PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy.

Describe
03-10-2007, 02:09 PM
I Just ordered it off ebay, and then read the system requirments - I dont think i can play it, so can anyone tell me if i can/can not?

Jedi Academy Requirments
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Operating System: Windows 98 or higher
Computer (http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PC/starwars_jediacademy/#): 100% DirectX 9.0a compatable computer required
CPU (http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PC/starwars_jediacademy/#): Pentium (http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PC/starwars_jediacademy/#) III or Athlon Class 450 MHz or fasater CPU required
Memory: 128MB RAM Required. 256MB recommended.
Graphics Card: 32 MB OpenGL compatable PCI or AGP Hardware (http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PC/starwars_jediacademy/#) Accelerator required.
Sound Card (http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PC/starwars_jediacademy/#): 16 bit DirectX 9.0a compatable sound card required.

Mine
~~~

Type: Personal Computer.
Rating: 1.0
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3200+ 1.80 GHz
Memory (RAM) 894MB
32-bit operating system.

Any help - +repped.

Edited by Wizzdom (Forum Moderator) - Thread was bumped and is therefore being closed.

Anarchy
03-10-2007, 07:16 PM
no, it fails. (Y)

Neil
03-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Not sure about your processor but it should work fine for you, depends on your graphics card but I think most PCs have 32Mb standard so you shouldn't have any problems with those specs

Describe
04-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks neil - but i tried the demo and it says the following.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Their is no 3D hardware installed on your system.

"Please see the troubleshooting guide for a list of supported 3D Video Cards."

So theirs nothing i can do - Accept go and buy a newer 3D Video Card?

Nemo
04-10-2007, 04:16 PM
ive just been playing the demo, its not that great lol.

Neil
04-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks neil - but i tried the demo and it says the following.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Their is no 3D hardware installed on your system.

"Please see the troubleshooting guide for a list of supported 3D Video Cards."

So theirs nothing i can do - Accept go and buy a newer 3D Video Card?

Try install Directx, that might help but I doubt it, find out what your gfx card specs are, I forgot what you type in run to find it out but I'll have a look

ive just been playing the demo, its not that great lol.

I've been playing it for quite a few days and I enjoy it

GommeInc
04-10-2007, 08:07 PM
It would be useful if you posted your graphics card specifications :)

It's a good game, but not as good as Jedi Outcast. Granted my brother has many cheats which make it better to play with cheats than the actual missions by spawning I think ANY unit and creating a war :D

Neil
04-10-2007, 08:12 PM
It would be useful if you posted your graphics card specifications :)

It's a good game, but not as good as Jedi Outcast. Granted my brother has many cheats which make it better to play with cheats than the actual missions by spawning I think ANY unit and creating a war :D

Yea the game is fun, the multiplayer is a bit dull but you don't need to play that, I prefer this to Jedi Outcase but I have that on the gamecube and I'm not to into the star wars games on that, I prefer PC ones

GommeInc
04-10-2007, 08:14 PM
My brother has the PC and Gamecube version of Jedi Outcast. I was talking about the PC version. Tis good fun with spawning, evil/good/neutral changing cheats :P Jedi Academy hasn't got alot of fun missions I've found.

Neil
04-10-2007, 08:17 PM
My brother has the PC and Gamecube version of Jedi Outcast. I was talking about the PC version. Tis good fun with spawning, evil/good/neutral changing cheats :P Jedi Academy hasn't got alot of fun missions I've found.

Yea Jedi Academy missions are not hugely interesting but I enjoy it :P
I'll probably have a look for Outcast because it might be better than the Gamecube one

GommeInc
04-10-2007, 08:21 PM
I can't remember the Gamecube version to be honest. In the PC version you can play multiplayer levels in single player mode, so if you spawn units you can make a battle inside levels. It's great fun :D

Stephen!
05-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Jedi Outcast > Jedi Academy

Neil
05-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Jedi Outcast > Jedi Academy

Jedi Outcast was rubbish, I just got to the point were you become a Jedi Knight :P

Stephen!
05-10-2007, 11:12 PM
That's near the end of the game, lawl.

Heliosin
13-11-2007, 04:24 PM
lol
1st. dxdaig is what you type in 'run' to find your specs.
2nd. outcast was brilliant regardless of format, but saying that PC games are also always better than console games(if you can actually run them)
3rd. I GAVE YOU THAT DAMN GAME NEIL DON'T MAKE ME TAKE IT BACK!!!:@
4th. 'There is no 3D hardware installed on your computer' does your computer have a built in graphics card? if not , or no card at all you'd be stuck in standard VGA 32-bit graphics so that won't be enough.:8
but if this doesn't help you can tell me your specs, and any errors shown and i could probally find your problem.:D
Edit ~ oh yeah and make sure if you do have a graphics card that it's an 'accelarator' card, otherwise it doesn't have 3D graphics with it.
hope this help ^^

Edited by Wizzdom (Forum Moderator) - Please do not bump old threads.

Neil
13-11-2007, 04:33 PM
lol
1st. dxdaig is what you type in 'run' to find your specs.
2nd. outcast was brilliant regardless of format, but saying that PC games are also always better than console games(if you can actually run them)
3rd. I GAVE YOU THAT DAMN GAME NEIL DON'T MAKE ME TAKE IT BACK!!!:@
4th. 'There is no 3D hardware installed on your computer' does your computer have a built in graphics card? if not , or no card at all you'd be stuck in standard VGA 32-bit graphics so that won't be enough.:8
but if this doesn't help you can tell me your specs, and any errors shown and i could probally find your problem.:D

Jon don't bump old threads lol xD

Edited by Wizzdom (Forum Moderator) - Please do not comment on others breaking the Forum rules. Simply use the report button.

Heliosin
14-11-2007, 12:11 PM
but its so fun! and besides i can't find any threads still 'active' that are worth posting in xD and i couldn't resist a chance to yell at you ^^
:eusa_danc

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!