PDA

View Full Version : Online relationships - Right or wrong? - [Closes 19/11/07]

---MAD---
19-10-2007, 03:16 PM
With more and more people using the internet, relationships online are increasing rapidly with many people even getting married with partners they meet online.

Do you think online relationships are right or wrong?

Happy debating!

Mrchins
19-10-2007, 03:18 PM
right, i suppose.
for dating agency's as say they're a joner in rl, it's an easy way to meet up with people

whoooosh
19-10-2007, 03:21 PM
a purely online relationship isnt a proper relationship

Mrchins
19-10-2007, 03:23 PM
yes, but if they meet in real life, it is surely?

jesus
19-10-2007, 03:30 PM
i say let people do what they want, if they are gonna make mistakes they will learn from them and if they dont make any mistakes good on them

GommeInc
19-10-2007, 04:04 PM
If they meet up, then it is a relationship if their 'online relationship' carries on. If they don't see each other for a length of time, it is still a loving relationship if the commitment is there.

It is right. It is only wrong if you have multiple relationships or you have no feelings back towards them.

EverSteve
19-10-2007, 04:31 PM
I have met someone online, we met irl and we are still meeting up every 2 weeks, and its been about 3 months since we first met. So yep online relationships can work.

However if your soft like i am, it might not work depends how easily hurt you get. Its hard having just a relationship and especialy if your hiding it like I have to [cuz im dating a lad obv], so we can't kiss in public and its hard saying bye etc.

lAdmire
19-10-2007, 07:29 PM
I think that people can do whatever you want BUT, I would never marry, date, meet anyone I have got to know through the Internet. Seriously.

Mrchins
19-10-2007, 07:30 PM
like it'd be

where'd you two meet.
the internet

Lycan
19-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Love can work whatever the situation :)

Mrchins
19-10-2007, 07:36 PM
yes, i suppose.
but imagine what i said?

Energizer
19-10-2007, 07:36 PM
habbo relationships are the best tbh

Mrchins
19-10-2007, 07:37 PM
yeah - i agree lol :)

Uwe
19-10-2007, 07:45 PM
If you don't agree with online relationships then please leave this forum, Habbo and every other chat site as all you are saying is that you can't feel for anyone online. Thus, meaning you can't make friends.

Mrchins
19-10-2007, 07:48 PM
no, it means you don't believe in online love?
i don't really see how you can feel something for a person who you don't even know - or even a pixel!?

,Jess,
19-10-2007, 08:23 PM
I think online relationships can work, Once you actually meet someone in real life it becomes a real relationship and is as valid as any other relationship, just what I think. I'm not sure about how serious you can get with just an Internet based relationship and with not meeting the person, that I think is different.

CrazyColaist
20-10-2007, 05:05 PM
depends

How old
how

If you don't agree with online relationships then please leave this forum, Habbo and every other chat site as all you are saying is that you can't feel for anyone online. Thus, meaning you can't make friends.

acept someones oppionons idiot.

Edited by mat64 (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude to other forum members.

MrGazet
20-10-2007, 05:09 PM
well it might work but not for me thou..

iluv2spam
20-10-2007, 06:32 PM
IMO, they can work and should, i dont see why it should matter were you meet as long as YOUR happy, dont give a crap about other people, but in some cases it will **** up,
Eg, Telux and Llippy. KEK. Anyone know if he got sent to jail? :<

So yer its right,

''If theres a soulmate for everyone'' What does it matter how you find them? qq

jesus
20-10-2007, 06:34 PM
IMO, they can work and should, i dont see why it should matter were you meet as long as YOUR happy, dont give a crap about other people, but in some cases it will **** up,
Eg, Telux and Llippy. KEK. Anyone know if he got sent to jail? :<yer he did, i know his current 'girlfriend'

iluv2spam
20-10-2007, 06:39 PM
yer he did, i know his current 'girlfriend'

