PDA

View Full Version : Can we hold comps in VIP subforum?

Matty
22-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Well can we? I would give someone the chance to win 1 month vip.

Mr.Kylee
23-05-2005, 06:06 AM
34. Do not run competitions in any of the forums - Habbox is not responsible for handing over prizes for competitions run my members. Therefore if a member wants to run their own competition they are only allowed to do so by contacting the Habbox Assistant Competitions Manager.

^^
I think that's clear enough. ;D

:-Mystical.Dave-
23-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Ask Competition Staff:
MissAlice, Kroziun, Spectate, Janeh, cally-star!

Jacko2kn3
23-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Ask Competition Staff:
MissAlice, Kroziun, Spectate, Janeh, cally-star!

When ask Competition staff when kyle has just told Travellers the answer? :S

:-Mystical.Dave-
23-05-2005, 04:06 PM
34. Do not run competitions in any of the forums - Habbox is not responsible for handing over prizes for competitions run my members. Therefore if a member wants to run their own competition they are only allowed to do so by contacting the Habbox Assistant Competitions Manager.

^^
I think that's clear enough. ;D

MissAlice
23-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Firstly, the answer is no, as already said.

But good news :) If you wish to have a competition run in your honour, then why not have it run in the Habbox Competitions For Members Sub-Forum. Here we can monitor it, make sure members abide by the rules and ensure the prize is personally delivered. All you have to do is come up with an idea for your competition, although you may already have one. You can then sit back and relax and watch the entries. I am sure Spectate (Assistant Competitions Manager) would be more than happy to help you.

I hope this now clears things up for you :)

skiddymark
23-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Why can't they have their own competitions? another idiotic habbox rule. You're not going to be responsible no, travellers is.

MissAlice
23-05-2005, 08:26 PM
It's for very obvious reasons that Habbox don't allow members to run their very own competitions. Lets say for example we allowed it okay? and there was 30 or so running, and for whatever reason/excuse a winner didn't get paid their prize. Imagine the prize was something like a full set of Parasols. Where will the finger be pointed? Who will they winner turn to for their prize? How would you deal with this problem? Do you really think everyone can be responsible to pay up? What if they were banned on habbo? How will they pay up? All we are trying to do is prevent that type of situation from happening. Habbox hasn't failed to pay any competition winner. Could you guarantee the same for every member that ran a competition?

skiddymark
24-05-2005, 03:20 PM
What if they don't want the hassle of asking. Why would they do it if they were banned on habbo? and if they did its not scamming because no one loses. The finger will be pointed at the person who started the competition. Put it in your rules that you are not responsible for habbo run competitions in sub forums and if domeone tries to complain just put one of your little auto messages that makes you sound like a robot like this for example:

Habbox is not responsible for member run competitions in any of the sub forums

Etc etc

MissAlice
24-05-2005, 03:42 PM
How much hassle is it to ask for a competition to be set up and run for you? Surely not a lot!!!!!!! There is far more than a small amount of hassle that would be done by Habbox staff creating the competition for the member. You also failed to see my point. I said what if they were banned. This could occur at any time while a competition was being run. Why would anyone who was banned already run a competition? Unless of course they were having a competition just for the fun of it, and possibly creating those that entered it a lot of frustration after many hours work.

micky.blue.eyes
24-05-2005, 04:55 PM
skiddymark, you say nobody loses, but the people who enter do lose something, something called time, they put alot of effort in for example an alt for an alt competition, they worked 3 hours on that alt and it's perfect, they probably win but the competition runner says he/she doesn't have to prize because he/she is hacked, banned or needs the furni himself/herself. The people who entered will be very angry and this can lead to a fight on the forum. People might swear and get banned only because somebody didn't hand in the prize.

I'm sure most people can understand the situation, but there are always people who make a big fus about it.

Hope you see what I'm trying to say and that you understand MissAlice now.

If you want a competition, pm any competition staff and they will post your competition when you gave them the prize. :)

micky.blue.eyes

properclone
24-05-2005, 06:36 PM
The answer is explained in the rules, to avoid spam. Thread closed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!