PDA

View Full Version : Postal Service [+9Rep]

Cwmbran
11-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Ok, I ordered two t-shirts about three weeks ago, yes they are being shipped from America to the UK but I ordered one earlier in the year and it only took two weeks.

Now some of you may be thinking that I don't know about the postal strike, well I do this is what leads to my question:
Would my packages be at my local post office ready to be sent out and could I go collect them, or should I just wait for them to be delivered?

+Rep for helpful answers.

Naruto!
11-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Wait a few more days and if not ask your post office

dannyisnotamazing
11-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Well there on strike again next week ain't they? Stuff is being backdated or whatever so you should still get it, but it might of been sent by a different postal service, eg a courier like parcelforce

jesus
11-10-2007, 09:51 PM
the royal mail postal service has resumed in most places of the uk, and my friend who works for them went back today/tomorrow.

they should be at your post office depending on how long ago you ordered it, cuz i saw on the news there were all these packages and letters piled up in a certain delivery office

Cwmbran
11-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Well there on strike again next week ain't they? Stuff is being backdated or whatever so you should still get it, but it might of been sent by a different postal service, eg a courier like parcelforce
The last one I ordered (From the same site) came by Royal Mail. :)
Are you certain about this strike next week? If you are then I'll go down in the morning tomorrow to the post office.

the royal mail postal service has resumed in most places of the uk, and my friend who works for them went back today/tomorrow.

they should be at your post office depending on how long ago you ordered it, cuz i saw on the news there were all these packages and letters piled up in a certain delivery office
Yes it has resumed here, but as Danny has said deliveries are backdated, I ordered them just over 2 Weeks ago (Just check emails) and the last one I ordered only took 2 Weeks to arrive.

dannyisnotamazing
11-10-2007, 09:57 PM
The last one I ordered (From the same site) came by Royal Mail. :)
Are you certain about this strike next week? If you are then I'll go down in the morning tomorrow to the post office.

Yes it has resumed here, but as Danny has said deliveries are backdated, I ordered them just over 2 Weeks ago (Just check emails) and the last one I ordered only took 2 Weeks to arrive.

"After lengthy negotiation we are very disappointed that the Communication Workers Union (CWU) has announced more strike action starting on Monday 15th and ending on Friday 19th October."

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=1000002&mediaId=51600692

First paragraph

Cwmbran
11-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks all, +Rep given.

:Liam
11-10-2007, 10:04 PM
It might not be at your local post office, in some cases it can be at post offices up to 50 miles away from were you live, so I would wait personally.

Decapitated!
11-10-2007, 10:07 PM
my drop dead orders havent came in
im so angry

Cwmbran
11-10-2007, 10:10 PM
It's my mates birthday in 8 days and his girlfriend has ordered him some stuff off the internet he's annoyed as well so me and him are going to the post office tomorrow morning for some head bashing.

today
11-10-2007, 10:12 PM
give it a week at least tbh.

Cwmbran
11-10-2007, 10:13 PM
It might not be at your local post office, in some cases it can be at post offices up to 50 miles away from were you live, so I would wait personally.
The main post office around my area, is my local one. :)
It has a huge delivery bay, and stuff.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!