PDA

View Full Version : [THE MEGA YEARLY DEBATE] Killer App

Fez
26-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Howdy, how is everyone? I'm getting the EoJ tommorow, I'm taking my 360 to be sold. So there's billions of games coming out this November, it's gonna be a killer for my wallet.

Anyway, this is the MEGA YEARLY DEBATE, and well it's a collection of stuff that haz stuff lolz.

So it's been a hectic month, Skate was released, Duelshock 3 was announced, Mass Effect was dated, Halo 3 went kabewmz, new PS3 was released, Mario Galaxy was released, SSBB was blown over with news and a new 360 was released.

Plus teh box of orange was released.

So anyway, the Mega Yearly question is.

dun-deh dur dur dur durrr

Is Videogaming Violence affecting the media?

I did ask a lot of you to send in your reasons, but only ActiveVision sended it in on tiem.

Hey,

Videogame Violence is at large in todays society, but the likes of it reflecting onto real life is untrue in my opinion.

People who do not know better or people who are mentally unstable should not be allowed to play games such as Manhunt, GTA etc.

Humans have a natural instinct, We do learn from TV and videogames but not onto the point of going on a killing spree. We have common sense and we understand from an early age that killing is wrong.

Videogames do show you what it could be like if violence took over, but its a virtual game. It does not reflect onto real life, People know that if they go and kill someone there will be a consequence.

However, people do kill and when they blame it on a video game, it gives that game a bad name even though the person who has killed might not of truely gotten the idea from the game.

.:; Johno

I have to agree with ActiveVision on everything, we all know Videogaming Violence is just there for... for umm...

Is it there for

Realism (simple, blood adds the fact that maybe they are human/alien)
Pressure (most teenagers enjoy a good game of mario, but their friends might not, maybe developers take advantage of a peer pressure)
Publicity (Maybe Rockstar wanted Manhunt 2 to get banned, just so they gained publicity before releasing a cut version in NA, and a Uncut version in Holland)Some of them are stupid, some of them are quite true, but which one is the main reason?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Games to Get this Month/November

* Stranglehold PS3,
* The Eye Of Judgement,
* Assassin's Creed,
* Haze,
* Unreal Tournement 3,
* Lego Star Wars : The Complete Saga,
* Medal Of Honor Airborne PS3,
* Mass Effect,
* Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare,
* Kane And Lynch : Dead Men,
* Ratchet And Clank Future : Tools Of Destruction,
* Uncharted : Drakes Fortune,
* Pro Evolution Soccer 7/ 2008,
* Project Gotham Racing 4,
* Tony Hawk's Proving Grounds,
* Bully Scholorship Edition,
* TimeShift,
* Guitar Hero 3,
* The Simpsons,
* Brothers In Arms : Hell's Highway,
* Brothers In Arms : Double Time,
* Rockstar Tennis,
* Crash Of The Titans,
* Sims 2 : Castaway,
* Metroid Prime : Corruptions,
* Medal Of Honor : Heroes 2,
* Rayman Raving Rabbids
* Godzilla Unleashed
* Endless Ocean
* WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2008
* SUPER MARIO GALAXY
* Mario And Sonic at the Olympic Games
* Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
* Need For Speed Prostreet
* Geo Wars : Galaxies

Proberly even more, but anyway, if you owned all 3 consoles, then the amount of good games that you want could total to £500+

So how do we afford all of these this year? Do we sell our old games? Do we do a few jobs for the Ol' Neighbour next door? We could do loads, but there is many ways to enjoy yourself this November, and still be affordable.

Rent it - we have been able to rent games for more than 8 years now, I personally use ChoicesUK for my games whenever I'm short on cash
SELL,SELL,SELL,BUY,BUY,BUY - Simply take down your old games to GAME or GAMESTATION and they'll give you a price in Cash and Store credit, you'll usually get more credit than cash, Gamestation do the best trades though.
Downloadings - The next generation of consoles allows users to interact with the internet to download games without even going out of the house! (except to get MSPoint cards/ Wii Points/ Credit Card) some classics like Rez, Crash Brandicoot and Geometry wars can be downloaded 4evur. Warhawk from the PSN is a great example of a downloadable game, it's a brilliant online game which mixes War Tactics with Pwnage-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game of the Year

BioShock got GoTY in the VG-BAFTAS, we might be seeing a GoTY edition soon, but what is the most likely game to get 2008 Goty?

It could be...

GTA IV
MGS4
LittleBigPlanet
Turok
Army Of Two
Far Cry 2
The Club
Devil May Cry 4
DAH! 3
Tom Clany's EndWar
God Of War : Chains of Olympus
Half-Life 2 :Episode Three
InFAMOUS
Mercs 2
SSBB
Mario Kart Wii
Splinter Cell 5
Wii FitHell loads of them there, I won't even go into detail, but I think that LittleBigPlanet could win it. Because it looks like what a game should do, it looks..fun

Anyway, they'll be a special November Storm question every week from next week.

Kthxbai

Niall!
26-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Add sonic and mario at the olympic games. Now.

It owned the nintnedo wii charts, SSBB shouldnt be on the list, it isn't out till next year.

Fez
26-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Add sonic and mario at the olympic games. Now.

It owned the nintnedo wii charts, SSBB shouldnt be on the list, it isn't out till next year.
I put Brawl on the 2008 list, lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!