PDA

View Full Version : 16th October '07 - LootShare!

DJ-Vimto
16-10-2007, 09:56 AM
This week we have added an extra feature to the Clan Chat system: LootShare! By switching this option on, all monster drops and rewards will be fairly shared between the clan members fighting with you. LootShare even remembers if you were unlucky enough to receive nothing in a battle, increasing your chance of being lucky next time!

Because it is based on the existing Clan Chat system, setting up a group is simple. To activate it, turn on the LootShare option on your Clan Chat menu. You can organise yourselves into a LootShare clan beforehand, or you can invite people to join your chat channel in any multiway area. Once organised, you can chat to your friends using the Clan Chat system and work out tactics for defeating any brutish beasties!

The Clan Chat owner can set the minimum rank for anyone wishing to LootShare in a multiway combat area.

After two minutes, LootShare will become activated and you will be included in the sharing of the monster drops. As long as you are within 16 squares of the defeated creature, you will be considered for LootShare!
To get a better understanding of the LootShare system, we advise you to read the Knowledge Base article, here (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?guid=controls_clan_chat).

Summary

Ability to share monster drops and rewards with your clan
Fair and even LootShare in multiway areas
Just turn 'LootShare' on in your Clan Chat menu!

In other news...
The ring of life has had its behaviour slightly modified. It will now remove any poison that you may have been affected with as well as its usual effects.

A few seagulls on Karamja were getting a bit stuck. They can once more fly freely around this lush area.

The Hunter pitfall trap has had some tweaking to fix a graphical problem for certain camera angles. Also, the gnome scarf and the Fletching Cape of Accomplishment have been altered to fix render issues.

White knights have been re-trained to hold swords correctly and not hit themselves on their heads!

The ambient sounds of magic trees have been somewhat toned down and adjusted so the result is a less intrusive and more pleasant magical jingle.

A change has been made to the mechanics when a player is killed by a monster. Your items will remain on the ground only visible to you for one minute should you wish to run back to recover them. After that, anyone nearby will be able to see them. Previously, if a player died to a monster the items were appearing instantly for everyone.

been looking forward to the lootshare thing :)

:Delirium
16-10-2007, 10:07 AM
this sounds really good because i was just about to go to mage bank speccing noobs with xligit and he would be tbing, now we can share loots! very good updates!

Galaxay1
16-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Nice find :]

Evolution
16-10-2007, 10:13 AM
this sounds really good because i was just about to go to mage bank speccing noobs with xligit and he would be tbing, now we can share loots! very good updates!

It doesn't work on PK'ing :P

Baller
16-10-2007, 12:54 PM
It only works on monster drops.
Not pking lol :)

Sly
16-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Oh least now if you die whilst cooking at rogues den you can tele back and get ya stoof.

Slore
16-10-2007, 05:09 PM
The ring of life thing too.

At least you'll be safe now as you just wont die from poison as soon as u get teled

:Delirium
16-10-2007, 07:27 PM
oh rofl! ok i understand now :P

TonyBest
17-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Nice Find, still dont understand the loot share yet but ill figure out soon

DJ-Vimto
18-10-2007, 08:03 AM
To those that dont understand how lootshare works, i'll try and word it in a way that you might understand better:

say you go to one of the major monsters thats in a multicombat area, for example the KQ or KBD, here is what happens:

- you and your partner/team kill the monster
- if the drop is a stackable item, and you were within 16 squares of the monster when it died. you will get some of them, as well as your partner or the rest of the team.

if say you and a friend were at KQ and the drop was 500 mith arrows, and you were both within 16 squares of it upon its death. then theres a good chance that you will get 250 arrows each. or something like that anyway.

if you are unlucky and dont get anything at all for a drop. you will be much more likely to get something next time round.

also, i have just read the knowledgebase guide on it. and it actually gives you a message in the chat box when you or your partner or anyone in your team gets a drop. this in my opinion is great because now theres no way of lying about what the drop is =).....unless you are not on a lootshare world :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!