PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Function

Boonzeet
21-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry, this is feedback afterall, I think the -rep function should be removed. Loads of new forum members treat their -rep as a toy. I have at least 100 pointless -reps which wont get removed. The straw that broke the camel's back was today, I got -repped for a year old thread. And It said dont be mean, but the post wasnt mean at all. Loads of new forum members, once they get rep, begin -rep'ing to high heavens. It really annoys me when you get really crappy comments like "PWNTTTTTTTTTT" or "ZOMG0RZ -REP" from loads of people.

I am sure that you have thought about removing it like on other forums, but I now think it is necessary. Too many nubs -repping 'because they can'.

VPSwow
21-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I think it should stay but you have to have a certain post point before you can -rep.

Such as 500 posts instead of the 50 you need atm.

mat64
21-10-2007, 05:05 PM
It's a good point really, To be honest the reputation system is probley one of the top causers of arguments on the forum. Many forums don't have the reputation system enabled for this reason or another one, Although In true honesty I can't see the reputation system getting disabled.

FlyingJesus
21-10-2007, 05:06 PM
-rep is supposed to be used as a sort of user-moderation I think: it serves to deter people from making stupid posts because as sad as it may be, people do care about their e-rep. Pointless rep will get removed as long as it is actually pointless, but if you've said something that people actually don't like or agree with then it's fair enough really.

Slowpoke
21-10-2007, 05:08 PM
I don't agree with removing the reputation system entirely but I do agree with some of the points about the -rep being quite pointless. And yes, it does get used as a toy.

I got one yesterday saying, "get a clue". It got removed. Lastly, it would save time because MODs could moderate more posts instead of running around deleteing reputation points.

Galaxay1
21-10-2007, 05:16 PM
It wont change, if you get pointless -reps report them or stop doing whatever your doing to get -reps, the whole function (reputation) wont be removed due to just you getting pointless -reps :S

You
21-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Seriously Scott, you need to get your tounge out of managements butt hole.

jackass
21-10-2007, 05:20 PM
I think it should stay but you have to have a certain post point before you can -rep.

Such as 500 posts instead of the 50 you need atm.

Lol, thats the worst idea ever.

500 posts? That'll take ages...

FlyingJesus
21-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Mmm having more posts needed before you can rep will just increase spamming.

jackass
21-10-2007, 05:28 PM
I agree with Mr Tom.

GommeInc
21-10-2007, 05:39 PM
It should stay, but only allow rep power for 'noobs' when they reach over 100 posts. The whole rep system is stupid anyway, VIP can buy their reputation which ruins the whole point of the system.

Earthquake
21-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Seriously Scott, you need to get your tounge out of managements butt hole.

Someone ******* had to say it.

Report the reputations if you think their pointless, remember you risking your +Reps to be removed ''/

jesus
21-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Someone ******* had to say it.

Report the reputations if you think their pointless, remember you risking your +Reps to be removed ''/something you seem to regularly forget, causing you to make multiple threads about it all over the forum

Earthquake
21-10-2007, 10:29 PM
something you seem to regularly forget, causing you to make multiple threads about it all over the forum

What? I report all my pointless reputation -.- I only made numerous posts because an admin was removing reputation of mine -.- Next time you would like to throw accusations at me, Get some more backup.

jesus
21-10-2007, 10:35 PM
What? I report all my pointless reputation -.- I only made numerous posts because an admin was removing reputation of mine -.- Next time you would like to throw accusations at me, Get some more backup.my backup is the 10000 threads you made/got flamed in

Earthquake
21-10-2007, 10:59 PM
my backup is the 10000 threads you made/got flamed in
What you've created to fit in I presume?

jesus
21-10-2007, 11:01 PM
What you've created to fit in I presume?as i just sed u wer the 1 who made the threads, thne got flamed in em like u are in this

nvrspk4
22-10-2007, 05:27 AM
The search function works wonders

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=362981&highlight=Negative
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=363036&highlight=Negative
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=287245&highlight=Negative

I think this argument has been pretty well covered.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!