PDA

View Full Version : What happened to....

Wainbows
05-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Worcester Sauce flavoured crisps.
They were like the only crisps i liked and then one day
they VANISHED

whoooosh
05-10-2007, 04:45 PM
are you sure they dont have them anymore ??

Wainbows
05-10-2007, 04:49 PM
i havnt seen them in years!

whoooosh
05-10-2007, 04:50 PM
strange.
so many other nice crisps though !!

Wainbows
05-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Im not really a ''crisps'' person!
I like them and all but could easily live without them but worcester sauce were the only crisps i loved!

Cept for kettle chips i mean yum!

whoooosh
05-10-2007, 04:54 PM
i looooove crisps
best thing
quavers
french fries
wotsits
frazles
skips
the list is endless

msb.
05-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Worcester Sauce flavoured crisps.
They were like the only crisps i liked and then one day
they VANISHED
I was wondering that :(

Marky.
05-10-2007, 08:19 PM
they are still about i just baught a pack the other day

i prefer flamin hot monstr munch :)

Charlie
05-10-2007, 08:37 PM
They are either still around, or they were limited edition so they stopped them. I know they released some crisps for only a small time, could be have been them.

Geraint
05-10-2007, 09:49 PM
My sister buys them all the time

iMegz.
06-10-2007, 12:07 AM
I haven't seen them around in ages!

I'm sure you can still get them though

Ajax.
06-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Rarely you see a packet. I know they stopped for a little while as the ingredients were dodgey.

Minstrels
06-10-2007, 09:12 AM
There always selling them in the shop near me, if you want we can do a black market deal. I'll buy a packet for you if you pay me £50 for 'em! ;)

whiziz
14-10-2007, 05:36 PM
they was removed after that stupid poisoning thing but back lately but very rarely

and ive never seen em since they were banned

edit :
WALKERS Worcester sauce crisps yesterday became the latest product to be removed from supermarket shelves in the food scare, writes Richard Fletcher. Walkers Snack Foods quietly announced on its website that these crisps contain traces of Sudan 1, the illegal dye that can cause cancer. However, the crisps have yet to be added to the government’s official list of contaminated products.
The company, Britain’s biggest crisp firm, asked supermarkets and shopkeepers this weekend to withdraw packets. Production of the crisps has been put on hold by Walkers, which is owned by PepsiCo, the international food giant.
Supermarkets are expecting the food crisis to grow as more food manufacturers realise they have been affected by a tainted shipment of chilli powder.
For more information on the Sudan 1 scare see www.food.gov.uk
The Food Standards Agency has published a list on its website of more than 350 products containing the affected powder including ready meals, pizzas, soups and sauces. It is the biggest single food recall in British history.
The final tally is expected to lead to dozens, possibly hundreds, more lines being removed from shelves. Industry observers believe it could take smaller manufacturers and restaurants weeks to trace the tainted food.
The contaminated batch of dye was bought by Premier Foods, a food manufacturer, to make Worcester sauce. The sauce was sold on to at least five large-scale food manufacturers and used in hundreds of product lines and millions of individual products.
In some cases the Worcester sauce passed through four companies before it ended up in the final food product, so it will be very difficult to trace.
“Some companies are not that good at chasing what has actually gone into the product,” admitted one food industry executive.
Wm Morrison, one of Britain’s biggest supermarket chains and the owner of Safeway, admitted this weekend that it had no idea whether any contaminated products remained on its shelves.
“Products are being added to the list. The minute we find any more they will come off,” a spokesman said.
Schwartz, which makes spices and cooking sauces, withdrew seven products including a chicken fajita mix, an onion gravy and smoky barbecue wedges.
All big food retail chains have been affected. Heinz has withdrawn several ready meals including three from its Weight Watchers range and some Pot Noodles, a Unilever product, are affected. Shoppers have been advised to check food in their homes against the official list.

jesus
14-10-2007, 05:47 PM
i was gonna say what they sed ^

they were my fave flavour =[!

Hurts
16-10-2007, 01:21 PM
they sell them again now

Decapitated!
16-10-2007, 03:20 PM
I saw them the other day they said in the top something corner "Where back!"

Zoe!
16-10-2007, 05:39 PM
i like the wheat crunchies in that flavor

Falcon
16-10-2007, 05:41 PM
i loved them..
what happened to walkers baked bean crisps???
not seen them for yearrrrs...

Tyleax
21-10-2007, 02:11 AM
I haven't seen Spearmint gum anymore, i barely see it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!