PDA

View Full Version : Lost Planet Goes PS3

Fez
20-10-2007, 03:56 PM
It'll include everything from the 360 version, plus the extras from the PC version

Linky (http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/lostplanet/news.html?sid=6181279&mode=all)

Technologic
20-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Ooh yay L:D

Fez
20-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Ooh yay L:D
Indeed

Lost Planet was fun on 360, not very fun, but maybe with the new content on a console, maybe it could be awesome fun.

Neil
20-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Indeed

Lost Planet was fun on 360, not very fun, but maybe with the new content on a console, maybe it could be awesome fun.

I liked it on the 360 but you lost alot of the full experience because of lack of xbox live, they have 3 map packs on the marketplace for this, I donno if that's the content you're talking about though?

Fez
20-10-2007, 08:47 PM
I liked it on the 360 but you lost alot of the full experience because of lack of xbox live, they have 3 map packs on the marketplace for this, I donno if that's the content you're talking about though?
PC got all those packs for free, so they'll be free for us, and extra main campaign chapters

Neil
20-10-2007, 08:49 PM
PC got all those packs for free, so they'll be free for us, and extra main campaign chapters

No because you'll still be paying more for the game then they did xD

Fez
20-10-2007, 08:52 PM
No, the extra Xbox Live packs were on the PC disc. It's already been confirmed that the PS3 version is a PC port.

Neil
20-10-2007, 08:53 PM
No, the extra Xbox Live packs were on the PC disc. It's already been confirmed that the PS3 version is a PC port.

Yes but you're still paying more for the game than the PC people did

Fez
20-10-2007, 08:56 PM
How though?

Oh wait...

I getcha

Neil
20-10-2007, 08:56 PM
How though?

Oh wait...

I getcha

Lol, yea, they pay like no more than £30 for the game and PS3 games are what...£50 new?

Technologic
20-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Yes but you're still paying more for the game than the PC people did
Yes but it's compensated by not having to pay for the PSN. So i think it's a fair..w/e the word is

Fez
20-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Lol, yea, they pay like no more than £30 for the game and PS3 games are what...£50 new?

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga will be £30

I'm guessing Lost Planet PS3 at £40 though

Price differs at different stores

Neil
20-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Yes but it's compensated by not having to pay for the PSN. So i think it's a fair..w/e the word is

Thing with PSN is it's free, which means no huge things for you, no MSN, I think you can surf the internet but it's still on a console so it'll be terrible compared to a PC
I'd rather pay £40 (which is nothing really) and get a decent online experience, which IS what I get with xbox live really, PS2 and PSP online are horrible and I don't see PS3 being far off
So we benefit much more by paying for online gaming because it's done alot more professionally, xbox live wouldn't be as good as it is now if it was free

Fez
20-10-2007, 09:05 PM
What's the difference between Live and PSN anyway? We get games, demos and everything you get even if it is a little late.

Plus PS3 just started, they might introduce a messaging program like MSN that can connect to MSN users.

The internet browser is also 'alright' about a 7/10 'alright'.

Technologic
20-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Thing with PSN is it's free, which means no huge things for you, no MSN, I think you can surf the internet but it's still on a console so it'll be terrible compared to a PC
I'd rather pay £40 (which is nothing really) and get a decent online experience, which IS what I get with xbox live really, PS2 and PSP online are horrible and I don't see PS3 being far off
So we benefit much more by paying for online gaming because it's done alot more professionally, xbox live wouldn't be as good as it is now if it was free
Actually the browser on the PS3 is quite fast. And we can still im each other without the need for msn. The network is being increasingly improved because more and more servers are being added

Fez
20-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Actually the browser on the PS3 is quite fast. And we can still im each other without the need for msn. The network is being increasingly improved because more and more servers are being added
Indeed

and people are saying the EU PSN store is bad, but we're getting a mega update next month to bring in everything the US Store has.

The network hasn't been on as much as Xbox Live, even early 360 users must reckon the service stinked at first.

Neil
20-10-2007, 09:18 PM
What's the difference between Live and PSN anyway? We get games, demos and everything you get even if it is a little late.

Plus PS3 just started, they might introduce a messaging program like MSN that can connect to MSN users.

The internet browser is also 'alright' about a 7/10 'alright'.

