PDA

View Full Version : [THE BIG WEEKLY QUESTION] Game Of The Year

Fez
05-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Hey guys, I'm seriously tired. After 5 hours of Warhawk and Motorstorm I think I'm ready to set my head down. It's been a hectic week, with the announcement of the 40 GB PS3, Bungie splitting from Micrsoft and SKATE vs Hawk.

So today, I mension something that's been going on for a long time... Game Of The Year.

Epic classics such as Gears Of War to the diversing story of BioShock. The 10 epic games of 2007, but which will be game of the year?

Will it be...

Kane And Lynch : Dead Men
BioShock
WarHawk
Army Of Two
Haze
Assassin's Creed
Half-Life 2 The Orange Box
Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Uncharted : Drake's Fortune
Other (Specify)My Opinion : Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare.

The game looks to dazzle people, the graphics look truly next gen and it's in-game engine is schedueled to be used in the next Bond game. The Multiplayer looks diverse and different, customisation looks to be an important role, and I know what I'll be doing November 1st!

Jazza
05-10-2007, 08:17 PM
BioShock, simple.

Davii
05-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Has to be assassins creed!

Azul
05-10-2007, 08:26 PM
I hope Bioshock wins it, because that game (for me anyway) was almost perfect. However I think predictably Halo 3 will win it, with the massive hype and millions of fans, it's just got to be hasn't it? Unfortuantly.

Fez
05-10-2007, 08:28 PM
I hope Bioshock wins it, because that game (for me anyway) was almost perfect. However I think predictably Halo 3 will win it, with the massive hype and millions of fans, it's just got to be hasn't it? Unfortuantly.

I didn't include Halo 3 in the poll, because it didn't satisfy in every single place.

Energizer
05-10-2007, 08:29 PM
assassins creed cuz it's the only game out of them that appeals to me in the slightest.

Azul
05-10-2007, 08:32 PM
I didn't include Halo 3 in the poll, because it didn't satisfy in every single place.

I voted other and specified. The poll has to be set up thinking about candidates surely? Not just your personal preference.

Fez
05-10-2007, 08:34 PM
I voted other and specified. The poll has to be set up thinking about candidates surely? Not just your personal preference.

Good point, but it just didn't satisfy in my terms and other's terms. I'm sure Multiplayer is brilliant, and so is Forge, the Campaign is epic but it didn't live up to the hype and stuff. Your kinda right loads of people are gonna vote it up, but I want everyone to vote the one they really think will stand out.

The games in the poll either look perfect or have an 'edge'

ColyTom
05-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Pokemon Diamond was a good game.
Alongside Wario Ware and Zelda was amazing!

Oni
05-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Why are none included Nintendo ones???

Fez
05-10-2007, 09:21 PM

I can't fit all of them on, most of them are released in December anyway (GoTY decision is in December).

I wish I'd have mensioned Metroid 3 or Super Mario Galaxy though

Neil
05-10-2007, 09:23 PM

Nintendo games don't seem to ever get GoTY anyway

It's obviously going to be Halo 3, dispite other games being better

PaulMacC
05-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Sorry Purpleness and Neil, I seemed to see why people doubt Nintendo so much, When they heard the Wii was coming out all the fanboys where like "Omg WII LOVE POO HAHAHAAHAH, " Then it totally dominated the console wars.
Metroid Prime 3 was between 3%-7% under the ratings of Halo 3 meaning it Metroid Prime 3 had been online, It probably would have been better than Halo 3, Thats my opinion, Super Smash Brothers Brawl will totally dominate, It's looking superb so far and you cant say yourself you arent already impressed by it.

Dajus
05-10-2007, 11:05 PM
Halo3 FTL
Warhawk FTW

MGS4... Droooollllll.

Neil
05-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Sorry Purpleness and Neil, I seemed to see why people doubt Nintendo so much, When they heard the Wii was coming out all the fanboys where like "Omg WII LOVE POO HAHAHAAHAH, " Then it totally dominated the console wars.
Metroid Prime 3 was between 3%-7% under the ratings of Halo 3 meaning it Metroid Prime 3 had been online, It probably would have been better than Halo 3, Thats my opinion, Super Smash Brothers Brawl will totally dominate, It's looking superb so far and you cant say yourself you arent already impressed by it.

