PDA

View Full Version : Habbo not scared about ClubTropica...?

Xarea
26-10-2007, 08:11 AM
http://i23.tinypic.com/1glz42.png

Oni
26-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Well hes not exactly going to say yes is he or it makes it look like its better, now please everyone just stop talking about club tropica there are loads of other MMOCCs out there. We haven't even seen anything from club tropica, everyones like this because callie is working there.

Xarea
26-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Well hes not exactly going to say yes is he or it makes it look like its better, now please everyone just stop talking about club tropica there are loads of other MMOCCs out there. We haven't even seen anything from club tropica, everyones like this because callie is working there.

We have actually seen lots from ClubTropica:

http://www.clubtropica.com/restoNuevo.jpg
http://www.images.clubtropica.com/release_0.1/tac_pool.gif
http://www.clubtropica.com/images/beacharea2.png

http://clubtropica.com/phoneleak.mp3

etc. Plus when Habbo Staff are pulling stunts like this:

http://i23.tinypic.com/29f89iw.jpg

Then you know that obviously something is up...

EverSteve
26-10-2007, 08:25 AM
what stunt it dosen't show on my screen :).

Plus ClubTropica looks good, and a few fansites being built, thinking about doing one myself. Good Luck ClubTropica xD

Habbo should be scared, have they seen the number of ppl leaving ;)

Universe
26-10-2007, 08:28 AM
http://i23.tinypic.com/1glz42.png

well i'm behind it all the way.. I think habbo should be worried - when it comes to their income for UK based.

RyanDOT
26-10-2007, 08:29 AM
EVERYONE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS!!!!!

This might take away the business of Habbo and there might not be no Habbo by next year if everyone is leaving the hotel and going on that rubbish!

EverSteve
26-10-2007, 08:30 AM

This might take away the business of Habbo and there might not be no Habbo by next year if everyone is leaving the hotel and going on that rubbish!

And what do you call habbo exactly?

Universe
26-10-2007, 08:31 AM

Good tbh, let it..

Oni
26-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Everyone says club tropica is amazing etc but I ask who out of you has played it? You cant judge it until you have played it and there have been so many threads about habbo vs clubtropica etc it just annoying. I personally dont think club tropica will be that great. 3D environments dont really suit text heavy mmoccs, the text will usually appear above the persons speakings head meaning you can only speak to a few people at a time.

RyanDOT
26-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Habbo might even get owned by this if the Habbo staff are going on this as well, and Sulake might close Habbo

I might prefer Habbo than that cos no-one played it yet!

Universe
26-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Everyone says club tropica is amazing etc but I ask who out of you has played it? You cant judge it until you have played it and there have been so many threads about habbo vs clubtropica etc it just annoying. I personally dont think club tropica will be that great. 3D environments dont really suit text heavy mmoccs, the text will usually appear above the persons speakings head meaning you can only speak to a few people at a time.

...Whos to say people haven't been on beta versions ;)

Alkaz
26-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Im not really sure what to make of it all.

Xarea
26-10-2007, 08:43 AM
3D environments dont really suit text heavy mmoccs, the text will usually appear above the persons speakings head meaning you can only speak to a few people at a time.

It's not a 3D environment.

Seany
26-10-2007, 08:44 AM
i can't wait to try it tbh

and those saying its not tht good, how can yu judge a book by its cover?

Swinkid
26-10-2007, 08:44 AM
well i think habbo or club tropica has a contract with each other, theres a hacker, they share same Servers OR club tropica is part of habbo. but there is sometihng up. i hope habb odosent close. but just in case i might sell my furni for rs cash!

Virgin Mary
26-10-2007, 08:46 AM
About as much as they were afraid of Fusion City.

womanizer
26-10-2007, 08:52 AM
lol at tall. If u have cam....

Naythi.
26-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Hum....

I Prefer games like habbo . . . Pixel enviroment

Even if they do have staff that cant get a website right :P

But yeah , I dont think this game will be anything like habbo and if habbo did close down it would be a shame to see everybodys money go to waste that they have put in to buy all there furniture !

I say keep habbo alive . . . PLAY BOTH !

Nli.
26-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Good tbh, let it..
& I thought you were the biggest brown noser out there.

Universe
26-10-2007, 09:25 AM
& I thought you were the biggest brown noser out there.

