PDA

View Full Version : Job help ;D

today
10-10-2007, 07:05 PM
I currently work at Fields Kitchen Monday, Tuesday, Friday. Wednesday is college, Thursday is off.

Though on Thursday its like "study" so i cant use that day as a job or it recks the whole system up.

BHS has offered me a job as weekend staff, though its group interviews, which i hate alot. Though Fields Kitchen offered me a Sunday job last week which i said yes (i start in a week).

Though its nice to work at BHs (Its in the shopping centre of my town, thus the "popular, fashion area, easy to get other jobs such as TOPSHOP, Republic, River Island", Though as i said i hate group interviews alot and it kinda put me off. Along with i might not of started my "sunday job" yet but i work with the same people and i do really enjoy it. Thus saying yes to the sunday job.

I know BHS would be more hours -> more money. But group interviews put me off big style and i would feel guilty saying no to my current manager for sunday. See'ing as they need help big style and im already trained for the till's, deliveries ect, making it easy and we are a real close staff team.

(BHS do crap clothing for me and its mainly women there, that doesnt bother me much but its nice to talk to a few young lads not just women really)

What do you think i should do...

Ramones
10-10-2007, 07:10 PM
not liking group interviews is a crappy reason for not getting a job, it's like one day. i'd go for bhs. Also i thought it was just old women that shop at bhs

today
10-10-2007, 07:13 PM
not liking group interviews is a crappy reason for not getting a job, it's like one day. i'd go for bhs. Also i thought it was just old women that shop at bhs
No its not a crappy reason really.

Its a real one thus i might not enjoy the "group interview" and make a mock of myself or i could do it and get on really well.

I just dont know if i should take the chance or not.

Ramones
10-10-2007, 07:27 PM
i think you should take it, I don't know about BHS but with most companies the interview for a part time student job is pretty much a formality, especially group interviews, which i personally prefer.

today
10-10-2007, 07:32 PM
I perfer myself with the manager (:

My last interview at Republic was chatty and friendly, there laidback though BHS are all "formal" so i dont think it would suit me.

ScottDiamond.
10-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Get a better job.

today
10-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Get a better job.
Get a better insult line.

ScottDiamond.
10-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Get a better insult line.
It wasn't an insult, it was a direction.

What have you got good grades etc in?

today
10-10-2007, 07:47 PM
English Lit -> B
English Lang -> B
ICT Double -> C
ART -> C

rest well, i either didnt do them or i failed them.

ScottDiamond.
10-10-2007, 07:50 PM
English Lit -> B
English Lang -> B
ICT Double -> C
ART -> C

rest well, i either didnt do them or i failed them.

You could try something with to do with Graphics, get an apprenticeship in an office somewhere. (could be something to do with art, design etc). You could try working in offices, or you could try journalism.

The world is open for you and you're looking at BHS. Personally, I'd try getting in with journalism. Contacting all the papers etc and see when, and if, they take apprentices on.

today
10-10-2007, 07:52 PM
You could try something with to do with Graphics, get an apprenticeship in an office somewhere. (could be something to do with art, design etc). You could try working in offices, or you could try journalism.

The world is open for you and you're looking at BHS. Personally, I'd try getting in with journalism. Contacting all the papers etc and see when, and if, they take apprentices on.

I have a NVQ Level 1 in Retail. (: And its Retail i'll like to go in thus BHS -> Restail store, though as said not sure if i'll go for it or not.

I guess its all experince at the end of the day.

ScottDiamond.
10-10-2007, 07:56 PM
I have a NVQ Level 1 in Retail. (: And its Retail i'll like to go in thus BHS -> Restail store, though as said not sure if i'll go for it or not.

I guess its all experince at the end of the day.

I'd try out office work at business headquarters etc. Having BHS as the first thing on your C.V. wouldn't look good. If you show you reach out for something and don't go to whatever is closest, you'll prove you are eager to reach out for better things.

You also have to think about what will happen in future instead of currently. If you work in a retail store, you could still be working at a till for 8 hours a day in 5 years. If you work in the likes of a businesses headquarters, in 5 years you could be a team leader if you work very hard. You'd not be standing at a till all day and instead be doing better work. I.E, planning out events to happen etc.

The R.A.F's events team would be brilliant to get into for adminsitration work.

today
10-10-2007, 08:01 PM
I have more then nothing on my CV its a page long, two if you include hobbies/intrests.

I see your point but office doesnt intrest me at all, being a manager of a fashionable shop would. (:

Thq
10-10-2007, 09:11 PM

jounalism defo. looking at ur grades u cud do it.
but if u wanna stick with wt ur at now id take the sunday job to make ur boss happy unless the other job pays like much more.

today
10-10-2007, 09:19 PM
jounalism defo. looking at ur grades u cud do it.
but if u wanna stick with wt ur at now id take the sunday job to make ur boss happy unless the other job pays like much more.
Would pay the same apart from one day extra.

