PDA

View Full Version : 16 years and over forum.

HotelUser
14-10-2007, 04:04 PM
This was suggested somewhere before, but I can't find it. I think that users on the forum over 16 should have their own forum section. Some younger members are just not mature and it's annoying having to communicate with some of them. For example, somebody posted somewhere saying their penis was 10 inches big. That of course is not called, and as it turns out the poster was a younger member.
Of course, that's just one example, there is many more. I have nothing against young people, it's just the ones who don't act maturely. I just want to be able to talk to other users my own age maturely.
For the age verification process, I think it's simple. If a user wishes to gain access to the mature forum, they apply to enter. A moderator looks at some of their posts to see their maturity level. If they're mature enough they can be allowed in the forum. Then if a users posts immature in the mature forum they will be revoked of their mature forum access. Now, that method will asure the users with access to the mature forum are mature :P. Though it doesn't exactly check for age. But they would be mature.
There are many other ways to check a users age specifically, if maturity level wouldn't be enough. Habbo account creation date, forum account creation date, if they've paid for REP or VIP with paypal that probably means they're an older user, if the user has many spam posts you can probably tell they're not mature. There are many ways to tell a users mature level and age.

jesus
14-10-2007, 04:06 PM
good idea, it would be nice without the idiots

the wombats
14-10-2007, 04:06 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=404730

there's the thread.

one of the main arguements was proving your age.

Janet Snakehole
14-10-2007, 04:08 PM
I agree.
I think it would be a good idea.

whoooosh
14-10-2007, 04:17 PM
that is an excellent idea
some people on here are way too immature

Hxf Santa
14-10-2007, 04:19 PM
be copying habmate, much?

whoooosh
14-10-2007, 04:24 PM
they have that on habmate ?

Galaxay1
14-10-2007, 04:26 PM
No one can prove their 16+?

dannyisnotamazing
14-10-2007, 04:26 PM
wait until june nxt yr then if im still ere ill agree

Jazza
14-10-2007, 04:27 PM
There are quite a few mods who are under 16, and how good a judge of maturity are some of them anyway?

Alkaz
14-10-2007, 04:27 PM
yah i think thats a good idea.

Nixt
14-10-2007, 04:30 PM

Yes, we do. Personally I think it's a good idea, however not for maturity. In fact, the majority of people in there who I am confident are 16 actually post immaturely. It's a release though, so the main Forums are kept (slightly) more clean, as rules in that Forum a long are practically non-existent, a long with no filter in the Forum also.

Galaxay1
14-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Yeh habmate does it but still cant prove someone isnt 16 :S

Naruto!
It will just make people younger go on it and think WOWZ IM ON A 16+ LOL NORTY -GIGGLE-

Yoshimitsui
I was very against it last time. But i like the idea of applying, however there would be arguments caused by people not getting in it. But it could work!

HotelUser
14-10-2007, 04:43 PM
I was very against it last time. But i like the idea of applying, however there would be arguments caused by people not getting in it. But it could work!

If they cause arguments about not getting in, it shows how they are not mature, so I don't think they could do that without making themselves look immature ;).

It will just make people younger go on it and think WOWZ IM ON A 16+ LOL NORTY -GIGGLE-
Like I've said, my method of proving they're 16 would be to see if they're mature, though that really doesn't define age it looks at how mature the user in question is. If somebody said what you suggested, they would certainly not be accepted into the new forum.

There are quite a few mods who are under 16, and how good a judge of maturity are some of them anyway?

experienced moderators would be the mods I would think to see who is mature enough to enter this section. The majority of moderators are very nice and skilled. I am sure they would be able to decide who enters this section.

No one can prove their 16+?

Good point, Scott. Though if Habbox can see to it that mature users are accepted into this forum, than the users in that forum would be mature, which is the goal of having a mature forum. I am 16, though I wouldn't mind seeing the occasional 15 or 14 year old in there as long as they behave themselves in a mature matter.

be copying habmate, much?

I didn't even know they had that section, Imno. It wouldn't be copying either, many forums around the net have restricted areas with this intention.

Naruto!
14-10-2007, 04:47 PM
I guess it could be based on infractions as that shows maturity.

HotelUser
14-10-2007, 05:02 PM
I guess it could be based on infractions as that shows maturity.

Yes, that would be another fantastic way to show a users maturity level.

Galaxay1
14-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Good point, Scott. Though if Habbox can see to it that mature users are accepted into this forum, than the users in that forum would be mature, which is the goal of having a mature forum. I am 16, though I wouldn't mind seeing the occasional 15 or 14 year old in there as long as they behave themselves in a mature matter.

Yeh but then if theres 14/15s in the forum that completely destroys the point in 16+ forum? :S

myke
14-10-2007, 05:06 PM
I think it's unfair, I'm fourteen and I consider myself as mature - tbh it's a silly idea, just ignore the ignorant children..

Azul
14-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Crap idea. Would not work.

Naruto!
14-10-2007, 05:10 PM
I think it's unfair, I'm fourteen and I consider myself as mature - tbh it's a silly idea, just ignore the ignorant children..
Same, but I don't need to go into a 16+ forum really to read about peoples 10" ****, mature I think not, ironic.

HotelUser
14-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Same, but I don't need to go into a 16+ forum really to read about peoples 10" ****, mature I think not, ironic.

Myself along with other members do desire a forum where none of this childish behavior occurs. Though if it were based on maturity and not age, I think it would work out.

Crap idea. Would not work.

That's a poor attitude. Could you rephrase what you've said along with the reason you believe it wont work?

Yeh but then if theres 14/15s in the forum that completely destroys the point in 16+ forum? :S

Hmm.. It can be called Mature forum. Then described as the forum for users around the age of 16 that have a mature attitude. Syrup Monkey, you are right in one aspect, that it would be unfair to allow 16 year olds and over and ignore the the users younger than 16. Though if it were a mature forum based on maturity than that would solve that problem. Then even people who are 16 that aren't mature wouldn't be allowed. So it would work even better in one aspect.

Yoshimitsui
14-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Mature forum, i like that :P

As you have been saying and others asking how it could be judged, it's quite easy to determine how mature some peolple are by looking at their infractions, what they are for and the way and what they post on the forum. So yes it could be done, allthough the age would be an impossible thing.

