PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever crashed your car?

Metric.
26-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Just after I got my licence I had a 2003 Yukon XL and I was driving down the highway and it was raining really heavy. I was doing below the speed-limit and I was watching carefully, because I was scared to hydroplane. I was behiend a van and it braked, really hard and I wouldn't have been able to stop so I swerved onto the shoulder and the shoulder was all loose gravel and the truck began to slide, I had absolutly no control or brakes, so I slid/drove right into the ditch.

I bent the frame, deployed the airbags, broke the front axle, and basicly ****ed over the front end and passenger side. It was a write-off.

The first thought that went through my mind was omg, then my mom is going to MURDER me. And I just sat there, and was like omg, what am I gunna do. Then I heard yelling and it was the woman driving the van and was screaming "are you OK" and I was like YES, and then she was like "can you get out" and I was like I think so, so I tried my door but it wouldn't open so I had to go out the window..

The woman, whos name was Laura, had 4 kids in her van with her at the time, she had a set a of 6 month old twins and a 2 and 4 year-old in her van. There were 2 children in the very back row of seats, and if I had rear-ended her, especially with a giant yukon, those kids might not be here today..

The hardest part was calling my mom, the only words I got out were "Mom, I had an accident" and then she was like "where are you I'm comming right now" and Laura took my phone and told her that I was fine, and where we were. It seemed like my mom came in an instant, probably because I was dreading seeing her.. Surprisingly she wasn't mad, she was more relieved that I was ok and that the kids were ok, Laura explained what happened and she kept appoligizing and my mom was like it's ok, it's ok! The car can be replaced, people can't!

We still talk to Laura, her and her husband come to my mom's christmas party every year.

Elliott$
26-10-2007, 04:27 PM
I don't drive.

edit; read your post lol, nice ending but not so nice for the car :)

Naruto!
26-10-2007, 04:34 PM
LOL I love readin your little stories.

cocaine
26-10-2007, 04:35 PM
4/5 of the forum dont drive.. :S

GommeInc
26-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Wow that's knida interesting and nice to know the van driver was nice about it :) How far away was the van and why did she brake heavily?

I've not had an accident... yet...

Loqo
26-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Nice little story as am bored at this time. :) I wish i had a car to crash, i cant drive but as soon as am 17 am planning on taking lessons and doing whatever to pass my test as soon as possible. Thanks for the story, sorry about the car.

L!nK
26-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Well my mum was driving and they was a diversion because they were filming harry potter film ( watched it then went off ) so we was going up the hill and another car was infront of us, we both turned the other way, and just smashed the side window

LUCKLY that was only thing we have been in.

;]

buttons
26-10-2007, 08:14 PM
My brother had his car for like 2 months, and he was speeding and it tumbled over a bank way, they were upside down and he didn't even know and he took his seatbelt off and banged his head LOLOLOL
wht a newb (:
but yeh, he has court, and theres one charge for 'injuring his friend' which is absolute crap.
fnx

adidas™
26-10-2007, 10:07 PM
no because i dont drive yet, dads had about 4/5 accidents tho lol.

:Liam
26-10-2007, 10:10 PM
well this was kinda my fault ( I dont drive btw) but my mum was driving and I distracted her accidently by putting the radio on really loud because my favourite song came on and she got angry because it hurt her ears and hit the wrong pedal and reversed into a lamp-post lol.

benjamin
26-10-2007, 10:12 PM
no, i havn't got my own car and don't drive much.

but my brother crashed 4 times, 3 different cars in 16 days..

Malachy
26-10-2007, 10:22 PM
I don't drive yet - but my brother drove into a fence first time he drove in the dark :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!