make your banner a litle less wide, so it fits in between the main width, if you get me ?
Try using some more subtil shadows... dont make them too noticeble
Play arround with the different gray tints untill you get a nice contrast between your mid background and the background of your content box.
Maybe add some dummy text to it, just some content. That will always improve the look of your design as you make it look like how it should once coded.

Anyway, like I said before keep making designs...
If I look at your 'mood' when you posted this, the more layouts you make.. the more you improve, and the more you improve, the more you will be driven to make nice designs. Well that's how I am anyway.

Good luck with it ;)
Oli.

Assassinator
01-10-2007, 06:32 PM
;3960690']*quite :p

Its ok, quite dark.

Try and add some colour to it, by simply using small icons and stuff in the blue colour used in your banner
make your banner a litle less wide, so it fits in between the main width, if you get me ?
Try using some more subtil shadows... dont make them too noticeble
Play arround with the different gray tints untill you get a nice contrast between your mid background and the background of your content box.
Maybe add some dummy text to it, just some content. That will always improve the look of your design as you make it look like how it should once coded.
Anyway, like I said before keep making designs...
If I look at your 'mood' when you posted this, the more layouts you make.. the more you improve, and the more you improve, the more you will be driven to make nice designs. Well that's how I am anyway.

Good luck with it ;)
Oli.

Thanks, im going to take a break now on CSS then im going to try all that, make some icons for the top like email etc and i may edit some of the content box shapes with the marquee or something.

Eccentric
01-10-2007, 06:39 PM
its nice its what i would class as a 'clan' layout. i prefer your graphic one you made that was teh sex. this is ok has some potiential but for a portfolio i would have to say no im sorry :)

L!nK
01-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Its a tutorial, but you just changed colours, good try though

Assassinator
01-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Its a tutorial, but you just changed colours, good try though

No it is not? I made it from scratch on Photoshop. :eusa_wall

mousey
01-10-2007, 06:55 PM
I was doing a course we had to do an eportflio, i did mine in flash =p and photoshop

V.nice I love the dark theme

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!