Galaxay1
14-10-2007, 05:37 PM
if its mature forum then people will just get annoyed as your calling then immature :S

Mr.OSH
14-10-2007, 05:40 PM
At the end of the day this forum is based around Habbo and is aimed at a teenage audience and I think you'd fine the majority of the forum is under the age of 16 however people under 16 would try to gain access to the "16+" forum anyway, it would cause issues and fights which would be hard to control if the forum had no set rules. Also people would abuse their opportunity's in the forum and just ruin it for the people who really wanted to use it correctly. There is no real reason to have a forum with no rules introduced as it just encourages people to be abusive and break other rules for the sake of breaking them. People can express their opinions and enjoy the forum without having to swear or be rude in anyway. Also people would be annoyed if they were over 16 but denied access and also people would be angry with people under 16 been allowed access and it's too difficult to moderate who would be old enough to view the forum or not. Sadly, although in theory this is a good idea it's too difficult to moderate and to put into practise especially on such a large forum. :(

Yoshimitsui
14-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I meant the name was funny, not it should be that ;)

I think the idea could actually work with some thought going into and and i would be willing to run with it :)

Nemo
14-10-2007, 05:43 PM
At the end of the day this forum is based around Habbo and is aimed at a teenage audience and I think you'd fine the majority of the forum is under the age of 16 however people under 16 would try to gain access to the "16+" forum anyway, it would cause issues and fights which would be hard to control if the forum had no set rules. Also people would abuse their opportunity's in the forum and just ruin it for the people who really wanted to use it correctly. There is no real reason to have a forum with no rules introduced as it just encourages people to be abusive and break other rules for the sake of breaking them. People can express their opinions and enjoy the forum without having to swear or be rude in anyway. Also people would be annoyed if they were over 16 but denied access and also people would be angry with people under 16 been allowed access and it's too difficult to moderate who would be old enough to view the forum or not. Sadly, although in theory this is a good idea it's too difficult to moderate and to put into practise especially on such a large forum. :(dont call it 16+ then. call it the mature forum as said.

I'm all for it, im 13. I find myself mature but others might not. I don't know but it would be good to escape from the real... annoyances of some of the people on this forum.

benjamin
14-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Mature forum?

Naaaah, killed it.

Mr.OSH
14-10-2007, 05:47 PM
dont call it 16+ then. call it the mature forum as said.

I'm all for it, im 13. I find myself mature but others might not. I don't know but it would be good to escape from the real... annoyances of some of the people on this forum.

I understand what you are saying but who can be the judge of who is mature and who is not I'm sure there are some people who are 17 - 20 who are still immature in some aspects but others at 13 - 15 who are mature and it's just not easy to judge. Maturity to one person can be immaturity to another it just isn't possible to say if someone is immature or not and also telling someone they cannot access a forum because they are immature could make them feel upset and feel bad about themselves. Even though it would be great to have this personally I think there isn't a way to judge who can and who cannot access the forum. Any bets if this went ahead there would be a good number of what you'd feel were "immature" people in the forum and lots of people would complain and thus sparking arguments.

Yoshimitsui
14-10-2007, 05:50 PM
I understand what you are saying but who can be the judge of who is mature and who is not I'm sure there are some people who are 17 - 20 who are still immature in some aspects but others at 13 - 15 who are mature and it's just not easy to judge. Maturity to one person can be immaturity to another it just isn't possible to say if someone is immature or not and also telling someone they cannot access a forum because they are immature could make them feel upset and feel bad about themselves. Even though it would be great to have this personally I think there isn't a way to judge who can and who cannot access the forum. Any bets if this went ahead there would be a good number of what you'd feel were "immature" people in the forum and lots of people would complain and thus sparking arguments.

I can tell alot about some people who post on the forum due to the way they do it and what they put. It's quite easy. It would mainly be behaviour, those who just want to have those slightly more adult conversations with others who want to do the same.

Nemo
14-10-2007, 05:52 PM
I understand what you are saying but who can be the judge of who is mature and who is not I'm sure there are some people who are 17 - 20 who are still immature in some aspects but others at 13 - 15 who are mature and it's just not easy to judge. Maturity to one person can be immaturity to another it just isn't possible to say if someone is immature or not and also telling someone they cannot access a forum because they are immature could make them feel upset and feel bad about themselves. Even though it would be great to have this personally I think there isn't a way to judge who can and who cannot access the forum. Any bets if this went ahead there would be a good number of what you'd feel were "immature" people in the forum and lots of people would complain and thus sparking arguments.Based on if they have had many arguements, reasons for infractions and general behaviour. Get some1trustworthy like yoshimitsui to review ppl trying 2 get in

Mr.OSH
14-10-2007, 06:05 PM
I can tell alot about some people who post on the forum due to the way they do it and what they put. It's quite easy. It would mainly be behaviour, those who just want to have those slightly more adult conversations with others who want to do the same.

Hmm I can see what you are saying but I still think some people would get in who are not old enough or mature enough to talk about adult conversations. Just because someone is well behaved doesn't show if they are mature about things and I'm sure there are people who are mature who have tons of infractions because they use inappropriate language allot so it wouldn't work that well, it's just not easy to decide who is mature and who is not you just can't tell and also mature people still fight and have arguments so it would personally just escalate arguments because the rules are relaxed and provoke them. Sadly I don't think this would work.

Based on if they have had many arguements, reasons for infractions and general behaviour. Get some1trustworthy like yoshimitsui to review ppl trying 2 get in

Mature people have arguments, infractions can be issued to people who are not mature as people who don't abide to the rules doesn't mean they are immature it may mean they just choose to ignore the rules. Personally I don't think you can judge people's maturity that way.

Overall even if we could judge their maturity I don't think it would work it would just turn into a rant and arguments forum which would make some people feel uncomfortable as they know they are getting slated and bullied even if it isn't 100% direct in that forum. Relaxing the rules on a forum of Habbox UK's scale and providing a forum for "mature" people in my opinion would cause lots of fights and would include lots of bullying.

