PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise

Chadwick
25-10-2007, 06:36 AM
As one of the most able mind's in my school i have been selected to do a course called enterprise.
What it basically is is I'll get 3 partners and 100,000 pound to spend in the stock market.
And if i win i win 2000 pound for my school,200 pound for each member of my team and a trip to New York.
I'm not sure what i have to do to win but I'm guessing it will be something along the lines of the person who makes the most profit from the shares they buy over the period of time wins.

Ramones
25-10-2007, 08:31 AM
we used to do that, it's just allocating your imaginary money into different companies who you think will do good. I just picked them at random and got like 5th out of 100

whoooosh
25-10-2007, 09:07 AM
wow that sounds really cool !
wish they did that at my school

&
25-10-2007, 09:18 AM
we have that:)

BobX
25-10-2007, 02:07 PM
We did that in my school in year 9, but we had to make our own business and come up with something new to the market, then propose it to the banker ( a real banker ) and ask for money, a bit like dragons den. Then we had to make the products and sell as much as possible. The team who sold the most and made the most money were the winners. A bit like The apprentice there. And we came second. Our team was called Mushroom Incorporated :)

Nixt
25-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Because you used an apostrophe after "mind" in your opening sentence, I have come to the conclusion that you are not one of the most able minds in your school. Soz.

Chadwick
25-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Because you used an apostrophe after "mind" in your opening sentence, I have come to the conclusion that you are not one of the most able minds in your school. Soz.
Oh yer silly me Firefox corrected me and it wasn't even correct itself.

Nixt
25-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Oh yer silly me Firefox corrected me and it wasn't even correct itself.

You also need to capitalise your "I"s when referring to yourself. I will stop being a grammar freak now.

Chadwick
25-10-2007, 03:20 PM
You also need to capitalise your "I"s when referring to yourself. I will stop being a grammar freak now.
Ok thanks for your input :|

Nixt
25-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Ok thanks for your input :|

Any time. Also, good luck with your enterprise thing.

Chadwick
25-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks.
Im struggling to get a team together 'cos i wanted these 2 girls to be with me 'cos there E.A.S.T like me but they're going with these idiots just because one of them is going out with one of the idiots.

Jazza
25-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Few questions:

Who exactly funds this and why would they benefit from giving 3 people a trip to NY?
If the school choose the people who do it why are you choosing the team?
What is E.A.S.T because nothing I can think of would fit in there and be grammatically correct.

Chadwick
25-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Few questions:

Who exactly funds this and why would they benefit from giving 3 people a trip to NY?
If the school choose the people who do it why are you choosing the team?
What is E.A.S.T because nothing I can think of would fit in there and be grammatically correct.

They pick the people (like 20 of us)
and we get into groups of 4.

And i already said
East is
Exceptionally Able, Specifically Talented.

Jazza
25-10-2007, 07:56 PM
For someone who is 'exceptionally able, specifically talented' you have a really weak grasp on proper English grammar.

Chadwick
25-10-2007, 08:03 PM
For someone who is 'exceptionally able, specifically talented' you have a really weak grasp on proper English grammar.Oh don't get like that now just because your jealous of me.

Jazza
26-10-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm not jealous of anyone who doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

BobX
26-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Some people are more talented at things then others. For example i'm currently one of the best Athletes in my school, yet i am not so good at Maths. Does that mean i am bad at Athletics? I'm still talented, just at different areas to other people.

Chadwick
26-10-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm not jealous of anyone who doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're".
Lol get a life.
Picking up on grammar over the internet is really sad.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!