PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Nightmare.

BobX
24-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Hey,

For the last like half year or so, i've been having the same nightmare every night where i'm all alone in my house, then as im going up the staires, someone shoots me through the letter box. This has effected me outside of sleep aswell, as now whenever i go up the staires i have to go upstaires backwards, facing the letter box at all times.
This has also led me to somtimes not even sleep, as i'm so terrified that it may happen because i can never tell between when i'm dreaming, and when im actually awake, thus making my school grades drop slightly due to lack of energy.

I was just wondering if there was any way in which i could stop this nightmare and get my life back on track, as i'm in my last year of compulsory school and don't want to fail it...

Thank you!

:D

Nemo
24-10-2007, 08:37 PM
See a psychiatrist, im sure they can find whats up :)

BobX
24-10-2007, 08:48 PM
See I don't think its that much of a problem to see one.. and i don't want to waste the money.

Nemo
24-10-2007, 08:49 PM
i had one for free, just go to your GP and try and get one.. also if its affecting your life and maknig your grades sliop. I think you should.

,Jess,
24-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Hmm, has anything bad happened in the last year n a half or are you eating/drinking things like cheese, fizzy pop before you sleep. They can cause nightmares and like make your mind work overtime when you sleep causing you to like have nightmares.

Sly
24-10-2007, 08:56 PM
I always have nightmares about the androids out of dragonball z chasing me around my house then i run outside and my gran pulls up in her limo and i think we're getting away but then the androids chase after us on roller skates :(

BobX
24-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Hmm, has anything bad happened in the last year n a half or are you eating/drinking things like cheese, fizzy pop before you sleep. They can cause nightmares and like make your mind work overtime when you sleep causing you to like have nightmares.

No, i don't eat Cheese or drink fizzy pop at all now due to my new athletes diet.

All i eat is steak 3 times a week, and salads. And only drink water and juices.

maybe its the change in diet thats causing this?

,Jess,
24-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Hmm yeah it could be, loads of things can effect dreams. But yeah I would go see a doctor or something, they're likely to know more, there's loads of like explanations for dreams and stuff but like if it effects you badly I'm sure you can get help for it from someone qualified and stuff, like for free I mean ;]

:Liam
24-10-2007, 10:12 PM
No, i don't eat Cheese or drink fizzy pop at all now due to my new athletes diet.

All i eat is steak 3 times a week, and salads. And only drink water and juices.

maybe its the change in diet thats causing this?
Yes, having an imbalanced diet can have effects on the brain which can cause bad dreams. So really you should go back to a blanced diet. Imbalanaced diets can lead to other problem such as hypoglycemia. because theres a few problems there:
Lack of sugar
Lack of calcium
Lack of carbohydrate

Chadwick
24-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Bet you won't even have this dream again now after you made all this fuss about it :P

Slowpoke
24-10-2007, 10:26 PM
I always have nightmares about the androids out of dragonball z chasing me around my house then i run outside and my gran pulls up in her limo and i think we're getting away but then the androids chase after us on roller skates :(

omg i dream about da androids, one time android 19 (the fat one) *REMOVED* me

i put the removed in btw u can probs guess what i mean

ActualFacts
25-10-2007, 06:59 PM
I had nightmares about the evil lucy lui or w.e from Futurama, I told my mum or w.e and told a doctor, it went away for now.

Kross619
25-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Try to not think about it throughout the day or just before you sleep and your brain will probably focus on the thoughts you have before you sleep, if not then just eat a bit of your old diet.
My friend had this weird dream about coming back from holiday and some federal agents came off of a plane and started shooting at him with their breifcases, weird or what?

lAdmire
25-10-2007, 07:51 PM
The only suggstion I have is to see a psychologist who could maybe help you.

Sabbath
26-10-2007, 03:20 AM
Whats scary about being shot through a letterbox. You can do anything in dreams if you turn it the right way around. All you have to do is say in the dream "Oh wait, I have a spare gun under my mattress!" And it will appear, and you can shoot whatever is shooting you. Like one time I imagined I was getting chased by zombies, but then I got an m4, and I had fun with the dream.

alex 1889
26-10-2007, 07:16 AM
FR33DY KRUGA BE IN UR DREAMS SH00TIN THRU UR LETTABOX!

Kyle
26-10-2007, 10:08 AM

LMFAO:P

:Liam
26-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Whats scary about being shot through a letterbox. You can do anything in dreams if you turn it the right way around. All you have to do is say in the dream "Oh wait, I have a spare gun under my mattress!" And it will appear, and you can shoot whatever is shooting you. Like one time I imagined I was getting chased by zombies, but then I got an m4, and I had fun with the dream.

For me dreams are usually like storys playing through my mind, I dont have full control of them, I used to have a reccuring nightmare, I found that it was caused because I didnt like my blinds :P what used to happen was a burglar would smash through the window and tie me up in the blinds and through me down the stairs. I've only ever had one dream were I Was in full control and could do what I liked, but that was fun.

Perhaps this dream is caused by the mail box, I know you cant really do anything about it but you could get one of those boxes you attach to the door inside the house and the mail falls into the box, usually people do this when they have a dog so the dog doesnt get the mail, but if you did it, it might stop your dreams :).

