PDA

View Full Version : Halloween - Parent's contradiction

Endomax
31-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Ok, just been thinking about this as I was coming in and thought I would post it on here to see if you's thought the same.

Halloween contradictions by parents.

Scary movies. When your a child you get told by your parents not to watch scary movies, yet on halloween they allow you to dress up as characters from such movies? wierd?

When your a child you also get told not to talk to strangers - yet on halloween they allow you to go around strangers doors and ask for sweets, which is another thing as a child you are told not to do; "dont take sweets from strangers" but just because it's halloween, years of telling you not to do something vanish and your allowed to do these.

Dont get me wrong I used to love going out trick o' treating with friends but just a thought :). Maybe its me just becoming the scrooge of halloween :( who knows?

Loqo
31-10-2007, 07:59 PM
I dont think dressing up as a character from a scary movie is as worse as watching the film. But i see your point.

31-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Never really thought about this. But I guess your right. Maybe it's becuase of the tradition sort of.

Endomax
31-10-2007, 08:34 PM
I dont think dressing up as a character from a scary movie is as worse as watching the film. But i see your point.

Suppose so, just by allowing you dress up as them tempts you even more to watch the film :rolleyes:

Loqo
31-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Suppose so, just by allowing you dress up as them tempts you even more to watch the film :rolleyes:
Seeing as their little kids they might not have access to seeing the film.

Recursion
31-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Mum and dad don't care what I do as long as I don't do anything wrong like egg a house which I wouldn't do anyway. They know im not going to copy a movie or a game. They tell us not to talk to strangers when you are young, when your a teenager/adult who cares XD Anyway, down my road they always say "where you from?" and if they come from out of the village they get no treats. And anyway, we know everyone down my road XD

Lycan
31-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Halloween should be named perverts day...

Little kids come nocking at there door and ask for sweets.

Recursion
31-10-2007, 10:34 PM
lol, these kids came to the door and we gave them some sweets and got 2 toffee apples back, we were like OK!

Naruto!
31-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Do you really think most parents who don't want their children to watch scary movies would let them wander about on Halloween without supervision?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!