PDA

View Full Version : LOL

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Sent to jack orton of magichabbo.net

Mr. Orton,
We appreciate your email and understand how you must feel at the moment. We have been informed by our legal team that we are legally allowed to withdraw Digital Millennium Copyright Act claims. We would be happy to withdraw the claim to your host, and remove you from the Wall of Shame.
However, this bears an administration fee of £10.00, payable via PayPal only. If you would like to follow this route, please contact me back.
Regards,
Oliver D. Scott
ClubHabbo Site Production Team
www.ClubHabbo.net (http://www.ClubHabbo.net)

jack orton sent back

Dear mr scott

after reading your email i was discusted.We are not willing to pay £10 for a game that children are supposed to have fun on.These claims are rediculors sites like habbonation.net use this timetable and they are not having the same issues.This law you say we have broken we have reserached whith our legal team and they say this is rediculous as this only applies to USA.This timetable you say we have copied can be made easly made using table.We are fully willing if you let us have the site abck to change it.

ollie sent back

Mr. Orton,
Sadly we will not be withdrawing the Digital Millennium Copyright Act claims, if you are unwilling to pay the administration free. It is also legal to ask money for this situation, as you are paying for a service. On the matter, thank you for reporting the HabboNation matter, and we will look into it.
As stated, we will not be withdrawing the claims, nor removing you from our Wall of Shame. If you decide to change your decisions, please do not hesistate to contact me.
Regards,
Oliver D. Scott

jack orton sent a email abck to them we have still not recived a reply.

"The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a United States copyright law which implements two 1996 WIPO2"

quoted from wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMCA

is this illigal what clubhabbo are doing considering none of us have servers in the usa.

We are hosted by crisphosting taht is the only reason we are suspended.

the reason i am backing this is i am a good firend of the owner and a dj at the site

Thanks dan

Edited by Tomm (Forum Moderator): Thread closed. Please don't accuse anyone of lying/scamming/hacking or any other bad things.

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 06:51 PM
And it's my site aswell, think how it must feel to have a site suspended because we made a table which looked similar, what a jiff.

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Bumping it up baby!

Edited by Yoshimitsui (Super Moderator): Please don't double post.

Jordan,
22-10-2007, 06:57 PM
well if there no law in the uk Typicly there is no reason crisphosting can suspend u and u can get Steve done

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 06:58 PM
well if there no law in the uk Typicly there is no reason crisphosting can suspend u and u can get Steve done

Thanks for your support on the matter

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Exactly, its an American Law, so please back us up. ClubHabbo's and CrispHosting's servers are based in the UK, so american laws to not count in UK Waters.

Florx
22-10-2007, 07:00 PM
What stops clubhabbo nicking stuff off other sites then claiming the othersite nicked it?

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 07:01 PM
What stops clubhabbo nicking stuff off other sites then claiming the othersite nicked it?

our point exacly we have told ch this and we are waiting for a reply we have been waiting for 1 hour now

Topps
22-10-2007, 07:01 PM
This is very low for a Habbo Fansite, I like Ollie and ClubHabbo, but asking for money, just to remove a piece of text from a page is a bit much? :(

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 07:02 PM

Exactly my point. They nicked the staff list from ThinkHabbo. Images from Habbo Hotel and Sulake.

They have also nicked backgrounds from different sites, such as HFFM. They nicked the content boxes from HFFM? Yet we have a similar HTML code, and we get suspended?

How does that work? Support please.

Also well said topps, and thank you for your support.

HOST INFORMATION

CRISPHOSTING IS HOSTED BY HOSTORBIT.COM - WHICH WE HAVE JUST FOUND OUT, BY BROWSING HOSTORBIT.COM THAT THERE SERVERS ARE BASED IN THE UK, NOT THE USA, LIKE OLLIE D SCOTT SAYS. THEREFORE, THERE COPYRIGHT TERMS (WHICH ARE AMERICAN LAWS) DO NOT EXIST. THEREFORE, THEY ARE BLACKMAILING US (WHICH IS AGAINST UK LAWS) TO GET MONEY TO REMOVE A NAME FROM THERE SITE.

ALSO FOUND IN THERE TERMS:

No bills or invoices will be sent by regular mail. All invoices will be sent directly to customers via email shortly after the online purchase has been made. At this point the customer's card will be charged automatically.
All payment is in UK sterling.

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 07:04 PM
NEW EMAIL IN

Mr Orton.
I have confirmed with Stephen Brown (the CEO of CrispHosting) that the server is located in the United States of America, meaning a DMCA claim still stands.
Regards,
Oliver D. Scott

Well on there website it lies then it says london databank

Jordan,
22-10-2007, 07:08 PM
were???

