PDA

View Full Version : International Baccalaureate

peterwill
30-10-2007, 02:39 PM
I was just wondering if anybody else done the International Baccalaureate :)?

I am in my first year at Truro College :)!

How are you finding it? CAS hours and all that?

Steven.
30-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Never got my head around it to be honest. I believe some people came into school before to talk about it but very briefly :).

What is it like?

- Just realised what college you go, i goto Cornwall College (Camb). (:

alexxxxx
30-10-2007, 04:51 PM
It's the French one isn't it? But in English? I wanted to do it for A-Level, but no school does it nearby.

JackHb
30-10-2007, 05:25 PM
When I went to college there was compulsary Welsh Baccelurate, I don't know if that is similar or anything? But it was a waste of time lol, It was like nursery they made us do stuff like "imagine you were making a new drink, and write down what you would like it to be like", "design a poster".
I just sat there and tried to sleep, it was like watching paint dry! But the teacher didnt attend about 20 or more lessons in a row as he had to teach another class and no1 reported it so I had alot of frees :)

:Liam
30-10-2007, 08:37 PM
My school provide this, I want to do it instead of A levels, because a friend of mine who went to your school passed hers and got offered to cambridge, oxford, durham and south hamton university. So I want to do it because universitys prefer it over A levels.

alexxxxx
30-10-2007, 09:17 PM
it's also good if you wanna work abroad cause it's more of a world-wide degree than an A-Level.

peterwill
31-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Steven, Are you first year? What are you doing there, I know people there :)

Alex: They do it in France, but it's all over the world. It's very popular in China. There is a school in Cornwall (Bolitho) where all they do in their sixth form is IB, because the majoring are Cantoneese borders.

Jack: I think it's much like the Welsh baccalaureate, but the way you described that, I'm not sure now :P! It's not like that at all!

Just to tell anyone who didn't know, you do six subjects. Three at higher level, and three at standard :)!

You have to do Maths, English, A Science and A Modern Foreign Language. Then you can do a humanities and an art, or if you can't/don't want to do an art (drama, music or art and design) then you can double up on a different catagory :)!

I am doing History (H), Music (H), Biology (H), Maths (S), English (S) and Italian (S/ab initio)

:)!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!