What would the forum be used for other than swearing and talking about inappropriate subjects? I'd like to hear exactly what you would want to use it for as mature people still argue from time to time so that wouldn't fix that problem, I just can't see it working.

Sorry if it seems like I'm killing the idea but I don't think it would work. :(

Nemo
14-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Mature people have arguments, infractions can be issued to people who are not mature as people who don't abide to the rules doesn't mean they are immature it may mean they just choose to ignore the rules. Personally I don't think you can judge people's maturity that way.

Overall even if we could judge their maturity I don't think it would work it would just turn into a rant and arguments forum which would make some people feel uncomfortable as they know they are getting slated and bullied even if it isn't 100% direct in that forum. Relaxing the rules on a forum of Habbox UK's scale and providing a forum for "mature" people in my opinion would cause lots of fights and would include lots of bullying.

What would the forum be used for other than swearing and talking about inappropriate subjects? I'd like to hear exactly what you would want to use it for as mature people still argue from time to time so that wouldn't fix that problem, I just can't see it working.

When i say look at their infractions, i mean see what they are for. If they are for 'double posting' that doesn't really matter but if it was for something else then it shows you something. Also i know what you mean about what people would discuss in there, and tbh... i have no idea =]

HotelUser
14-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Hmm I can see what you are saying but I still think some people would get in who are not old enough or mature enough to talk about adult conversations. Just because someone is well behaved doesn't show if they are mature about things and I'm sure there are people who are mature who have tons of infractions because they use inappropriate language allot so it wouldn't work that well, it's just not easy to decide who is mature and who is not you just can't tell and also mature people still fight and have arguments so it would personally just escalate arguments because the rules are relaxed and provoke them. Sadly I don't think this would work.

Sure they have arguments. Though we can say, "If you say anything to intentionally cause argument than you will be removed from the forum," and, "If you argue you will be removed from this forum." As simple as that. You can disagree and debate, politely.

Based on if they have had many arguements, reasons for infractions and general behaviour. Get some1trustworthy like yoshimitsui to review ppl trying 2 get in

He would do a fine job with regards to reviewing users as he knows what he is looking for.

If they complain about how they didn't get into the mature section, and cause arguments than it shows that they are immature. They wont try that I don't think. If they do people can just tell them that.

dont call it 16+ then. call it the mature forum as said.

I've said it would be a mature forum and not a 16 forum before, though I can't rename the thread :P. Somebody said it wouldn't be fair to exclude people by age. They're correct. Though if we allow them in from seeing how mature they are, I think that's very fair.

At the end of the day this forum is based around Habbo and is aimed at a teenage audience and I think you'd fine the majority of the forum is under the age of 16 however people under 16 would try to gain access to the "16+" forum anyway, it would cause issues and fights which would be hard to control if the forum had no set rules. Also people would abuse their opportunity's in the forum and just ruin it for the people who really wanted to use it correctly. There is no real reason to have a forum with no rules introduced as it just encourages people to be abusive and break other rules for the sake of breaking them. People can express their opinions and enjoy the forum without having to swear or be rude in anyway. Also people would be annoyed if they were over 16 but denied access and also people would be angry with people under 16 been allowed access and it's too difficult to moderate who would be old enough to view the forum or not. Sadly, although in theory this is a good idea it's too difficult to moderate and to put into practise especially on such a large forum. :(

It wouldn't be a 16 forum, it would be a mature forum.

if its mature forum then people will just get annoyed as your calling then immature :S

No, not really. It's a forum for members who act mature. We don't tell immiture members they are immature.

The Professor
14-10-2007, 06:27 PM
I know this is slightly different to the original suggestion, but maybe the same mature conversation could be a achieved in a "perfect record" forum? Only people who have 0 infractions could view it, and they would have to be at least silver member or VIP to prevent people just registering new accounts and posting. This would also give expiration of infractions a purpose; you have to wait until the infractions have expired to view the forum.

Plank
14-10-2007, 06:37 PM
isn't there already a vip forum for people with vip? why not just post in all the other forums and put the people that annoy you on ignore. saves a lot of time and hassle.

Nemo
14-10-2007, 06:38 PM
I know this is slightly different to the original suggestion, but maybe the same mature conversation could be a achieved in a "perfect record" forum? Only people who have 0 infractions could view it, and they would have to be at least silver member or VIP to prevent people just registering new accounts and posting. This would also give expiration of infractions a purpose; you have to wait until the infractions have expired to view the forum.Some ppl get pointless infractions though, such as double posting which has nothing to do with maturity

Mr.OSH
14-10-2007, 06:40 PM
When i say look at their infractions, i mean see what they are for. If they are for 'double posting' that doesn't really matter but if it was for something else then it shows you something. Also i know what you mean about what people would discuss in there, and tbh... i have no idea =]

I understand that but mature people still can sometimes use inappropriate language for HabboxForum so that rules out the idea of judging it by infractions, really. Also I feel it would turn into a forum of rule breaking than anything else, I'm the same as you, what would people discuss in there? It would basically be a spam section but with relaxed rules and I'm sure that wouldn't be very good as the spam section is quite badly behaved from time to time with the rules the forum correctly has. Sadly the people who are nice and are mature would have it ruined by others who would abuse this opportunity and even if you could split it, I don't think judging it on maturity is a good idea.

Sure they have arguments. Though we can say, "If you say anything to intentionally cause argument than you will be removed from the forum," and, "If you argue you will be removed from this forum." As simple as that. You can disagree and debate, politely.

He would do a fine job with regards to reviewing users as he knows what he is looking for.

If they complain about how they didn't get into the mature section, and cause arguments than it shows that they are immature. They wont try that I don't think. If they do people can just tell them that.

I've said it would be a mature forum and not a 16 forum before, though I can't rename the thread :P. Somebody said it wouldn't be fair to exclude people by age. They're correct. Though if we allow them in from seeing how mature they are, I think that's very fair.

It wouldn't be a 16 forum, it would be a mature forum.

No, not really. It's a forum for members who act mature. We don't tell immiture members they are immature.

