PDA

View Full Version : Going on a plane

bo$$
23-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Well this winter I'm going across the country to visit some family.
We're flying there.. and I've never been on a plane.

What's it like?
Anything I should expect?
Tips?
Etc?
lol

cocaine
23-10-2007, 09:28 PM
when you takeoff, its rather fun :D

mat64
23-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Hehe It's nothing much. Just like a car journey I guess but with more waiting 'till you achually get going. Shouldn't have anything to worry about unless you discover you have a fear of flying. I myself really enjoy flying, Especially at take off and landing. It's quite a pleasant experience the first time you fly and so it is every flight afterwards. Is it a long flight your going on?

bo$$
23-10-2007, 09:29 PM
when you takeoff, its rather fun :D

Alright. I'll be looking forward to that then? :P

Energizer
23-10-2007, 09:30 PM
suck a sweet when you take off and land cuz it helps to stop your ears hurting.. a bit.

Lyca
23-10-2007, 09:31 PM
When the seatbelt sign comes off above ure head
u allowed 2 take ure belt off
oh n dont keep looking at the cigarette sign
it never turns off :(

Smiddy
23-10-2007, 09:31 PM
You lucky sod, I haven't been on a plane this year :( (Not going on holiday y'see!)

They're great fun, enjoy the trip, and suck a sweet on the take-off lol. Your ears will be worse affected on the plane, sometimes sucking a sweet can help them.

dirrty
23-10-2007, 09:32 PM
dont worry about any turbulence, just sit back and enjoy the ride. i love flying.

Naruto!
23-10-2007, 09:33 PM
I love flying. Jynx, touch wood Akeem lol.

Naruto!
23-10-2007, 09:33 PM
oops, forum lagg soz.

Energizer
23-10-2007, 09:34 PM
and if you get given seats directly in front of the toilets then it wont be very enjoyable cuz if the people in front recline then you're stuck and you've constantly got people walking past you and standing waiting beside you.

N!ck
23-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Don't worry about the little gremlins pulling parts off the side of the plane while you're flying. They can't do much damage.

No, seriously, you'll probably find it boring once you're in the air. Landing and taking off is always fun. Turbulance is nothing to worry about (no matter how bad it may seem).

Soil
23-10-2007, 09:43 PM
cos its your first time, remember to have a sick bag handy.
My cousion sat on a plane for the first time this year, he said he didnt feel anything.
Meh, i find them great. great view imo.
been on a plane around 6 times this year :] one of them lasting like 9 hours. so if its a long journey, take something to entertain urself ... or sleep.

bo$$
23-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Hehe It's nothing much. Just like a car journey I guess but with more waiting 'till you achually get going. Shouldn't have anything to worry about unless you discover you have a fear of flying. I myself really enjoy flying, Especially at take off and landing. It's quite a pleasant experience the first time you fly and so it is every flight afterwards. Is it a long flight your going on?
Lets hope I don't have a fear of flying :P
According to the great google.. my flight will be about 4 1/2 hours.

suck a sweet when you take off and land cuz it helps to stop your ears hurting.. a bit.
I shall try :)

When the seatbelt sign comes off above ure head
u allowed 2 take ure belt off
oh n dont keep looking at the cigarette sign
it never turns off :(

You lucky sod, I haven't been on a plane this year :( (Not going on holiday y'see!)

They're great fun, enjoy the trip, and suck a sweet on the take-off lol. Your ears will be worse affected on the plane, sometimes sucking a sweet can help them.
Ty
Is there anything other then that, that will help with the ears?

dont worry about any turbulence, just sit back and enjoy the ride. i love flying.
Ty

I love flying. Jynx, touch wood Akeem lol.
lool

and if you get given seats directly in front of the toilets then it wont be very enjoyable cuz if the people in front recline then you're stuck and you've constantly got people walking past you and standing waiting beside you.
Back seats are always the worst. I've taken a bus someone and there was a toilet in the back. Was very gross :)

Don't worry about the little gremlins pulling parts off the side of the plane while you're flying. They can't do much damage.

No, seriously, you'll probably find it boring once you're in the air. Landing and taking off is always fun. Turbulance is nothing to worry about (no matter how bad it may seem).

Stitch
23-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Landing and taking off are the best bits!
If its optional seating try not to sit infront of little kids they're really annoying when they kick your chair.

Smiddy
23-10-2007, 09:46 PM
umm yawning can help your ears.. I usually find anyway. But because of the length of your flight, it might be an idea just to try and suck a sweet / chew something for most of the way.
Or get ear plugs I suppose.

