PDA

View Full Version : Profile System

redtom
09-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Some of you might know about my DJ panel and I'm adding new features to it, I'm nearly done but the profiles system just doesn't seem right so what features would you like to see in a profiles system?

So far I've got;

About Me
Comments
Friends
User Info

Ohhh and btw I don't want any of this habbo themed crap just general stuff thanks. (I'm only just started to get anywhere with PHP so nothing too advanced thanks.)

+rep to any good ideas.

IPhone
09-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Location, by that i mean country? - Edit, sorry that will come under user info.

Chippiewill
09-10-2007, 05:22 PM
is the skinning confirmed? It only really needs to be a css changer.

redtom
09-10-2007, 05:29 PM
is the skinning confirmed? It only really needs to be a css changer.

A very basic one, yes

Heres what happends;

I have a skinning "zone" on my site where you can look through a list of skins, click one you like it then gives you the header HTML, footer HTML and the CSS you then go to the skinning center on your panel and copy and paste them in, I'll proberly be updates this soon with a better CSS editer.

redtom
09-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Well it wont let me edit my post above so can a mod please merdge

Anyway...

I've now updated it so that you can edit the CSS from the panel, I'll comment on each line so you know whats what and tell people how to edit it and what not.

Eccentric
09-10-2007, 06:56 PM
A very basic one, yes

Heres what happends;

I have a skinning "zone" on my site where you can look through a list of skins, click one you like it then gives you the header HTML, footer HTML and the CSS you then go to the skinning center on your panel and copy and paste them in, I'll proberly be updates this soon with a better CSS editer.
That can potientially be unsafe, make sure you don't allow j/s attacks etc this can be done through css aswell i blieve :S

Assassinator
09-10-2007, 06:58 PM
What about Request a friend?

Or Maybe make a Admin feature to go with it.Like on the Profile it could have;

Username: Kane

And for Admins it would be

Username: ADMIN[Kane] [Ban User - Edit Profile - Clear Profile]

redtom
09-10-2007, 07:04 PM
That can potientially be unsafe, make sure you don't allow j/s attacks etc this can be done through css aswell i blieve :S

You would have to be an admin to view the page to edit the CSS so why would an admin attack there own site?

Eccentric
09-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Lol :P I made a script back in my days :rolleyes: where users could submit skins to a database I just found the link for it:
http://www.techtuts.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4299

I think that MAY be an easier way to skin a users profile in my point of view.

redtom
09-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Lol :P I made a script back in my days :rolleyes: where users could submit skins to a database I just found the link for it:
http://www.techtuts.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4299

I think that MAY be an easier way to skin a users profile in my point of view.

I was talking about skinning the panel not the profiles them selfs.

Eccentric
09-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Aghhh i see<3 sorry i just thought skinning > title being profile system.
Sorry i confused. :(!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!