It's just not easy to decide who is and isn't mature it's simply a matter of opinion in some cases. I can see why a member would be seen as immature or not but mature members can still break rules, mature members can still have fights etc, so how do you judge someone to be "mature" or not. Even judging the way they speak to people isn't fair as it's over the Internet and some people would speak in "txt" speak anyway. Also people who simply go "OMG why is he in here, he isn't mature" and people would fight over who is mature and who is not.

I know this is slightly different to the original suggestion, but maybe the same mature conversation could be a achieved in a "perfect record" forum? Only people who have 0 infractions could view it, and they would have to be at least silver member or VIP to prevent people just registering new accounts and posting. This would also give expiration of infractions a purpose; you have to wait until the infractions have expired to view the forum.

Personally that sounds like a very good idea as it would encourage people to behave and stick to the rules because they are getting a reward in effect for doing it. Brilliant idea + rep.

Some ppl get pointless infractions though, such as double posting which has nothing to do with maturity

Well then we could only deny access to it if they have hard rule breaking infractions or lots of infractions for the same offence?

Nemo
14-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Also, at first, you make it public for everyone and ban the people who begin to act imature and act foolishly from that forum. It would be easier instead of reviewing everyone ;)

The Professor
14-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Some ppl get pointless infractions though, such as double posting which has nothing to do with maturity

In that case it would encourage people to stick to the rules, making the rest of the forum better as well as providing a place for well-behaved members to have mature conversations.

Also, at first, you make it public for everyone and ban the people who begin to act imature and act foolishly from that forum. It would be easier instead of reviewing everyone ;)

I personally think that should apply to the whole of the forum, but unfortunately it doesn't. It also would make a poor first impression, as people will see the immature people posting and be put off.

Mr.OSH
14-10-2007, 07:04 PM
In that case it would encourage people to stick to the rules, making the rest of the forum better as well as providing a place for well-behaved members to have mature conversations.

I personally think that should apply to the whole of the forum, but unfortunately it doesn't. It also would make a poor first impression, as people will see the immature people posting and be put off.

Personally I think that we should have that trailed as I think it could really help stop rule breaking around the forum as people would be much more encouraged to stick to the rules as they wouldn't want to get banned from that forum. :) Nice idea, well done for suggesting it.

Jamie!
14-10-2007, 07:22 PM

But then why would those with a 'perfect record' want to post in a section where the rules are relexed when they could just post in another section.

That's just not a dig at that post by the way.. the whole idea is fairly pointless in my eyes.

The Professor
14-10-2007, 07:36 PM
But then why would those with a 'perfect record' want to post in a section where the rules are relexed when they could just post in another section.

That's just not a dig at that post by the way.. the whole idea is fairly pointless in my eyes.

If that is the case then surely the whole idea of having a forum for more mature members is self-contradictory? Proving that you're mature just to go to a special hidden away forum and spam away seems to lack logic to me, feel free to correct me.

Mr.OSH
14-10-2007, 07:50 PM
If that is the case then surely the whole idea of having a forum for more mature members is self-contradictory? Proving that you're mature just to go to a special hidden away forum and spam away seems to lack logic to me, feel free to correct me.

I can see what you are saying. Personally I think the idea of another forum for better behaved members is more realistic. :)

Yoshimitsui
14-10-2007, 08:10 PM
I think this has gone a bit off the original idea! The best thing to do in my opinion would be to trial this 'Older peoples' forum and let people into it who want to talk to each other and have a laff and without the sily comments you can get.

today
14-10-2007, 08:18 PM
i dont want this to appen soz.

Lycan
14-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Leave the 16, get an 18+ Forum.

... and by 18+ i'm not talking about images i'm just talking about a more mature adult level of conversation on something other then "Look at that noob he has furni"

Catzsy
14-10-2007, 10:27 PM
And what's the test for maturity? :)

Lycan
14-10-2007, 10:31 PM
there is no real test for maturity, i guess you could tell from the way they act, speak, there level to commitment, if they keep a stable debate rather then abusive response, if they laugh at toilet humour?

GommeInc
14-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Mature people can be abusive in some way, shape or form? Maybe heavy abuse should be banned? Slight abuse when you totally disagree is ok, because it's not meant to be offensive, it wears off after a while.

HotelUser
15-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Mature people can be abusive in some way, shape or form? Maybe heavy abuse should be banned? Slight abuse when you totally disagree is ok, because it's not meant to be offensive, it wears off after a while.

If what you say in this forum is offensive to others, intended to hurt others or the user in question is displaying poor attitude or unnecessary abusive behavior, than I think said user should be expelled from the mature forum.

there is no real test for maturity, i guess you could tell from the way they act, speak, there level to commitment, if they keep a stable debate rather then abusive response, if they laugh at toilet humour?

I've explained a few fair ways with regards to judging ones maturity level before. Though you are right when you say you can judge one by how they speak, do that have debating skills, or flaming skills and if they laugh at childish things.

And what's the test for maturity? :)

In the very first post of the thread, I've described some ideas with regards to testing users maturity level.

Leave the 16, get an 18+ Forum.

... and by 18+ i'm not talking about images i'm just talking about a more mature adult level of conversation on something other then "Look at that noob he has furni"

Well, if they are mature than I don't think they will talk like that.

i dont want this to appen soz.

Why?

I think this has gone a bit off the original idea! The best thing to do in my opinion would be to trial this 'Older peoples' forum and let people into it who want to talk to each other and have a laff and without the sily comments you can get.

Ah, true. Though if users are mature they wont post silly comments :P.

On the contrary. Users in the mature forum would stick to the rules all the time. All the members of it would or else they would face being expelled from it.

Personally I think that we should have that trailed as I think it could really help stop rule breaking around the forum as people would be much more encouraged to stick to the rules as they wouldn't want to get banned from that forum. :) Nice idea, well done for suggesting it.

I absolutely couldn't agree more! The users on the forum will have a goal!

I think people would try and act mature to try and gain access to the forum. It would be a good incentive to post better. Then we can tell the users in the mature forum that if they're caught doing something immature around the forums anywhere their privileges to the mature forum will be revoked. So they will act great all the time.

