PDA

View Full Version : 3 Laws which could get in the way of web design

Moh
04-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Well im doing a assignment of college (Its not rly classed as cheating asking for some laws)
and i need to explain 3 different situations in which a web designer could be in breach of the law.
I can only think of Copyright Designs and Patents Act :(

+Rep if you can post 2 more things which would get in the way :p

Would data protection be one?

the wombats
04-10-2007, 11:47 PM
http://www.benedict.com/Digital/Digital.aspx how sure how much it will help but feel free to knock yourself out!

Lycan
04-10-2007, 11:49 PM
If a webdesigner publishes peoples information online without their permission its a breach the Data Protection act

Moh
04-10-2007, 11:52 PM
If a webdesigner publishes peoples information online without their permission its a breach the Data Protection act
I thought the data protection act was to protect personal infomation?

Lycan
04-10-2007, 11:53 PM
I thought the data protection act was to protect personal infomation?

Fine... If someone took confidential information from there own database and published it online without the users permission

Better?

Moh
04-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Fine... If someone took confidential information from there own database and published it online without the users permission

Better?
Nope :p
Its about web design like actualy making the site :(

+rep for the effors <3

LegendOfNoob
04-10-2007, 11:55 PM
List:
Publishing Personal Information Without Permission - Lycan
Breaking a Eletronic Contract such as Privacy Policy or Entrance Agreement
Installing a Virus or other Dangerous Items invisable or visable download (Hacking / Breaking & Entering/Theft etc..

Lycan
04-10-2007, 11:56 PM
List:
Publishing Personal Information Without Permission - Lycan
Breaking a Eletronic Contract such as Privacy Policy or Entrance Agreement
Installing a Virus or other Dangerous Items invisable or visable download (Hacking / Breaking & Entering/Theft etc..

If the webdesigner was into Child**** it probebly woudn't end up well

Moh
04-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Ill just go advanced and start writing laws about if the site was on the new.
Also i think its Computer Miss Use ace?

Recursion
05-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Misuse act is for if someone uses your PC in some way without your permission.

RichardKnox
05-10-2007, 09:12 AM

Err no it's not. Misuse act can be anything that is malicious, such as using a computer to gain unauthorised access to databases.

craigg.
05-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Also if the website has an income, it will need to be tax registered. I'm not sure how much you have to earn before you start paying taxes. I've seen a book on computing law, there may be one in your local library.

Moh
05-10-2007, 02:59 PM
The course leader said I can use laws which will aso effect website owners :p
So im all covered =]

Tomm
05-10-2007, 03:07 PM
You don't get charged for the first x amount of income.

Quote from DirectGov:

"This tax year (2007-2008), the basic personal allowance - or tax-free amount - is £5,225. You may be entitled to a higher personal allowance if you are 65 or over."

Another quote from HM Revenue and Customs:

"Your age by 5 April 2007 allowance for the year allowance each week
Under 65 £5,035 £97
65 – 74 £7,280 £140
Over 75 £7,420 £142"

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/leaflets/ir121.pdf

Also if the website has an income, it will need to be tax registered. I'm not sure how much you have to earn before you start paying taxes. I've seen a book on computing law, there may be one in your local library.

ScottDiamond.
05-10-2007, 03:27 PM

YOU ARE WRONG.

The Computer Misuse Act can include anything malicious. For example, accessing documents without permission, breaching into computer systems, hacking websites, posting inappropriate programs aimed to infect a computer system. The list goes on as much as you fail.

Flisker
05-10-2007, 03:47 PM
YOU ARE WRONG.

The Computer Misuse Act can include anything malicious. For example, accessing documents without permission, breaching into computer systems, hacking websites, posting inappropriate programs aimed to infect a computer system. The list goes on as much as you fail.

Thats ready been explained and wow at the
"YOU ARE WRONG." Part lol!

ScottDiamond.
05-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Thats ready been explained and wow at the
"YOU ARE WRONG." Part lol!

I know, I'm just reminding failure that he is wrong... as he is.

Not all of it has been explained - so I thought I would expand on where my kind friend Richard left off from.

And lol.

craigg.
05-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Sorry, I just read "get in the way" so I sugest reading up on "Clean Room Design". It's claimed against copyright laws, but not patents.

I would recomend reading up on "Open publication" and also a group called ORG. It's to do with copyright and free material, if you're interested.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!