PDA

View Full Version : Jagex Staff Change: PayPal exec becomes Jagex CEO

Mikkaoz
23-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Found this on the internet:

Geoff Iddison takes over from Constant Tedder
Jagex has a new CEO, with former PayPal CEO Geoff Iddison taking the boss' chair.

He takes over from Former CEO Constant Tedder, who will remain on the board of directors. Iddison led eBay-owned PayPal from August 2003 and oversaw its global expansion.

Jagex develops and manages RuneScape, a youth-oriented browser based MMO which the studio says has over six million regular players globally, and has over 400 employees.

“I am very excited about joining Jagex. The company has built an amazing international playing community through the RuneScape game. The technology used to distribute the game and the incredible depth offered to anyone playing RuneScape makes Jagex a very different gaming company,” said Iddison.

“Jagex's mantra is to offer fun, meticulously written and deep storyline-driven online games, at a price which offers unmatched value for money. This will continue to be the basis of the future strategy for the company.”

Andrew Gower, founder and head of game development, added: “I am delighted that Geoff has joined us. His track record in e-commerce will definitely help us achieve our next level of goals.

“I, like the rest of Jagex, am excited about how Geoff will lead the business. There are many exciting projects in the pipeline and we can't wait to further improve our service and the games we offer.”

Will we see a change in the game, and the way it's run? What do you think?

Source: http://www.developmag.com/news/28689/PayPal-exec-becomes-Jagex-CEO

Swearwolf
23-10-2007, 06:48 PM
nice find +rep when i can

Coldplay
23-10-2007, 06:55 PM
I Imaigne no change.. It's just a Cheif Executive Officer.. Basically someone who earns 100k+ A year to sit and sort out petty issues and manage the company.

DJ-Vimto
23-10-2007, 07:35 PM
I Imaigne no change.. It's just a Cheif Executive Officer.. Basically someone who earns 100k+ A year to sit and sort out petty issues and manage the company.

couldn't have put it better.

i doubt there will be no major changes, though i guess we will have to wait and see

Jcshua
23-10-2007, 08:31 PM
I guess he's going to try be a "Gower"

Alkaz
23-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Ooer free mil's for everyone

Mrak-Face
24-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Will we see a change in the game, and the way it's run? What do you think?

Maybe the way it's run, but not the game content. He doesn't have any multimedia degrees, and RuneScape uses it's own coding system (RuneScript).

Besides, he's running the CEO position. He's not a game developer or lead graphics design... Nothing is going to change :P

Mikkaoz
24-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Maybe the way it's run, but not the game content.

Oh that's kind-of what I was talking about. xD

ThReAtEnEd
25-10-2007, 09:06 PM
how do we know how they run the show outside the game?

deagle
26-10-2007, 03:49 AM
Maybe they will lower the Canadian prices on membership. Seeing as how the Canadian dollar has risen above the American dollar, Canadian membership should cost less.

Eye!
28-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Maybe they will lower the Canadian prices on membership. Seeing as how the Canadian dollar has risen above the American dollar, Canadian membership should cost less.
Amen Brother

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!