What are you on about?

Nintendo games just don't seem to get GoTY, you act as if I hate the Wii :rolleyes:

Halo3 FTL
Warhawk FTW

MGS4... Droooollllll.

MGS stinks and how can you compare Halo 3 to Warhawk? :rolleyes:

Fez
06-10-2007, 12:44 PM
What are you on about?
MGS stinks and how can you compare Halo 3 to Warhawk? :rolleyes:

Metal Gear Solid looks stunning, I can't believe you don't believe in such a game =[. The graphics look next-gen, and the innovinity (spelling?) looks superb, lol you can use Men's Magazines to distract the enemy.

Plus WarHawk's multiplayer is proberly just as fun as Halo 3, hell you can either hop in a Truck Turret or take to the skies and dogfight, in WarHawk your always somebody's prey.

Neil
06-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Metal Gear Solid looks stunning, I can't believe you don't believe in such a game =[. The graphics look next-gen, and the innovinity (spelling?) looks superb, lol you can use Men's Magazines to distract the enemy.

Plus WarHawk's multiplayer is proberly just as fun as Halo 3, hell you can either hop in a Truck Turret or take to the skies and dogfight, in WarHawk your always somebody's prey.

MGS has always been boring, every game is the same in almost everyway, nothing impressive in my books, and Warhawks multiplayer might be as good as Halos but warhawk is just multiplayer isn't it? How long will the same thing over and over last, Shadowrun was boring after a few weeks/months
I donno though since I've not played Warhawk, and you as an individual can't compare it to Halo multiplayer since you've not used it

mangle
07-10-2007, 06:04 PM

It's obviously going to be Halo 3, dispite other games being better
Halo 3 will win unfairly imo.
I don't know what game will win it tbh :)

alex 1889
07-10-2007, 06:12 PM
COD4, very good graphics and online betas awesome

Wootzeh
07-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Halo 3, you didn't include it in poll just because you don't have live and didn't get to play the game at its best?

Andeeh
07-10-2007, 06:17 PM
I voted COD4.

Beta looks good.

UT3 looks a good contender for next year :)

alex 1889
07-10-2007, 06:17 PM
MGS has always been boring, every game is the same in almost everyway, nothing impressive in my books, and Warhawks multiplayer might be as good as Halos but warhawk is just multiplayer isn't it? How long will the same thing over and over last, Shadowrun was boring after a few weeks/months
I donno though since I've not played Warhawk, and you as an individual can't compare it to Halo multiplayer since you've not used it you as an individual cant say mgs is boring

Wootzeh
07-10-2007, 06:20 PM
you as an individual cant say mgs is boring
Yes he can. he just did.

Neversoft
07-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Half of them games arnt even out yet and game of the year, what? There is no single game of the year as far as I'm aware. There are many single game of the year awards, gamespot do one, ign do one, gamespy do one. What game of the year are you talking about?

Hmm, sure they don't... :rolleyes:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=2630
http://goty.gamespy.com/2006/overall/index15.html

mangle
07-10-2007, 06:31 PM
MGS is a great game to play , I just get bored of it :)

Stealth games in general annoy me , i always tell myself i actually enjoy them and then get stressed out when someone looks at you.

I reckon if the Wii had a larger calibre (sp?) game out , eg SSBB ( don't flame , can't remember title :) ) it would have a decent shot.

Fez
07-10-2007, 07:01 PM
What game of the year are you talking about?

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/RolePlaying/~r331716/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV-Oblivion-Game-of-the-Year-Edition-GAME-Exclusive/

Oblivion got it last year

Neil
07-10-2007, 07:04 PM
you as an individual cant say mgs is boring

Well I can, because I've played MGS before? :S

Half of them games arnt even out yet and game of the year, what? There is no single game of the year as far as I'm aware. There are many single game of the year awards, gamespot do one, ign do one, gamespy do one. What game of the year are you talking about?

