PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

Bouncing
02-11-2007, 11:51 PM
What should I do, get a psp in like a month or sooner whatever, or wait like till christmas to get a wii? I need some sort of console NOWW.

flux
02-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Well I don't get why you're asking us, you should do whatever you think you'd enjoy most.
In my opinion, PSP. With the Wii, the novelty wears off very quick..
But I wouldn't get neither, xBox 360 ta :]

BowTies1
03-11-2007, 12:00 AM
youll be waiting alot longer than chistmas for a wii go for 360

Hitman
03-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Get a psp.

I still like ps2, or pc games.

Chippiewill
03-11-2007, 12:09 AM
go for psp

FlyingJesus
03-11-2007, 12:27 AM
have a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaannnnnnnn alangagnangang

Edited by Wizzdom (Forum Moderator) - Please do not pointless post

Hitman
03-11-2007, 12:33 AM
have a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaannnnnnnn alangagnangang*waits for the fool to ask how much they cost*

Neversoft
03-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Wii. Novelty doesn't wear off!""$234"!$1""£!¬!1!!!!111!1

FlyingJesus
03-11-2007, 12:38 AM
novelty wears off after like 20 mins of waving around then realising u got a console to play fun games not to exercise. ps2 pls!

Niall!
03-11-2007, 12:44 AM
novelty wears off after like 20 mins of waving around then realising u got a console to play fun games not to exercise. ps2 pls!

THATS THE STUPIDEST ******* THING I'VE HEARD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

You bought a console to play fun games not to excercise? LMAO LMAO
I bought the Wii for fun games. Guess what? Now I get to excercise my arms AND have fun!

Wait for a Wii, and get Smash bros brawl when it comes out. You WILL NOT regret the wait. In the meantime, zelda twighlight princess, Godfather (if you like that sort of game), red steel, excite truck, and Mario strikers (online play) could amuse you till then. Forget the PSP, a Wii is worth the wait.

Neversoft
03-11-2007, 12:44 AM

lol, ps2. you're not even a gamer m8, u still play a last-gen console! ur a disgrace! u don't even need to wave your remote about unless ur playing wii sports!£!"31`¬12¬1!!!!111

Niall!
03-11-2007, 12:45 AM
lol, ps2. you're not even a gamer m8, u still play a last-gen console! ur a disgrace! u don't even need to wave your remote about unless ur playing wii sports!£!"31`¬12¬1!!!!111

LMAOOOO

Ino, and who plays wii sports THAT often?

FlyingJesus
03-11-2007, 12:50 AM
aint the whole point of the wiis SUPER TECHNOLOGY the crappy little sensor thing which you could get on like ps1 :S also the games are pretty rubbish, ps2 has all the best games basically

Niall!
03-11-2007, 12:56 AM
aint the whole point of the wiis SUPER TECHNOLOGY the crappy little sensor thing which you could get on like ps1 :S also the games are pretty rubbish, ps2 has all the best games basically

Uh huh
Name a ps1 game that you can control by waving your hand.

Wii isn't just good for goign ******* WAVY WAVY, it's got good graphics and good games.

FlyingJesus
03-11-2007, 12:58 AM
i dno i was lying about ps1 doing it but its old technology, thats what i was getting at. graphics are irrelevant because often (i know for certain in the case of the 360) good gameplay has been sacrificed in favour of good graphics, and tbh i dont care if i can see individual red blood cells on a game if playing it aint fun. in my experience wii games arent all that good

Neversoft
03-11-2007, 12:58 AM

The playstation never had a sensor bar, don't make me laugh! The Wii is old technology!? Are you from the future or something!? The Wii is the only console in existance with it's kind of technology. On what other consoles can you control things on screen by your movements? You're talking to a real gaming nerd here mate, I'd back off if I were you!

The Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 have better graphics than the Wii. So using your logic, Tom, the Wii has to have the best games if it's got the worst graphics? ;)

Also, Tom. You're a bully. Bullies tend to like Sony and hate Nintendo.

