PDA

View Full Version : Rare Values System

lolwut
14-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Uh yeah, I wanna code something that people might actually use, and a Rare Values System was the first thing I though of, as there aren't nearly as many of them as there are DJ Panels or News Panels.
Would be SQL/PHP.

Just wondering who would use it and who feels like lending a hand to help me out on this?

I'd be needing people to compile a zip of images of rares/seasonals/posters/sports/supers etc.

Any ideas for things that should be in it, post below.

I've already got ideas like "Last Rare Value Edited", "Last * Rares Gone Down", "Last * Rares Gone Up" and pagination. Also, maybe "Add Rare" for admins only or something.

NOTE: I haven't actually started this, as I'm waiting to see what the reaction will be, 'cause it'd be wasted coding if no ones is gonna use it.

RedCrisps
14-10-2007, 08:06 PM
why don't people just download prject rare values instead =]

lolwut
14-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Cause mines gonna be better. Maybe.

VPSwow
14-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Project Rare Values is good but could be better so maybe ask if you can work on that or do the same sort and add more stuff to it.

lolwut
14-10-2007, 08:56 PM
...or do the same sort and add more stuff to it.
Yhyh, that's what I'm gonna do.
I haven't seen a demo of PRV but does it to Last Value Updated and stuff like that?

RedCrisps
14-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Yhyh, that's what I'm gonna do.
I haven't seen a demo of PRV but does it to Last Value Updated and stuff like that?

io don't think it does, actually habbome.com uses project rare value but i ent sure =]

VPSwow
14-10-2007, 09:26 PM
No it doesnt.

timROGERS
15-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Hola,

If you want, you can use some of my PRV code if you'd like to, I don't mind if you do some work on it.

Tim

lolwut
15-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Hola,

If you want, you can use some of my PRV code if you'd like to, I don't mind if you do some work on it.

Tim

Oo, yeah, PM me the code or the .zip or whatever you prefer.
I figure it's pointless me doing it from scratch because people have said how good PRV is and it'd be pointless work.
Do I have to get Danny/Luckyrare's permission to redo it?
+ All I'd do would be add "Last Value Updated" and basically the same things Habbox has.

>ed.

Luckyrare
15-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Yes you do need to get my permissions but I will allow you to change it, aslong as tim is happy with that.

If a credit page was in it, tims and mine name would be expected.

lolwut
15-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Yes you do need to get my permissions but I will allow you to change it, aslong as tim is happy with that.

If a credit page was in it, tims and mine name would be expected.

Well obviously you'd get credit.
Have you got a copy of it you can PM me? 'cause I can't find it anywhere to download.

Luckyrare
15-10-2007, 07:25 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/62784548/prv.rar.html

Thats the only files I have of the project, I think that is with the licence system. You can remove that with a few basic file edits.

lolwut
15-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Got it, am installing now.
FAIL. Product Key.
Can I just use sket for it?

lolwut
15-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Sorry, couldn't edit.
I've just made some changes to the nav, and some little things, then I'm gonna do the big stuff.
Btw, I removed the Licencing System, seen as it goes to a 404 page to check for the licencing. (:
EDIT: Decided to write all my changes in a Changelog file, for no apparent reason.

timROGERS
16-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Good luck :) Have fun :P

lolwut
17-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Last Value(s) Increased/Decreased is harder than I thought. Still enjoying it though.

Trigs
17-10-2007, 08:45 PM
What is Project Rare Values and where do I get it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!