PDA

View Full Version : NYC

-Soph-
02-11-2007, 04:53 AM
I arranged a trip for my birthday in September, stopping in Manhattan - nice!

i'm only going to be there for a long weekend, I know i'm planning wayy ahead here - i've never been to NY before (unless the airport counts), what's a definite see and what's a definite miss?
basically, where should I go, where shouldn't I go?
I know the area and what's there reasonbly well, even though i've never been - I know people who have.. bare in mind - I only have 3 days!

+rep to anyone who's useful :}}
merci!

dbdb
02-11-2007, 05:33 AM
Have you found some interesting things in Spain? I think in Barcelona you must be sure to check out Picasso museum. Am I right? Also in Spain there are many other beautiful scenes worthy visiting, such as the sandy beach and in Tenerife you can have a comfortable sunbath. And cities like mallorca (http://www.mallorcaspain.net) and costa del sol car hire (http://www.costadelsolspain.org) are all unforgettable, and I'd love to go back for awhile.

-Soph-
02-11-2007, 12:31 PM
one problem.. i'm not going to Spain

lScottl
02-11-2007, 05:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvF_nxXJO5s

hehehehehegHSSGAHAGAhaGAhag

Geraint
02-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Empire State building, Broadway, site of the twin towers, times square, central park, a neighbourhood called Chelsea if you like art and gays, SoHo for upscale shopping, the American Musuem of Natural History.

That should keep you occupied for your trip. There are more but these are the better ones.

DeejayMachoo$
02-11-2007, 09:39 PM
all i know thats good is times sq and statchu of liberty?

CustomHabbo
03-11-2007, 01:19 AM
theres alot to do there. First theres the feast of San Gennaro in little italy witch is in the middle of september not sure witch days but ask when your there or go check for yourself. Just ask to go to the corner on mulberry and canal im pretty sure. just to warn you its VERY crowded so if you get nervous that isnt the best place for you to be.
The feast is fun it has amazing foods, a few games and lots of stores. If your interested in all those expensive coach and whatever purses chinatown (right next to little italy) they have all those knock-offs of the real ones and they look exactly the same but for less than half the price. ooh yeah stop off at ferraras they have amazing desserts.

Another good place is Times Square. there are alot of flagship clothes stores that only sell that stuff in that store, nowhere else. The wax museum is a fun place. Ive been there a couple of times with different people. Also they just finished a Ripleys believe it or not right near the wax museum. you need to go in there it is amazing. theres alot more that u can do there too

Central park is alright, not much to do in there but it might be worth it to give it an hour or 2. You might want to go to one of the broadway shows.

Theres alot more but i gotta go. PM me if you have any questions. btw i practically live there if your wondering how i know all this

Loqo
03-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Damm your lucky. :D. Where were having thoughts about going NYC in December but with us getting a extension its pushed to next year. (I hope) I would love to go. Go to The Empire State building. You can get a lift to the top and have a look at the few. And Ground Zero where once the twin towers stood. Hope you have a good time, am sure you will.

CustomHabbo
03-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Damm your lucky. :D. Where were having thoughts about going NYC in December but with us getting a extension its pushed to next year. (I hope) I would love to go. Go to The Empire State building. You can get a lift to the top and have a look at the few. And Ground Zero where once the twin towers stood. Hope you have a good time, am sure you will.

You cant see much at ground zero they had fences up the past few years. Unless you want to look at a little square with no building then i suggest you dont even bother unless your passing by but thats all the way near battery park

MrGazet
05-11-2007, 02:25 PM
wow id love to go to nyc ;] well not sure of gr8 places.google up :P

-Soph-
06-11-2007, 01:30 PM
You cant see much at ground zero they had fences up the past few years. Unless you want to look at a little square with no building then i suggest you dont even bother unless your passing by but thats all the way near battery park

my mum went like, 6 months ago and she said it was all open?
anyway, that's one of the places that I definitely do want to go.

The empire state, yeahh, I bet the view from up there is amazing.... my parents told me that Central Park is a good place to go to as well..

As for the shopping, I realllly despise shopping, lol.
thanks everyone :D

CustomHabbo
06-11-2007, 09:54 PM
my mum went like, 6 months ago and she said it was all open?
anyway, that's one of the places that I definitely do want to go.

The empire state, yeahh, I bet the view from up there is amazing.... my parents told me that Central Park is a good place to go to as well..

As for the shopping, I realllly despise shopping, lol.
thanks everyone :D

central park is nice but not something you want to spend a whole day on

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!