FlyingJesus
03-11-2007, 01:14 AM
lol wut. ill admit i do like sony but i dont hate on nintendo, just not a wii fan. covered sensor techs in previous post, and yeah i acknowledge other consoles might not have it but its not cutting edge stuff lol. dunno what ps3 games are like as havent seen many, but tbh i dont like the looks of many except PES08, which ill be getting on my ps2 anyway. i hate the whole idea of "OLD STUFF IS COOLER" but in all honesty most of the best games were on ps1 or 2, or n64 for the nintendo side of things. dont really like xbox's full stop, just not my thing with all the billions of fps games

Neversoft
03-11-2007, 01:32 AM
lol wut. ill admit i do like sony but i dont hate on nintendo, just not a wii fan. covered sensor techs in previous post, and yeah i acknowledge other consoles might not have it but its not cutting edge stuff lol. dunno what ps3 games are like as havent seen many, but tbh i dont like the looks of many except PES08, which ill be getting on my ps2 anyway. i hate the whole idea of "OLD STUFF IS COOLER" but in all honesty most of the best games were on ps1 or 2, or n64 for the nintendo side of things. dont really like xbox's full stop, just not my thing with all the billions of fps games

It is cutting edge stuff m8, it's the future! In the console gaming industry you've got to keep making your console better, what do you think Sony and Microsoft are going to do now after the success of the Wii? They're going to add similar features to their next console and make it even better. Consoles will keep advancing and getting better throughout our lifetime. Although Japan will always be one step ahead since they're like 5 years more advance than us. ;)

I haven't played any PS3 games either, mainly because theres none I want to play. The PS3 has got like some mega high-definition ultra graphics but doesn't really have the games. I think the Wii is opposite. It's not got mega graphics, but has the fun multiplayer games the other consoles lack and has these huge adventure games that are recognised as some of the best in the world. The Xbox is like, in the middle. It's graphics are average, the games are average.

I also think that the PS1 and N64 were awesome. But I gotta half disagree with you. The only game I liked on PS2 was GTA. I thought they were crap and they cashed and broke all the time.

Anyway, The Wii is like marmite, you either love it, or hate it. Or in some cases... think it's alright. Well, actually thats the case with every console. ;)

FlyingJesus
03-11-2007, 01:38 AM
:o not a football game fan then i take it? ps2 is easily best for them, and also ffx ^_^ i guess what console you want depends on what sort of game you like. i prefer rpgs, platform games and football games so go for sony, if you like fps and racing go for xbox and if you like kinda childish games with "charm" get some form of nintendo.

flux
03-11-2007, 01:42 AM
:o not a football game fan then i take it? ps2 is easily best for them, and also ffx ^_^ i guess what console you want depends on what sort of game you like. i prefer rpgs, platform games and football games so go for sony, if you like fps and racing go for xbox and if you like kinda childish games with "charm" get some form of nintendo.
Couldn't agree more though, even if it is stereotypical it's true lol.
I'm a fan of racing & platform games mostly myself so I prefer xbox and sony.

Neversoft
03-11-2007, 02:45 AM

Childish? Resident Evil Wii Edition? Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles? Brothers in Arms: Double Time? Disaster: Day of Crisis? No More Heroes? Sadness? All of which are Wii-only games for a mature audience and I could name many more.

I hate it when people associate Nintendo with children. Damn, the Wii even has Manhunt 2. And don't bother saying the Gamecube was childish either, because even that had mature games such as Eternal Darkness. ;)

You like platformers? One word... Mario. Practically invented the genre.
Rpg's eh? Nintendo has enough of them thats for sure.
And as for football, Nintendo has it's fair share.

Why do you put Nintendo down so much when it has basically invented your favourite genre of games?

What console you want does not depend on what games you like AT ALL.

Not even gonna bother with Ben's post, haha!

FlyingJesus
03-11-2007, 11:08 AM
chirs i meant good games. you can have a multitude of games where you blunder around in the dark, but it wont change the fact that nintendo do generally cater for cartoony games which are "wacky" or some other such word.

nintendo didnt create platform, sega did them years before and if were all honest, the spectrum had most types of game on it. im sure the nintendo has had rpgs, in fact i know it had the original final fantasy games, but other than for RETRO IM AM COOL reasons no-one likes them; the decent FF games are on playstation. as for football games, i know you get them on nintendo consoles but theyre nowhere near as good as they are through a sony, mostly due to the difference in controls.

im not putting nintendo down, im just saying that it doesnt suit me, and as i mentioned before it hasnt invented anything :S

whoooosh
03-11-2007, 11:21 AM
psp
even tho i love the wii

Browney
03-11-2007, 11:24 AM
None of the next gen stuff has impressed me. So I'm sticking with my good old reliable PS2. Decent games, decent graphic and alright gameplay. :)

Energizer
03-11-2007, 12:34 PM
psp's are ****. although the wii's not too good either tbh imo.