I'm not 100% sure on whether you get all the stuff we do, we get different arcade games every wednesday, normally 2 new ones, I donno if you get new content like maps and stuff for your games or not but we get that which now sometimes comes with new achievements (yes they're pointless at the moment but they push you into playing the game like you wouldn't of done before)

Donno I don't see the point, my consoles and PC are all in the same room, I have my PC on all the time and I sit at my PC desk when playing so I don't really see the point in console browsers anyway xD
And since Sony make bugger all through the online service I highly doubt you'll get a huge amount of features

Indeed

and people are saying the EU PSN store is bad, but we're getting a mega update next month to bring in everything the US Store has.

The network hasn't been on as much as Xbox Live, even early 360 users must reckon the service stinked at first.

Yes but sony have had 3 consoles with internet capability, PSP, PS2 and PS3, 3 chances to make it good, PS2 wasn't bad but it was hell to set up and it was kinda pointless, I've not played PSP games online so I donno how it goes but I find the connection kinda slow because it's wireless, and on the 3rd attempt it still doesn't seem very good, it's what you expect when they don't charge for it really, Microsoft had one chance before the 360, it may not of been perfect but it was there first console and it was still very popular even then, they've improved with the 360 and now it's tons better than anything, even better than PC in my opinion, but that's because I prefer console games because the graphics are better and I prefer to use a controller
Sony have had chances to make PS3 better online, it is probably better than PS2 but it's still not that good

And I was just wondering, the following things;

Doesn't PSN have, downloadable content for games (e.g. maps, characters etc..)
A friends list and messaging system
And online rankings for (at least the better online games)

Technologic
20-10-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm not 100% sure on whether you get all the stuff we do, we get different arcade games every wednesday, normally 2 new ones, I donno if you get new content like maps and stuff for your games or not but we get that which now sometimes comes with new achievements (yes they're pointless at the moment but they push you into playing the game like you wouldn't of done before)

Donno I don't see the point, my consoles and PC are all in the same room, I have my PC on all the time and I sit at my PC desk when playing so I don't really see the point in console browsers anyway xD
And since Sony make bugger all through the online service I highly doubt you'll get a huge amount of features

Yes but sony have had 3 consoles with internet capability, PSP, PS2 and PS3, 3 chances to make it good, PS2 wasn't bad but it was hell to set up and it was kinda pointless, I've not played PSP games online so I donno how it goes but I find the connection kinda slow because it's wireless, and on the 3rd attempt it still doesn't seem very good, it's what you expect when they don't charge for it really, Microsoft had one chance before the 360, it may not of been perfect but it was there first console and it was still very popular even then, they've improved with the 360 and now it's tons better than anything, even better than PC in my opinion, but that's because I prefer console games because the graphics are better and I prefer to use a controller
Sony have had chances to make PS3 better online, it is probably better than PS2 but it's still not that good

Doesn't PSN have, downloadable content for games (e.g. maps, characters etc..)
A friends list and messaging system
And online rankings for (at least the better online games)

Downloadable content, demos, Playsation one game [can be transferred to psp] video and game trailer, messaging system, you can talk using headsets, friends lists and yes a online rakings :]

Neil
20-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Downloadable content, demos, Playsation one game [can be transferred to psp] video and game trailer, messaging system, you can talk using headsets, friends lists and yes a online rakings :]

A huge improvement to that poor excuse of an online they gave PS2 then :P

You can transfer PS1 games to the PSP with the PS3?

Fez
20-10-2007, 09:31 PM
I
1Sony have had chances to make PS3 better online, it is probably better than PS2 but it's still not that good

2Doesn't PSN have, downloadable content for games (e.g. maps, characters etc..)
3A friends list and messaging system
4And online rankings for (at least the better online games)

1. Have you actually played PS3's PSN? Just wondering

2. Yes, we get all of them usually weekly on Thursdays

3. Yeah, it works well too, you can have your own little comment for everyone to see and it also shows what your playing at that moment

4. We have online rankings for EVERY online game, including Resistance, Warhawk, Motorstorm and others.

I'm not 100% sure on whether you get all the stuff we do, we get different arcade games every wednesday,normally 2 new ones,
I donno if you get new content like maps and stuff for your games or not
but we get that which now sometimes comes with new achievements (yes they're pointless at the moment but they push you into playing the game like you wouldn't of done before)1. Yeah, we do get all the stuff you get, Bethesda are working on getting Shivering Isles to us for FREE. We usually get stuff later than you but that's just because Xbox Live is more profitable

2. Yeah, we got Spider-Man 3 New Goblin Character a couple of weeks back, plus 3 MotorStorm and 1 Resistance map, track and vehicle packs.