Off the interwebs? Thoose pics of manda were good tho tbh xD

jesus
20-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Off the interwebs? Thoose pics of manda were good tho tbh xDwhat pics?! pm me :eusa_whis

Redmoon Evil
20-10-2007, 06:45 PM
i think meeting people online is right then goin on dates irl like people from myspace but goin out with somone on habbo who you've probabil neva heard the voice of or seen their face that is wrong

iluv2spam
20-10-2007, 06:51 PM
what pics?! pm me :eusa_whis
He made a site with nude manda pics but police took it down when he got arrested

jesus
20-10-2007, 06:57 PM
He made a site with nude manda pics but police took it down when he got arrestedand you didnt save them?!

lolll er own fault for sendin em rly

iluv2spam
20-10-2007, 06:58 PM
and you didnt save them?!

lolll er own fault for sendin em rly

nope :< made me laugh

Nixt
20-10-2007, 08:41 PM
A relationship that is based solely on the internet is neither right nor wrong, it simply won't work. In my opinion, require a considerable element of physical contact to be a true relationship and the internet does not provide this contact.
Meeting someone online, deciding you like them and meeting with them on a regular basis and building a relationship from there is of course right and it will work. The internet is becoming a place where people make friends and build relationships, there is nothing wrong with it.

GommeInc
20-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Some long distance, online relationships work. You hear about them every now and again, where a woman in South Africa for example meets up with her online boyfriend every month or so who lives in another country.

21-10-2007, 02:55 AM
I don't see a problem with it, I just would'nt do it myself.

GhostFace-
21-10-2007, 04:42 AM
Wrong. i cba my whole explanation. pm me if u wanna hear it though..

Agesilaus
21-10-2007, 12:39 PM
I believe internet relationships can work out if the goal of the relationship is to meet in real life. The only problem with that is the vast range of Internet relationships age wise is incredibly big. If you look at online virtual chat rooms, such as HabboHotel or instant messengers, meeting people on the internet through communication especially in non-moderated chat rooms, there is a risk to that. The person might not be who they say they are. Whilst gaining your trust to "love" them who are behind closed doors, they could lead you out of the boundaries of safeness on the internet if you are not careful enough. But, online safety is a point I will not go too far into.

On the more positive side to online dating, I must say that there has been an awesome amount of positive feedback. Adults who are looking for one to love and care for can get what they want. There are special sites which help them to meet the right person in real life and it can go well.

As far as keeping the relationship on the internet is, there are restrictions and as Garion has pointed out in his reply:

In my opinion, require a considerable element of physical contact to be a true relationship and the internet does not provide this contact.

I agree with that point, the internet does restrict the amount of interactions you can carry out. The relationship can still stand to a certain extent. Another problem with keeping a restricted relationship is that if the couple who are involved in the relationship could go out of control and the want to meet that person in real life, and I'm not saying that is going to happen to everyone but if so, that needs to be looked at carefully. I would suggest, depending on age and the usage of what site you met the person, should it be considered to carry out the proper procedure of a relationship over the internet to meet them in real life. I would never suggest any user on HabboHotel or any other virtual chat rooms with safety restrictions because of age matters actually go ahead and meet them in real life to get the full feel of a relationship.

From what I know about this forum, I do believe people have a right to stay whether they believe in online relationships or not. Just because you may believe in online relationships does not mean everyone else has to believe in it. They can still feel for another person or be friends with them. There are options, and of course you can feel for someone on Habbo or any other chat site, because even though you might not see who they really are, there is a person behind that screen who does have feelings, who does feel pain, and who can care for other people. Without the real person there to control the Habbo, the Habbo will not be able to move. And the principal is the same with any other online communication devices.

To the point for people who do not believe in relationships, I'm pretty sure most of them can say that they can still make friends and are not trying to say anyone can't, there are levels. A relationship is different to a friendship in the context that it is used. You don't have to be in a relationship to become friends with someone.

