PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Neversoft
25-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah so, it comes out today and I've got loads of spare cash so I was gonna walk down town in my metroid shirt looking all cool and buy it, but I haven't actually played a metroid game before. :P

So I was just wondering is it actually worth buying?
Whats it all about and why is there so much hype over it?
Is it anything like Zelda?

PaulMacC
25-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Metroid Prime 3 is easiest of the Metroid series but you can simply pimp up the difficulty modes.

It's like Zelda only like 1000 years in the future, it's just soo good.

It's like Zelda and Metal Gear Solid combined.
I'm getting it tomarrow after school :), well today.

You
25-10-2007, 11:42 PM
I haven't played it myself but i saw an advert today on TV for it, looked pretty neat.

PaulMacC
25-10-2007, 11:45 PM
It looks awesome :)

Nemo
25-10-2007, 11:49 PM
i may get it, i got it on DS but it was pretty hard xD im gonna see wot others think of it before getting it

Niall!
26-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Any game that uses the wiimote to fire a laser gun merits at least a rental

Camy
26-10-2007, 04:21 PM
My little brother has it, from whativ seen it looks prety damn kl :)

GhostFace-
26-10-2007, 04:28 PM
its been out but i aint got any moneyss (USA)

i cant wait for this it will make metroid way beter

http://www.ubergizmo.com/photos/2007/7/wii-zapper.jpg

Homesrfan
26-10-2007, 10:01 PM
I bought it becuase I'm in the USA.
It's freaking awesome.
1.) The graphics are amazing. Easily the best on the Wii as of now (released...as in not including SMG and SSBB).
2.) The controls are incredibly intuitive and work like a charm. It feels so great. Also, if you've ever played a MP game before and didn't like the scanning... I didn't either but I love it in this game. The mechanics are awesome.
3.) Boss fights are awesome and the environments are amazingly atmospheric. There is actually some story in there too.

It's really good! :)

PaulMacC
26-10-2007, 10:05 PM
It's just truly amazing.

It's a futuristic Zelda :)

Neversoft
26-10-2007, 10:13 PM
I bought it becuase I'm in the USA.
It's freaking awesome.
1.) The graphics are amazing. Easily the best on the Wii as of now (released...as in not including SMG and SSBB).
2.) The controls are incredibly intuitive and work like a charm. It feels so great. Also, if you've ever played a MP game before and didn't like the scanning... I didn't either but I love it in this game. The mechanics are awesome.
3.) Boss fights are awesome and the environments are amazingly atmospheric. There is actually some story in there too.

It's really good! :)

Only some story? :P So did the others have no storyline?

I think I'll rent it or something first, dunno if it will be my kinda game. I'm a BIG Zelda fan, but not a person that usually buys the futuristic kinda games. So it'll probably be an in the middle average game to me.

Homesrfan
27-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Only some story? :P So did the others have no storyline?

I think I'll rent it or something first, dunno if it will be my kinda game. I'm a BIG Zelda fan, but not a person that usually buys the futuristic kinda games. So it'll probably be an in the middle average game to me.

I'm also a huge Zelda fan. When I heard about MP3, I realized I had never played Metroid Prime. I went to buy it. Found it for like... $10, I think. It was amazing. The graphics amazed me and it was released in 2001... or 2002... Hm, I donno.
Metroid Prime series is one of the most atmospheric games you will ever play, and you should play it. Metroid Prime 3 is also just as good.

There is very little story though, but it really doesn't matter. You get the basics and you are just sent to explore for your suit (in the first one). The third one has more story.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!