Niall!
03-11-2007, 12:36 PM
chirs i meant good games. you can have a multitude of games where you blunder around in the dark, but it wont change the fact that nintendo do generally cater for cartoony games which are "wacky" or some other such word.

nintendo didnt create platform, sega did them years before and if were all honest, the spectrum had most types of game on it. im sure the nintendo has had rpgs, in fact i know it had the original final fantasy games, but other than for RETRO IM AM COOL reasons no-one likes them; the decent FF games are on playstation. as for football games, i know you get them on nintendo consoles but theyre nowhere near as good as they are through a sony, mostly due to the difference in controls.

im not putting nintendo down, im just saying that it doesnt suit me, and as i mentioned before it hasnt invented anything :S

The sega part, much as I hate to admit it, is untrue. Mario created platformers.

And "cartoony graphics"..... HAVE YOU EVER ACTUALLY PLAYED THE WII?
Some games, like Mario strikiers etc ARE cartoony, but then the list of games Chris mentioned, even zelda, are all not cartoony.
And rpgs.. just wait. They'll come

FlyingJesus
03-11-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't see RPGs being that great on the Wii, if you're using the sensor controller thing that it would probably be a bit dodgy anyway, and if you're using a normal controller then you might as well play a PS2. Again I'll say I have nothing against Nintendo, I'm just not sure why we need this "next gen" stuff when there's nothing more we need. Sensor controls won't be used in the future as they're too much effort - people playing consoles would rather be sitting around not having to exert too much energy (in general) because we as humans like everything to be as easy as possible.

Neversoft
03-11-2007, 03:38 PM

Every game I mentioned has either been an awesome success or hasn't been released yet but has so much hype its unbelieveable. So, they ARE good games. Please, name these 'cartoony' games as I'd like to see what else you have to say besides Mario.

I'm not quite sure if you know what a platformer is. Because Nintendo's arcade game Donkey Kong was the first ever platform game created. And after came Mario, Mario Bros, etc. Sega wernt even around when these were created.

Nintendo hasn't invented anything is possibly one of the most stupid things I've ever heard! As I've already said, they DID invent plaformers along with some others things... like... basically... video games.

Just read your above post and you really do seem to be putting Nintendo down just because you don't like the controls. Nintendo have some of the most successful RPG's on their systems.

Are you saying Nintendo is too advance for you? :O If you just sat down and gave a few games a try you'd see it's much much better than you make it out to be. It requires the same amount of effort any other console does. Of course excluding games such as Wii Sports and Wii Play.

The sensor requires near to no effort at all. As I said, just the same amount of effort as a normal controller would. Using the Wii's Remote and sensor is easy as... putting your shoe on. Seriously. If you think it's too much effort than you must be the laziest of all lazy people ever.

People playing consoles? I am a person playing a console and I would rather play the the Wii over any other console. As would the other 13 million people who have brought one. Fastest selling console of all time much? ;)

Adam$
03-11-2007, 07:24 PM
The playstation never had a sensor bar, don't make me laugh! The Wii is old technology!? Are you from the future or something!? The Wii is the only console in existance with it's kind of technology. On what other consoles can you control things on screen by your movements? You're talking to a real gaming nerd here mate, I'd back off if I were you!

The Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 have better graphics than the Wii. So using your logic, Tom, the Wii has to have the best games if it's got the worst graphics? ;)

Also, Tom. You're a bully. Bullies tend to like Sony and hate Nintendo.
PS3.

You should get one of those, from what I've seen on Youtube it looks sweet.

Neversoft
03-11-2007, 08:03 PM
PS3.

You should get one of those, from what I've seen on Youtube it looks sweet.

PS3 technology is nothing like the Wii. PS3 doesn't even have rumble.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!