You
21-10-2007, 12:40 PM
If they're both happy then its fine.

Ramones
21-10-2007, 02:17 PM
i think most the time it's for people who can't get a girlfriend or boyfriend in real life because they have no confidence or whatever, they can act like someone totally different over the internet but then if it does come to meeting up i doubt it will work because people act alot differently over the internet and real life. Of course i'm just talking about habbo teenage lovers, when it's like adult dating agencies it probably can work, two sad people get together. yay

Immenseman
21-10-2007, 03:55 PM
I reckon if both of the people are happy with it then they should be allowed to act how they want. Even if they don't meet up but they're both cool with it then I don't see how it effects anyone else.

Daphne,
21-10-2007, 10:33 PM
It depends. Personally I don't think that it is totally normal, but that all depends on the situation. If it is on say... an online game such as Habbo, I'm not for the idea. I think that it is wrong and is removing kids from the outside world. But then, if it is just two thirteen-year-olds who are just say "hey, love you" to each other, then it's pretty harmless.
Some people meet the love of their life on the internet, and good for them.. but 70%-90% of people you talk to on the internet aren't what/who they claim to be.

A bit risky if you ask me.

Jazza
21-10-2007, 11:10 PM
It depends, if they people meet somewhere like Habbo then it's very sad but sometimes it can be good.

There's a girl I've been talking to for about 3 months now, we met in a chatroom and hit it off and I'm spending christmas with her. I think that's fair enough as it's going somewhere but if it's a 'relationship' just for the sake of it then there's no point.

Throne Sofa
22-10-2007, 12:05 AM
I don't agree on like having a girlfriend on the internet as a serious one. Like you go on webcam and audio and speak to them daily, say you love them etc.
If it's just one like habbo, it's fine IMO as it's just for the fun of it.

-Soph-
22-10-2007, 04:17 AM
If they meet up then I can see it working.

Like, online.. for example, someone is 45, they broke up with their husband, they probably are/think they are too old to go and meet someone, just like that.
so resorting to the net is probably the easiest thing.
I can see it working.

Mikkaoz
22-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm currently in an on-line relationship. The only reason I am is because my girlfriend moved back to the USA, and I don't get to see her much until next year, the fact I love her and she loves me is enough to keep me going. :)

I'd say, anyone thinking of it. Try to see eachother once (if you can) before you dive into the deep end.

Kross619
22-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Yeah, it could lead to all sorts of stuff with a murderer killing people that he meets on the internet, but for some people, it's a lifeline to them otherwise they would have no chance of meeting a partner.

alex 1889
22-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Yes if they get pass the whol;e *REMOVED* stage it could work. But theyd need to know what each other look like and talk to each other alot and meet up at some point.

Edited by Chekykarl (Forum Moderator): Do not use inappropriate language or abreaviations.

Virgin Mary
23-10-2007, 12:45 AM
I don't care for them but feelings are feelings. Married people with disabilities might not be able to have physical contact but the feelings are still there.

Sabbath
23-10-2007, 03:36 AM
In my opinion an online relationship is too risky. You can never trust anyone online, as the photos they give can be someone else. You never know, and never will know inless you meet them in R/L, by that time you could be too late. It could be some creepy guy that rapes you.

d3re
23-10-2007, 04:08 AM
With more and more people using the internet, relationships online are increasing rapidly with many people even getting married with partners they meet online.

Do you think online relationships are right or wrong?

Happy debating!

*Removed*

Edited by Nick- (Forum Administrator): Do not post inappropriately.

CrazyColaist
23-10-2007, 08:28 PM
tbh its still discusting depending who where and how.

Pyroka
23-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Right now, I'm in a 'e-relationship' with a girl I met on the internet probably at the start of summer. I seriously think I've fell in love with her as we both believe that on things like MSN, you get to talk to the personality behind the person, as there is no environment or uncomfortable feelings while talking (which may be encountered face2face). In about 2-3 weeks time, I'm actually meeting up with her and I don't think I'll be able to leave her after the day.