I understand that but mature people still can sometimes use inappropriate language for HabboxForum so that rules out the idea of judging it by infractions, really. Also I feel it would turn into a forum of rule breaking than anything else, I'm the same as you, what would people discuss in there? It would basically be a spam section but with relaxed rules and I'm sure that wouldn't be very good as the spam section is quite badly behaved from time to time with the rules the forum correctly has. Sadly the people who are nice and are mature would have it ruined by others who would abuse this opportunity and even if you could split it, I don't think judging it on maturity is a good idea.

It's just not easy to decide who is and isn't mature it's simply a matter of opinion in some cases. I can see why a member would be seen as immature or not but mature members can still break rules, mature members can still have fights etc, so how do you judge someone to be "mature" or not. Even judging the way they speak to people isn't fair as it's over the Internet and some people would speak in "txt" speak anyway. Also people who simply go "OMG why is he in here, he isn't mature" and people would fight over who is mature and who is not.

Personally that sounds like a very good idea as it would encourage people to behave and stick to the rules because they are getting a reward in effect for doing it. Brilliant idea + rep.

Well then we could only deny access to it if they have hard rule breaking infractions or lots of infractions for the same offence?

I don't see how having a mature forum would change the forum into a forum filled of rule breaking, that would certainly not happen. I think it is very easy to decide whether or not a user is immature just by seeing how they post and react to others. Users who go around swearing at each other wouldn't be mature. It's ok to say brb or lol. Things like that. But when people talk like, "this than i fink its nart mature," people who talk like that, don't really get much respect in my eyes. Then infractions. If they got an infraction for swearing at somebody, being rude or something similar to that, they're not mature. Double posting or doing something small to get infractions, aren't that bad.

nvrspk4
15-10-2007, 04:52 AM
Just going off the first post, I don't agree with the idea as its presented.

A) If the point is to allow members to discuss things they can't in the main forum due to age restrictions and avoid the filter, then we have to be SURE they are over 16.

B) Many 16 year olds are immature, and many 14 year olds are more mature. The entrance process would be hugely disputed.

C) We don't have proof that anyone is 16. Except for mailing us proof of DOB and such things, which I don't think people would like to do.

Based on that, I don't like the idea as is. But I do like the idea of a special forum for mature and well behaved members. Members with no infractions and four months on the forum, and > 100 posts could apply. Gaining any infractions would disqualify you from seeing the forum until they expire. Getting banned would permanantly disqualify you from the forum.

Yes its harsh, but IMO its worth it for a good community. They might not be excepted from the rules like filters and subjects, but you would have a mature community to discuss things in.

Reverse
15-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Good Idea yes.. but what happens if its one in all in with youngs? Say if someone was being immature, then all younger members could get labeled Immature.. even though many young members are mature.

MissAlice
15-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Quite an interesting thread, and I don't post here very often, but read this with interest. I don't think it's right for anyone to have to prove their age on this forum, especially as most members here are young teenagers.

Adults at the age of 40 can behave immaturely, just take a look around at some of your friends parents ;) and yet someone of the age of 14/15 can know exactly how to behave in an exclusive forum.

One way to introduce selected members to such an exclusive forum, would be by asking members to recommend the first exclusive members, let's say 20 members, the number you begin with could be as high as you like. Ask forum members to nominate who they consider to be the most 'mature' members of this forum. Allow Habbox Management to check the top 20 nominees for any bad infractions, anything else Management may feel is worth checking too. Give the new 'exclusive forum' a month's trial, and if it looks like it was a good idea after all, then allow the 20 existing 'exclusive forum members' the opportunity to invite one or two members each into the forum, for the first few months. If this new forum turns into a success, you would have to create a formula for how you go about inviting newer members to the exclusive forum for the future.

If an 'exclusive member' invites someone who turns out to be unsuitable and loses permission to post in that forum, then the member who nominated loses their right to nominate again for a set period of time.

Members would want to be a part of an 'exclusive forum' and as one or two have already mentioned it may go some way to encouraging those less mature to behave a bit better ;)

You could also introduce a special title for members of this forum to display.

Just an idea ;)

drama
15-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah they do.
You have to prove your over 16 (Drivers license, rail card uni thing, etc).
I can't get in, i even bribed garion with sex :(

Lycan
15-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah they do.
You have to prove your over 16 (Drivers license, rail card uni thing, etc).
I can't get in, i even bribed garion with sex :(

ucas card?

Galaxay1
15-10-2007, 08:37 PM
On have mate i just said my DOB but a year before (1990 instead of 1991) and i got accepted, and im only 15. ;)

HotelUser
15-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Just going off the first post, I don't agree with the idea as its presented.

A) If the point is to allow members to discuss things they can't in the main forum due to age restrictions and avoid the filter, then we have to be SURE they are over 16.If it were a mature forum as we've been discussing, I suppose we would be talking maturely, about mature issues I would think not since we can't prove users age.

B) Many 16 year olds are immature, and many 14 year olds are more mature. The entrance process would be hugely disputed.We've been discussing, and I've also mentioned in my first post in the thread, that it wouldn't be limited by age. But just by maturity level.

C) We don't have proof that anyone is 16. Except for mailing us proof of DOB and such things, which I don't think people would like to do.
Certainly people shouldn't be doing this. Though I would never expect Habbox to request this information from anybody anyway that verification process wouldn't work out.

Based on that, I don't like the idea as is. But I do like the idea of a special forum for mature and well behaved members. Members with no infractions and four months on the forum, and > 100 posts could apply. Gaining any infractions would disqualify you from seeing the forum until they expire. Getting banned would permanantly disqualify you from the forum.

Yes its harsh, but IMO its worth it for a good community. They might not be excepted from the rules like filters and subjects, but you would have a mature community to discuss things in.
Yes, an ideal situation, the requirements to enter the forum would give habbox users a goal to work to! Behaving, sticking around as well as posting frequently.

Good Idea yes.. but what happens if its one in all in with youngs? Say if someone was being immature, then all younger members could get labeled Immature.. even though many young members are mature.

Yes there are some mature young members. Though we've been discussing making it a mature forum, not an age forum.

On have mate i just said my DOB but a year before (1990 instead of 1991) and i got accepted, and im only 15. ;)

I wouldn't of posted that on here ;).

