PDA

View Full Version : My Sims

jeoO
20-10-2007, 03:06 PM
I got Mysims for the Nintendo Wii last week and its a really great game I didnt think it could live up the original sims games with its cartoon style but it gives the characters more of a 3D effect and they look so cute.
I cant wait to try out the DS version too.

If your a bebo member you can find out more about Mysims @ http://www.bebo.com/chaz

Tell EA what you think of Mysims @ http://www.mysimsbackchat.co.uk
Win a copy of the game @ http://www.mysimscomp.co.uk and enter 0184

GommeInc
20-10-2007, 03:22 PM
I think the original Sims 2 has more of a 3D effect than MySims...

CrazyColaist
20-10-2007, 03:30 PM
mysims is better than the sims 2. its somthing different

Neil
20-10-2007, 03:32 PM
mysims is better than the sims 2. its somthing different

Hardly different, seems to be pretty much the same as Animal Crossing but with humans instead of animals, it will not last as long as the first or second sims games =/

Homesrfan
20-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I've heard that MySims is all building stuff and not much social stuff.

GhostFace-
20-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Hardly different, seems to be pretty much the same as Animal Crossing but with humans instead of animals, it will not last as long as the first or second sims games =/

I Agree. i think its a good game but wont outlive ' Sims ' & ' Sims 2 '

GommeInc
20-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Yep, that's right. There is some social to it, like dancing and talking to Sims who will tell you something etc and you can interect with objects differently than The Sim 2.

Neil
20-10-2007, 07:30 PM

What about the DS version because I heard that you can build a house of your own in that version?

Neversoft
20-10-2007, 09:37 PM

Err, yes it is different. If it's pretty much the same as Animal Crossing then how is it the same as Sims 2 anyway? :rolleyes_ Sims and Animal Crossing are completely different. You like saying how long things will last don't you, but in all honesty, you have no idea. MySims could be a major success. It's done pretty damn good so far.

Fez
20-10-2007, 09:48 PM
The reviews of this are good, proberly getting it for DS

Btw is Sims 2 Castaway heading to DS?

CrazyColaist
20-10-2007, 09:51 PM

you dont create your own furni on sims 2?
you dont get evanses?
you dont get people do move in?
you dont exactly have a town on sims2
there are shops discos arcades etc on mysims

animal crossing is totally different its about putting your town up coz its really rubbish and you pay your house debt your house gets upgraded.

with mysims you expand the town into different area's meet new people new shops new furniture etc.

Neil
20-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Err, yes it is different. If it's pretty much the same as Animal Crossing then how is it the same as Sims 2 anyway? :rolleyes_ Sims and Animal Crossing are completely different. You like saying how long things will last don't you, but in all honesty, you have no idea. MySims could be a major success. It's done pretty damn good so far.

When the hell did I say it was the same as the sims 2?
And it will not out live the sims and the sims 2 because it will get boring, yes it may be good now because it's fun but it people still play the sims now, and probably will be playing the sims 5-10 years from now, I doubt may people will be playing MySims 10 years from now :rolleyes:

you dont create your own furni on sims 2? On the PC you can?
you dont get evanses? What the hell?
you dont get people do move in? Yes you do lol
you dont exactly have a town on sims2 No you have like a neightbour hood that's probably way bigger than that town
there are shops discos arcades etc on mysims Expansion packs give you loads of stuff like that?

animal crossing is totally different its about putting your town up coz its really rubbish and you pay your house debt your house gets upgraded.

with mysims you expand the town into different area's meet new people new shops new furniture etc. - That is EXACTLY the same thing :rolleyes: in MySims yes you are doing it a different way but you're still trying to make your town better, that is EXACTLY what you do in Animal crossing, and even that has multiplayer lol

Neversoft
20-10-2007, 11:16 PM
When the hell did I say it was the same as the sims 2?

Right here... :rolleyes: You said MySims and Sims 2 are hardly different then go on to say MySims is like Animal Crossing but AC is totally different to Sims 2, so how can that make MySims and Sims 2 alike if you're comparing MySims to AC.

So basically, you didn't say Sims 2 is the same as AC, but you said MySims is the same as AC and said MySims is also hardly different to Sims 2. You are being very contradicting of yourself.