Basically, I think they're ok if you know what you're doing and if you are responsible enough to know between right and wrong of an e-relationship. This means you shouldn't really strip or describe sexual acts on MSN via webcam/typing, as you never know whos on the other end... But I never have done that anyway, as it's just way too risky and well, with the amount of expose sites nowadays you'd be pretty screwed hehe.

There is the risk of it being a 65 year old drunken man with a divorced relationship and 5 children all starting jobs in the garbage industry, but sometimes when you know it's right, you really have to follow your heart about it. It's reccomended you go with parents too, which is what I'm doing as she lives far away (for the first time I'm meeting her of course). Her parents are going too, so we'll both get to know eachother and expand on a healthy relationship of trust and love.

Really, they're right if you know what you're doing. :)

Antony
24-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Right now, I'm in a 'e-relationship' with a girl I met on the internet probably at the start of summer. I seriously think I've fell in love with her as we both believe that on things like MSN, you get to talk to the personality behind the person, as there is no environment or uncomfortable feelings while talking (which may be encountered face2face). In about 2-3 weeks time, I'm actually meeting up with her and I don't think I'll be able to leave her after the day.

Basically, I think they're ok if you know what you're doing and if you are responsible enough to know between right and wrong of an e-relationship. This means you shouldn't really strip or describe sexual acts on MSN via webcam/typing, as you never know whos on the other end... But I never have done that anyway, as it's just way too risky and well, with the amount of expose sites nowadays you'd be pretty screwed hehe.

There is the risk of it being a 65 year old drunken man with a divorced relationship and 5 children all starting jobs in the garbage industry, but sometimes when you know it's right, you really have to follow your heart about it. It's reccomended you go with parents too, which is what I'm doing as she lives far away (for the first time I'm meeting her of course). Her parents are going too, so we'll both get to know eachother and expand on a healthy relationship of trust and love.

Really, they're right if you know what you're doing. :)

I agree. You can really get to know someone without having to stare at them, go out places. MSN has it's advantages but e-relationships also have their disadvantages. Most of them are long distance, or ot within the same city as one another so it involves a lot of traveling which after time can become frustrating...

I totally agree with your 1st paragraph their :)

Jaiisun
25-10-2007, 05:50 PM
I met my girlfriend on the internet.
We go out every weekend.

She only lives a train, then a bus away.

We've been together for 10 months.
proof, enough?

NightVision
26-10-2007, 05:11 PM
It can be right but sometimes it can be wrong ;)

buttons
26-10-2007, 05:28 PM
For younger kids it's just sad, most of them just want to be able to say "LOOK, I HAVE A BOYFRIEND." For teenagers its absolutely pathetic!! They should be going out & get rl boyfriends/Girlfriends.

Someone mentioned something about "you get to talk to the personality behind the person." Sorry, but it just wont work this way, call me shallow but I'd NEVER have a relationship with an "ugly" person ;)

Yeh, i've been out with like 2/3 guys that weren't drop dead gorgeous, but they were funny, even if I met a funny person online, I just wouldn't ever think of a relationship with them.

I do admit e-dating like 3 people, all from hxf LOLOLOL, but yeh. idk, yhyh.

older people, yeh there usually fat amercicans so they can just go get married frm da nets init fnx xoxox

Incorrect actually. We are just pointing out we can't fall 'in love' with someone over the internet, but you can still love your friends online & offline.

Jazza
26-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Incorrect actually. We are just pointing out we can't fall 'in love' with someone over the internet, but you can still love your friends online & offline.

You are clearly a shallow person with no understanding of love so who are you to judge what people can and can't do.

GommeInc
26-10-2007, 06:43 PM
I think you can learn more about a person online anyway. Because you don't spend most of your time staring and you have unlimited resources, you can find out what they like and share interests by finding links etc to pages online.