Galaxay1
15-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Why not? Im simply showing that Habmate currently has it and even they're system is at flaw.

Earthquake
15-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah having a 16+ forum would be good but you have to think of the people who will get round their, And most users would probally only use it to swear, Tbh would could you actully do in a 16+ forum what you can't do in another forum :S

HotelUser
15-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah having a 16+ forum would be good but you have to think of the people who will get round their, And most users would probally only use it to swear, Tbh would could you actully do in a 16+ forum what you can't do in another forum :S

Throughout the thread we've been discussing having a mature forum, and not a 16 year old forum.

Catzsy
15-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Why not? Im simply showing that Habmate currently has it and even they're system is at flaw.

Actually that is not true - you Habbox profile was checked and you were denied, Scott.

Lycan
15-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Throughout the thread we've been discussing having a mature forum, and not a 16 year old forum.

except the threadtitle... and your orignal post..

HotelUser
16-10-2007, 12:11 AM
except the threadtitle... and your orignal post..

The thread title perhaps, but if you've read my main method for determining mature users in my original post than you will notice I did say it wouldn't eliminate by age. You shouldn't post in a thread without reading the original post, therefore the title is erelevant.

nvrspk4
16-10-2007, 04:58 AM
Quite an interesting thread, and I don't post here very often, but read this with interest. I don't think it's right for anyone to have to prove their age on this forum, especially as most members here are young teenagers.

Adults at the age of 40 can behave immaturely, just take a look around at some of your friends parents ;) and yet someone of the age of 14/15 can know exactly how to behave in an exclusive forum.

One way to introduce selected members to such an exclusive forum, would be by asking members to recommend the first exclusive members, let's say 20 members, the number you begin with could be as high as you like. Ask forum members to nominate who they consider to be the most 'mature' members of this forum. Allow Habbox Management to check the top 20 nominees for any bad infractions, anything else Management may feel is worth checking too. Give the new 'exclusive forum' a month's trial, and if it looks like it was a good idea after all, then allow the 20 existing 'exclusive forum members' the opportunity to invite one or two members each into the forum, for the first few months. If this new forum turns into a success, you would have to create a formula for how you go about inviting newer members to the exclusive forum for the future.

If an 'exclusive member' invites someone who turns out to be unsuitable and loses permission to post in that forum, then the member who nominated loses their right to nominate again for a set period of time.

Members would want to be a part of an 'exclusive forum' and as one or two have already mentioned it may go some way to encouraging those less mature to behave a bit better ;)

You could also introduce a special title for members of this forum to display.

Just an idea ;)

I like that idea a lot. The only "flaw" I can see, which isn't a flaw but a potential complaint is that it will be suggested that management are biased in their screening or the criteria is unfair. But I suppose that could be dealt with as we go along.

The Professor
16-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Quite an interesting thread, and I don't post here very often, but read this with interest. I don't think it's right for anyone to have to prove their age on this forum, especially as most members here are young teenagers...

Quote snipped to keep the quote short :P

That's a great idea, although the bit about exclusive forum members being banned from voting because of another member's actions is a bit unfair.

+rep to that, hope it gets used :) Although a larger amount of people to start than the example :)

Zehro
16-10-2007, 05:31 PM
good idea, it would be nice without the idiots

Like you?

You spam.

Earthquake
16-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Like you?

You spam.
Thank god someone noticed.

Nemo
16-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Thank god someone noticed.You wouldn't get in either sozzz

Im all for this idea, even if i didn't get in.

MissAlice
16-10-2007, 07:21 PM
I like that idea a lot. The only "flaw" I can see, which isn't a flaw but a potential complaint is that it will be suggested that management are biased in their screening or the criteria is unfair. But I suppose that could be dealt with as we go along.

If you set a fair criteria, then there will be less potential complaints, and with most things in life there are always going to be whiners, you can't please everyone. Perhaps one important part of the criteria could be, not necessarily need be, and this is just a suggestion: You must of been a member of habboxforum for a minimum of 6/9/12 months before you can be nominated.

That's a great idea, although the bit about exclusive forum members being banned from voting because of another member's actions is a bit unfair.

Although a larger amount of people to start than the example :)

Yeah, I do in a way agree with you, and although it might sound a little harsh, that wasn't my intention, if anything it may encourage members to think wisely before nominating another member to join that forum. If they then make the mistake of nominating an 'immature' member, for want of a better word, not allowing them to nominate again until three months have passed isn't really that harsh.

Earthquake
16-10-2007, 07:27 PM
In all fairness, having a mature forum can actully sound insulting, And not allowing certain members into the mature/exclusive forum would be a bit discriminating on judge of view not judge of charater, we all tend to act imature some times, but what would this mature forum actully be doing what other forums won't be doing, their isn't much to this idea as all the other forums are taken for ideas, It would pretty much be the same as the spam forum and every time a arguement erupts the culprits in that forum would be removed.

mangle
16-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Couldn't we make people sign a disclaimer and if it emerged they were below 16 give them a perm ban?

HotelUser
16-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Couldn't we make people sign a disclaimer and if it emerged they were below 16 give them a perm ban?

Not if it's a mature forum. I think if it were 16+ than it wouldn't be fair to exclude younger members, as somebody said previously.

In all fairness, having a mature forum can actully sound insulting, And not allowing certain members into the mature/exclusive forum would be a bit discriminating on judge of view not judge of charater, we all tend to act imature some times, but what would this mature forum actully be doing what other forums won't be doing, their isn't much to this idea as all the other forums are taken for ideas, It would pretty much be the same as the spam forum and every time a arguement erupts the culprits in that forum would be removed.

I don't see it as insulting, I see it as a reward for active members who follow rules.

Well people can also think this way about jobs, though it's not a major issue I think, as I've not heard much about people complaining like that.

Cool--
16-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Im cold

Edited By nvrspk4 (Assistant General Manager): Please don't post pointlessly.

nvrspk4
17-10-2007, 05:56 AM
If you set a fair criteria, then there will be less potential complaints, and with most things in life there are always going to be whiners, you can't please everyone. Perhaps one important part of the criteria could be, not necessarily need be, and this is just a suggestion: You must of been a member of habboxforum for a minimum of 6/9/12 months before you can be nominated.

