PDA

View Full Version : Why does HABBOX value in thrones?

Naruto!
26-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Habbox value in HCS which I can understand as they are a very stable, and popular rare. Then they value in thrones for super rares, which is where I am lost. The throne may be popular but it goes up and down like a rollercoaster, it was in the mid 20's and now it's up to 42 hc. While it was in the mid 20's, say a parasol was worth 3T = 60+ hc, but when the throne goes up to 42 hc, its then worth 3T still, but now 126hc. Because the value of the throne goes up, does this mean the parasol should go up also? Unless of course when the throne goes up or down, every single rare valued in thrones is altered to the new 'currency rate'. Which would take a lot of work so I don't expect that it is.

I hope that made sense.

Qamp
26-10-2007, 01:53 PM
I get were your coming from for example if the throne went down to 1HC of course supers would need new values and it will most likely be in club sofas. But its ok if the throne drops by 1HC or 2. :rolleyes:

Ealo
26-10-2007, 02:02 PM
but the throne dropped by like 10hcs,
so its not 1 or 2 hcs

Lycan
26-10-2007, 02:07 PM
there worth 42? , Lol last time i played habbo they were worth 20!

jrh2002
26-10-2007, 02:11 PM

They were worth 48 a week or 2 ago :o

Maybe all values should be in hc's and then habbox have a calculator on site that would tell you how many thones or whatever you are trading is the equivelent (not all of you can add up)

Naruto!
26-10-2007, 02:12 PM
They were worth 48 a week or 2 ago :o

Maybe all values should be in hc's and then habbox have a calculator on site that would tell you how many thones or whatever you are trading is the equivelent (not all of you can add up)
That is a solution I would agree with.

jrh2002
26-10-2007, 02:18 PM
That is a solution I would agree with.

It would also really help the rare value department because when theres a big drop in the throne they have to rush and alter all super rare prices (well in my opinion should if they dont already)

If this was the case I could see a massive drop in the price of the throne so it would cause big probs at first. (habbox price fixing rubbish etc)

Naruto!
26-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah, you should pass your idea on to sierk.

Flamedragon3
26-10-2007, 07:56 PM
It would also really help the rare value department because when theres a big drop in the throne they have to rush and alter all super rare prices (well in my opinion should if they dont already)

Ok, first we don't change the values of supers if the throne is changed.

But you have got a good point about the throne is a dodgy currency to use for supers.

But when you think about it. What do people mostly trade for supers? Thrones is the answer and that is why we use throne as the currency of supers. Also it is much easier to trade for supers using the throne.

But they are really annoying when they change and you do have a good point.

Also it would be much worse if the throne was to be released (not saying it will) but if it was it would cause havoc!

jrh2002
26-10-2007, 08:02 PM
We are getting to this calculator issue again lol

i think all values would work well in hc sofas and then u could work out how many thrones that would be depending on current value.
Its dodgy using more than one item as the currency to go by :o
It has always been the same and if changed now i would expect the throne to crash :o so if RV's started again maybe it would all be in hc's only but to do it so far in could cause havoc with the values on the hotel.

Flamedragon3
26-10-2007, 08:34 PM
We are getting to this calculator issue again lol

i think all values would work well in hc sofas and then u could work out how many thrones that would be depending on current value.
Its dodgy using more than one item as the currency to go by :o
It has always been the same and if changed now i would expect the throne to crash :o so if RV's started again maybe it would all be in hc's only but to do it so far in could cause havoc with the values on the hotel.

Actually, we couldn't only just use CS (Club Sofa) as the currency alone as we actually use 3 different currency's and the one you have missed out RD (Rubber Duck) is quite important.

RD = Rubber Duck

CS = Club Sofa

T = Throne

The RD (Rubber Duck) will never change because basically it is 1 credit on habbo. The CS (Club Sofa) will sometimes change in RD, like it was changed from 70RD - 75RD a few months at the start of this year, but the throne seems to change a lot, yes, but we basically have;

RD - For low values of rares

CS - For average values of rares

T - For high values of rares

We need T (Throne) to be honest as it is used for the expensive rares and as I have said before, it is the most used rare to trade supers with, like the Club Sofa for average rares. The rubber duck is different though, in its own way.