Ella
10-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Although the BHS job would pay more (only because of the extra hours though). I think you'd probobly do better taking the Sunday job, it will impress your manager. And could lead to you being put forward for promotions or pay rises. It also shows loyalty which employers really value.
And as you say, you already know you like the job, it works for you. :) And you like the people. And who knows in a few months time they might need someone extra to work Saturdays too.

today
11-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Although the BHS job would pay more (only because of the extra hours though). I think you'd probobly do better taking the Sunday job, it will impress your manager. And could lead to you being put forward for promotions or pay rises. It also shows loyalty which employers really value.
And as you say, you already know you like the job, it works for you. :) And you like the people. And who knows in a few months time they might need someone extra to work Saturdays too.
I decided not to go for the interview.

:)

They already say they need saturdays covered near Xmas peroid and i said i would :]

Ella
11-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Glad it worked out for you :)

Lycan
11-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Don't get a job! , job is for people with no lives!

today
11-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Don't get a job! , job is for people with no lives!
No its not?

ScottDiamond.
11-10-2007, 06:50 PM
No its not?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

today
11-10-2007, 07:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_Well (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_A_Life)

Lycan
11-10-2007, 07:28 PM
hes right, i was joking...

So far i've avoided getting a job. i decided when starting college that my teenage years should be jobles, that i should avoid getting a job until it was unavoidable as theese are my teenage years which will be over in just a few years... i might as well enjoy them XD

today
11-10-2007, 07:29 PM
I enjoy my teenage hood and i still work.

Lycan
11-10-2007, 07:31 PM
I enjoy my teenage hood and i still work.

but do you enjoy it as much as i enjoy mine :)

today
11-10-2007, 07:33 PM
If you mean getting drunk every night, doing drugs.

Then no.

ScottDiamond.
11-10-2007, 07:34 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_A_Life

You need one if you get so cranky over a joke.

but do you enjoy it as much as i enjoy mine :)

haha you make me laugh.

Lycan
11-10-2007, 07:36 PM
If you mean getting drunk every night, doing drugs.

Then no.

I don't drink (often) and i don't smoke nor take drugs.

Ella
11-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Just because someone doesn't have a job, doesn't mean they go out and take drugs or get drunk. Its personal choice I guess, if or not to have a job. :)

today
11-10-2007, 08:50 PM
I don't drink (often) and i don't smoke nor take drugs.

Just because someone doesn't have a job, doesn't mean they go out and take drugs or get drunk. Its personal choice I guess, if or not to have a job. :)

I thought he was one of these tards who gets drunk everynight and all. :] Thats why i said it. :P

L!nK
11-10-2007, 10:12 PM
I also hate group interviews but one day you just have to face up to it.

I had a group interview for my college course.

I guess your one of those people who can't get up in a class and talk while everyones looking at you.. ?

Lycan
11-10-2007, 10:14 PM
I thought he was one of these tards who gets drunk everynight and all. :] Thats why i said it. :P

Am not a '**** as you put it, i'm quite smart... and having no money means i can't buy the booze!

Anyway, i have to sort out an interview for Uni ... god am i worried

today
11-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I also hate group interviews but one day you just have to face up to it.

I had a group interview for my college course.

I guess your one of those people who can't get up in a class and talk while everyones looking at you.. ?
No i can perfectly fine, i just dont like the whole 'group interview' idea really. I can get up infront of others fine and talk normally (:

Mainly for the fact im "till trained" thus serving customers and speaking to random strangers and all. But group interviews is diff.

Am not a '**** as you put it, i'm quite smart... and having no money means i can't buy the booze!

Anyway, i have to sort out an interview for Uni ... god am i worried
Lol, my bad you just seemed to be that "bad *** punk who drinks non stop" :P

bigdavecox90
12-10-2007, 07:50 AM
I currently work at Fields Kitchen Monday, Tuesday, Friday. Wednesday is college, Thursday is off.

Though on Thursday its like "study" so i cant use that day as a job or it recks the whole system up.

BHS has offered me a job as weekend staff, though its group interviews, which i hate alot. Though Fields Kitchen offered me a Sunday job last week which i said yes (i start in a week).

Though its nice to work at BHs (Its in the shopping centre of my town, thus the "popular, fashion area, easy to get other jobs such as TOPSHOP, Republic, River Island", Though as i said i hate group interviews alot and it kinda put me off. Along with i might not of started my "sunday job" yet but i work with the same people and i do really enjoy it. Thus saying yes to the sunday job.

I know BHS would be more hours -> more money. But group interviews put me off big style and i would feel guilty saying no to my current manager for sunday. See'ing as they need help big style and im already trained for the till's, deliveries ect, making it easy and we are a real close staff team.

(BHS do crap clothing for me and its mainly women there, that doesnt bother me much but its nice to talk to a few young lads not just women really)

What do you think i should do...

I have to admit, I wouldn't like group interviews either, as I don't feel very confident speaking infront of loads of people I don't know.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!