PDA

View Full Version : Habtown.Net Finally Open!

Kazco
25-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Hi!

I've had the domain Habtown.Net for ages now.. and finally, I got round to making it.

However, it wasn't just me who created it, Luke1194 also helped me create it, doing most of the technical things.

We're now open, and feel free to visit : http://www.habtown.net

The current Halloween layout is a skin of our original layout, and we need new navigation buttons.

However, it's okay for its first opening, and we hope it improves.

Any comments, suggestions post here.

Check the Job Openings button on the site for a job!

Thanks,

James & Luke

RICHe
25-10-2007, 05:13 PM
theres a few bugs...

- banner is odd (with using MS Paint tool)
- where it says HABTOWN in the yellow bit, the area where is curved with spikey things coming out is odd
- the navigator is not aligned well

i have more to come btw ;-]

today
25-10-2007, 05:16 PM
theres a few bugs...

- where it says HABTOWN in the yellow bit, the area where is curved with spikey things coming out is odd

Its just ugly.

;)

Snex
25-10-2007, 05:16 PM
I don't have a clue why you have used spaces when you could have much easily used cellspacing.

GoldenMerc
25-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Your buttons are in line 8-)

Puma
25-10-2007, 06:05 PM
sorry but it ugly ><"

Kazco
25-10-2007, 06:13 PM
theres a few bugs...

Yes, as being one of our first proper layouts, it isn't really the best. However, we're currently raising money and we are going to buy a layout.

Edit: Also do you mean the white line thing at the bottom of the banner?

Its just ugly.

;)

Well, how ugly is Halloween?

I don't have a clue why you have used spaces when you could have much easily used cellspacing.

I wouldn't really know what your on about seen as Luke did the layout :S.

Your buttons are in line 8-)

As I said, the button's are ugly and need improving.

sorry but it ugly ><"

Perhaps you would suggest a colour scheme?

--ss--
25-10-2007, 06:14 PM
The layout isn't too bad , just a bit tacky , you need sort out your nav , also have some space/padding around the boxes , Also change the shade of green you have on either side to a lighter shade ;)

Kazco
25-10-2007, 06:16 PM
The layout isn't too bad , just a bit tacky , you need sort out your nav , also have some space/padding around the boxes , Also change the shade of green you have on either side to a lighter shade ;)

Thanks for your helpful comment
:)
+Rep

RICHe
25-10-2007, 06:42 PM
well,

if your going to be any good in fansiteness you need to have a good site and a good layout, even if its the first one! (thats why so many are failing).

If all those were sorted out before opening, the site would of had a much better impact on users (maybe getting people returning). But opening a new site with bugs will get the users thinking "oh they are to lazy to fix bugs and check things, im not coming here again".

if ya know what i mean.

Frog!
25-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Look's ok apart from the box's on the left and right column. ;)

Kazco
26-10-2007, 08:45 AM
well,

if your going to be any good in fansiteness you need to have a good site and a good layout, even if its the first one! (thats why so many are failing).

If all those were sorted out before opening, the site would of had a much better impact on users (maybe getting people returning). But opening a new site with bugs will get the users thinking "oh they are to lazy to fix bugs and check things, im not coming here again".

if ya know what i mean.

I see what your saying, but it first opened February/January and we were getting over 100 a day with a very basic page.

Most people just want a radio...

Thanks anyway.

Look's ok apart from the box's on the left and right column. ;)

Thank's for another useful comment, shame I can't give more rep ;P

Jamie.
26-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Why is the page so stretched O.o change the bg :P!

Luke
26-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Ok, I've noted down all the bugs and am currently fixing them.
We know that the habboween layout is..well..literally GHASTLY! So we will be opening again on first of November with our original in place.

Thank you for criticism and recommendations.

+rep to everyone!
(That's if i can)

Kazco
26-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Ok, I've noted down all the bugs and am currently fixing them.
We know that the habboween layout is..well..literally GHASTLY! So we will be opening again on first of November with our original in place.

Thank you for criticism and recommendations.

+rep to everyone!
(That's if i can)

As Luke said, we will be fixing everything, and new staff would be great!

So if you thing you can improve the site, and want to apply, simply visit http://www.habtown.net and click the Job button on the navigation!

Thanks!

Luke
26-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Damn, sorry to people i haven't gave rep to, i've given to much rep out in last 24 hours lol.

I'll give tommorow!

Kazco
26-10-2007, 01:00 PM
As the layout wasn't that good.

We have simply applied the maintenance page for a while, and will be coming back after Halloween.

This will give us chance to come back with new staff, better comment, and fix all the bugs + errors.

Thanks a lot guys, +rep to all that submitted a bug!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!