PDA

View Full Version : Should gay people be allowed to adopt?

myke
28-10-2007, 09:32 AM
I've always been wondering, what's your opinion.

I myself are straight, I think they should be able to.. just my opinion.
:)

What's yours?

VPSwow
28-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Depends because not been meen or anything but surly if someone grew up with gay perents they would get bullied and possibly hate their life.

Only my opinion though.

&
28-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Yes they should.
But im saying that because im gay -.-

but you also have to think about the environment that youre going to raise them in, is it safe? will they get bullied because his/her parents are gay? etc.

Edit: Also, they shouldnt be able to adpopt like 9yr olds, they should adopt babies. this way they can raise a child to understand the gay part understand theres nothing wrong with homosexuality etc :)

Nemo
28-10-2007, 09:46 AM
i think they should... im straight.

cocaine
28-10-2007, 09:49 AM
nope unless the parents can ensure their safety with other children.

hoosiers
28-10-2007, 09:49 AM
i don't think it'd be fair on the kid tbh.

Herman
28-10-2007, 09:55 AM
maybe at this point of time, no.

think of the kid who might get bullied and picked on at school for having 2 fathers or 2 mothers.

i'll sit on the fence though. if the child's safety is ensured, then by all means, go ahead.

prehaps it should be allowed in time.

BowTies1
28-10-2007, 01:22 PM
no because of bullys it would spoil the kids life.

--ss--
28-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Yes if they want to and the kid is alright with it then why not.

If a couple did decide to addopt I'd feel sorry for the kids seeing as how they'd get treated by others.

mlp16
28-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Yea they should,

Only idiots Would bully, There would be No need to Bully, Everyone Mainly Gets Bullied During school. and whats to say they are going to know that his Foster-Parents are gay? only his friends would know and they arnt gunna bully him are they.

Wootzeh
28-10-2007, 01:31 PM
no they shouldn't for reasons said above.

PaulMacC
28-10-2007, 01:32 PM
It would persuade the kid to grow up in a gay lifestyle thus turning out gay in the future.
Wouldnt be fair on the kid though.
You need a mothers touch.

mlp16
28-10-2007, 01:32 PM
It would persuade the kid to grow up in a gay lifestyle thus turning out gay in the future.
Wouldnt be fair on the kid though.
You need a mothers touch.

Even if you have Lez parents?

Grindie
28-10-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't think they should, nothing against gays, but its unfair on the kid to have an upbringing like that

English
28-10-2007, 01:51 PM
No they shouldn't.

Turnip
28-10-2007, 02:01 PM
yeah, they should be able too..

at the end of the day.
if they are happy together, no-one else will bother them?

You
28-10-2007, 02:02 PM
;4061553']
But im saying that because im gay -.-

Don't lie :P. Anyway, I think they should be allowed too.

!!Max!!
28-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Everyones reason for them not adpoting is because of bullying? Most children get bullied in their childhood, children pick at anything they can, if its not for having gay parents it would be for being fat or ginger hair? They should be allowed and yes they may be bullied but they would most likely be bullied anyway for a different reason.

PaulMacC
28-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Even if you have Lez parents?

You need a fathers touch

A dad teaches you the boy stuff liek sports and stuff.

A mum teaches you how to be kind, cook etc.

!!Max!!
28-10-2007, 02:06 PM
You need a fathers touch

What happens if there is no dad and just a mother then? Ever heard of a single parent family?

PaulMacC
28-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Yes I have.
But you'd be getting double the amount of attention from that gender of parent thus causing a unbalanced "touch"

If there's one mother, the boy will learn to cope on his own and most Single parent familys usually have dads until their teenage years.

-:Undertaker:-
28-10-2007, 02:35 PM
No because they will be bullied and have terrible childhoods.

GommeInc
28-10-2007, 02:37 PM
I think they can if they can prove that they will give the child a good quality of life. If the child is bullied, who really is to blame? No one, the only person at fault is the moronic bully.

BIG-BAD-BOSS
28-10-2007, 02:39 PM
No, reason is that the child might grow up gay, which it may not want to be but is taught to be gay. If you understand what I mean. Plus they'd probably be bullied, which isn't right.

Also please note: I am not a homophobic and I don't have anything against gays. :)

GommeInc
28-10-2007, 02:42 PM
No, reason is that the child might grow up gay, which it may not want to be but is taught to be gay. If you understand what I mean. Plus they'd probably be bullied, which isn't right.

Also please note: I am not a homophobic and I don't have anything against gays. :)
And so what if the child grows up to be gay? As long as that child is happy, what's stopping them? As stated, if they are bullied, it is the bully who has social problems, not the gay child. If he wants to be straight, he will be. I really don't see how a parents influence would make a child forcefully be a type of sexuality, it's stupid thinking that "/ They would act gay, but be straight. Most people do till they reach adulthood and possibly "come out."