Hardly different, seems to be pretty much the same as Animal Crossing but with humans instead of animals

And it will not out live the sims and the sims 2 because it will get boring, yes it may be good now because it's fun but it people still play the sims now, and probably will be playing the sims 5-10 years from now, I doubt may people will be playing MySims 10 years from now :rolleyes:

Shows how much you know then don't it. Which is nothing by the way. Seriously doubt you can predict the future and I seriously doubt that just because you don't like MySims and think it'll get boring, doesn't mean everyone else does. Yeah, sure people will play Sims 2 for a few more years, but it'll be the same case for MySims aswell. But according to you, people will stop playing MySims because you think it's boring? I think Sims 2 is boring but people still play that. Fill me in please, I don't quite see how this works. :rolleyes: People continue to play games for years, thats why people buy games instead of renting them. :rolleyes_ As I said before, In all honesty, you have no idea. What you say makes no sense. You can't possibly speak for everyone when you say MySims will get boring. None of us are you, mate.

EDIT: Hang on a minute. Earlier you said MySims and Sims 2 are hardly different, but you're saying MySims is boring but Sims 2 isnt? Huh? Explain?

You
20-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Right here... :rolleyes: You said MySims and Sims 2 are hardly different then go on to say MySims is like Animal Crossing but AC is totally different to Sims 2, so how can that make MySims and Sims 2 alike if you're comparing MySims to AC.

Shows how much you know then don't it. Which is nothing by the way. Seriously doubt you can predict the future and I seriously doubt that just because you don't like MySims and think it'll get boring, doesn't mean everyone else does. Yeah, sure people will play Sims 2 for a few more years, but it'll be the same case for MySims aswell. But according to you, people will stop playing MySims because you think it's boring? I think Sims 2 is boring but people still play that. Fill me in please, I don't quite see how this works. :rolleyes: People continue to play games for years, thats why people buy games instead of renting them. :rolleyes_ As I said before, In all honesty, you have no idea. What you say makes no sense. You can't possibly speak for everyone when you say MySims will get boring. None of us are you, mate.

EDIT: Hang on a minute. Earlier you said MySims and Sims 2 are hardly different, but you're saying MySims is boring but Sims 2 isnt? Huh? Explain?
and you say all i do is argue? :rolleyes:

Sly
20-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Am gonna borrow the ds version of my friend lucy when she has completed i think cos i don't think its worth buying tbh looks goodish but i will get bored of it easily.

Neversoft
20-10-2007, 11:30 PM
and you say all i do is argue? :rolleyes:

Look at my posts you moron. I've been on for two days only this week and have hardly posted and my other post above is about the only argumentive one I've done.

Hang on a minute, why am I explaining this anyway. I never even said all you do is argue. I said I don't come on here to argue. But this is the console games forum, and you can't get away with it here. Everyone has different opinions I'm afraid.

Now, if you don't mind I'd appreciate it if you stop provoking my every post and take your split personality elsewhere.

Neil
20-10-2007, 11:38 PM

So basically, you didn't say Sims 2 is the same as AC, but you said MySims is the same as AC and said MySims is also hardly different to Sims 2. You are being very contradicting of yourself.

I NEVER said anything about Sims 2 until I said that MySims will not outlive it? and no I can't predict the future but it still wont outlive it, Sims and Sims 2 will last long because they haven't got a story, they are just simulators that you can build up on, MySims has a story and you can't really build up on it, just create new things and even that WILL get boring, and I highly doubt Mysims has as many players as any of the normal sims games
I'd really like to know where you're getting some of the things I'm apparently saying, maybe you should go on page 1 and actually read it :rolleyes:
MySims is exactly like Animal Crossing expect from various features they both may have unique, and animal crossing is like sims 2, you don't create the look of your character as easily and you don't build the house yourself but they're pretty much the same thing
Now please give me an exact quote or even link the post that I actually said the sims 2 and MySims were the same

Neversoft
20-10-2007, 11:48 PM
I NEVER said anything about Sims 2 until I said that MySims will not outlive it? and no I can't predict the future but it still wont outlive it, Sims and Sims 2 will last long because they haven't got a story, they are just simulators that you can build up on, MySims has a story and you can't really build up on it, just create new things and even that WILL get boring, and I highly doubt Mysims has as many players as any of the normal sims games
I'd really like to know where you're getting some of the things I'm apparently saying, maybe you should go on page 1 and actually read it :rolleyes:
MySims is exactly like Animal Crossing expect from various features they both may have unique, and animal crossing is like sims 2, you don't create the look of your character as easily and you don't build the house yourself but they're pretty much the same thing
Now please give me an exact quote or even link the post that I actually said the sims 2 and MySims were the same

spongebob said that mysims is something different than sims 2, then you replied saying that they were hardly different!