Hmm, sure they don't... :rolleyes:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=2630
http://goty.gamespy.com/2006/overall/index15.html

That's only one game, since release the xbox has had 2 or 3 (I think) games that got GoTY
God knows how many Playstation has, Halo 3 will win, whether you think otherwise or not it doesn't matter, it's too big of a game, people will vote Halo 3 and the halo 3 votes will slaughter everything else, no arguments needed, I didn't enjoy Halo 3 that much and the multiplayer was rubbish, so I'm not being biased, I just know with the scale of the game and the amount of fans it has it will win

Technologic
07-10-2007, 08:05 PM
assassins creed cuz it's the only game out of them that appeals to me in the slightest.
if you like that then you'll like oblivion...

Neil
07-10-2007, 08:08 PM

Completely different games

mangle
07-10-2007, 08:08 PM
isnt oblivion about like spells and walking around like a mmmorpg or w.e?

Fez
07-10-2007, 08:12 PM
It's a brilliant RPG, well put together and made by the guys who do Fallout.

mangle
07-10-2007, 08:14 PM
pah , assassins creed is the one game i cant actually wait for. It looks too good to be true imo , i know people slate it but it does actually look amazing!

Fez
07-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I downloaded the trailer for it from PSN, and playing it in HD. It looks so godamn impressive.

God Knows Your Lonley Souls - can't get that song outta my head.

mangle
07-10-2007, 08:17 PM
LOL Someone on a forum i use asked if it was a song from the time the games set :rolleyes:

Fez
07-10-2007, 08:18 PM
LOL Someone on a forum i use asked if it was a song from the time the games set :rolleyes:
I don't want to reveal anything.

But they might be right

mangle
07-10-2007, 08:19 PM
I don't want to reveal anything.

But they might be right
I already know about the sub plot :)

And this was before it was all out in the public :]

Fez
07-10-2007, 08:22 PM
I already know about the sub plot :)

And this was before it was all out in the public :]

Do you mean this?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/114759.html?playlist=featured

mangle
07-10-2007, 08:25 PM
The memory from genes things yah

Fez
07-10-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm surprised no-one has voted Half-Life 2 The orange Box, because all of the games in that thing look like a GotY

Neil
07-10-2007, 08:36 PM
The plot thing stinks, I hope they keep all the assassins games during the crusades, it would stink if they change all the games in huge ways or something
The first will be the best one I think, unless they stick to the same sort of thing but new missions cities etc.

Neversoft
07-10-2007, 11:16 PM
That's only one game, since release the xbox has had 2 or 3 (I think) games that got GoTY
God knows how many Playstation has, Halo 3 will win, whether you think otherwise or not it doesn't matter, it's too big of a game, people will vote Halo 3 and the halo 3 votes will slaughter everything else, no arguments needed, I didn't enjoy Halo 3 that much and the multiplayer was rubbish, so I'm not being biased, I just know with the scale of the game and the amount of fans it has it will win

Rofllll. Thats only 2006 actually, not just 'one game'. (Even though there are many more awards I could find that year, but I seriously cba since it's 12:16am. Also, Twilight Princess was released december 2006, but still managed to win various game of the year awards with that game in 2006. Achievement much?) Nintendo had been around for over 10 years before the Playstation was first introduced. Wanna guess how many games they've had in various 'game of the year' awards since then? Much more than the Xbox and Playstation thats for sure. So far the Xbox and 360 have been awesome and the first Playstation was amazing, me and my brother also share a 360. So you can't call me a fanboy if you were going to. ;) Now you start going on about Halo 3? I didn't even mention Halo 3. You said Nintendo never win any game of the year awards, I'm pointing out that you are wrong.

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/RolePlaying/~r331716/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV-Oblivion-Game-of-the-Year-Edition-GAME-Exclusive/

Oblivion got it last year

Thats a link to the game, no game of the year nominations or anything and if GAME do the award then it pretty much sucks. Gamestation ftw.