Also people are seeing black and white. You can learn to cook from your father and learn to be kind from both. It isn't all cooking and kindness with mothers, and who is to say fathers will be mean :rolleyes:

BIG-BAD-BOSS
28-10-2007, 02:47 PM
But maybe they'd be happier being straight, maybe the parents wont give them a choice.

I'm not going to argue with gommeinc you'll win. *drops guns*

BIG-BAD-BOSS
28-10-2007, 02:47 PM
edit: sorry for double post delete pls comp lagged

GommeInc
28-10-2007, 02:48 PM
But maybe they'd be happier being straight, maybe the parents wont give them a choice.

I'm not going to argue with gommeinc you'll win. *drops guns*
They may well be happier straight, but then again someone who is straight maybe happier being gay, but that's if you can turn on and off a sexuality, this is ignoring bisexuals.

Grimmauld
28-10-2007, 02:52 PM
yeeeaahhh

Elliott$
28-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Depends because not been meen or anything but surly if someone grew up with gay perents they would get bullied and possibly hate their life.

Only my opinion though.
Agreed

Neversoft
28-10-2007, 03:05 PM
In my opinion, no.

lAdmire
28-10-2007, 06:30 PM
I would say no because kids are mean. Imagine going on a school trip with both your parents & your friends & peers find out you ain't got a momma. You would probably be picked on. Or if they found out you don't have a daddy.

:Liam
28-10-2007, 06:37 PM
You need a fathers touch

I think thats a bit stereotypical of you tbh. Your saying that men only do masculine things and women only do feminine things. its not true.

Anway back on topic. I support gay adoption, I'm straight btw. I have a friend who has gay parents (lesbians) and no one makes fun of her, no one really knows tbh apart from her close friends. I dont think its such a problem. Whos to say that someone would be a bad parent because they are gay? everyone is different, theres some straight people out there who have kids but are terrible parents. and the people who say someone who is raised by gay people would mean they would grow up to be gay, 2 things with that, why is that such a bad thing? and its not true either because straight people who have kids, their kids dont always turn out straight do they?

Ellen Degeneres:
She is a great women who is kind and caring, whos to say she couldnt raise a child?
http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/I/g/8/tiffany03290613.jpg

William Sledd:
he has said his ultimate dream is to adopt a child. he is a nice happy caring person, whos to say he couldnt look after a child?
http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/us/news/editorial/d/1e/d1e6b3de59d8694d0a4bbb94be87a54a.jpeg

joshuar
28-10-2007, 06:38 PM
I think they should be allowed to adopt, not really fair.

But then it could be unfair on the kid aswell.

If we're letting them adopt, we should let them drive, get jobs, go on the bus.

Basically, it's not fair to not let them adopt.

GommeInc
28-10-2007, 06:43 PM
I would say no because kids are mean. Imagine going on a school trip with both your parents & your friends & peers find out you ain't got a momma. You would probably be picked on. Or if they found out you don't have a daddy.
Then you just say back to them "Get with the times. I have no problems but you sure do! I am happy with my two dads. Go bully someone with a reason." Bullies are normally social rejects, so I guess they'll bully over something as trivial as same sex parents...

Plank
28-10-2007, 06:45 PM
I think most kids, including me, wouldn't want to be bought up with two gay parents (boy/boy or girl/girl) because of the embarrassment and maybe bullying while they are at school.

If I put myself in a situation such as:

"Kid in class: What are your parents' names?
Me: Jack and Bob
Kid in class: hahahaha"

I would hate it.

tart
28-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Yea they should,

Only idiots Would bully, There would be No need to Bully, Everyone Mainly Gets Bullied During school. and whats to say they are going to know that his Foster-Parents are gay? only his friends would know and they arnt gunna bully him are they.

I totally agree with your point however there are idiots out there that bully.

Roboevil
28-10-2007, 09:52 PM
I hate the whole "no because they'd get bullied in school." People get bullied for everything... that's like saying "we shouldn't allow fat people to have children because they're likely to get a fat child who'll get bullied in school."
It's the same with the whole "children need a mother/father figure in their life." So, what if a father in a family dies then the children have to be taken away from their mother?

There's this girl who was in my old school, her parents were both women, her mum was lesbian after having her and broke up with the girl's father. But the point is that she had two mothers living with her--but she got on fine. I didn't even know untill half-way through year 11. It's not like it's compulsory for a child to tell everyone that his/her parents are gay.

RedStratocas
28-10-2007, 10:21 PM
i don't see why not. this kind of stuff has to start somewhere. eventually it will be a common thing. it's like divorce, kids used to get picked on for having divorced parents, but now it's so common.

If I put myself in a situation such as:

"Kid in class: What are your parents' names?
Me: Jack and Bob
Kid in class: hahahaha"

i cant think of any time when someone asked what my parents' names were :/

Ezzie.
28-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Yes they should, im straight btw.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!