Florx
22-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Clubhabbo.net is hosed by crucialwebhost.com - USA servers.

http://whois.domaintools.com/clubhabbo.net

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 07:12 PM
yes but,This si still petty over a fansite table whitch is easy to make

Jordan,
22-10-2007, 07:12 PM
were on about crisphosting not ch

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 07:14 PM
I've just found out that

CRUCIAL WEB HOST

Are based in Canada :]

Gillon
22-10-2007, 07:21 PM
As MagicHabbo.net are hosted by crisphosting, it still is hosted on a US server

The IP Location of the server: http://img.domaintools.com/flags/us.gif - Illinois - Chicago - Softlayer Technologies Inc
(whois.sc)

This is petty though saying we need to pay £10

Xarea
22-10-2007, 07:24 PM
You aren't being very wise if you want to get unsuspended.

You stole content from ClubHabbo, we filed a Digital Millennium Copyright Act complaint because the server was in the USA. You requested us to withdraw the complaint. We would happily do so for an administration fee of 10.00 GBP, as it takes extra work for us.

There is nothing illegal nor bad about the situation.

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 07:25 PM
You aren't being very wise if you want to get unsuspended.

You stole content from ClubHabbo, we filed a Digital Millennium Copyright Act complaint because the server was in the USA. You requested us to withdraw the complaint. We would happily do so for an administration fee of 10.00 GBP, as it takes extra work for us.

There is nothing illegal nor bad about the situation.

OLLIE, YOU HAVE NO PROOF. ANYONE CAN MAKE A TIMETABLE LIKE THAT? ;L

Florx
22-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Uhh get off the thread. You forfeited that right be being a *Removed*

I would like to see you proof that you made that timetable first.

Edited by Tomm (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude towards other users.

MrCraig
22-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Just because something looks 'ripped' doesnt mean it is.

+

ClubHabbo have got content off HabboRing, you can hardly complain about people ripping.

Xarea
22-10-2007, 07:27 PM
OLLIE, YOU HAVE NO PROOF. ANYONE CAN MAKE A TIMETABLE LIKE THAT? ;L

If the host didn't think it was sufficently stolen, he wouldn't of suspended it.

Looking at the two timetables on tabs and flicking between the two shows an exact copy.

Uhh get off the thread. You forfeited that right be being a *Removed*

I have all right to post in this thread, it's a discussion forum.

And Cj555, HabboRing allow their content to be used by other fansites - we don't.

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Exactly CJ. Thanks for backing us up.

But ollie, you have no proof. It looks like it, doesnt mean it is.

Funny how Crisp Suspended it...
Jabbo didnt though did it? Its cause we are with CrispHosting

SEARCH SKATERCHU AND COME TO THE ALARM THINGY TO SUPPORT OUR NEEDS!

Tomm
22-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Still apples. Nealy all the countries are signed up to the Berne Convention so regardless of what country you or your servers are located in you are still liable to applicable copyright laws.

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 07:28 PM
[quote=Olleh;4038360]If the host didn't think it was sufficently stolen, he wouldn't of suspended it.

The only reason that we were suspended is cause it is crisphosting cause steve a clubhabbo management own it forgot to say that dident you

MrCraig
22-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Olleh, On CHForum you stated

"None of ClubHabbo's content is taken off other fansites.."

I cba finding the exact quote because my computer doesnt like CH.

So yh, lying will turn you into pinnochio.

Jordan,
This is not very good reputation for crisphosting reall i could make a timetable like that in 5 mins

Florx
Clubhabbo is not hosted by crisphosting.

And olleh if you haven't noticed most of the people on this forum don't exactly LOVE clubhabbo.

Gillon
22-10-2007, 07:30 PM
We've stated that we would remove the stolen content if we was unsuspended which is more work for us aswell.

Invent
22-10-2007, 07:30 PM
What have you suspended for?

If it was because of the timetable design (the table) then that is NOT a valid reason for a DMCA complaint to be filed under.

You can't file DMCA Complaints for tables using the same HEX colours, etc.

If it's because you used the same table and Crisptosting doesn't say in its disclaimer that it reserves the right to suspend your hosting at anytime, then you have the right to request a form of compensation :)

Gillon
22-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Atlast someone who is talking Sense, well done Simon!!!!!!

MrCraig
Clubhabbo is not hosted by crisphosting.

And olleh if you haven't noticed most of the people on this forum don't exactly LOVE clubhabbo.

or even like for that matter

or even have respect for.

