PDA

View Full Version : i almost got hit by a car today

spot.
30-10-2007, 02:50 PM
wowowowow
i was getting ready to cross the street and of course i have the right of way and some moron takes the corner to sharply and almost cuts me off at his corner. i was so mad i kicked the guys bumper in and ran away if he tries to sue me then i will explain my case o well though :rolleyes:

jesus
30-10-2007, 02:54 PM
why cant he have just hit you =[

Hoodstar
30-10-2007, 02:56 PM
sounds like he couldnt finish the job off.

bottled it.

spot.
30-10-2007, 03:03 PM
not very nice ;?/

Charlie
30-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Maybe, you should be more careful.

CrazyColaist
30-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Lmao! good on you,

Jackk
30-10-2007, 03:39 PM
i tried my best to hit you:(

Swearwolf
30-10-2007, 03:53 PM
i can imagine u kickin his bumper in i rofl'd

Charlie
30-10-2007, 03:54 PM
It's funny how when you cross at the right time and the idiot in the car made the mistake, they are always annoyed at you for making them brake so soon.

DJ-Vimto
30-10-2007, 03:58 PM
i tried my best to hit you:(

i want a refund! you promised me you wouldnt miss :@

SHOKER
30-10-2007, 05:59 PM
how can you kick his bumper he he was driving fast not like he gna stop nub anyway obv lying

i wish it was real and yu died so oyou can see "mommy&your sister" in heaven you FREAK

Firehorse
30-10-2007, 06:17 PM
meh.. Happens all the time in Brent (London)

Believe it or not I almost got killed in my school just queuing for lunch when a massive metal box fell from the ceiling 2 cm's from my nose and clipped my shoe. If i was standing 4cm's forward I would have died as it was at least 15kg and had sharp corners.

I didn't even get a free cookie from the canteen so I hustled one :)

FlyingJesus
30-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Pretty sure cars have right of way on the road, especially if it's close enough to have nearly hit you.

GommeInc
30-10-2007, 07:15 PM
You do realise, even though you have right of way, that it doesn't mean you can cross with out looking? You're to blame, for thinking you can cross when a car is coming. Also, kicking the car gets you in trouble, for attempted vandalism.

I can't wait for tomorrows bull dog story :P

30-10-2007, 07:29 PM
YOU IDIOT. Your supposed to take one for the team, then sue his *** and make lots of mula. :l

alex 1889
30-10-2007, 07:43 PM
You shouldnt cross so many roads then :l

Lycan
30-10-2007, 07:45 PM
so close yet, so far

Adam$
30-10-2007, 07:52 PM
"Crap, Missed."

lAdmire
30-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Wow. That's bad. Why people drive so bad?

Naruto!
30-10-2007, 08:17 PM
don't tease me.

Adam$
30-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Furthermore, how, exactly did YOU have right of way?

Azul
30-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Morons like you are the reason I failed my test first time round.

You
30-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Furthermore, how, exactly did YOU have right of way?
Zebra crossing probs?

Metric.
30-10-2007, 09:25 PM
I should have backed up..

Adam$
30-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Zebra crossing probs?
Maybe but surely he must have seen the car?

Metric.
30-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Maybe but surely he must have seen the car?

He's dense as ****, so probably not?

@xP
30-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Maybe, you should be more careful.

i agree.

look carefully when crossing.

Adam$
30-10-2007, 10:12 PM
He's dense as ****, so probably not?
Yes that is quite a high possibility.

spot.
30-10-2007, 10:28 PM
morons, i have the right of way i couldnt even see the corner because of the blind spot so how can i look
fault=drivers even if there is no blind spot
bibi :P

You
30-10-2007, 10:28 PM
I should have backed up..
haha, good one.

GommeInc
30-10-2007, 11:07 PM
morons, i have the right of way i couldnt even see the corner because of the blind spot so how can i look
fault=drivers even if there is no blind spot
bibi :P
The driver may not of seen you either. If you had any brains; stop, look and listen would be what should of been going through your mind, not blindly walk over a road without pausing. It is not the drivers fault, you may have right of way, but you can abuse such a right by thinking you can cross without having the simple thought of looking when a car is pausing. I also doubt you kicked the cars bumper, unless you got hit by this car and the brief second before you hit the ground you decided to kick it "/

spot.
30-10-2007, 11:22 PM
The driver may not of seen you either. If you had any brains; stop, look and listen would be what should of been going through your mind, not blindly walk over a road without pausing. It is not the drivers fault, you may have right of way, but you can abuse such a right by thinking you can cross without having the simple thought of looking when a car is pausing. I also doubt you kicked the cars bumper, unless you got hit by this car and the brief second before you hit the ground you decided to kick it "/
protip: its always the drivers fault during a pedestrian collision no matter the situation
now please go away :)

GommeInc
30-10-2007, 11:27 PM
protip: its always the drivers fault during a pedestrian collision no matter the situation
now please go away :)
False - It's not always the driver's fault. In many cases a driver has gotten away freely, like some collisions including children, where a parent is normally to blame or even teenagers being too daft to look out for traffic, especially when video evidence is brought forward. The driver would be to blame if he hit you, but you would be warned for walking out infront of traffic and if video evidence was put forward in defence of the driver, you would be the one in trouble and the driver would be probably only get away with a tip of being a bit more careful and possibly be shaken by the whole experience.

spot.
30-10-2007, 11:37 PM
in this case its the drivers fault since its a corner, therefore he would have to stop and look not budge out and cut me off im not to blame since im in the middle of the intersection

and its almost always the drivers fault unless someone purposly jumps infront of a car, you would know this if you take any legal courses

Stephen
30-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Dude why are you lying. Saying a little 5 year old on a bike is a speeding car nearly running you over :rolleyes:

Tbh I would call it bullying kicking a little kids bike.