Sly
08-10-2007, 06:26 AM
I havn't played any of them so i voted other.
The only games i've played this year has been pokemon pearl and spiderman 3 lol.

Neil
08-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Rofllll. Thats only 2006 actually, not just 'one game'. (Even though there are many more awards I could find that year, but I seriously cba since it's 12:16am. Also, Twilight Princess was released december 2006, but still managed to win various game of the year awards with that game in 2006. Achievement much?) Nintendo had been around for over 10 years before the Playstation was first introduced. Wanna guess how many games they've had in various 'game of the year' awards since then? Much more than the Xbox and Playstation thats for sure. So far the Xbox and 360 have been awesome and the first Playstation was amazing, me and my brother also share a 360. So you can't call me a fanboy if you were going to. ;) Now you start going on about Halo 3? I didn't even mention Halo 3. You said Nintendo never win any game of the year awards, I'm pointing out that you are wrong.

Thats a link to the game, no game of the year nominations or anything and if GAME do the award then it pretty much sucks. Gamestation ftw.

I'm just saying with Halo 3 out Nintendo games seriously have no chance, not many ground breaking games even came out last year, maybe Gears of War but imo that sucked
Oblivion won RPG GoTY, not overall, and I never said they never win, but now they hardly ever win because they need to compete with graphics and multiplayer, which the wii doesn't have as much of, and I wasn't going to call you a fanboy because I'm not sad like that, what really annoys me is that people like you seem to think I'm a fanboy just because I say stuff like the wii will prob not get any GoTYs, I say that because great gameplay comes with alot of games, not just wii games, Bioshock, Crackdown, COD2, they all have amazing gameplay and that's really where Nintendo games stand strong, with amazing graphics and apart from Bioshock the ability to play online the Wii hardly stands a chance, but who knows, I'm sure Halo will win

Fez
08-10-2007, 03:38 PM

GAME bought Gamestation last month, and I think the GoTY thing is decided at this years video gaming awards, you can see at computerandvideogames.com or something

mangle
08-10-2007, 03:45 PM
The plot thing stinks, I hope they keep all the assassins games during the crusades, it would stink if they change all the games in huge ways or something
The first will be the best one I think, unless they stick to the same sort of thing but new missions cities etc.
They best not change the setting , its good enough set in the time its set , wouldn't mind a mission chucked in set up in the futre were you can do all the Altair stuff in the future.

GAME bought Gamestation last month, and I think the GoTY thing is decided at this years video gaming awards, you can see at computerandvideogames.com or something
That sucks.
gamestation on its own ftw

Fez
08-10-2007, 03:50 PM
I know it sucks, but at least there still seperate brands, GAME won't make any changes to Gamestation. They just get all the money now

Neversoft
08-10-2007, 04:38 PM
and I never said they never win, but now they hardly ever win because they need to compete with graphics and multiplayer, which the wii doesn't have as much of

Sorry but did you say the Wii doesn't have much multiplayer? Nintendo is know for it's multiplayer games! Mario Party, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Warioware and many many more. Also, what is the Wii called? Wii, yes. We meaning everyone. The Wii is designed for everyone so saying it lacks multiplayer is the stupidest thing in the world. Oh and as for graphics, I didn't know a good game had to have amazing graphics. Plus hardly any of the main Wii games have even been released yet and SSBB graphics look pretty damn good anyway. You're being quite biased now.

and I wasn't going to call you a fanboy because I'm not sad like that, what really annoys me is that people like you seem to think I'm a fanboy just because I say stuff like the wii will prob not get any GoTYs

So you're basically calling me sad? Thanks, mod. Oh and by the way, I would never call you a fanboy, I know one when I see one and you are not one. You don't know me so how could you possibly say that I was going to call you a fanboy anyway? Just for the record, the Wii has already won GoTY and if there were any console of the year awards it would win the with no trouble at all and that can be proven by polls.