ClubHabbo is like something someone has stood on.

Jordan,
Simon thank you he is right ill do some reasech on th DMCA

Florx
22-10-2007, 07:32 PM
+rep to simon and all that think this is crazy

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 07:33 PM

If it was because of the timetable design (the table) then that is NOT a valid reason for a DMCA complaint to be filed under.

If it's because you used the same table and Crisptosting doesn't say in its disclaimer that it reserves the right to suspend your hosting at anytime, then you have the right to request a form of compensation :)

Now this is from habbos best coder so i think he would know how easy it is do make.

Thanks for your support all i will try to + rep as many as i can

Brettles1

There is no proof. It just looks like it. The content box it was in was MUCH bigger, and different outline colour compared to that. Ours is green, and Jackort made the table :]

Tomm
Despite the fact that you can't really own copyright for a few bits of HTML, the Berne Convention states that you automatically get copyright and you don't even need to say its copyrighted.

Xarea
22-10-2007, 07:34 PM

CrispHosting does say it in it's disclaimer..

We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any service at our sole discretion.

And it's not just because of the table, but it's also because of the images on the page (which are the same).

We're not stupid enough to file a DMCA complaint because of a HEX colour. If it wasn't serious, it wouldn't of been suspended.

The table isn't any different - it's exactly the same, but just with the colours changed.

Invent
22-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Despite the fact that you can't really own copyright for a few bits of HTML, the Berne Convention states that you automatically get copyright and you don't even need to say its copyrighted.
Yes, I know about that.

But a HTML table with HEX colours isn't something that would count under this law.

And it's not just because of the table, but it's also because of the images on the page (which are the same).

If there were images involved and they are the same pixel by pixel. Then yeah, that gives perfect grounds for a DMCA Complaint.

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 07:35 PM
CrispHosting does say it in it's disclaimer..

We're not stupid enough to file a DMCA complaint because of a HEX colour. If it wasn't serious, it wouldn't of been suspended.

Get it right, Theres a grey outline aswell :] CH doesnt have that. The box is bigger.

Gillon
22-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Pictures? what pictures? as far i remember they're different?

Xarea
22-10-2007, 07:38 PM
If there were images involved and they are the same pixel by pixel. Then yeah, that gives perfect grounds for a DMCA Complaint.

Yes, that's what they was. Hence we filed the complaint.

Get it right, Theres a grey outline aswell :] CH doesnt have that. The box is bigger.

The box may of been 'bigger', but you still had the same images and content inside the box.

Brett, if you didn't do "anything wrong", you wouldn't of been suspended - I didn't just "ask" Stephen on MSN to suspend you, I filed a proper DMCA complaint, like I would do with any other fansite.

You broke the law, you face the consequences - just because you don't like it, doesn't mean your right.

Lilian
22-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi,

This may not be the case for your suspension. You need to submit a ticket to our support department verifying you are the account owner so that we can deal with your request. If you already have submitted a support ticket you need to PM me the ticket ID as I cannot locate the ticket to deal with it. If another member of staff has replied then you need to wait paitently.

I cannot really help much over a forum as most of this deals with personal information and client confidentiality and would brake the agreement between myself and Crisphosting.

Thank you.

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 07:39 PM

The box may of been 'bigger', but you still had the same images and content inside the box.

Brett, if you didn't do "anything wrong", you wouldn't of been suspended - I didn't just "ask" Stephen on MSN to suspend you, I filed a proper DMCA complaint, like I would do with any other fansite.

You broke the law, you face the consequences - just because you don't like it, doesn't mean your right.

Ollie, the Pictures had grey bits in it, and it wasnt copied pixel by pixel, so we havent broken the law. Get the top coder in britain, and hed proove that.

MrCraig
22-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Oh yer ol

Also noticed that your DJ Panel is Housecall.

-Files Copyright Complaint-

OMG
You used a blackish colour on your website
Another website might have used that

-Copyright Complaint-

Hayd93

excuse me the images are NOT copyright to you neither they have property of habbo hotel and sulake

Invent
Brettles, do you have a screenshot or something of the offending material? So that I can find out if Ollie was right to file a complaint or not as I'm getting a little confused.

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 07:41 PM
excuse me the images are NOT copyright to you neither they have property of habbo hotel and sulake

Exactly Dan. Plus, you don't own the copyright for CH, therefore, you are not meant to be dealing with Copyright infrigiments, it must be the lisence owner.

Yes i do invent :] Ill get dan to send it to you over Messenger

Xarea
22-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi,

This may not be the case for your suspension. You need to submit a ticket to our support department verifying you are the account owner so that we can deal with your request. If you already have submitted a support ticket you need to PM me the ticket ID as I cannot locate the ticket to deal with it. If another member of staff has replied then you need to wait paitently.