WarezKid
26-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Wrong. i cba my whole explanation. pm me if u wanna hear it though..

same as him ;/

i do mine tommrrow or something

Jamesy
27-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Wrong, especially if you are this man
http://www.abendblatt.de/media/pic/000/158/15837v1.jpg

Fez
27-10-2007, 09:22 PM
I have to say right.

I've known somebody online for about 1 year, we both agree to never see each other in real life , but we just have so much in common. The strangest thing is, he's from Holland, but jeeze I relate to him a lot, he's sort of the brother I never had, we sort out each other's problems and just talk about anything except ''PIXPLZ'' ''KKCAMONPLZ''

Jamesy
28-10-2007, 11:29 AM
On a more serious note - Right, I know many people who I have never met and they are all pretty cool. If it wasn't for one girl I would never have found my own music to like :D

However, on the otherside there is pedo's etc. But to be honest. Unless you are braindead you would never meet up with someone you didn't know if you had never seen their face live (not a picture)

YellowParasol
29-10-2007, 07:02 PM
i say let people do what they want, if they are gonna make mistakes they will learn from them and if they dont make any mistakes good on them

I agree

luce
30-10-2007, 07:53 AM
THERE RIGHT

End of story!

Lol well you can still love someon online!

I have few times so much that i went over to england to meet him HES AWSOME

RandomManJay
30-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Its right up to a point, but if you do meet in rl it may not be the same experience you had online. Also I feel that a better relationship begins face to face and not over a computer screen.

Cixso
30-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Who ever has experienced love will know that there is no right or wrong with online dating.

It's how you feel both physically and mentally.

Who ever says that it is impossible to fall in love online do not know what love is.

Love can be achieved anywhere and anyhow.

Stephen
31-10-2007, 11:50 PM
I actually think its good that people have e-relationships even if you don't meet up with them straight away. (aslong as you know who your talking to. Maybe send pics, go on video on msn etc)

But also I think people find it more comfortable saying their feelings for another person online without having to go face-2-face with them. And if they feel its safe and know perfectly who they are talking to, they maybe could meet up.

Next thing you know

(your name here) Junior

Originally Posted by DOWNFALL http://www.habboxforum.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=4023347#post4023347)
Yeah thats good. Lets tell everyone they can meet up with whoever they want, but hey! if they get raped, they can learn from it! :rolleyes:

lPsychic
01-11-2007, 01:55 PM
I met my girlfriend online, I live in Manchester and she lives just outside Birmingham..

We meet every 2 weeks and are together for most of her school holidays..

When we aren't together we're always on the phone or talking on the internet..

We've been together for 14 months now.. so yeah in my opinion internet relationships do work aslong as it isnt strictly over the internet.

laffin
01-11-2007, 07:05 PM
There's nothing wrong with online relationships people can do as they please.

Bethanie
02-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Nowadays more people are spending time online so more edating, unless people disagree on it.. you could be speaking to anyone really..

Madisgay
02-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Text removed

Edited by Wizzdom (Forum Moderator) - Please do not be rude or insulting towards other forum members.

joshuar
02-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Unless your going to see each other once a week I really don't see the point in it.

It's not a matter of Right or Wrong, it's more a matter of could you do it or not?

If this is a pure online relationship (no physical meeting), then I don't see what the point is at all.

WarezKid
02-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Unless your going to see each other once a week I really don't see the point in it.

It's not a matter of Right or Wrong, it's more a matter of could you do it or not?

If this is a pure online relationship (no physical meeting), then I don't see what the point is at all.

One a week it not really good enough :S

YOu dont really know the person, It just someone nwho you met of the net, Also this calls danger to many people in this world :eusa_whis

DeejayMachoo$
02-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Well i spose it its allrite if they meet up but then you have the whole pedophile thing >.<

&
03-11-2007, 06:10 PM
i wouldnt meet up with them untill i know things about them, talked to them (voice) and used cam for video or whatever.

my choice.
my responsability.
noone elses.

