PDA

View Full Version : Bloody hell!

PaulMacC
24-10-2007, 11:17 PM
About a year ago I used to be the only one to listen to bands like paramore, scouting for girls, stuff like that.

Now everyone's listening to them and they've got all these bloody remixes that are ruining the songs.

They over-play them and it's sooo annoying!!!!

Mitch4?
24-10-2007, 11:32 PM
a] dont listen to the remix's then
b] doubt you were the only person
c] they overplay your favourite songs? Turn it over
d] Stop being annoyed because you're not different to other people now, with everyone trying to be different, its extraordinary to be normal.

PaulMacC
24-10-2007, 11:37 PM
a]Dude, I cant stop listening to the remix, they play it on the buses on their mobiles.
b] Yeah true, it was a figure of speech
c] I cant turn it over, it's their phones.
d] Im not trying to be different, it's just their ruining my favourite type of music.

Cwmbran
25-10-2007, 01:39 AM
a]Dude, I cant stop listening to the remix, they play it on the buses on their mobiles.
b] Yeah true, it was a figure of speech
c] I cant turn it over, it's their phones.
d] Im not trying to be different, it's just their ruining my favourite type of music.

Get an MP3 Player or a phone that can play music and play the non-remixes.

I sit on the bus every morning with my iPod on full blast to drown out sean bloody kingston.

FlyingJesus
25-10-2007, 10:52 AM
It annoys me when people say that a band is ruined by people listening to them. If you like them so much then be happy that they're getting so much support, and what - you think you're somehow more qualified to listen to a band just because you did so a couple of years ago? To be honest I'd be thrilled if more people listened to Balzac or Calabrese, because I'd love to see them do well.

benjamin
25-10-2007, 10:58 AM
scouting for girls, a year ago?
lol.

and not reaaallly mate, i've listened to 'paramore' and bands such as them for well over a year - so you arn't the only one.

PaulMacC
25-10-2007, 03:29 PM
yes, I know, it was a figure of speech.

But sometimes when a song gets overplayed you start to hate it.
It happened with Sean Kingston, God, if I hear that song agaiN!

liar
26-10-2007, 09:23 PM
who cares if they get played more, it gives the band a better fanbase therefore the gigs (moshpits) are alot more fun and bigger.

Janeisntpleased
29-10-2007, 08:14 PM
It annoys me when people say that a band is ruined by people listening to them. If you like them so much then be happy that they're getting so much support, and what - you think you're somehow more qualified to listen to a band just because you did so a couple of years ago? To be honest I'd be thrilled if more people listened to Balzac or Calabrese, because I'd love to see them do well.

exactly. thank god not everyone on this forum is a moron.

Fifteen
29-10-2007, 08:34 PM
About a year ago I used to be the only one to listen to bands like paramore, scouting for girls, stuff like that.

Now everyone's listening to them and they've got all these bloody remixes that are ruining the songs.

They over-play them and it's sooo annoying!!!!

I know how you feel..
like with hellogoodbye, plain white t's, my chemical roamance..
now they've become so overplayed and so over rated I rarly listen to them now.

benjamin
29-10-2007, 08:35 PM
I know how you feel..
like with hellogoodbye, plain white t's, my chemical roamance..
now they've become so overplayed and so over rated I rarly listen to them now.
my chemical romance is utter crap whether it's overplayed or not lol
the old stuff isn't so bad, the new stuff is absolutely terrible.
but i love plain white t's.

Fifteen
29-10-2007, 08:38 PM
my chemical romance is utter crap whether it's overplayed or not lol
the old stuff isn't so bad, the new stuff is absolutely terrible.
but i love plain white t's.

I liked MCR them back in 2004, then when the realsed 'the black parade' I was like ..oh dear.

benjamin
29-10-2007, 08:40 PM
I liked MCR them back in 2004, then when the realsed 'the black parade' I was like ..oh dear.
yeah as i said the old stuff wasn't so bad, not because it wasn't as mainstream it was just generally better than the black parade.
a hell of a lot better.

Smiddy
29-10-2007, 08:43 PM
I love everyone flaming someone else, it's hilarious :')

Unless you ask them to change the song, or something similar, it'll keep getting played. It's unlikely they'll listen mind, so you yourself make the adjustment.

And like Tom said, I'd be pleased if more people listened to lesser known bands and spread them around, the music industry is a difficult enough place to get into without keeping bands to yourself.

PaulMacC
29-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Smiddy how about I stick you in a white room saturated with chavs and chavettes with mobile phones and make them all put on Sean Kingston at the exact same time so it amplifies the volume for 30 minutes each weekday.

Sean Kingston's song was good until everyone heard about it.

Geraint
29-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Smiddy how about I stick you in a white room saturated with chavs and chavettes with mobile phones and make them all put on Sean Kingston at the exact same time so it amplifies the volume for 30 minutes each weekday.

Argh! That song annoys me so much. It was rubbish in the first place. I was on the bus going to E3 and it must have been played at least 25 times in the space of 10 mins. I was like SHUT THE **** UP!!!

Smiddy
30-10-2007, 05:52 PM

I don't tend to get frustrated by that song because I just zone out when I hear it. :-)

kooldude23
30-10-2007, 07:57 PM
What annoy's me is when people claim that a band are "sell-out's". After all they are only trying to make a living out of their passion, if I had the choice to hold out on a few hardcore fans and make little money or go "mainstream" and maybe a few kids get upset then it's all cool. I make money doing somthing i love and the music is relativly the same.

FlyingJesus
30-10-2007, 07:59 PM
What annoy's me is when people claim that a band are "sell-out's". After all they are only trying to make a living out of their passion, if I had the choice to hold out on a few hardcore fans and make little money or go "mainstream" and maybe a few kids get upset then it's all cool. I make money doing somthing i love and the music is relativly the same.

Vouch this, it doesn't bother me if a band is mainstream or not as long as they sound good. "Selling out" is just something old fans say so they can sound more genuine

Imnotpure
30-10-2007, 09:58 PM

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!