OK!? ARE YOU WITH ME? DID YOU BOTHER READING MY OTHER POST?

I'd really like to know where you're getting some of the things I'm apparently saying, because I haven't actually once mentioned anything about sims 2 outliving mysims. Yet you keep bringing it up. Maybe you should go on page 1 and actually read it. :rolleyes:

You obviously have finally noticed what you said, as you changed your post around abit, now you're saying AC is also like Sims 2? What the hell, dude... AC is nothing like Sims 2 and it's not exactly the same as MySims either. Also you're saying Sims 2 doesn't get boring because it is a simulation and that it is like Animal Crossing. But you also said Animal Crossing is exactly the same as MySims, but you said MySims isnt a simulation. Thats basically saying MySims and Sims 2 are the same. Dude, you're just getting confusing now. Make up your mind. Is MySims the same as AC? Is sims 2 the same as AC? Are MySims and sims 2 alike or not? Etc...

Sly
20-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Omg who cares your making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

Neil
20-10-2007, 11:52 PM
spongebob said that mysims is something different than sims 2, then you replied saying that they were hardly different!

OK!? ARE YOU WITH ME? DID YOU BOTHER READING MY OTHER POST?

I'd really like to know where you're getting some of the things I'm apparently saying, because I haven't actually once mentioned anything about sims 2 outliving mysims. Yet you keep bringing it up. Maybe you should go on page 1 and actually read it. :rolleyes:

Oh I see where you're confused, he said "it's something different" as in it's like a new idea, a new type of game and that's it's unique and I said it's hardly different because it's the same as Animal crossing

I also have to agree with Marcus, you seem to get alot of arguments in the console games forum going on

Sly
20-10-2007, 11:53 PM
I THINK IT'S ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME AS HALO 3

Neversoft
20-10-2007, 11:58 PM
Oh I see where you're confused, he said "it's something different" as in it's like a new idea, a new type of game and that's it's unique and I said it's hardly different because it's the same as Animal crossing

I edited my last post, please have a look again. What you said is just confusing...
And if you're saying MySims is hardly different because it's the same as Animal Crossing then what the hell? In your post just now you said Animal Crossing was like Sims 2 aswell as MySims... :S So that kills everything you've said and brings us back to square one.

I also have to agree with Marcus, you seem to get alot of arguments in the console games forum going on

Links to recent arguments please. :)

Neil
21-10-2007, 12:04 AM
I edited my last post, please have a look again. What you said is just confusing...
And if you're saying MySims is hardly different because it's the same as Animal Crossing then what the hell? In your post just now you said Animal Crossing was like Sims 2 aswell as MySims... :S So that kills everything you've said and brings us back to square one.

Links to recent arguments please. :)

I have no recent ones because like you said you've hardly been on but I know you've been in them

And what I mean is he was saying MySims is like a unique game, but it's like Animal Crossing with the same sort of task, and environment (just alot larger I assume)
And Animal Crossing is like Sims just not a simulation itself, you have to work, build up money to make your house look better and get new furniture, it may not be like the sims in the sense you have to look after your character by feeding it, making sure it uses the toilet and has showers but it's the same sort of idea, just less features

Neversoft
21-10-2007, 12:12 AM
I have no recent ones because like you said you've hardly been on but I know you've been in them

Hmm, first you said I 'start them off' but now I've only 'been in them'? Links please?

And what I mean is he was saying MySims is like a unique game, but it's like Animal Crossing with the same sort of task, and environment (just alot larger I assume)
And Animal Crossing is like Sims just not a simulation itself, you have to work, build up money to make your house look better and get new furniture, it may not be like the sims in the sense you have to look after your character by feeding it, making sure it uses the toilet and has showers but it's the same sort of idea, just less features

That doesn't really answer what I said but I'm just gonna leave this now.

Sly
21-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Yer just ignore me then because you know i am right.

GommeInc
21-10-2007, 01:08 AM
I wouldn't say The Sims 2 and Animal Crossing similar, they are more different than they are similar. One is a 'Role Playing' game and the other is a 'God Game'. MySims is like the two combined. You remove the god and replace it with the role play genre. It's like saying Halo 3 is like GTA:SA, both games you shoot at people but one is similar to a war game while the other is a gangster/role play game.

21-10-2007, 02:37 AM
Haven't played MySims yet but I think I would like it becuase I have like every single other Sims game. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!