Stephen
03-11-2007, 08:19 PM
And remember kids, when meeting up with people on the internet always carry the following items:

Rape Alarm
Condom
Teddy bear (might get kidnapped so might aswell bring a cuddly toy)
Knife
Pepperspray
Mobile phone
Your mum

James!
03-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Yeah it can work. I met some girl on Habbo and found out she lived by me, went out with her for about 3 months :P

James!
03-11-2007, 08:32 PM
edit: sorry for double post

Edited by Wizzdom (Forum Moderator) - Please do not double post

WarezKid
04-11-2007, 11:58 AM
And remember kids, when meeting up with people on the internet always carry the following items:

Rape Alarm
Condom
Teddy bear (might get kidnapped so might aswell bring a cuddly toy)
Knife
Pepperspray
Mobile phone
Your mum

Not bad, but the knife? maybe just the pepperspray :P

EDIT: why bring mum with your comdoms :s

unless you want 3some ;/

Zuar
04-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Very wrong.
Unless your desperate..

Everlong
04-11-2007, 08:03 PM
I suppose its ok meeting someone on the internet then meeting if you know their genuine but having a relationship that is purely internet based is just pointless really.

Zak
08-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Online relationships are fine, I prefer it between when they are adults rather than children.

Also I find doing it over habbo is kind of sad.

If your on something like msn, you get to know them and meet them.. sure it could work

I prefer dating in real life however, because you never really know what the person at the other end of the internet is really like.

The Professor
09-11-2007, 06:30 PM
I think you can learn more about a person online anyway. Because you don't spend most of your time staring and you have unlimited resources, you can find out what they like and share interests by finding links etc to pages online.

I personally never "fall in love" with anyone purely due to their looks, because I know too many good looking people who have the personalities of a grumpy rock. On that basis, I would much rather have a real relationship with someone who I have got to know irl than an online relationship, but meeting someone online is no different to meeting them in a bar so I suppose it could work.

Interesting question.

Jazza
09-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I've just about got the money together to see the girl I met on the internet, Kadie. We've been talking about 4 months and we're going to be spending Christmas together, I don't see anything wrong with that.

ashLOVESMatt!
10-11-2007, 08:34 PM
no no no.

they don't work

Jazza
11-11-2007, 01:34 AM
no no no.

they don't work

Your evidence for this theory?

BlueTango
11-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Love is love. It can take its form anywhere, at any time, and any place on anything.

We cant prevent or enduce love.

So I think online relationships are 'right'

GrebSkeb
11-11-2007, 03:22 AM
i sorta agree with it but i sorta dont cuz pedos and rapist so becarfull out there id say :P

PaulDoc.
11-11-2007, 10:54 AM
I think internet relationships rely on a false sense of security and trust within another person, whom lets face it you've never met or are never going to meet. Fair enough If you don't take it seriously, However sometimes I feel that the supossed "love" you feel for an online person really is just the formation of a strong friendship and not the pang of "true love."

My major concern would be that of you don't really know if the person is who they say they are, so for all we know you could be dating someone completely different from whatever your expectations are. On the plus side though, the attraction through internet dating is that people go for personality, over look most of the time; Although then that could open up a whole new debate about people who arn't themselves.

Meh, I disagree with internet dating though I wouldn't condemn those who do so :)

Lepore
12-11-2007, 11:24 AM
It's a 50/50 Chance in my opinion.

Spy,
12-11-2007, 12:50 PM
my opinian is that its up to the person if thay wish to online date then thay can or if thay rather do it in person thay can as well

Muniflex
12-11-2007, 03:16 PM
I think people should be allowe to do what the want. I personally don't agree if you never meet them in real life. But if they meet online then get tohether face to face, where's the harm in that?