I say that because great gameplay comes with alot of games, not just wii games, Bioshock, Crackdown, COD2, they all have amazing gameplay and that's really where Nintendo games stand strong, with amazing graphics and apart from Bioshock the ability to play online the Wii hardly stands a chance, but who knows, I'm sure Halo will win

I didn't say anything about gameplay in Wii games anyway.
You said that Nintendo stands strong, but then go on to say that the Wii hardly stands a chance. Then you go on about Bioshock and online but then say Halo will win. I'm confused, please explain. Your post is confusing.

In the end, Nintendo stands as much chance if not more than the 360 and PS3. The Wii is by far the most popular console at the moment and with so many anticipated games due for release over christmas and in the new year, you can't say it doesn't stand a chance. That is being a fanboy.

GAME brought Gamestation!? Awh that sucks! Worst news I've heard in a while.

Fez
08-10-2007, 04:59 PM
I found the awards page guys, looks to be big, hosted by Justin Lee Colins!

vote here - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php?

Ultimate Game Of Year = GoTY

Neil
08-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Sorry but did you say the Wii doesn't have much multiplayer? Nintendo is know for it's multiplayer games! Mario Party, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Warioware and many many more. Also, what is the Wii called? Wii, yes. We meaning everyone. The Wii is designed for everyone so saying it lacks multiplayer is the stupidest thing in the world. Oh and as for graphics, I didn't know a good game had to have amazing graphics. Plus hardly any of the main Wii games have even been released yet and SSBB graphics look pretty damn good anyway. You're being quite biased now.

By multiplayer I mean online, and I never said a good game needs graphics but a GoTY is a game that stands above the rest, including graphics, gameplay and any multiplayer that the game involves

So you're basically calling me sad? Thanks, mod. Oh and by the way, I would never call you a fanboy, I know one when I see one and you are not one. You don't know me so how could you possibly say that I was going to call you a fanboy anyway? Just for the record, the Wii has already won GoTY and if there were any console of the year awards it would win the with no trouble at all and that can be proven by polls.

Contradicting yourself now, I was never gonna call you a fanboy but I still got "So you can't call me a fanboy if you were going to"
And just because Wii had one GoTY it doesn't prove anything, yes they do have a chance but do you seriously think any Wii game this year will be able to beat Halo 3 and it's 3 million+ fans and players?
I don't think so
And if you wasn't gonna call me a fanboy how does that make you sad? :rolleyes:

I didn't say anything about gameplay in Wii games anyway.
You said that Nintendo stands strong, but then go on to say that the Wii hardly stands a chance. Then you go on about Bioshock and online but then say Halo will win. I'm confused, please explain. Your post is confusing.

I was saying Bioshock because it's got great graphics and amazing gameplay, Halo 3 is nothing special imo but the 3mil+ fans wont be saying that
And yes the Wii does stand strong because it aims for fun, but when it comes to the best games then they're not exactly gonna take top everytime, the wii has amazing games and more still to come but they can't beat games that include gameplay aswell as the great graphics, which is what Zelda had in 06, if they want another GoTY then MS or Sony will have to have a really bad year at the same time and Nintendo gets another game like TP

In the end, Nintendo stands as much chance if not more than the 360 and PS3. The Wii is by far the most popular console at the moment and with so many anticipated games due for release over christmas and in the new year, you can't say it doesn't stand a chance. That is being a fanboy.

Do you think a game that comes out near the end of the year will be able to pick up 3mil+ fans before Jan 1st?

SSBB may get GoTY but it's gonna have a hell of a time doing so if it's gonna be released near the end of the year

Neversoft
08-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Do you think a game that comes out near the end of the year will be able to pick up 3mil+ fans before Jan 1st?

SSBB may get GoTY but it's gonna have a hell of a time doing so if it's gonna be released near the end of the year

I'm not even going to bother answering the rest of your post. Oh and as I already said, Zelda came out December 06 and got game of the year 2006 on various sites, so yes. A game that comes out near the end of the year will be able to pick up 3 million+ votes. :rolleyes:

Hang on... You said Nintendo doesn't stand a chance now you're saying SSBB may get game of the year? Contradicting yourself now. :rolleyes_ With Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart all being released around the world by 2008, Nintendo will dominate the so called 'game of the year' then. So just you wait.