N!ck
23-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Oh and BTW the nearer the front of the plane you sit, the less you can feel the turbulance (if any).

jesus
23-10-2007, 09:47 PM
the best part is takeoff wen it goes like super super fast i luv that

wen u comin in to land u sumtimes go dizzy n ur ears go funny so ave sum halls soothers or sumin

av fun xxxxxxxxxx

bo$$
23-10-2007, 09:48 PM
cos its your first time, remember to have a sick bag handy.
My cousion sat on a plane for the first time this year, he said he didnt feel anything.
Meh, i find them great. great view imo.
been on a plane around 6 times this year :] one of them lasting like 9 hours. so if its a long journey, take something to entertain urself ... or sleep.

Landing and taking off are the best bits!
If its optional seating try not to sit infront of little kids they're really annoying when they kick your chair.
Yeah deffo.
I don't wanna sit in front of people that'll be kicking my seat.
Although I have a huge amount of patience when it comes to little kids (2 younger siblings) :P

the best part is takeoff wen it goes like super super fast i luv that

wen u comin in to land u sumtimes go dizzy n ur ears go funny so ave sum halls soothers or sumin

av fun xxxxxxxxxx

umm yawning can help your ears.. I usually find anyway. But because of the length of your flight, it might be an idea just to try and suck a sweet / chew something for most of the way.
Or get ear plugs I suppose.
Yeah.

Oh and BTW the nearer the front of the plane you sit, the less you can feel the turbulance (if any).
Once again ty :)

+rep to all replies

Loqo
23-10-2007, 10:33 PM
First time? You'll be nervoues when taking off. Turbelence is no biggie. Just enjoy your flight. Oh and exspect delays. Their everywhere! :)

Fifteen
23-10-2007, 10:35 PM
I hate going on planes tbh.
When you take off and land your ears pop, it really hurts and then you can't hear proply for hours.
Best thing to do is to eat a had boiled sweet apparntly.

Shawnstra
24-10-2007, 12:55 AM
yep, suck on a sweet during take off/landing
the toilets are horribly small unless you are taking business class
takeoff/landing is quite fun
bon voyage ;D

Sammeth.
24-10-2007, 01:13 AM
Well this winter I'm going across the country to visit some family.
We're flying there.. and I've never been on a plane.

What's it like?
Anything I should expect?
Tips?
Etc?
lol

When you're 30,000ft up in the air, and can wave to someone in a different plane to yours....its not a good sign.

Recursion
24-10-2007, 06:51 AM
Takeoff feels horrible XD Its like WOAH when your off the ground and your climbing! You can feel the power of the plane as he lets go of the breaks with the engines at full throttle at the beginning of the runway. Then you level off and cruise and thats just mehish its normal, like being in a car. Untill you get some heavy turbulance and the captain puts the seatbelt signs on! >=]

Landing is fun too! You hit the ground and its like woah where did that runway come from!? lol.

You'll love it :P

Toilets have hardly any room to move in and they stink of disinfectant lol. Aww I love that 'plane-y' smell of disinfectant when you first board it XD

Yawn every so often, after take off, when cruising and when your about to land because otherwise you can damage your ears. Mine don't actually pop for some reason LOL.

xxMATTGxx
24-10-2007, 06:55 AM
Takeoff feels horrible XD Its like WOAH when your off the ground and your climbing! You can feel the power of the plane as he lets go of the breaks with the engines at full throttle at the beginning of the runway. Then you level off and cruise and thats just mehish its normal, like being in a car. Untill you get some heavy turbulance and the captain puts the seatbelt signs on! >=]

Landing is fun too! You hit the ground and its like woah where did that runway come from!? lol.

You'll love it :P

Toilets have hardly any room to move in and they stink of disinfectant lol. Aww I love that 'plane-y' smell of disinfectant when you first board it XD

Yawn every so often, after take off, when cruising and when your about to land because otherwise you can damage your ears. Mine don't actually pop for some reason LOL.

I love take off. Even better when I'm in the Boeing and you get the rush from the power of the 2 or 4 engines in your body its like WOOOOO! Anyway you be fine, Hope you have a nice flight :)

Recursion
24-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Yeh and also, the safest place to sit is over the wings if you crash ;) I saw it on Air Crash Investigation XD Its the strongest part of the plane. Also, the view is incredible when your flying 30,000ft up when the suns going down, no clouds to obscure the view or anything. Its very weird seeing the clouds BELOW you! Also, you probz wont need a sick bag, I didn't the first time I went on a plane.

