PDA

View Full Version : magichabbo.net

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 08:24 PM
ye made another thread after the other got closed we will post when we get more

Edited by Tomm (Forum Moderator): Thread closed to prevent arguments.

Andys
22-10-2007, 08:24 PM
lmao, 20 people viewing.

Anyway, Ollie posted in a post earlier about them stealing an image from the ClubHabbo website. It states on the Habbo UK website that images from Habbo UK can be used on a fansite

If you want to use Habbo graphics on your site then you have to follow a simple set of rules; The Fansite Way. Also, anything you As long aafeature on your fansite must not break the Habbo Way, or influence users to break the Habbo Way.As long as they follow those rules they can use the images.

Also, the timetable is a totaly differant colour and size, if it looked the same I would understand why you filed a complaint but it still would not be valid unless you have proof that you made it first.

Jordan,
22-10-2007, 08:25 PM
lool magichabbo is should be unsupeded legaly

Marsquake
22-10-2007, 08:25 PM
lool magichabbo is should be unsupeded legaly

Move to another host then :l

Jordan,
22-10-2007, 08:27 PM
not my site lol

Invent
22-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Ollie has told me that they also used PHP Code which was intellectually copyright to CH or the script's respective owner.

So, in that case if the PHP was stolen, the DMCA Complaint SHOULD'VE been made.

God, one minute I'm saying Ollie is in the wrong filing it, then I'm supporting him -.-

Xarea
lmao, 20 people viewing.

Anyway, Ollie posted in a post earlier about them stealing an image from the ClubHabbo website. It states on the Habbo UK website that images from Habbo UK can be used on a fansite

As long as they follow those rules they can use the images.

Also, the timetable is a totaly differant colour and size, if it looked the same I would understand why you filed a complaint but it still would not be valid unless you have proof that you made it first.

The point is, the host who suspended them, made the timetable, so he know's that it's stolen... :rolleyes:

Moh
Move to another host then :l
if they have no backups then they may have lost there files.

Andys
22-10-2007, 08:32 PM
The point is, the host who suspended them, made the timetable, so he know's that it's stolen... :rolleyes:
However, he has no proof :)

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 08:34 PM
However, he has no proof :)

exacly the guy who suspened us is part of the site taht we are supposed to have stole off so come on is taht biast or is that biast

Nli.
22-10-2007, 08:39 PM
But even if it is the same PHP Code can the claiming to be "Original" author of the file prove he or she made it. If not i can't see why the complaint was made.

I don't really know whats going on with this, but the "ClubHabbo Hall of Shame" thing is a bit pathetic afterall many people are having a dispute about some images being stole from other Habbo fansites. If so ClubHabbo and there "respective" owners are being a tad hypocritical here and should be then included in there own Hall/Wall what ever it is of shame. And by doing a simple whois search i've spotted that the site is hosted by crisphosting.

But if the complaint was actually made about the style or look of the time table, what the hell? and the complaint was acted upon and the website suspended. If so, the CEO of the Host should really get his or her head checked out. Appologies to the owner as i said he/she. Crisphosting is hosted by HostOrbit, now i know that the DMCA can only be filed if the server is in the United Kingdom. (I Think) But HostOrbit's server is Hosted in the United States of America so therefore they can't act upon any laws unless the server is in the country the law setting country, so someone if im wrong please correct me. :)

Moh
22-10-2007, 08:40 PM
1 - ClubHabbo Stole from HFFM and think they have the right to accuse other sites for copying, didnt see HFFM making such a big fuss

2 - If ClubHabbo have this PHP copyright thing, surley they wd take legal action instead of making a stupid Hall of Shame? its just saying "We give you permision to steal, but your site will be posted for public humilation".

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 08:41 PM
all being well us all argueing but we still aint un suspended

Nli.
22-10-2007, 08:43 PM
all being well us all argueing but we still aint un suspended
Move hosts then, also before any decent well respected company acts upon any complaint, they should at least do a tad research in to the complaint made before acting upon any complaint made by anyone.

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Move hosts then, also before any decent well respected company acts upon any complaint, they should at least do a tad research in to the complaint made before acting upon any complaint made by anyone.
exacly but why should we move host we have paid for hosting we have done nothing wrong

Nli.
22-10-2007, 08:46 PM
exacly but why should we move host we have paid for hosting we have done nothing wrong
Well if i were you, I would complain to the people who host Crisphosting :)

Hayd93
22-10-2007, 08:49 PM
they dont take notice

Moh
22-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Well if i were you, I would complain to the people who host Crisphosting :)
does it say anything in CrispHostings TOC?

RedCrisps
22-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Steve shouldn't even be looking through you files.

Andys
22-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Demand compensation if the conplaint falls through.

Topps
22-10-2007, 08:57 PM
I know, being a ex-DJ at ClubHabbo, that their DJ Panel is different compared to other Fansites. If MagicHabbo have chosen to steal, take or attempt to pass off any content saying it's there when it is really ClubHabbo's then Ollie had every right to do what he did.

But, this is a very stange argument, if it was me, I would change the images and re-style the TimeTable to get out of this predicement. ;)

Nli.
22-10-2007, 08:58 PM
does it say anything in CrispHostings TOC?
About being suspended without reason?

Not sure.. but i remember Invent saying in another post that they didn't and then about 10 or so minutes later Olleh posting that they do, so tbh someone could have told Steve (owner) to add it so they look like the good guys.

ScottDiamond.
22-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Steve shouldn't even be looking through you files.

He has every right to as their files are on his server space.

RedCrisps
22-10-2007, 09:00 PM
They shouldn't be allowed to do this.
i am telling sulake.

Moh
22-10-2007, 09:01 PM
ClubHabbo are using these sites bandwidth. This is illegal...

Jordan,
22-10-2007, 09:03 PM
there also putting a link to a retro

Andys
22-10-2007, 09:04 PM
You can get MagicHabbo sued for copyright because they are using your files/images without permision.

I bet your SHOUTcast isn't licenced which means you are streaming music illeagaly :)
Don't even try and say it is licenced either because it costs thousands.

RedCrisps
22-10-2007, 09:04 PM
K, lets go on my site, upload the clubhabbo layout, make my own wall of shame and put them on it. and report it to the DCMA, see how they like it!

Moh
22-10-2007, 09:07 PM
You can get MagicHabbo sued for copyright because they are using your files/images without permision.

I bet your SHOUTcast isn't licenced which means you are streaming music illeagaly :)
Don't even try and say it is licenced either because it costs thousands.
also the DJs are streaming illegal music as most of them use limewire

DeejayMachoo$
22-10-2007, 09:14 PM
last time i checked to steal php you need to be given the files as you cant just save it off a server without the filemager or ftp password?

Andys
22-10-2007, 09:15 PM
last time i checked to steal php you need to be given the files as you cant just save it off a server without the filemager or ftp password?Might have used a program called HTTACESS.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!