PDA

View Full Version : Skinning Tutorial?

benjamin
27-10-2007, 10:31 AM
I've never used this section before so don't shoot me if it's int he wrong category.

But is there any tutorials on how to make Forum Skins and stuff?

Thanks for help in advanced, and I'll rep you if you do help :]

Galaxay1
27-10-2007, 10:35 AM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1209/skinguideyb6.png

Made by mat64 :)

http://habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=1828465&postcount=2

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1209/skinguideyb6.png

benjamin
27-10-2007, 10:37 AM

Now I just need to find a forum to make one on rofl..

Galaxay1
27-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Arent you high in habmate? just make a skin that normal users cant view :P

benjamin
27-10-2007, 10:42 AM
I was Manager but I resigned, now I'm only Forum Moderator.

I've PM'd Rosie asking.. Doubt she will let me though :( You gotta be Admin I think?

Galaxay1
27-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Yeh you need adminCP :P

theres another way of doing but thats coding it all and cant find a tutorial on that :P

benjamin
27-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Oh bugger that, the only thing I can 'code' is my usertitle.. If that's coding lmao.

I am not very good at all this technical jazz.

Galaxay1
27-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Lol i'd never attempt to code a layout prefer just using adminCP way the way mats tut shows :P

benjamin
27-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Oh and if anyone wants to help out and let me try experiment on their Forum.. Then please feel free to do so :]!

I'm not going to **** around with anything, I just wanna try this.

Galaxay1
27-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Im sure rosie would let you aslong as you make it private and not public :P

benjamin
27-10-2007, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't do it Public anyway, but I dunno I always get the impression Rosie don't trust me.

Galaxay1
27-10-2007, 10:50 AM
If they gave you manager position im sure they do :P

L!nK
27-10-2007, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't do it Public anyway, but I dunno I always get the impression Rosie don't trust me.

I wouldn't encourage you but, upload a fake vbulletin on your server and just keep it yourself to experiment on.

OR

Go to the vbulletin demo and do it on there, and just save your XML ( the forum skin file ) to your computer, and next time you can upload it anywhere and try and edit your skin etc....

;)

Recursion
27-10-2007, 11:49 AM
aww thats for vbulletin :P IPB is wayyyyyy better.

benjamin
27-10-2007, 11:50 AM
I think Rosie is going to let me :D As long as I make her a Runescape skin for HabMate.

S'all good.

mat64
27-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Hehe good luck with it, Nice to know someone is still using my tutorial. Currently I use some vBulletin files I downloaded from a random forum and I just host them on my machine using Xampp that way you are the only one to view and access the forum and it's not going to get you in trouble :). I did make an attempt to make a skin for this forum about 4-5 months ago when I was asked by MAD, Sadly when I wanted to continue work on it I never got the details back from him but If you want to see a screenshot of what I did just let me know ;). As a side note I'd recommend using a full colour gradient thing to get your colours for the skin and perhaps using a very close gradient for the category bars etc and always ask around vbulletin.org if you need some more expert advice (as I'm not a fountain of knowledge ;)). Anyways, Once again best of luck!

benjamin
27-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Hehe good luck with it, Nice to know someone is still using my tutorial. Currently I use some vBulletin files I downloaded from a random forum and I just host them on my machine using Xampp that way you are the only one to view and access the forum and it's not going to get you in trouble :). I did make an attempt to make a skin for this forum about 4-5 months ago when I was asked by MAD, Sadly when I wanted to continue work on it I never got the details back from him but If you want to see a screenshot of what I did just let me know ;). As a side note I'd recommend using a full colour gradient thing to get your colours for the skin and perhaps using a very close gradient for the category bars etc and always ask around vbulletin.org if you need some more expert advice (as I'm not a fountain of knowledge ;)). Anyways, Once again best of luck!
Haha thanks :D
&PM me it? I'm curious now :P

Galaxay1
27-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Lol good luck with the runescape skin :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!