PDA

View Full Version : Host question?

msb.
29-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Say if i owned a forum and it only allowed me a certain bandwich... is it possible for me to go over, or does it not allow it?

.L!nK.
29-10-2007, 05:00 PM
that isn't really a forum question, thats a host question.

I think it will go over.

msb.
29-10-2007, 05:13 PM
that isn't really a forum question, thats a host question.

I think it will go over.
what happens if it goes over, can i get sued?

.L!nK.
29-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Depends what the hosts T & C is.

But its not likely it will go over.

You worry to much

Lycan
29-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Depends, some hosts automatically cut you off at your limit ... others let you keep going and bill you for the extra used

msb.
29-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Depends what the hosts T & C is.

But its not likely it will go over.

You worry to much

agreed i do worry to much lol :S

Depends, some hosts automatically cut you off at your limit ... others let you keep going and bill you for the extra used

on a vbulletin forum, what would happen?

.L!nK.
29-10-2007, 05:52 PM

nothing that i know of, maybe an error

Beau
30-10-2007, 04:51 AM
What is your bandwith limit? I highly doubt you'd get near to getting over it, considering most hosts these days offer bandwiths exceeding 10GB.

As for what vB would do, if your host will just bill you extra, nothing, it'll work as it should. If your host cuts your package off until the next month, then the boards won't load at all.

Lycan
30-10-2007, 09:10 AM

Well in the case your host suspended the site. then the page just wouldn't load or forward you to a 'this site is suspended' page until the new month where your allocation would be reset.

A normal vbulletin without heavy images or games will under 500 members should not exceed 10Gb a month

But the minute you start including a vast amountof games or heavy images the usage will go up, i've run forums which have exceeded quite high bandwidth figures in the last 2 years :)

Puma
30-10-2007, 01:41 PM
they will charge you more if you go over your bandwidth.. some host will stop the host and give you a nice error page =)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!