Fez
08-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Btw guys, these votes start in May, so they miss a hell of a lot of good games...

I guess this a poll for Game Of The Year 2008

lol

Neversoft
08-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Btw guys, these votes start in May, so they miss a hell of a lot of good games...

I guess this a poll for Game Of The Year 2008

lol

If thats game of the year 2008 then they've made a big mistake? Loads of awesome games are released in 2008 and arnt even on there.

Neil
08-10-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm not even going to bother answering the rest of your post. Oh and as I already said, Zelda came out December 06 and got game of the year 2006 on various sites, so yes. A game that comes out near the end of the year will be able to pick up 3 million+ votes. :rolleyes:

Hang on... You said Nintendo doesn't stand a chance now you're saying SSBB may get game of the year? Contradicting yourself now. :rolleyes_ With Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart all being released around the world by 2008, Nintendo will dominate the so called 'game of the year' then. So just you wait.

SSBB is like the only real good game coming out, I still don't think any Nintendo game will get it but if any do it'll be that

And sorry but saying "With Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart all being released around the world by 2008, Nintendo will dominate the so called 'game of the year' then. So just you wait." just screams fanboy :rolleyes:
Not everyone loves Mario you know

Fez
08-10-2007, 05:34 PM
I guess these awards are of like

August 2006 - April 2007

So they'll still be many games and stuff

Neversoft
08-10-2007, 05:41 PM
SSBB is like the only real good game coming out, I still don't think any Nintendo game will get it but if any do it'll be that

And sorry but saying "With Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart all being released around the world by 2008, Nintendo will dominate the so called 'game of the year' then. So just you wait." just screams fanboy :rolleyes:
Not everyone loves Mario you know

Ooh, calling me a fanboy now eh? You just said calling people fanboys was sad.
Oh and not everyone loves Bioshock and Halo you know. :rolleyes: Just because Halo has a certain amount of fans, doesn't mean Mario doesn't. Mario is probably more popular than Halo actually. As for Bioshock, that doesn't even compare to the two.

And if you think SSBB is the only good Nintendo game coming out then you don't know the slightest thing about Nintendo. Galaxy will be massive. Do you know how anticipated that game is? Obviously not. Do you even know what games are coming out on Wii? Ah, what am I saying. Silly thing to ask you. :rolleyes_ I may be a little biased but damn, atleast I admit it and have the decency to actually say the Playstation and Xbox are pretty awesome.

Fez
08-10-2007, 05:50 PM
As for Bioshock, that doesn't even compare to the two.

May I ask if you have even played the game? (not been rude)

Neil
08-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Ooh, calling me a fanboy now eh? You just said calling people fanboys was sad.
Oh and not everyone loves Bioshock and Halo you know. :rolleyes: Just because Halo has a certain amount of fans, doesn't mean Mario doesn't. Mario is probably more popular than Halo actually. As for Bioshock, that doesn't even compare to the two.

And if you think SSBB is the only good Nintendo game coming out then you don't know the slightest thing about Nintendo. Galaxy will be massive. Do you know how anticipated that game is? Obviously not. Do you even know what games are coming out on Wii? Ah, what am I saying. Silly thing to ask you. :rolleyes_ I may be a little biased but damn, atleast I admit it and have the decency to actually say the Playstation and Xbox are pretty awesome.

I don't really look into Wii games because I don't have one, I'm not really gonna sit and read websites about the wii because what's the point if I haven't got one? Same with PS3, and what's all this about you having decency to say PS and xbox are awesome? When did I say the Wii and PS3 were not as good as the 360?

Neversoft
08-10-2007, 06:06 PM
May I ask if you have even played the game? (not been rude)

Yes. :rolleyes: But lets be serious... Obviously most people have heard of Mario out of the three, then comes Halo, then Bioshock.

I don't really look into Wii games because I don't have one, I'm not really gonna sit and read websites about the wii because what's the point if I haven't got one? Same with PS3, and what's all this about you having decency to say PS and xbox are awesome? When did I say the Wii and PS3 were not as good as the 360?

