PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Game

Neil
01-11-2007, 11:02 PM
My brother pre-ordered it, it came today and I just completed it, I wouldn't say it's as great as hit and run was but it's definitly fun to play, the levels are fun, you need to solve a few simple puzzles along the way, you unlock some really cool abilities, like Lisa can use some sort of Buddist thing where you can move objects around a small area which is used quite alot to solve puzzles or just to get to another area of the map

But yea, I would definitly reccommend this as something to pick up, if you're not a fan of collecting things then I would suggest only renting it but if you don't mind exploring the game for collectables then you might wanna buy it, I donno xD
Great game anyway

Azul
01-11-2007, 11:46 PM
I thought Hit and Run was awful myself, but I enjoyed the demo of this game, definitely not going to buy it though. I think i'm going to rent this and Timeshift tommorow.

You
01-11-2007, 11:48 PM
It's out already? Thought it isn't released untill next Friday :o

Azul
01-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Out tommorow.

Jargit
02-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Simpsons Game...

true disaster

Was absolutley shocking!

Neil
02-11-2007, 12:18 AM
It's out already? Thought it isn't released untill next Friday :o

That's what I was thinking, I wasn't expecting it to come today xD

Simpsons Game...

true disaster

Was absolutley shocking!

I liked it, I wouldn't say disaster, it was quite funny and a good play it just wouldn't last very long

Jord
02-11-2007, 12:19 AM
Oo you finished it allready? I dont even think it out in england. So you clocked it in 1 day? Oo

Neil
02-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Oo you finished it allready? I dont even think it out in england. So you clocked it in 1 day? Oo

Yea it is very easy, but that is with very limited exploring of Springfield, I still have all the collectables, time trials and stuff to do but the main story only took a day, best achievement of the game

"Press Start to Play" xD

Guillotine
02-11-2007, 12:27 AM
You completed it in one day ?
Do you not stop for air !!

CJW93
02-11-2007, 08:51 AM
I downloaded the demo from the marketplace and though it was **** becuase of the camera angles keeped on moving

Marky.
02-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Yea it is very easy, but that is with very limited exploring of Springfield, I still have all the collectables, time trials and stuff to do but the main story only took a day, best achievement of the game

"Press Start to Play" xD

thats rly an achie?!

Dan
02-11-2007, 11:56 AM
looked pretty good when it came into work but they wouldnt sell me it cos it wasnt the release date :(

Jord
02-11-2007, 12:25 PM

"Press Start to Play" xD

:P I shouldnt get it then wasting cash if its easy i like games where its hard.

Neil
02-11-2007, 01:21 PM
I downloaded the demo from the marketplace and though it was **** becuase of the camera angles keeped on moving

Yea I hated that but they are fine in the final game, you just can't move the camera if you're next to a building which is fine because you are in the best view for that situation, if you could move the camera the whole way you'd prob just see the building xD

thats rly an achie?!

Yea, first one you get, only 5GS though lol

:P I shouldnt get it then wasting cash if its easy i like games where its hard.

The game is hard if you're trying to get the missions done within the target times, that is tough to do xD
You should at least rent it because it's a good game

alex 1889
02-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Simpsons Game...

true disaster

Was absolutley shocking!
If you love a great camera and some highly original platforming dont buy this game :eusa_danc

Neil
02-11-2007, 01:34 PM
If you love a great camera and some highly original platforming dont buy this game :eusa_danc

It's not meant to be original?
Well the story line isn't original, but it's all about clichés

Just wondering, have you even played the game?

alex 1889
02-11-2007, 01:54 PM
It's not meant to be original?
Well the story line isn't original, but it's all about clichés

Just wondering, have you even played the game?
Yes i have played the demo and played the roleplaying style game at blockbuster. The camera became very irritating and it just fekt like a very basic platformer

Neil
02-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Yes i have played the demo and played the roleplaying style game at blockbuster. The camera became very irritating and it just fekt like a very basic platformer

So you played 2 whole levels? That's not really enough for you to say about the style of game it is, the camera angles are fine, I had no problems with it, and it's not basic, it's nothing like other games, didn't you notice all the clichés while playing the NeverQuest level?
When you enter the dungeon it goes to a Gauntlet styled game with a maze, infinite enemy respawns coming from the same sort of things they did in Gauntlet, then having to kill the dragon the same way to play the game "Joust"
How can you say that is anything like any other platformer? :S

Azul
02-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Went to Blockbuster to rent this and Timeshift. They didnt have Timeshift to rent, but at £4.95 they're not getting my money for The Simpsons game.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!