PDA

View Full Version : Zetolic (Ingame screenshots)

Oni
11-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Last time I brought you something to do with Zetolic it was around 3 months ago with the simple space flying avatar chat http://www.zetolic.com/Client/ (http://www.zetolic.com/Client/). I repeatedly stressted it would be completely different to our real client but even I didnt know how different it would be. After I did some market research I was suprised to find that a large amount of MMOCC players are now girls, girls attracted by spaceships? I think not. So my plan changed, infact it changed time and time again and around 2 1/2 months ago I began developing at this time I can only call 'Zetolic 2.0'

'Zetolic 2.0' is something alittle different, its more imaginative than other MMOCCs, rather than being set in a city or town it is set in dreams. Ok that sounds wierd I know. Having 'dreams' allows us to have completely different environments and characters throughout the game for example you could have a nightmare full of monsters etc. This isnt one of those MMOCCs where the owner gets ahead of themselves, they plan things they cannot do. I can do this and I have. I bring you the first screenshots from the REAL zetolic client, these arent put together on a graphics program they are from our fully functioning client.
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6207/screenqv6.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6207/screenqv6.c1dea6455d.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=504&i=screenqv6.png)
Regards,
George Ing

Zetolic project management

Sunny.
11-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Wow, thats really good. Contact wait untill the BETA. +Rep

Hxf Santa
11-10-2007, 06:10 PM
awesome cant wait

Oni
11-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Hmmm im not sure who to offer BETA to first this forum or MMOCCforum, I think Ill probably go with this one.

Hxf Santa
11-10-2007, 06:12 PM
us we're cooler xD
and we love it

Titch
11-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Looks really good, cant wait.

Hmmm im not sure who to offer BETA to first this forum or MMOCCforum, I think Ill probably go with this one.

Ya cus we rule, lol.

Oni
11-10-2007, 06:17 PM
us we're cooler xD
and we love it
The only problem is the maturity of this forums users (no offence implied). MMOCCs users are mostly late teens and adults so will be able to do some real bug testing and give alot more structured feedback. I may choose some of the maturer members of this forum and the rest from MMOCCforum, probably around 10 in total.

Luckyrare
11-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Very nice. Very impressed with the market research and the developement of your findings.

How is your game data stored? MySQL?

Anyway - well done ;)

Titch
11-10-2007, 06:18 PM
The only problem is the maturity of this forums users (no offence implied). MMOCCs users are mostly late teens and adults so will be able to do some real bug testing and give alot more structured feedback. I may choose some of the maturer members of this forum and the rest from MMOCCforum, probably around 10 in total.

Maby ask people who have experience in BETA Testing? Cus they would know where to search for bugs ect.

L!nK
11-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Hmm George its nice, you done good for yourself...

Oni
11-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Very nice. Very impressed with the market research and the developement of your findings.

How is your game data stored? MySQL?

Anyway - well done ;)
Shamefully at the moment its all stored in password locked txt and .xml documents as there is no room editing etc at the moment, just public rooms. In the future however I will be using MySQL as its more secure etc.

Thanks everyone, at the moment I am pretty pleased with myself, ill take a short break for a few days as I have been working pretty much every day for the past 3 months.

Luckyrare
11-10-2007, 06:23 PM
How does it go about saving/grabbing data? Via PHP?

ScottDiamond.
11-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Nice. I'd be happy to help by finding criticism in everything.

Oni
11-10-2007, 06:27 PM
How does it go about saving/grabbing data? Via PHP?
It grabs the usernames and passwords from a seperate txt document. At the moment the usernames and passwords are added manually but before the BETA ill get colin to create a php signup system.

Scott I may actually contact you for the BETA and put your bluntless about everything to use.

Jõnathan
11-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Lookin' good so far! :)

Titch
11-10-2007, 06:29 PM
It grabs the usernames and passwords from a seperate txt document. At the moment the usernames and passwords are added manually but before the BETA ill get colin to create a php signup system.

Scott I may actually contact you for the BETA and put your bluntless about everything to use.

Lol, thats about the only good thing scotts can be used for :)

L!nK
11-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Nice. I'd be happy to help by finding criticism in everything.

Best man for the job.:D

Oni
11-10-2007, 06:30 PM
You're more daring than I am, anyway dont wind scott up in my thead ;).