You didn't, but you proper make it sound that way. ;)

Jackk
08-10-2007, 06:32 PM
assassins creed.

Neil
08-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Yes. :rolleyes: But lets be serious... Obviously most people have heard of Mario out of the three, then comes Halo, then Bioshock.

You didn't, but you proper make it sound that way. ;)

They're all as well known as each other but not everyone likes Mario, not everyone likes Bioshock and not everyone likes Halo, but you can't expect over 3 million people to buy SSBB or Galaxy in the first week, a chance but I really doubt it since Halo 3 broke game sales records with 3mil+ purchases within the first week

Fez
08-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Halo 3 broke game sales records with 3mil+ purchases within the first week

I think it's made $300 million all in total throughout the saga and merchandise and stuff

Linky (http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/news.html?sid=6180380&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;3)

Neil
08-10-2007, 08:23 PM
I think it's made $300 million all in total throughout the saga and merchandise and stuff

Linky (http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/news.html?sid=6180380&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;3)

Na, Halo 3 as a single game made the entire $300 million

Fez
08-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Na, Halo 3 as a single game made the entire $300 million
I wish I worked in Bungie right now

Neversoft
08-10-2007, 09:10 PM
They're all as well known as each other but not everyone likes Mario, not everyone likes Bioshock and not everyone likes Halo, but you can't expect over 3 million people to buy SSBB or Galaxy in the first week, a chance but I really doubt it since Halo 3 broke game sales records with 3mil+ purchases within the first week

No, they're not as well known as each other. Mario is more known than most world leaders. Pikachu is even more known than Halo. Halo 3 may be the fastest selling game (second fastest in the UK) but the Wii is the fastest selling console. Plus Halo 3 still has a damn long way to go to outsell Super Mario Bros. Which has sold 40 million+. Also if you take a look at the best-selling video games of all time list, you'll see that Nintendo are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th before a game not made by Nintendo enters the list. Sure Halo 3 will probably win game of the year this year, which you keep telling me although I haven't once said it won't, but Nintendo have proven themselfs more than capable of winning game of the year with the amount of sales they get. That is the only point I am trying to get across! Nintendo can get game of the year just as much as any other games company.

Neil
08-10-2007, 10:28 PM
No, they're not as well known as each other. Mario is more known than most world leaders. Pikachu is even more known than Halo. Halo 3 may be the fastest selling game (second fastest in the UK) but the Wii is the fastest selling console. Plus Halo 3 still has a damn long way to go to outsell Super Mario Bros. Which has sold 40 million+. Also if you take a look at the best-selling video games of all time list, you'll see that Nintendo are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th before a game not made by Nintendo enters the list. Sure Halo 3 will probably win game of the year this year, which you keep telling me although I haven't once said it won't, but Nintendo have proven themselfs more than capable of winning game of the year with the amount of sales they get. That is the only point I am trying to get across! Nintendo can get game of the year just as much as any other games company.

Ok lets look at this,

Best selling Nintendo game of all time

Super Mario Bros. (40.23 million)

Yes that's pretty good but release date is 1985

Now 360

Halo 3 (5.2 million)

Release date, like..Just under 2 weeks ago?

PS3

Resistance: Fall of Man (2 million)

Not so great, released at PS3 launch, released November 14th 06 in US and March 24 in Europe

Ok so Super Mario bros is the best selling game but it's been out like 23 years, I'd say Halo 3 is doing very well, since Mario has had so many years to build itself up, so really what were you aiming for by talking about the best selling game, that doesn't prove anything because Halo 3 hasn't been out a month yet and Resistance has been out like a year and a few months

Neversoft
08-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Ok lets look at this,

Best selling Nintendo game of all time

Super Mario Bros. (40.23 million)

Yes that's pretty good but release date is 1985

Now 360

Halo 3 (5.2 million)

Release date, like..Just under 2 weeks ago?

