PDA

View Full Version : What law protects Bandwidth?

Moh
23-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Well I know theres a law which protects your bandwidth. If another site put a link to your site and people are using this then it uses your bandwidth. The owner of the website has the right for the link to be removed and if they refuse then they are breaching this law. Does any one know what law this is?
Thanks

Invent
23-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Sorry to tell you I don't think you can sue someone for having a link to your site :rolleyes:

It's not classed as stealing bandwidth I'm preeeety sure. I could be wrong, but 'ya 'no.

L!nK
23-10-2007, 01:12 PM
where did they do that send me a link

Jordy
23-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Just disable hotlinking, it's so easy in cPanel.

Moh
23-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Sorry to tell you I don't think you can sue someone for having a link to your site :rolleyes:

It's not classed as stealing bandwidth I'm preeeety sure. I could be wrong, but 'ya 'no.
Yea, to be able to link a site they need permision from the owner of the website. Its like stealing some ones wireless, your ok for connecting to there LAN but if you use there limited bandwidth then you can get in trouble

Invent
23-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Just disable hotlinking, it's so easy in cPanel.

It's not hotlinking...Then just have a link to a site.

Topps
23-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Why, wanna say something to CH about your name being on the site or something, because, it won't work because it's only a link and there's nothing bad about it...

Invent
23-10-2007, 01:19 PM
You might be able to get them to take it down if their DMCA Complaint fails, as you might be able to say it's slander against your site?

Nli.
23-10-2007, 07:59 PM
You might be able to get them to take it down if their DMCA Complaint fails, as you might be able to say it's slander against your site?
Damn you, I was gonna say that :(

rh4u
23-10-2007, 08:11 PM
no, its when they just copy and paste somthing from your website so it loads from from your site not theirs. Hence that being illegal "Bandwith Stealing".

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!