I cannot really help much over a forum as most of this deals with personal information and client confidentiality and would brake the agreement between myself and Crisphosting.

Thank you.

What she said :)

Oh yer ol

Also noticed that your DJ Panel is Housecall.

-Files Copyright Complaint-

OMG
You used a blackish colour on your website
Another website might have used that

-Copyright Complaint-

Send a complaint then, let's see how far you get - because it's not stolen.

Invent
22-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks, and if anyone doesn't understand the DMCA in full, then read: http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf

Oh and Ollie, do you have legal proof that you created the file(s) first? Because if you can't prove that you were the first person to create the file(s), then I'm pretty sure you can't win the complaint :S

mlp16
22-10-2007, 07:44 PM
This is a Stupid, And Silly Complaint. Yes it may be the law, but Why on earth? its a Timetable... Anyone could make one and change its color It's not hard, and as for asking for money i think its pathetic.

Xarea
22-10-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm not going to waste my time in this thread anymore:

:- You broke the law.
:- I reported it.
:- You got suspended.

You broke the law, and you now have to face the consequences. If you have a problem, you need to contact your host.

Lilian
As stated in my previous post. The case may not be stolen content it could be for any other reason/violating our TOS/AUP. I suggest you contact us before posting issues and problems with Crisphosting you may have.

Gillon
I think Ollie just got pwneed ;]

Jordan,
22-10-2007, 07:46 PM

You broke the law, and you now have to face the consequences. If you have a problem, you need to contact your host.

we know why becasue we r rite

Martyn
Right DJ.Martyn gonna have a little input kk?

I don't know much about hosting etc... so bare with me...

From what i can see so far, they are just picking on smaller sites and that £10 fee is ridiculous, grow up please!

Olleh also said "It wasn't just the tables, the images were the same" All images on most habbo fansites are origonal property of Sulake/Habbo arent they? So like habbos on a homepage waving or anything like that, dont belong to any fansites.

Invent has also had the most productive input

Just thought i would give my views on this, i dont know much about hosting, im jsut a dj, but there we go.

Martyn xo

mlp16

They haven't Broke the law as you cannot prove they stole it. Just because something appears the same dosen't mean it is the same. have you actually looked at bothe timetables? I have seen many sites with this timetable, if it was copied whos to say they copied from clubhabbo?

MrCraig
22-10-2007, 07:48 PM
I see your still on the thread ollie..

Invent
22-10-2007, 07:48 PM
I have seen many sites with this timetable, if it was copied whos to say they copied from clubhabbo?

Who has the power to say they copied at all? Without CH having the evidence that THEY produced the files first, there is no way they can win the complaint.

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Right DJ.Martyn gonna have a little input kk?

I don't know much about hosting etc... so bare with me...

From what i can see so far, they are just picking on smaller sites and that £10 fee is ridiculous, grow up please!

Olleh also said "It wasn't just the tables, the images were the same" All images on most habbo fansites are origonal property of Sulake/Habbo arent they? So like habbos on a homepage waving or anything like that, dont belong to any fansites.

Invent has also had the most productive input

Just thought i would give my views on this, i dont know much about hosting, im jsut a dj, but there we go.

Martyn xo

thanks martyn i could of not said it better myself + rep if i can

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 07:49 PM
But what would then £10 go to? Ollie's back pocket, or his Council Tax funds ROFL.

mlp16
22-10-2007, 07:50 PM
But what would then £10 go to? Ollie's back pocket, or his Council Tax funds ROFL.

I don't Understand why they are asking £10?

Just one Word Pathetic.

Gillon
Still doesn't resolve our suspended problem...

Jordan,
his fund because ch copy stuff of other fansites

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't know? He just wants the money i guess.

Lilian
22-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Still doesn't resolve our suspended problem...

You need to contact us (Crisphosting) I have not got any tickets from this issue therefor I cannot deal with it. The longer you take to submit a ticket the longer your suspension will last.

Martyn
22-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Someone file a ticket asap then yeh? ;)

Lilian
22-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Someone file a ticket asap then yeh? ;)

Thats not the case. This is between Crisphosting and the account holder. Any other person will not be able to deal with this.

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 07:55 PM
HALLWAY OF LOST SOULS FOR OUR RIGHTS PRIGADE.

Edited by Tomm (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Xarea
22-10-2007, 07:55 PM
The administration fee goes towards paying our staff overtime, because we have to take extra time out to withdraw the DMCA complaint.