Sometimes the stewerdesses are quite fit too.

xxMATTGxx
24-10-2007, 07:01 AM
Yeh and also, the safest place to sit is over the wings if you crash ;) I saw it on Air Crash Investigation XD Its the strongest part of the plane. Also, the view is incredible when your flying 30,000ft up when the suns going down, no clouds to obscure the view or anything. Its very weird seeing the clouds BELOW you! Also, you probz wont need a sick bag, I didn't the first time I went on a plane.

Sometimes the stewerdesses are quite fit too.

The wings can also be dangerous but flying is the safest way of travel, enjoy it. I never used a sick bag yet =]

God..
24-10-2007, 08:12 AM
remember the terrorist cant enter the airport.

No seriously, flying is great! i love it, last time I went on holiday with my perrents I kept making her and him angy becasue i was saying:

'right there goes the flaps' there goes the wheels' oooo where in london'

it's so funny to annoy the elders :)

cocaine
24-10-2007, 09:38 AM
its quite funny seeing the clouds cast shadows over the ground as well

where are you flying to/from?

CJW93
24-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Ahha I love flying. One time I was in the tiolet during turbualance and I was taking a dump. I though the door was locked as the plane soke the door flung open andsum old women was staring at me :D

Pix
24-10-2007, 03:51 PM
ah! :D its fun tbh.
I just love it when you look down from
such a height it looks like people are a dot's.

cocaine
24-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Ahha I love flying. One time I was in the tiolet during turbualance and I was taking a dump. I though the door was locked as the plane soke the door flung open andsum old women was staring at me :D

yeah because locked doors just decide to open

Adam!
24-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Nothing scary really, might seem a bit strange to you for the first hour or so but after that you'll proberbly feel like you've been doing it for years.

Turbulence seems to scare most people, even if they are frequent travellers - Let me remind you that turbulence is perfectly normal and even if you have "severe" turbulence the plane is in no danger of crashing (By severe I mean falling out the sky every 20 seconds, hand luggage being thrown about the cabin, doors falling off etc :P).

It's true that the further forward you are in the plane the less you feel turbulence, however unless you have the choice of the seats you want you cannot guarentee where your sitting.. I would however advise against sitting in the back row, because turbulence will shock you should some occur! ;)

During the whole flight your going to hear noises which may seem like something is wrong, but they are completely normal - You will hear different kinds of noises depending on which part of the plane your sat, over the wing your going to hear flaps and gear etc - At the rear of the plane you may hear the rudder.

The captain will keep you well informed of whats going on, providing your flying with a decent company.

But overall, you'll know if your lives in danger :P, by law they are required to tell you.

Jord
24-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Bring sweets , chewing gum when you take off your ears pop the sweets help ;)

whoooosh
24-10-2007, 04:48 PM
chew some gum when you take off and land
to stop your ears popping

lol the guy above beat me to it

Earthquake
24-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Your going to die :'(

MJJ
24-10-2007, 07:14 PM
I hate flying, I'm always afraid that somethings going to go wrong with the plane ;[
But yeah, you'll probably enjoy it, especially take off, although thats the worst bit for me, and turbulence ^_^
Enjoy.

Elliott$
24-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Everything about flying is amazing :D Take of is amazing, but when you get high your ears will get blocked, landing can be a bit bumpy but it's all fun, otherwise the flight once it's going is so good :D - You will love flying.

RedStratocas
24-10-2007, 07:37 PM
there is a very distinct "plane smell". its hard to describe. but you'll never forget the smell, and it's the same on all airlines. it's not bad or good, it's just how it is.

uhm, it depends on the length of the trip. its pretty fun if its just a few hours, but anything more than 3 or 4 hours gets me annoyed. take off is fun, because you're pushed back in your seat and stuff.

oh, and dont worry about crashes. you're more likely to die in your bathtub than in a plane crash.

24-10-2007, 07:40 PM
sit at a window so you can jump out in emergencies

OJ; expect delays, planes are never on time >:L

adidas™
24-10-2007, 07:41 PM
take off and landing are great, and as people have already said, suck a sweet when taking off n landing n ull be fine.

bigdavecox90
24-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Not everyone does, but when you take off and when you land, sometimes your ears will pop.

I get it majorly bad, and it is proper painful.

Adam!
24-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Your ears only "pop" due to the cabin pressurisation, you might be lucky and not have the problem.

I used to get it, but my ears must have just got used to it.

Depending on airline and aircraft you could start to feel them popping whilst taxing - Some aircraft pressurise based on throttle movement - For example, 737's.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!