PS3

Resistance: Fall of Man (2 million)

Not so great, released at PS3 launch, released November 14th 06 in US and March 24 in Europe

Ok so Super Mario bros is the best selling game but it's been out like 23 years, I'd say Halo 3 is doing very well, since Mario has had so many years to build itself up, so really what were you aiming for by talking about the best selling game, that doesn't prove anything because Halo 3 hasn't been out a month yet and Resistance has been out like a year and a few months

Lol, you do make me laugh. You still think they actually make Super Mario Bros? :rolleyes: Of course they don't, they probably stopped production after the SNES came out, which was 5 years later. It hasn't been on sale for 23 years. :rolleyes_ I bet you thought you had me then. ;) It has had that spot for more than 20 years, it's not going anywhere soon.

Neil
08-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Lol, you do make me laugh. You still think they actually make Super Mario Bros? :rolleyes: Of course they don't, they probably stopped production after the SNES came out, which was 5 years later. It hasn't been on sale for 23 years. :rolleyes_ I bet you thought you had me then. ;) It has had that spot for more than 20 years, it's not going anywhere soon.

Yes but this will probably include the VC one aswell, maybe the version of it released on the gameboy :rolleyes:

Neversoft
08-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Yes but this will probably include the VC one aswell, maybe the version of it released on the gameboy :rolleyes:

It's in the Guinness Book of World Record for having sold 40.23 million copies as of 1999 actually. :rolleyes: Which is the N64 era by the way. So it can't possibly include the VC ones. Also it will never include the gameboy sales because this is 'console sales' not 'handheld', It's under a totally different category altogether. It's called Super Mario Bros. Deluxe on gameboy anyway, so even that proves it isnt the gameboy sales aswell as it has a different name... Just face it, you're wrong.

Neil
08-10-2007, 11:00 PM
It's in the Guinness Book of World Record for having sold 40.23 million copies as of 1999 actually. :rolleyes: Which is the N64 era by the way. So it can't possibly include the VC ones. Also it will never include the gameboy sales because this is 'console sales' not 'handheld', It's under a totally different category altogether. It's called Super Mario Bros. Deluxe on gameboy anyway, so even that proves it isnt the gameboy sales aswell as it has a different name... Just face it, you're wrong.

Big deal, 40 million sales in 5 years yea fine but Halo 3 still made 5 million is less than 2 weeks, think about the sales that will have in 5 years time
Not to mention around that time it was really only Nintendo or Sega, and neither were really super expensive

Neversoft
08-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Oh yeah, one of the first console, sure it wasn't expensive. :rolleyes: A game always sells the most in its first few weeks. You can't see how much it does in the first year then times it by 5. It doesn't work like that, sorry. :rolleyes_

Neil
08-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh yeah, one of the first console, sure it wasn't expensive. :rolleyes: A game always sells the most in its first few weeks. You can't see how much it does in the first year then times it by 5. It doesn't work like that, sorry. :rolleyes_

No but the year is still not over, and I'm sure Halo 3 will still be selling, not as well as the first week but it will be selling

And Halo 3 broke sales history, so I think there is a good chance it will be selling alot more

GommeInc
08-10-2007, 11:07 PM
I seem to have no interest in any of them, but I can see Halo 3 winning, it's talked about alot more than the others in my experience.

Neversoft
08-10-2007, 11:20 PM
No but the year is still not over, and I'm sure Halo 3 will still be selling, not as well as the first week but it will be selling

And Halo 3 broke sales history, so I think there is a good chance it will be selling alot more

Not in the UK it didn't. :rolleyes: GTA: Vice City still holds the position as fastest selling game in the UK and look at how many sales that got worldwide, 13 million. Guess how many it sold on the first day of release? Near to a million. :rolleyes_ :rolleyes_ :rolleyes_ If Vice City still beats Halo 3 in the UK, then it can't be far behind everywhere else. Seriously, I don't see Halo 3 beating Super Mario Bros in sales, ever. I would love to be here in 5 years time just to laugh at you.

Niall!
10-10-2007, 11:36 AM
where's brawl

oh and to the nintendo not getting any GoTY awards
Sonic and mario at the olympic games has overtook Halo3, mario galaxy AND brawl (though not rightfully so imo)
So currently the most wanted game in the world

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!