3. It may be copying, but soon enough we will get Achievements in the form of trophys, instead of having to scroll down a gazillion times to find your friend's ''Beaten Fontaine'' achievement, this time, you can take the trophy and show it off in HOME

Also I haven't played PS2 or PSP online so I dunno about those, all I do know is that PSN will be as good as XBL someday

Yah, Crash Bandicoot can be transfered to PSP or just played on your PS3.

Technologic
20-10-2007, 09:32 PM
A huge improvement to that poor excuse of an online they gave PS2 then :P

ahuh :]. Ps3 has a psp memory card slot or you can use the usb cable.

Oh yeah, you can also share photos with your friends ,set up a media server or turn your PS3 into a dedicated serer for some games

Neil
20-10-2007, 09:34 PM
1. Have you actually played PS3's PSN? Just wondering

2. Yes, we get all of them usually weekly on Thursdays

3. Yeah, it works well too, you can have your own little comment for everyone to see and it also shows what your playing at that moment

4. We have online rankings for EVERY online game, including Resistance, Warhawk, Motorstorm and others.

1. Yeah, we do get all the stuff you get, Bethesda are working on getting Shivering Isles to us for FREE. We usually get stuff later than you but that's just because Xbox Live is more profitable

2. Yeah, we got Spider-Man 3 New Goblin Character a couple of weeks back, plus 3 MotorStorm and 1 Resistance map, track and vehicle packs.

3. It may be copying, but soon enough we will get Achievements in the form of trophys, instead of having to scroll down a gazillion times to find your friend's ''Beaten Fontaine'' achievement, this time, you can take the trophy and show it off in HOME

Also I haven't played PS2 or PSP online so I dunno about those, all I do know is that PSN will be as good as XBL someday

Yah, Crash Bandicoot can be transfered to PSP or just played on your PS3.

Never gonna happen xD

I think HOME is pointless really, if I get a PS3 I probably wont bother with HOME because it seems like to much of a waste of time and another way for sony to grab more money of you

And no I haven't played a PS3 at all, I want too but I haven't, I just know PSN can't be all that great as it's free

Fez
20-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Never gonna happen xD

I think HOME is pointless really, if I get a PS3 I probably wont bother with HOME because it seems like to much of a waste of time and another way for sony to grab more money of you

And no I haven't played a PS3 at all, I want too but I haven't, I just know PSN can't be all that great as it's free
''The great things in life are free''

HOME is free, PSN is free, half the store is free, 75% of the PS3 is free.

Neil
20-10-2007, 09:39 PM
''The great things in life are free''

HOME is free, PSN is free, half the store is free, 75% of the PS3 is free.

HOME itself is free, but furniture and probably clothing on it isn't free
Games on it are not free (we get some free arcade games, not sure if PS3 does)
And all that may be free but it's a very expensive console that only focuses on he graphics of games
I'd rather pay for my online play, but at least wii and PS3 are free online, then I don't have to pay to play them online when I get them xD

Technologic
20-10-2007, 09:41 PM
HOME itself is free, but furniture and probably clothing on it isn't free
Games on it are not free (we get some free arcade games, not sure if PS3 does)
And all that may be free but it's a very expensive console that only focuses on he graphics of games
I'd rather pay for my online play, but at least wii and PS3 are free online, then I don't have to pay to play them online when I get them xD
PS3 gets starter packs more than anything. Like lemmings, super rub a dub and flow. They have starter packs, then you buy the full game

Neil
20-10-2007, 09:42 PM
PS3 gets starter packs more than anything. Like lemmings, super rub a dub and flow. They have starter packs, then you buy the full game

Are starter packs trial versions of the game?

Technologic
20-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Are starter packs trial versions of the game?
more or less.

You get like the first 3 levels

Fez
20-10-2007, 09:44 PM
1.HOME itself is free, but furniture and probably clothing on it isn't free
2.Games on it are not free (we get some free arcade games, not sure if PS3 does)
3.And all that may be free but it's a very expensive console that only focuses on he graphics of games
4.I'd rather pay for my online play, but at least wii and PS3 are free online, then I don't have to pay to play them online when I get them xD

1.Furniture and clothing is optional, it's just there for you to get, and everything goes down in price now and then.