LOOOOOL who is that

Pyroka
26-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Nah, they're more afraid of the likes of Suerte heights *grin* Bittybay is more of a contender for them really...

dannyisnotamazing
26-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Olleh stop posting crap about CT. It's actually getting annoying know seeing new post filled with "NEW CT FORUM!" "RADIO CT!!" "OMGZ HABBO IZ NT SCARD BWT CT" "CT IS OPENIN SOON" "/

Pyroka
26-10-2007, 10:06 AM
I can see a new rule being put into place soon:

505035th rule: DO NOT post about other MMOCC/IMCE/MMOPRGs in the Habbo UK News and Rumours. There may be exceptions, but only under appeal to the Forum Manager.

Now, who wants that rule to be in effect? :P

JackBuddy
26-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Why should they be scared? Habbo is up against loads of websites like ClubTropica, they're all the same.

Joxed
26-10-2007, 10:23 AM
i Dont get habbo is nothing like tropcana thing..

coz it looks more like imvu than habbo.. and imvu is nothing like habbo

Jordan3606
26-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I dont think they're scared.

Think about it, if Disarno and Callie were not leaving for CT, we wouldn't really give a toss about it. It'd just be another online game... the only reason why all this fuss is going about, it because 2 Habbo staff members are working there!

ClubTopica is aimed at a totally different market, and has a totally different way of playing. If CT was a pixel world, aimed at 11 - 18's, then maybe, Habbo would be scared, because its of a similar nature, but CT is a 2.5D virtual world (I guess you could compare it to runescape like graphics) aimed at 16 - 24 year old's, and based on a holiday island... why would Habbo be scared?

Bibliophobia
26-10-2007, 10:39 AM
bittybay is amazing

Pyroka
26-10-2007, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't go that far loz :P But it has got, alot of potential. I know another few that do, 2 in particular and one which is opening very damn soon.

Okeanos
26-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Of course they’re not scared, Habbo is a huge established company why would they be scared? I like the sound of CT but I don’t get why you all keep comparing it to Habbo..?

(on another note why were you on Habbo so early in the morning?) >.<

Jordan3606
26-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Whatever you do, dont buy Bits on Bittybay, I made the stupid mistake of doing so, and then realising all you can buy is some crappy VIP membership which lets you in a room thats always empty, and a spade.

What a waste of £3 :P

Pyroka
26-10-2007, 10:48 AM
LOL JORDAN. Yeah the thing I'm with, since I'm a BETA tester and I've won a few competitions beforehand, I probably get around 5000 credits? It's not too much on there, but it's free lol. Just wait till release 3 for Bittybay, it's early days for them.

Cypher-
26-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Obviously they arent scared, This isnt talking about just kids games they are both businesses and why would a matured company be scared of a new one in the market? Not every player will go if it does actually open, just a handful of angry kids who dont like what Habbo has done.

Naruto!
26-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Obviously they arent scared, This isnt talking about just kids games they are both businesses and why would a matured company be scared of a new one in the market? Not every player will go if it does actually open, just a handful of angry kids who dont like what Habbo has done.
The irony is, those angry kids will still use habbo up until ClubTropica opens. A lot of people seem to think they can only use one or the other,
rather than both.

Loqo
26-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Those pictures of ClubTropicana look pretty sweet.

Jordan3606
26-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Lol, me and Loz, and some random Habbo dude from .au are chatting on BittyBay

I tried to register swear words as names but they're all taken ;(

So then I registered Bittybaysucks :P

I dont think BittyBay is a big contender, at the most, there are like 10 members online at a time...

Bibliophobia
26-10-2007, 11:27 AM
I wouldn\'t go that far loz http://www.habboxforum.com:80/ But it has got, alot of potential. I know another few that do, 2 in particular and one which is opening very damn soon.

lol at your sig. in a few years bittybay will be awesome

DPS
26-10-2007, 11:41 AM

its not 3D :P

lissy1019
26-10-2007, 11:43 AM
tbh, the clubtropica homepage doesn't look good. but you never know! I might check it out when it's open. But, why is "Callie" now know as Justine, running it? Did she make the website or what?

Elliott$
26-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Do you have to keep going on about it :/ You're just giving club tropicana more publicity. However good clubtropicana will be..

GhostFace-
26-10-2007, 12:04 PM
i guess ill try club tropica, nothing to lose. habbos getting boring.

Earthquake
26-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Its funny what gets classed as UK news and rumours these days.

-Obscenity
26-10-2007, 03:00 PM
What do you mean Earthquake...

This is a rumor.

If you hate all these threads about ClubTropica why do you keep reading them?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!