Colin-Roberts
11-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Is This actually ingame or is it just what you want it to look like?

ScottDiamond.
11-10-2007, 06:56 PM

You can be best used for your comedy. Haha, you pulled my leg you did there.

Best man for the job.:D

Yes. :8

You're more daring than I am, anyway dont wind scott up in my thead ;).

Hahahaha.

Is This actually ingame or is it just what you want it to look like?

Title of thread:
Zetolic (Ingame screenshots)

Make your own judgement.

mousey
11-10-2007, 06:59 PM
I dread to think wha banwith this could get up to.

I would be happy to help find bugs if it is a flash client, from what i can see it is, as we all know im a flash devoloper in progress!
nice to meet a 'new' face.

HxF is the best place for beta testers aslong as ther mature enough.

Are you hoping to earn money in the future from this project?

My very best wish's

Mousey

ScottDiamond.
11-10-2007, 07:04 PM
I dread to think wha banwith this could get up to.

I would be happy to help find bugs if it is a flash client, from what i can see it is, as we all know im a flash devoloper in progress!

HxF is the best place for beta testers aslong as ther mature enough.

Are you hoping to earn money in the future from this project?

My very best wish's

Mousey

I hate how you act like a ''noob'' lets say in other threads, yet since you are wanting this role, you try to look professional. Your spelling is terrible.

Oni
11-10-2007, 07:08 PM
What? I have been here since 2003???

Scott the reason colins asking this is because hes helping me with it and the version with those screenshots I havent uploaded to the server yet :)

ScottDiamond.
11-10-2007, 07:11 PM
What? I have been here since 2003???

Scott the reason colins asking this is because hes helping me with it and the version with those screenshots I havent uploaded to the server yet :)

OK. :)

Oni
11-10-2007, 07:22 PM
I know im going to get loads of pms asking for jobs and tests of the client. If anyone does then I will simply IP ban you, end of.

Aflux
11-10-2007, 07:26 PM
They say they're adults but really they're much, MUCH younger.

Colin-Roberts
11-10-2007, 07:26 PM
The Avaters still need faces. Before someone points that out.

Oni
11-10-2007, 07:27 PM
They say they're adults but really they're much, MUCH younger.
Alot of them are but alot of them arent as most of them have jobs at MMOCCs where the applying criteria is 16 or 18+. They act more mature anyway.

RichardKnox
11-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Fantastic job on this. The pixel art in those screenshots looks pretty well done, take it was professional? I take it has object collision interaction etc?

The amount of people on this forum that say they will start an MMOCC is quite high, but yours is the only one I have seen that has even begun development. Can you PM me your MSN as I may have a little business proposal for you.

Oni
11-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Fantastic job on this. The pixel art in those screenshots looks pretty well done, take it was professional? I take it has object collision interaction etc?

The amount of people on this forum that say they will start an MMOCC is quite high, but yours is the only one I have seen that has even begun development. Can you PM me your MSN as I may have a little business proposal for you.
The pixel art was professional yes :). Ill pm you my msn now although I may already have you im unsure.

Colin-Roberts
11-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Proffesional Offcourse. I believe you can still walk threw eachother avaters.. But the rest as far as i know is done. Sitting has a know bug but it will be fixed before release.

redtom
11-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Nice work ozzie, it seems every time you post about the game it changes alot, I carnt wait untill the BETA is out, goodluck with it.

Drop me a line if you want any more PHP help.

EDIT: Walking through each other is good as it will stop door blockers, if you have single doors like on Habbo

Colin-Roberts
11-10-2007, 07:41 PM
There currently all dual doors but ye i see your point.. You can't stand on the same square tho. You can only walk threw it.

Tomm
12-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Nice :) I would be happy to BETA test. If you need anything related to PHP/MySQL then just give me a shout and ill be more than happy to help.

Invent
12-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Looks nice.

Only issue I'm thinking about is people decompiling the flash file and finding the source to the place where user info is kept?

:Edzy
12-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Old News <3

Oni
12-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Looks nice.

Only issue I'm thinking about is people decompiling the flash file and finding the source to the place where user info is kept?
Im probably going to embed it in director so they will have to decompile the shockwave (This is very hard I believe) and then decompile the flash.