2.Sony have confirmed many PSN games that will be free

3. Having never played PS3, you can't just say that, WarHawk is immense fun and Resistance is just 'LOLZKILLUK''. The Price of PS3 has already had a price cut and will continue to do so until the day the PS4 rolls out of Sony's garage.

4. So maybe you will get a PS3? well prepare to get whoopered at WarHawk:eusa_danc

Neil
20-10-2007, 09:50 PM
more or less.

You get like the first 3 levels

Yea the 360 gets those for every single arcade game (unless it's a free full game)

1.Furniture and clothing is optional, it's just there for you to get, and everything goes down in price now and then.

2.Sony have confirmed many PSN games that will be free

3. Having never played PS3, you can't just say that, WarHawk is immense fun and Resistance is just 'LOLZKILLUK''. The Price of PS3 has already had a price cut and will continue to do so until the day the PS4 rolls out of Sony's garage.

4. So maybe you will get a PS3? well prepare to get whoopered at WarHawk:eusa_danc

Lol I AM getting a PS3, I just donno when, I don't really care about the consoles themselves, I only want the games that come on them, PS3 for Motorstorm, maybe Warhawk because that seems to be quite fun
And what's the point in HOME if you're not gonna make your apartment thing look good? xD

Technologic
20-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Yea the 360 gets those for every single arcade game (unless it's a free full game)

Lol I AM getting a PS3, I just donno when, I don't really care about the consoles themselves, I only want the games that come on them, PS3 for Motorstorm, maybe Warhawk because that seems to be quite fun
And what's the point in HOME if you're not gonna make your apartment thing look good? xD
Lool. Tbh home is just an advanced version of.. habbo.

And the game you MUST get for ps3 is MGS 4 :D

You gunna get 360 or PS3 gta 4?

Fez
20-10-2007, 09:55 PM
About 2500+ items are included in the first HOME thing, with weekly updates adding up to 100 items.

Plus only like those Ratchet ears ,shown at E3, and other gaming advertisement will be released to buy.

@Http:// He's getting it for 360

Neil
20-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Lool. Tbh home is just an advanced version of.. habbo.

And the game you MUST get for ps3 is MGS 4 :D

You gunna get 360 or PS3 gta 4?

I don't like MGS but if a demo comes out then I'll try that when I get a PS3 and see if I like it
And yea I'm getting GTA4 on the 360

About 2500+ items are included in the first HOME thing, with weekly updates adding up to 100 items.

Plus only like those Ratchet ears ,shown at E3, and other gaming advertisement will be released to buy.

@Http:// He's getting it for 360

It's a good idea but like Http:// said, it's just habbo on the PS3 with way better graphics, it sounds good and may be fun for a bit but you'd much rather play real games than play about on that xD

Fez
20-10-2007, 10:03 PM
I don't like MGS but if a demo comes out then I'll try that when I get a PS3 and see if I like it
And yea I'm getting GTA4 on the 360

It's a good idea but like Http:// said, it's just habbo on the PS3 with way better graphics, it sounds good and may be fun for a bit but you'd much rather play real games than play about on that xD
HOME will just be used for communication, that is the purpose of it.

Lol, so when are you getting a PS3? There's gonna always be a price cut every 6 months, so I'm guessing another price cut April 2008 (to accompany GTA IV)

Neil
20-10-2007, 10:05 PM
HOME will just be used for communication, that is the purpose of it.

Lol, so when are you getting a PS3? There's gonna always be a price cut every 6 months, so I'm guessing another price cut April 2008 (to accompany GTA IV)

Donno, wanna get one ASAP to get the 60Gb version but I donno, when I get one I'll be sure to get online and give you my name on it anyway so when that happens then I'll have it :P

Fez
20-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Donno, wanna get one ASAP to get the 60Gb version but I donno, when I get one I'll be sure to get online and give you my name on it anyway so when that happens then I'll have it :P
K, be sure that the massive ownage from Purple is awaiting you :P

Technologic
21-10-2007, 06:38 PM
K, be sure that the massive ownage from Purple is awaiting you :P
Ahum, i owned you thrice at warhawek and you only owned me once

Fez
21-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Ahum, i owned you thrice at warhawek and you only owned me once
Me not remember that

Was those two times in your games or someone elses?

Technologic
21-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Me not remember that

Was those two times in your games or someone elses?
You invited me to one, i invite you to two and we played on an SCEE server the fourth time

Fez
21-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Aha,

now me remembers

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!