PDA

View Full Version : personal statements

hobo
17-10-2007, 07:39 PM
anybody else applying to uni this year?
if so, wanna share your personal statement? :P

i've written one but it is most definitely a first draft, it's crap and I have no idea what to write.

Elliott$
17-10-2007, 07:42 PM
nah im in year 9

Dom¿
17-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Umm uni?? do you mean collage or are you at a six form school
umm basically you have to promote your self say where you are from etc. give a rough or acurate account of your gcse results or if not your perdicted grades :D

Hope that help'ed a little :D

Jazza
17-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Umm uni?? do you mean collage or are you at a six form school
umm basically you have to promote your self say where you are from etc. give a rough or acurate account of your gcse results or if not your perdicted grades :D

Hope that help'ed a little :D

*college *sixth *accurate *predicted

If he's applying to university he'll know what to put and 'predicted grades' wouldn't be on there.

I've started my UCAS this year and I'll be applying next year. At the moment I'm looking at Leeds university.

msb.
17-10-2007, 08:27 PM
nope in year 10 :S

dannyisnotamazing
17-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Gotta do one this year, in next few weeks for college app.

Yoshimitsui
17-10-2007, 08:31 PM
I have to do one! Still getting around to it!

Barmi
18-10-2007, 03:59 PM
I had all my stuff sent off last Tuesday (9th) IIRC. It's a big relief that the forms and personal statement are out of the way, but one university in particular is asking for "supplementary information" before I get word of an interview date.

Your personal statement usually doesn't include mention of specific grades... there are allocated places for those in your UCAS/university form and reference. Just make your personal statement as unique and as true to yourself as you can.

Energizer
18-10-2007, 04:02 PM
*college *sixth *accurate *predicted

If he's applying to university he'll know what to put and 'predicted grades' wouldn't be on there.

I've started my UCAS this year and I'll be applying next year. At the moment I'm looking at Leeds university.

*she's *she'll

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!