PDA

View Full Version : Project: Forum

Tomm
20-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Hello,

Well, since UserSystem was not exactly a great hit and did not offer a lot I have decided to start a new project, but reusing some of UserSystem's code.

So, I sat there thinking for quite a while until I came up with the idea of making a PHP Forum Software. The main idea is to be free and competitive with other forum software.

As its only just started there aint that much more to say really.

The most important thing is coming up with a name, so if you have any suggestions please post below :)

Ideas
Got any ideas? Drop me a PM or post below. Ill take all ideas into account but I can't promise ill add it.

Want to help?
If you are intrested in helping out then please drop me a PM. We are currently looking for:

Graphics Designers
Your job is to create logos, layouts, images, icons or whatever the development team may need. Photoshop or equivalent skills required. Please provide examples when applying.

PHP Developers
You'll be working with other developers to implement ideas provided by the community and the rest of the team while constantly improving the system in general. High level of PHP skills required. Ability to use Subversion is also a must. Use of Zend Development Environment is a bonus.

Database Developers
Its your job to work with the PHP developers to provide them with the database backend they require. Advanced Knowledge of MySQL is a must, other database software is a bonus.

Thats all for now.

Thanks,

Tom

DeejayMachoo$
20-10-2007, 05:06 PM
I will be willing to help in this project, i have good php knolege and MySQL knolege.

Dentafrice,
20-10-2007, 10:44 PM
If anyone has any ideas, I am coding some right now and adding them to the SVN. :]

Let me know any ideas so I can work.

Tomm
22-10-2007, 03:37 PM
We are in urgent need of a Graphics Designer, if you are intrested please drop me a PM.

VistaBoy
25-10-2007, 11:19 AM
will it be encoded and if so how about a plugin system.

LegendOfNoob
25-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Ideas:
Go To PHPbbHacks and encode them to your forums standards
to make it like PHPbb where its so customizable you can make it look like vB

Names:
Tbb
TomBB
TPHPbb
tB
WowTomBB
hmm well i used up all my idea space up for today x]

Dentafrice,
25-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Ideas:
Go To PHPbbHacks and encode them to your forums standards
to make it like PHPbb where its so customizable you can make it look like vB

Names:
Tbb
TomBB
TPHPbb
tB
WowTomBB
hmm well i used up all my idea space up for today x]
Umm.. what?

Why would he want to use already coded things, when he can code them...

Jamie.
25-10-2007, 09:05 PM
:) a way to intergrate your old forum so it transfers forums.. threads.. users? would be a great hit :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!