Susie Dent
12-11-2007, 11:48 PM
I know a few people who met each other off sites (faceparty etc) and are together now. I don't think there's anything wrong with meeting your partner online - it's the 21st century. The only thing I think is a bit strange is when they've never met yet consider themselves in a relationship and have cyber and stuff

Asher
12-11-2007, 11:57 PM
to expand on my previous post, i don't believe on purely internet relationships. but i do believe you can meet the right person online.

hey, i met james (bavarix) off habbo and i've been with him for 14 months

;D he practically lives with me and my folks, hah.

Susie Dent
13-11-2007, 12:01 AM
to expand on my previous post, i don't believe on purely internet relationships. but i do believe you can meet the right person online.

hey, i met james (bavarix) off habbo and i've been with him for 14 months

;D he practically lives with me and my folks, hah.
did u run away from diageoliam
its OK i dont blame you

Asher
13-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Removed

Edited by Wizzdom (Forum Moderator) - Please do not be rude or insulting towards other forum members

WarezKid
13-11-2007, 04:21 PM
You cant have love lover the "net"

You dont know them, Come on :l

2000 POST

LOSERSSS

sarey
13-11-2007, 10:06 PM
online relationships can work but because of distance, it can be difficult to maintain.
half the time, it's just a fluke or something.
but sometimes, people do meet up and persue a relationship in person.
it depends.
sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

DjZoc
14-11-2007, 12:20 AM
I don't think relationships like that would work. I personally like it when the girl is actually there for me and we are interacting. I suppose it would work if like she had to go away on business or i had to and we would reunite again. See what im saying? :]

Viruz
15-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Online relationships are a good way to meet a nice person.
Most times when you first see someone you automaticlly create an opinion of them (most times not even having to say ne thing to them).
You meet a person just by talking most of the time and you get to know what they are like on the inside.

I have had one major relationship over the net and we only broke up due to me moving to the UK.
I met her on habbo lol and she was like 'asl?' (as you did when u were yunger :P) and i sed my age and everything and she was like oh you live in Canada too then i found i lived in the same city as her just 7 miles apart.
So we went out on habbo which now i look back seem childish but was good i added her on msn and we had known each other bout 5 weeks when we decided to meet, just so you know i had already seen pics of her on msn and she was hot. I was so worried she wouldn't like me in person but when i did meet her it was grat and we got on so well. I dated her for about 6 months then had to move to the UK (yay:rolleyes:). Still talk to her but long distance dont work :(. so over all i would say that the online relationship worked for me i was just lucky we could meet :)

Jcshua
15-11-2007, 08:36 PM
It's wrong, I could be a 50 year old peado over the net pretending I'm a mear teenager.

Bonxy
15-11-2007, 11:47 PM
yes, but what about hippy and jay. Jay was habbo staff and hippy was richest on the game. Now they are married with kids ? Just luck ?

WarezKid
16-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Did that even happen?

bubble79
16-11-2007, 09:24 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with online relationships as long as both parties are adults and they both understand that people on the web may not always be who they seem, and for that reason they take it slowly and when and if they choose to meet up they do so in a public place. In fact in some ways the internet could be a v ery good place to meet people because there is none of the pressure associated with other forms of dating and if you meet up yuo at least know something about the person before.

Admittedly there are risks and of course for some people it's better to meet people face to face so I hope that internet relationships never overtake real ones, but for some people it can be the perfect way to meet people because the internet is so huge that you have the opportunity to meet people with similar interests and hobbies to yourself that you would never normally find through everday living.

Janet Snakehole
17-11-2007, 12:38 AM
It's wrong, I could be a 50 year old peado over the net pretending I'm a mear teenager.

.. well, are you? ;)
Haha.

Xarea
18-11-2007, 02:09 PM
In my opinion an online relationship is too risky. You can never trust anyone online, as the photos they give can be someone else. You never know, and never will know inless you meet them in R/L, by that time you could be too late. It could be some creepy guy that rapes you.

That would only happen to someone who is stupid. What about:

- Webcams

You can learn alot from webcams and Skype.