GommeInc
31-10-2007, 12:28 AM
in this case its the drivers fault since its a corner, therefore he would have to stop and look not budge out and cut me off im not to blame since im in the middle of the intersection

and its almost always the drivers fault unless someone purposly jumps infront of a car, you would know this if you take any legal courses
So when you enter a car and become a driver, you can magically see round corners? Strange, I don't have this ability... It wasn;t the drivers fault, you must be very deaf not to hear a car race passed you. You have to stop, look and listen, like you probably were taught in Reception or Year 1 about Road Safety. The driver would be told off, but you havbe to live with the guilt that you damaged yourself by thinking you have some sort of right of way at a crossing which means a car has to stop, even if it is travelling 30mph and the crossing is 2 metres away.

spot.
31-10-2007, 12:47 AM
i was already in the intersection if you couldnt read so there was nothing else i can do, and to see around corners you peek out slowly b4 cutting the corner fast and i do drive tyvm

now just stop your making yourself look like an idiot :)
and why cant you get it through your head that legally the driver is almost always at fault?

GommeInc
31-10-2007, 12:55 AM
So when you go round each corner you have to slow down to about 5-10 mph :rolleyes: I very much doubt you drive, because if you did you would of read in the Highway Code the basic things that although pedestrians have right of way, it doesn't mean they can simply jump out onto the crossing. If a car is going any speed from 30 to 60mph, they cannot simply slow down to a halt in a few seconds and to avoid a collision with another car or pedestrians i.e. you, have to be prepared. You can hear a car coming, but a car cannot hear you ;)

Also, I have read that zebra crossings aren't by law meant to be placed on a corner... You have to allow a few 100 yards of straight road or clear, viewable road to have one, so I doubt this 'corner zebra/traffic light crossing' was anywhere near a corner to begin with, unless you live ina very peculiar and dangerous area.

I'm also reading a childrens safe crossing guide and it specifically says "Do NOT cross on a corner or bend."

Lycan
31-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Everytime i go to london i almost get hit by something, so used to less busier roads... and drivers that care

GommeInc
31-10-2007, 01:02 AM
The website I am reading is quite interesting. You say you were on the central reservation? According to this website, each side of the road is a seperate crossing, so really you should of waited "/

spot.
31-10-2007, 01:05 AM
it doesn't mean they can simply jump out onto the crossing.

i was already on the godamn crossing when the car cut the corner too quickly get that through your damn head

or it could be reading comprehension problems. :eusa_clap

GommeInc
31-10-2007, 01:08 AM
i was already on the godamn crossing when the car cut the corner too quickly get that through your damn head

or it could be reading comprehension problems. :eusa_clap

wowowowow
i was getting ready to cross the street and of course i have the right of way
Contradicting yourself again, so you were on the crossing getting ready to cross on the crossing. Makes no sense to me, must be your habit of changing your story :rolleyes: You also said somewhere you were already on the central reservation.

Lycan
31-10-2007, 01:10 AM
of course hes making it up, thats what make his threads so intresting... oh to have the imagination of someone so simple minded

spot.
31-10-2007, 01:23 AM
im taking crap from a person who can drive a car and owns and updates a habbo site...ROFL
bye n ow

t0tsy
31-10-2007, 01:31 AM
im taking crap from a person who can drive a car and owns and updates a habbo site...ROFL
bye n ow

yes, yes you are :)

GommeInc
31-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Finally I can get some sleep!

Also, normally people wouldn't use "he can drive a car" as an insult... But meh, I am off to bed now.

spot.
31-10-2007, 01:36 AM
u obv didnt get it
a person that is the age to drive a car is too old to be updating and keep track of habbo

GommeInc
31-10-2007, 01:38 AM
Says what? It hardly takes alot of time "/ I see you must be losing this argument, because now you're attempting personal insults which always fail miserably :rolleyes:

spot.
31-10-2007, 01:42 AM
i never said it takes alot of time
i meant the fact that you still have an interest of habbo at your age automaticlly makes you a loser
good bye now :)

GommeInc
31-10-2007, 01:43 AM
Ah here comes the lack of knowledge part of the argument. Habbo bores the death out of me, and people rely on my site for the furni watch, so I update that quickly when a new rare comes out. I've not logged into Habbo properly for days!

t0tsy
31-10-2007, 01:45 AM
i never said it takes alot of time
i meant the fact that you still have an interest of habbo at your age automaticlly makes you a loser
good bye now :)

How old are you likes?

GoldSolid
31-10-2007, 09:45 AM
I got hit by a car once. This year on valentines day I was crossing the road that goes to my school and I came out from behind a van and BOOOOM it sent me flying and I broke my shoulder lol. Guess I was lucky not to have died. :D

[DC]eption
31-10-2007, 10:02 AM
u obv didnt get it
a person that is the age to drive a car is too old to be updating and keep track of habbo

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=414652

You just buying a car for the fun of it then?

t0tsy
31-10-2007, 12:21 PM
eption;4073410']http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=414652

You just buying a car for the fun of it then?

He's stupid.
If he's getting a car he's obviously 16/17 or older.
But he says Gom is too old to use the forum etc..RIIGHT!

Abzii
31-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Same thing happend to me

Adam$
31-10-2007, 03:58 PM

whats with the american words such as "intersection" and "tranny" when you are clearly english?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!