Naruto!
26-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Sabbath you don't actually know it's a dream until you wake up. If you take control of the dream your brain has obviously put that into the dream so you think you'ree deciding there and then but it was already destined to be that way lol. If we could take control of our dreams they would be so different.

BobX
26-10-2007, 02:29 PM
As i said earlier, i often cannot determine whether i'm awake or not. Thats what makes it so scary. The latest dream has been that the person has got into the house, while im asleep. comes in my room and stabs me. Im such a freak :(

Echo54321
05-01-2008, 03:15 AM
You know the best thing to do is, when ur lying in bed and can't sleep, try and readd a book, or maganzine, or a TV program, i had sleeples nights fro about a year, becasue everynight i was thinknig 'what if i had a nightmare about being buired alive', the most thing that scared me is that dreams are so real, and i would feel like i was there, so do something that like connects me to the outade world like Habbo, or watch something like top gear or big brother, which are cheerful, or read a book, and when you got that slepy mode, wer u know ur gonna fall asleep any moment, try and think of something like the next day, what are yuo gona do, are you gonna make a room on habbo etc. to really go deep into that thought and forget about that happening, with all this you iwll then jsut sleep normally.

And you know what, that nightmare, i mentioned, the buried alive, it hasnt happened! 0:)

Echo'

Frodo13.
05-01-2008, 02:37 PM
I used to have a reaccuring dream when I was younger. I was in the bath, and I couldn't get out and I drowned. (A pretty wierd dream, but true) I just grew out of it.

@K
05-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Smoke weed, apparently it stops you dreaming, and well it did for me.

WarezKid
05-01-2008, 03:31 PM
I got one, and still got it,

Well it not a dream, ¬.¬! but it affected me when i was in love

maybe it that?

Fart
05-01-2008, 04:32 PM

Its been proven that aint true :P, Before you go to sleep think of good things, the things that mean alot to you and get your self all jolly and happy then your mind should be at piece :P

WarezKid
05-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Have a toss before you go to sleep,

should help :P

Janet Snakehole
05-01-2008, 04:50 PM
:[

Aww.
All I can suggest like someone else mentioned would be to go see your doctor or something who could recommend you to someone, as it is affecting your sleep and the fact you're in the last year of school; you should be seen pretty much straight away.

Swearwolf
05-01-2008, 04:53 PM
I dreamt about getting stabbed.
I also then got stabbed irl years after. The dream was worse. But yea, doctors will see u fasttt
and also, I havent remembered a dream for about 4 years now. not one...

Jackie Jack™
06-01-2008, 09:06 PM
mmmm i would go talk to some one.. Maybe your mom? a good idea would be to like maybe get a dog or something, it might help? Because "if someone came in" the dog would go nuts + wake u up..
and that might help your mind get off the dream because you would be alerted..

But as someone said before about love... Whenever im with Emily or talk to her loads at night ill have dreams about her ( not naughty ) but like us being together :S

its really wierd lol

Ashley 12344
06-01-2008, 09:26 PM
As said, not a right lot you can do (other than random stabs at changing things) to stop it without seeing your doctor. I think its compulsary for all schools to have an 'Open door', with a qualified nurse or doctor. Just go ask them about it.
And try think positive before you go to sleep.

manga21
08-01-2008, 10:15 PM

Sorry but that is daft... that is just.. lol I dont think so ? :S

Catzsy
08-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Sorry but that is daft... that is just.. lol I dont think so ? :S

No its proven to be true as it still keeps the brain active - that's why people say have milky drinks before bed.

manga21
09-01-2008, 03:47 PM
No its proven to be true as it still keeps the brain active - that's why people say have milky drinks before bed.

Ohh I thought it was old wifes tales?

Jackboy
11-01-2008, 08:03 PM
To be honest its mind over matter. There are also tales about which side of your body you sleep on. I never get dreams anymore, well i do sometimes.

If you have a TV in your room go to bed with something funny on such as Family Guy, and watch it for 10 mins, then sleep and hear it in the background. Therefore your mind will stay in a positive phase.

Also think about everything you're looking forward to and think about what you would do if someone came at you with a knife. You would defend yourself, they wouldn't just magically remove the door and come up. Just think about what you would do to them.

Also it might be runescape because i got proper scared the other day.. you know how i was doing all nighters... i did a night without sleep and i was playing Halo as if they all had hitpoints and were in a pattern and i got confused when i was out with mates, and it felt like weird. Just do my comedy cartoon suggestion.

Its not about "growing out of it" either. Because im younger than Tony and i don't get bad dreams. If i have bad dreams i just wake up and laugh about it.

The fact you cannot tell the difference between real life and dreaming would be, in my opinion, because of late night runescape :P We both know its true. It happened to me but not to that extent. Just lay off late night Runescape and i think you can dream about good Stoof.

Also you know that nothing like that could happen to YOU of ALL people in real life. Its not like your forseeing the future. So when you dream about getting killed, just wake up and laugh about it. Then if you think of it as comical and stupid, it will go away. I have had nightmares, you wake up all light headed and worried. Just laugh about it, trust me ;)

Hope i helped.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!