PDA

View Full Version : Minor GTA4 multiplayer info

Neil
14-10-2007, 11:36 PM
"Set for 2008's second quarter, GTA IV was also missing, but Rockstar's man on the scene told Ga*****xcellence that they had begun testing the various plots and that the developers were considering the possibility of having an open world completely unlocked from the start of the game. We also understand that the game's multiplayer mode, unseen in the GTA franchise since GTA2 in 1997, is aiming for at least 16 simultaneous players, with more than just the usual deathmatch mode."

Source (http://www.gta4.tv/article/783019/minor-multiplayer-details/)

*WARNING* - The link above contains minor swearing

mangle
15-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Cool , should be interesting having multiplayer in a GTA :)

Aflux
15-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I read that somewhere on xforums I think.

I'm guessing Saints Row-esque.

Fez
15-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Sounds very innovitive

Neil
15-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Yea, hopefully it'll be a bit more interesting that Saints Row was online, hopefully being able to have a few more people playing while on free roam :P

Fez
15-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Yea, hopefully it'll be a bit more interesting that Saints Row was online, hopefully being able to have a few more people playing while on free roam :P
Reminds me of Crackdown

mangle
15-10-2007, 03:40 PM
I know it would lag like HELL but if R* managed to find some way to have 100 people on a server without it lagging that would be a killer team deathmatch

Andeeh
15-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Test drive done it.
Why cant GTA :p

Neil
15-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Test drive done it.
Why cant GTA :p

Test drive only actually had like 8 people in a server, but Liberty city IS big enough for that type of game, like if they sectioned the game into large squares and each square was like a different server, not one you had to load to go onto but one that's just open after exiting another part of the city, so if you want you can call you friend and arrange a meeting place and do whatever xD
They can do it if they get a decent server up like MTA and have everyone exploring the world at once though

Aflux
15-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Test Drive was, esentially, an MMOR so that's what it concentrated on; GTA concentrates more on single player.

Neil
15-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Test Drive was, esentially, an MMOR so that's what it concentrated on; GTA concentrates more on single player.

Only because online multiplayer wasn't a huge feature on the PS2

Ashley 12344
17-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Looks good. The multiplayer on San Andreas was crap, couldn't move more than 5 metres away. Hopefully an online version will be good.

GommeInc
19-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Test drive only actually had like 8 people in a server, but Liberty city IS big enough for that type of game, like if they sectioned the game into large squares and each square was like a different server, not one you had to load to go onto but one that's just open after exiting another part of the city, so if you want you can call you friend and arrange a meeting place and do whatever xD
They can do it if they get a decent server up like MTA and have everyone exploring the world at once though
Or they can simply have multiple servers with a full map of Liberty City . When you go into multiplayer, you log-in to, lets say server 5 and somewhere else in the world someone logs in and they go to server 19. Having the full city would be better than a little square, you'll have more to mess around with and good car chases.

Neil
19-10-2007, 11:17 PM
It's ok, it wont be MMO style, but Rockstar said it will be fun and it will tie in with the single player, so what I assume that means co-op, maybe you can call your friend and he'll show up in a cab or something xD

---MAD---
19-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Oo, interesting. Multiplayer in GTA sounds good but I am not sure how it would work.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!