-:Undertaker:-
27-10-2007, 05:13 PM
The price of supers aren't controlled by the price of Thrones. Habbox don't need to change super values by 0.5 CS just because the Throne has changed. Supers are valued on what people pay for them. However that is why I think sets should be valued in Club Sofas rather than Thrones as sets aren't sold as much.

Loqo
27-10-2007, 06:53 PM
I've waited for someone to make this thread. Everything should be valued in Hcs including Supers. This makes it alot easier. Because i see were your coming from because someone could pay 80 Hcs for a dino when the dino is valued at 2T and the Throne is valued at 40Hcs. Which is okay. But when the Thrones are being traded at 30 Hcs and the value of the Throne goes to 30. The person who paid 80 Hcs for a dino that is valued at 2T makes it worth only 60 Hcs, thank you for posting and i hope habbox consider this change.

jrh2002
27-10-2007, 08:12 PM
I've waited for someone to make this thread. Everything should be valued in Hcs including Supers. This makes it alot easier. Because i see were your coming from because someone could pay 80 Hcs for a dino when the dino is valued at 2T and the Throne is valued at 40Hcs. Which is okay. But when the Thrones are being traded at 30 Hcs and the value of the Throne goes to 30. The person who paid 80 Hcs for a dino that is valued at 2T makes it worth only 60 Hcs, thank you for posting and i hope habbox consider this change.

Just how I think it should be :)

James!
27-10-2007, 08:22 PM
They was worth 18 last time I played. :P

@xP
27-10-2007, 11:54 PM
This is a fantastic quiestion.
The throne ruins the value.

1) The value is to high
2) The value changes every minute.

Of course, the value it meant to be high because everyone pays that pice.
But i agree, i think super rares should be in HC's.

It would be much easier for the department ect.

Very good questions +rep

Earthquake
28-10-2007, 03:01 AM
I pretty much agree, Like if the throne goes to 1HC, the super rares will be prices 3t.4cs

28-10-2007, 01:45 PM
This was all discussed ages ago with the Samovars, Holopods and Thrones. Now what Habbox should do is value supers in Club Sofas and move Thrones and the other two into supers. Everyone will be happy then and also it stops the possible risk of a Throne collapse.

Immenseman
28-10-2007, 01:56 PM
This was all discussed ages ago with the Samovars, Holopods and Thrones. Now what Habbox should do is value supers in Club Sofas and move Thrones and the other two into supers. Everyone will be happy then and also it stops the possible risk of a Throne collapse.

You know as well as I do unless a massive change of heart the Russian Samovar, Holopod and Throne will never be placed into the Super section on habbox.

Bibliophobia
28-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Because thrones are like HCs, they are the staple of buying things.

Like in the real world, hcs and thrones would be money, rares and super rares would be items.

Supers are based on thrones because you need a basis rare to value supers at, thrones were the rare that are easied to build a market on. Also because there are about 50,000 thrones, so they are common but rich enough to sustain a market.

If thrones collapsed, i'm sure we'd see supers valued in HCs or Typewriters or the such.

28-10-2007, 02:02 PM
You know as well as I do unless a massive change of heart the Russian Samovar, Holopod and Throne will never be placed into the Super section on habbox.

I know Jake, but what i'm saying is if sierk considers valuing supers in Club Sofas which he should do. There is a possibility the Throne could suffer in the long term or the short term, so to keep it up in value and please the public moving the ione Gifts into supers would make the Throne more stable.

Bibliophobia
28-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I know Jake, but what i'm saying is if sierk considers valuing supers in Club Sofas which he should do. There is a possibility the Throne could suffer in the long term or the short term, so to keep it up in value and please the public moving the ione Gifts into supers would make the Throne more stable.

I think we all know the supers section is far from stable. I do agree they should be moved but maybe not at this current time.

28-10-2007, 02:08 PM
I think we all know the supers section is far from stable. I do agree they should be moved but maybe not at this current time.

You don't get what I mean.

If supers were valued in Club Sofas, people may start selling their Thrones out of panic, this could lead to the Thrones rapidly decreaing, so to stop the decrease you put the Throne in with the supers which would either stable the Throne or make it rise.

You can call it 'fixing' but it needs sorting anyway so i'd do both at the same time.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!