I like the idea of having to be a member for 6 months or maybe more. This stops people from creating "good" accounts and just using those to get in.

Yeah, I do in a way agree with you, and although it might sound a little harsh, that wasn't my intention, if anything it may encourage members to think wisely before nominating another member to join that forum. If they then make the mistake of nominating an 'immature' member, for want of a better word, not allowing them to nominate again until three months have passed isn't really that harsh.

I like the idea of having ramifications for nominating members, but I think just taking nomination rights for an extended period is fine. To some extent even the most mature people lose it, so excluding people would just make the mature forum members very reluctant to nominate others. Of course this might also mean that only the very mature got in.

The mature forum would provide an area for discussion of topics in a different environment. However I do agree with you that really what it would be is the entire forum condensed into one forum, just with a different audience. There aren't really any topics that would be discussed in the "mature" forums that wouldn't be discussed here, so its all about the target audience, and the quality of the discussion.

By the way, no its not discrimination :P

Well people can also think this way about jobs, though it's not a major issue I think, as I've not heard much about people complaining like that.

No offense intended but wasn't it you who posted on these forums about how I was biased because I wouldn't give you or Ross a job based on a logical basis? (I really don't like to bring up the past as we're beyond that now, but I'm trying to make a point and you sort of lent yourself to it :P)

Im cold

Then get a sweater.

Herman
17-10-2007, 07:27 AM
somehow i just don't agree with this idea.

it may be a good idea, but i just don't think it will work.

HotelUser
17-10-2007, 10:40 AM
I like the idea of having to be a member for 6 months or maybe more. This stops people from creating "good" accounts and just using those to get in.

Yes, that is a good idea and will eliminate multiple accounts.

The mature forum would provide an area for discussion of topics in a different environment. However I do agree with you that really what it would be is the entire forum condensed into one forum, just with a different audience. There aren't really any topics that would be discussed in the "mature" forums that wouldn't be discussed here, so its all about the target audience, and the quality of the discussion.

By the way, no its not discrimination :P
Exactly.

No offense intended but wasn't it you who posted on these forums about how I was biased because I wouldn't give you or Ross a job based on a logical basis? (I really don't like to bring up the past as we're beyond that now, but I'm trying to make a point and you sort of lent yourself to it :P)
I believe I pmed you telling you somebody(and you know who) told me I wouldn't get a job because you don't like me. If you're referring to the thread Ross made on how it said he was fired but he wasn't. All I said was I think the announcement saying he resigned should say he resigned and that he wasn't making a fuss when he made that thread. Oh and you told me you wern't bias and would hire people you didn't like, you don't want me to agree with you :P?

today
17-10-2007, 03:00 PM
i fail to see it, Specially when this "no infractions, if get any you'll be removed from the forum" which admin's going to sit there and check all the time..

HotelUser
17-10-2007, 05:59 PM
i fail to see it, Specially when this "no infractions, if get any you'll be removed from the forum" which admin's going to sit there and check all the time..

What? Why would an admin have to check the infractions? When a moderator wants to give an infraction they would check to see if the user is a member of this forum. If so they will contact an admin. Admins don't check anything ;).

Cool--
17-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Then get a sweater.
Can you buy me one please?

HotelUser
18-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Can you buy me one please?

I think you're heading abit off topic there.

Jalt
18-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Good idea for the more maturer people on the forum :)

Kardan
18-10-2007, 09:45 PM
I personally like the idea of being able to vote people into the forum from a selected group of trusted members etc.

Camy
18-10-2007, 09:52 PM
That sounds like a gd idea actually

MissAlice
20-10-2007, 01:35 PM
When I first read this thread, I wasn't convinced that an exclusive forum was needed. But having read a thread today, it changed my opinion. A thread that began by giving some facts, turned into a thread which changed topic, and criticized older players. According to the thread if you are 20+ you shouldn't be playing Habbo anymore :S. So do we all quit playing at a certain age? Perhaps we should all quit at 16 or 18? Leave all the younger players to fend for themselves?

A high number of the MODs on Habbo began playing long before they were 18 and chose to apply previously to become Hobbas and since then to become moderators, they understand the game from every aspect. Now it seems to me that some younger players lack any appreciation of the fact that older players are probably more experienced players, and will therefore have a greater understanding of the game, something quite important that they can pass on to younger players.

I wasn't going to enter into an arguement in that thread, but I did find that quite a few posts were disrespectful to others, and this is what made me realise an exclusive forum for 'maturer' members may well be a good idea :)

Earthquake
20-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Yes they should should.

Habbo Hotel is a virtual community owned and operated by Sulake Corporation. Habbo Hotel is aimed at teenagers, and it combines the two concepts of a chat room and an online game. The original conception of Habbo Hotel, namely Mobiles Disco, was created as a small project by two Finnish men, Sampo Karjalainen and Aapo Kyrölä.

MissAlice
20-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Yes they should should.

Can you expand on your vocabulary please?

This thread is about the discussion of a forum for 'maturer' members, you can act mature at any age, and I personally don't think you need to be 16. Btw I am a teenager ;)

today
20-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Yes they should should.

It says its "aimed" at teenagers it doesnt say "its only for teenagers" thus everyone is welcome but the main target is teenagers.

Thanks (:

jrh2002
20-10-2007, 02:10 PM
It says its "aimed" at teenagers it doesnt say "its only for teenagers" thus everyone is welcome but the main target is teenagers.

Thanks (:

Habbo did have quite a high number of older habbos in the past but people with similar views to earthquake's made lots leave by abusing them on habbo/fansites like they were all some sort of freaks or sexual predators.

:eusa_clap

HotelUser
20-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Habbo did have quite a high number of older habbos in the past but people with similar views to earthquake's made lots leave by abusing them on habbo/fansites like they were all some sort of freaks or sexual predators.

Indeed. I remember a few years ago when the majority of users were over 16. Now we have users as young as 8 playing the game.