Invent
12-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Im probably going to embed it in director so they will have to decompile the shockwave (This is very hard I believe) and then decompile the flash.

Good to know & obviously it's hard or we would have thousands of copies of Habbo :P (Like a retro just with diff. graphics).

Oni
12-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Moderator positions are now available in the website staff section.

:Edzy
12-10-2007, 05:52 PM

decompiling the flash is easy, not the dcr tho :P

thats where BittyBay.com went wrong really.

Dentafrice,
12-10-2007, 10:16 PM
WOW! Thats all I can say.

Thats is amazing, just amazing. Its actually one of the first MMOCC's that I have actually seen that "works".

If you offered the BETA to some of the people on this forum, thats just amazing.

I think Zetolic will go far.

Invent
12-10-2007, 10:20 PM
I think Zetolic will go far.

I'm not convinced yet. Someone a few years ago made a flash clone of Habbo where you could walk around the Dirty Duck Pub and chat. It had great potential, but still; it's no where today.

Dentafrice,
12-10-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm not convinced yet. Someone a few years ago made a flash clone of Habbo where you could walk around the Dirty Duck Pub and chat. It had great potential, but still; it's no where today.
Hmm, I don't remember that.

I just see this has having more potential then the rest of the MMOCC's that "say" they are being developed but just end up falling back to where they started out at.

Invent
12-10-2007, 10:37 PM
I just see this has having more potential then the rest of the MMOCC's that "say" they are being developed but just end up falling back to where they started out at.Yes, I feel it has more potential than other MMOCCs that are advertised on here. I don't think it's currently on the same level as Bittybay (as I haven't seen Zetolic's beta), but the project is going well so far :}

Oni
13-10-2007, 10:04 PM
It isnt as good as bittybay, ill admit that, nowhere near infact. BUT zetolic has been in development for alot less time :). It is a project I can see myself continuing with for along time. Our server is just being configured, tommorow I should be able to upload the client after which ill bug test. In the coming week im hoping to get the mods on and used to the system, ready for a half term BETA test. Of course this could all go horribly wrong but oh well.

Colin-Roberts
14-10-2007, 12:06 AM
The new server is sweet.. just got to wait for the datacenter to finish up some last minute changes for us and then it should be ready to go.

Oni
14-10-2007, 03:37 PM
The new server is sweet.. just got to wait for the datacenter to finish up some last minute changes for us and then it should be ready to go.
Nice one :)

alexxxxx
14-10-2007, 03:53 PM
i'd be happy to beta test, i would like to join a new forum/community.

Colin-Roberts
14-10-2007, 06:26 PM
The forum for anyone interested is zetolicforum.com Not very popular. it gets updates quicked most times tho.

Invent
31-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Zetolic is looking nice. I might purchase TheoWorlds myself and make a small place for me and my friends to go on.

Lycan
31-10-2007, 12:55 AM
took a look, looksa good

Chippiewill
31-10-2007, 06:54 AM
:o that lks nice, shame we cant register

Jamie.
31-10-2007, 02:10 PM
:( Lol tis good George ;)

Colin-Roberts
11-12-2007, 08:59 PM
I'll Probably Get Yelled At For This But Zetolic Is Back under my ownership.. I'll add the new screenshots later tonight.

Puma
12-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Kool.. good luck with the project ;]

Chippiewill
12-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Yes back in the hands of someone i like!!!

Colin-Roberts
12-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks I hope to make it as good as ever. Then better.

Elkaa
12-12-2007, 06:34 PM
So, dispite the past 2 months, it's not working still?

Clubtropica.. :)

Colin-Roberts
12-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Clubtropica has done alot less then zetolic. We've released 3 seperate public launches.. Zetolic is fully working..

Ini
13-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Any chance of a test?

Zaub
14-12-2007, 03:42 AM
Looks good, the characters sorta look like runescape characters. Can't wait for beta.

Colin-Roberts
15-12-2007, 05:31 PM
The Beta Will Be Back Up Within The Week.
Red: Navi
Green: Nothing...
Orange: Radio
Blue: Help/Info
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1680/screeniefo9.png

Dentafrice,
15-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Any chance I can see Colin? :]

Colin-Roberts
15-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Lol No Caleb if it was playable atm it would be released. Just waiting on the server so i can fix the maps ect.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!