I think online relationships are right, and i've been in many, but they only work if you are willing to meet the person (eventually) in real life.

Smits
18-11-2007, 02:12 PM
I think theres two categories for this, theres online relationships over things such as habbo hotel, between what, 15 year olds. This i think, is wrong, it can't possibly mean anything at this stage.

Then theres places like matchmaker.com, Adults register here and look for a match, i believe this has some good about it, because i know many people of found love through this.

bubble79
18-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Yes it could be a creepy guy who rapes you and webcams don't eliminate that, as you can fake stuff on a webcam. but surely you can meet up in a public place and not go anywhere alone witht hem until you're entirely comfortable andt ehn its no riskier than a non-online relationship where you didn;t know the person

English
19-11-2007, 06:57 PM
no no no.

they don't work
that's a load of rubbish! and you contradicted yourself by backing up an argument saying how they are fine in a post on a different account!

You cant have love lover the "net"

You dont know them, Come on :l

2000 POST

LOSERSSS
something rather funny about this post. whether it's the fact you can't get women fullstop, or the fact you call people losers because you are happy about your 2000 posts. and you seem to have clocked up about 300+ posts in a few days - loser! you can get to know someone really well online in my opinion, unless they are sad enough to lie which i wouldn't see why.

online relationships can work but because of distance, it can be difficult to maintain.
half the time, it's just a fluke or something.
but sometimes, people do meet up and persue a relationship in person.
it depends.
sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.
whilst i agree with your opinion, i don't quite get what you mean by "half the time it's just a fluke or something".

yeah because you could pretend you were a mere (not mear, fool) teenager but have you ever heard of webcams? or skype? this is the 21st century!

Soy
19-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Depends if you actualy know the person or not and know if its not the same sex as you... unless you like it that way :P

WarezKid
19-11-2007, 08:40 PM
something rather funny about this post. whether it's the fact you can't get women fullstop, or the fact you call people losers because you are happy about your 2000 posts. and you seem to have clocked up about 300+ posts in a few days - loser! you can get to know someone really well online in my opinion, unless they are sad enough to lie which i wouldn't see why.

Ermmm, wth about the posts? tbh :rolleyes:

Lepore
20-11-2007, 02:57 AM
I honestly think Online Relationships work only if there is Honesty and True Bliss.
I've Met someone really special over the Net.
I would never have thought to have Fallen "head over heels" as some may call it.

If you want a Online Relationship to work out. (in my opinion) Meet up. Take the time though to get comfortable etc etc.

You have to be willing to wait. When that Special moment comes it will be the best day of your life.

Swinkid
20-11-2007, 08:40 PM
I honestly think Online Relationships work only if there is Honesty and True Bliss.
I've Met someone really special over the Net.
I would never have thought to have Fallen "head over heels" as some may call it.

If you want a Online Relationship to work out. (in my opinion) Meet up. Take the time though to get comfortable etc etc.

You have to be willing to wait. When that Special moment comes it will be the best day of your life.
second that. i met one of my gf's online and ilasted with her for oooo atleast 2 years

@K
20-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Depends, if you go see them every now and again right, but otherwise, wrong.

Samishlol
20-11-2007, 10:40 PM
It's not wrong because it could work

Ugawa
21-11-2007, 04:22 PM
it could work but it could be dangerous, what if they meet and someone gets hurt

XX
Nia

bubble79
21-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Every relationship involves some sort of risk of you getting hurt, and if you meet in a public palce with someone you meet on the internet then theres no more danger of getting hurt, physically or emotionally, than if you meet in real life. Obviously some sort of caution does need to be used, but the internet can and is a good way of meeting people you may otherwise never meet so as long as you're old enough and take care because not everyone is who they say they are then the wrost thing that could happen is that you meet up with someone and they#re a really bad date :)

WarezKid
21-11-2007, 07:28 PM
This thread meant to close now :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!