When I first read this thread, I wasn't convinced that an exclusive forum was needed. But having read a thread today, it changed my opinion. A thread that began by giving some facts, turned into a thread which changed topic, and criticized older players. According to the thread if you are 20+ you shouldn't be playing Habbo anymore :S. So do we all quit playing at a certain age? Perhaps we should all quit at 16 or 18? Leave all the younger players to fend for themselves?

A high number of the MODs on Habbo began playing long before they were 18 and chose to apply previously to become Hobbas and since then to become moderators, they understand the game from every aspect. Now it seems to me that some younger players lack any appreciation of the fact that older players are probably more experienced players, and will therefore have a greater understanding of the game, something quite important that they can pass on to younger players.

I wasn't going to enter into an arguement in that thread, but I did find that quite a few posts were disrespectful to others, and this is what made me realise an exclusive forum for 'maturer' members may well be a good idea :)

That looks like an interesting thread, where is it located?

Varta
20-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Good idea, I should of thought of that :P

But, you've got to admit, there are also some 16+'s too that act immature like some younger players, so it should basically be called the 'Mature Forum'

Galaxay1
20-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Varta, you should read the full thread in future. :)

HotelUser
20-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Good idea, I should of thought of that :P

But, you've got to admit, there are also some 16+'s too that act immature like some younger players, so it should basically be called the 'Mature Forum'

If you've read the rest of the thread you will see that we do think it should be called a mature forum :P. In my very first post I explained the test to get in is based on maturity not age.

Varta
20-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Hmmmm...

A thread with 10 pages?

I just didn't have the time :) But good idea, hope they take this into concideration

Earthquake
20-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Hmmmm...

A thread with 10 pages?

I just didn't have the time :) But good idea, hope they take this into concideration
Go to options and make it 40 posts per page.

HotelUser
20-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Hmmmm...

A thread with 10 pages?

If you're going to suggest something it is always a good idea to see if somebody else has already suggested it. But I suggested it in my very first post that we judge on maturity not age so in this case it's not that you didn't read the rest of the posts that mattered, it was the first post that had the idea in it.

nvrspk4
21-10-2007, 05:45 AM
I believe I pmed you telling you somebody(and you know who) told me I wouldn't get a job because you don't like me. If you're referring to the thread Ross made on how it said he was fired but he wasn't. All I said was I think the announcement saying he resigned should say he resigned and that he wasn't making a fuss when he made that thread. Oh and you told me you wern't bias and would hire people you didn't like, you don't want me to agree with you :P?

Actually you posted on the forum saying I unfairly denied Ross a trial that *someone* forgot to give him and tried to get him in mid trial where I said it was half over anyway. But I think we're past that so no use quibbling in the past :P

Actually its very easy for us, if it was a usergroup, to set a simple query to search for "UG: Mature Forum" AND "1 Infraction / Warning Point". I could bring up a list of all of them in under 10 seconds. Removing them might take longer depending on how many there are, but its fairly simple. It would be done weekly perhaps, but it would still be done.

Personally I don't think its even the age thing that drives people away. Its the rapidly shifting maturity level of the game and its community. Not only are people over 18 driven away, a lot of mature 16 year olds are discouraged by the childishness and are forced away, creating a downard spiraling community.

This too is very true. But I still believe that too much of an emphasis is being made throughout the thread. The fact is that the majority of Habbos that are 18+ are mature, but there are some immature ones, and there are experienced but young players.

Welcome to the HabboxForum of today. A lot of the members here are decent, but some create a less-than-perfect atmosphere.

(I am such a pessimist :()

Yes they should should.

Just because someone has a main market does not mean its the only market. I don't know if you have them in the UK, but Uggs and Crocs are aimed at women. But men wear them. Ok, maybe that's a bad example. But are adults not allowed to play videogames?

Haha, once again though, I think the mature younger population was slowly driven away. Even the ones who wanted to keep playing once they hit ages feel this pressure not to taboo by being on it after a certain age, because they feel a certain peer pressure that they shouldn't be on Habbo or HabboxForum anymore. I've seen it many times.

HotelUser
21-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Actually you posted on the forum saying I unfairly denied Ross a trial that *someone* forgot to give him and tried to get him in mid trial where I said it was half over anyway. But I think we're past that so no use quibbling in the past :P
To be honest I'm not exactly sure why you brought this up in the first place. I'll PM you.

Personally I don't think its even the age thing that drives people away. Its the rapidly shifting maturity level of the game and its community. Not only are people over 18 driven away, a lot of mature 16 year olds are discouraged by the childishness and are forced away, creating a downard spiraling community.
Yes, and it's disappointing.

This too is very true. But I still believe that too much of an emphasis is being made throughout the thread. The fact is that the majority of Habbos that are 18+ are mature, but there are some immature ones, and there are experienced but young players.
Yes. But as you age it is natural for your maturity level to grow. Because of the older users leaving and younger ones being encouraged to play. The overall maturity level of Habbo has somewhat gone down.

Welcome to the HabboxForum of today. A lot of the members here are decent, but some create a less-than-perfect atmosphere.

It's true. Like just recently somebody's complained with all capitals, "JR2002 DELETED MY +REPS!!!" That is totally uncalled for. Or somebody was banned for only 24 hours and they created a new account to use.

Haha, once again though, I think the mature younger population was slowly driven away. Even the ones who wanted to keep playing once they hit ages feel this pressure not to taboo by being on it after a certain age, because they feel a certain peer pressure that they shouldn't be on Habbo or HabboxForum anymore. I've seen it many times.
There's nothing we can do about that :eusa_wall.

MissAlice
21-10-2007, 01:36 PM

I'll be honest as long as I can remember there have always been members that deliberately try to create what you call, a less-than-perfect atmosphere, and I may not post very often, but I do view the forums mainly without signing in ;) so for me it's still the HabboxForum it was when I first joined, just a lot more members :P. It's inevitable that as the forum has grown there will be an increase in such members. Having said that I don't think it's got worse. So don't be a pessimist ;)

Most members here are decent, but sadly there are still some disrespectful and immature ones.

So maybe it is time for HabboxForum to reward respected members with an exclusive forum or something else for those that are worthy ;)

Perhaps then, those that are less-than-perfect will be encouraged to be a bit more respectful to everyone :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!