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 07:57 PM
The thing is we do not have a clint account as the hosting was bought of a reseller and we have not been givven a account

Lilian
22-10-2007, 07:59 PM
The thing is we do not have a clint account as the hosting was bought of a reseller and we have not been givven a account

So is your host a reseller or Crisphosting because for all you know the reseller could be suspended for something else.

Xarea
22-10-2007, 08:00 PM

Then you can't get unsuspended. So really your only option is to pay the fee. :rolleyes:

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 08:01 PM
So is your host a reseller or Crisphosting because for all you know the reseller could be suspended for something else.

no ollie has told us it is our account

Lilian
22-10-2007, 08:03 PM
no ollie has told us it is our account

Ollie is not Crisphosting staff. He therefor could possibly incorrect.

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 08:03 PM
aLRIGHT OLLIE, ILL SEND OF A DMCA THINGYMIGIG COMPLAINT ABOUT CH :]

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Ollie is not Crisphosting staff. He therefor could possibly incorrect.

is tehre any other way we could sent in for a review of this then

Invent
22-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi again,

After look at the said 'offending' material, I see NO REASON why a DMCA Complaint should have been filed.

A screenshot of the material (can be found: here (http://www.magichabbo.habboseasons.co.uk/timetable.bmp)) shows that the images are different and the complaint can't be justified over images which look similar when the said images are around 20x20 Pixels. If the images were the same and even had the same filename, then I would agree that a DMCA Complaint should've been filed, but as this isn't the case, I don't agree with it.

Thanks,
Simon

Lilian
22-10-2007, 08:05 PM
is tehre any other way we could sent in for a review of this then

You really need to contact your reseller host but if you wish I can talk to the management team and we could resolve the issue.

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Hi again,

After look at the said 'offending' material, I see NO REASON why a DMCA Complaint should have been filed.

A screenshot of the material (can be found: here (http://www.magichabbo.habboseasons.co.uk/timetable.bmp)) shows that the images are different and the complaint can't be justified over images which look similar when the said images are around 20x20 Pixels. If the images were the same and even had the same filename, then I would agree that a DMCA Complaint should've been filed, but as this isn't the case, I don't agree with it.

Thanks,
Simon

thanks for looking into this for us invent. we can not thank you enough whith agreeing of what we said

Marsquake
22-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Actually it looks similar :S

Invent
22-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Actually it looks similar

Similar, yes. But as the images are so small, there can be no proof that it was copied.

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Similar, yes. But as the images are so small, there can be no proof that it was copied.

Yes this is what we ahve been campaing about they look similar but they are not as invent as proved

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Actually it looks similar :S

Yep, but images are different, colours and no codes are from CH. :]

Moh
22-10-2007, 08:12 PM
The TimeTable is from a Radio Panel made years ago, its not exactly theres lol!

Also, its illegal for them to have a link to your site without having permision due to bandwidth.

Also, images are copyright to SULAKE not ClubHabbo.

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 08:12 PM
the persons reseller we are on is
http://mars.crisphosting.net

we were givven the hosting so we do not know who this is

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 08:13 PM
The TimeTable is from a Radio Panel made years ago, its not exactly theres lol!

Also, its illegal for them to have a link to your site without having permision due to bandwidth.

Thank you Jack, My point exactly.
Habbonation have a similar timetable? What if we changed it to like that

Topps
22-10-2007, 08:15 PM
If I may add, one more opinion...

...in the Timetable linked by Invent in an earlier post, I see no link between images on ClubHabbo and MagicHabbo, or whatever the site is. I don't agree with the DMCA Complaint being filled out, yet if that is a screenie of an edited version with bew images stuck in, instead of ones that were already there and were from ClubHabbo, then they had every right to...

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 08:16 PM
If I may add, one more opinion...

...in the Timetable linked by Invent in an earlier post, I see no link between images on ClubHabbo and MagicHabbo, or whatever the site is. I don't agree with the DMCA Complaint being filled out, yet if that is a screenie of an edited version with bew images stuck in, instead of ones that were already there and were from ClubHabbo, then they had every right to...

yes we accualy made this our self we coppied no code from ch we made it our self whith help from edward nelson

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Exactly Topps

Gillon
22-10-2007, 08:18 PM
WOOO got banned of habbo for harrasment

GO MEEEE!!!!!

Edited by Yoshimitsui (Super Moderator): Please don't make pointless posts.

Brettles1
22-10-2007, 08:20 PM
LOL GILLON. XD!!!!

Edited by Yoshimitsui (Super Moderator): Please don't make pointless posts.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!